12

Everything, Everything.

The night was chilly, not too cold for a winter’s night, clear skies and a full moon. Zoey and Soo-Hyuk walked around Hongdae taking in the night vibe of the city, couples kissing on the corners, men trying to bring in girls into clubs and girls refusing and walking away. There was a silence that had fallen between them, the two of them immersed in their thoughts, Although the silence wasn’t awkward it was comfortable no need to state an opinion about little things..it was pleasant.

 

Zoey remembered the last time she had been around these streets it had been with Yongguk, the two of them both sneaked out of their dorm and ended up in Hongdae. He had wanted to show her the old clubs he had performed before he was signed to TS. He wanted to show her every nook and corner of the blocks, telling her stories of ex-girlfriends, the day he almost was involved in a fight which had caught Zoey off guard given the fact that she knew he wasn’t a violent guy and that night was also the night they shared their first kiss. Zoey let out a long audible sigh catching Soo-Hyuks attention.

“Bored already huh?” he playfully nugged her shoulder.

“No, I’m not bored I just haven’t been here in a while that’s all. It brings back old memories.” She let out a sigh again.

Soo-Hyuk stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and turned to Zoey.

“Are they bad memories? I don’t want you to feel like you need to be here we can go wherever Busan, Jeju, Hawaii, anywhere!”

She started laughing and pushed him causing him to laugh and grab her hand.

“I’m being serious we could leave.”

She looked up at him and saw the sincerity in his eyes, she recognized that look it was similar to Yongguk’s.

“So we could go to Hawaii right now?” She giggled.

He took her in his arms and started walking.

“Wherever you want kiddo, wherever you want. I just don’t want you to feel uncomfortable.” He squeezed her body into his. She melted in his embrace, sniffing in his cologne.

“I’m not uncomfortable. I’m having bits and pieces of Dejavu nothing to worry about, Let’s just walk around. If I feel uncomfortable the keyword will be Hyung. If I call you hyung I want to go home, got it?”

He looked down at he and smiled.

“Got it, dongsaeng.”

She laughed and lightly hit his chest.

 

 

“Let’s play 21 questions?” Soo-Hyuk said after walking for about 10 minutes.

“Ok, You first.”

“What did you think about me when you first saw me?” She stopped in her tracks putting her hands on her hips.

“Wow, you sure are direct. Round of applause the first man to be so upfront.” Zoey started clapping her hands causing some people to look at them like they were mad. Soo-Hyuk who was standing 5 feet in front of her started to look around and blush.

“Ya, everyone is gonna look at you and I and then rumors are going to start. Come over here crazy girl.” He ushered her over.

She put her hands in her jacket and skipped to him.

“You’re right what was I thinking. God forbid if they start rumors. Zoey and Soo-Hyuk: International Superstar and International Model clapping in the middle of Hongdae living life on the edge. What will I do.”

He looked down at her and caught her little smirk and began to tickle her sides. She pushed his hands letting out small little yelps.

“Stop! I’m ticklish.”

“So stop with your little smart remarks and answer the question pabo!” He stuck his tongue out.

She rolled her eyes and started walking straight ahead answering his question.

“Well, first time I saw you I said “Oh, wow Hyorin’s cousin. Cool.” She looked up at Soo-Hyuk and saw his hands ready to tickle, quickly she spoke again “Seriously, I thought you were good-looking. I think it was a year or so since I saw you. Then I heard you speak and my oh my, you took me back I wasn’t expecting such a deep voice from a guy with a fragile face.”

“Hey, I don’t have a fragile face! It’s what we in the business call chic, trendy and cutting-edge. So basically what you are trying to tell me is that the first time you saw me you thought I was hot.”

“No airhead not hot handsome.”

“Same thing.” He ruffled her hair.

“My turn. Longest relationship?”

He looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

“And I’m the one that asks direct questions, huh? Well to answer my last relationship was the longest one 5 years.”

“Oh wow! That’s long why did you guys break up?”

“Your turn is over. My turn. What was your longest relationship and why did you break up?”

She furrowed her brows and looked at him.

“Why you! That’s two questions!” She smacked his arm and went to smack it again he backed away.

“It’s a two in one!” He spoke loudly as he walked backwards but far away from her violent attacks.

“Well, my longest was 3 years. And we broke up because I fell in love with him.” She was looking down while walking and bumped into Soo-Hyuks chest. He looked down at her with an eyebrow raised.

“Usually when people fall in love the decide to stay together. You know the old preschool rhyme first comes love, then comes marriage..” They reached a park bench and took a seat. Soo-Hyuk saw Zoey was rubbing her hands together and he took his scarf and wrapped it around her neck. She looked at him and smiled.

“Thanks. Yeah that’s what usually happens but I was scared it was my first real relationship so I panicked. Now I’m a little older and I’ve learned. My turn, what are you looking for right now?”

He gave her a side eye look.

“You’re slick, I’m not sure I think I’m just looking to find someone I click with it’s been quite sometime since I’ve been single. Not sure if I’m looking to get married right now but I’m open to anything. My turn, how long do you plan on staying in Seoul?”

“Hyung.” Zoey looked at him like she had seen a ghost.

“What?”

“Hyung.” Zoey got up from the bench and wrapped the scarf around her head and grabbed Soo-Hyuks hand.

“What’s going on?” he asked as the begun walking fast towards his car. She was cursing at herself in her head for walking so far away and not thinking about where he parked his car. As they passed through people and through those clubs all Zoey could think about was escaping Hongdae and trying to hide in the car for right now. Had anyone saw her she knew she would be in big trouble. Soo-Hyuk thankfully took the lead and held on to her hand guiding her to the car, 15 minutes later the arrived to the safe spot, his car.

 

 

They both got in the car both taking deep breaths, Soo-Hyuk adjusting his neck tie and Zoey taking off the scarf that had suffocated her the whole time they had been walking.

“What the hell was that?” Soo-Hyuk said in between breathes.

“Nothing, I just saw someone. Someone who should not see the two of us together.”

Zoey looked down at her phone and saw that it was almost midnight she had to go home soon.

“Was it your ex?” Soo-Hyuk said as he started the car pulling out of the parking space.

“No. It was someone who could’ve saw us and said something. Remember the headlines I made fun of well. Those would’ve been very real had we been seen by said person.” She looked out the window.

“Oh, ok I’m guessing you want to head home now?” He looked down the street. Zoey couldn’t help but detect a slight change in his voice it sounded as though as if he were to be disappointed that the night was ending.

“Yeah, if you don’t mind. But don’t think I’m done with this game we will have 21 questions part 2 very soon!” she looked at him and smiled.

He looked at her and back at the road. “So, what you’re saying is I get a second date?”

“Yep, you get a second date. I had a lot of fun.” She saw the block of her apartment and knew that this night was coming to an end very soon.

“I had fun to you know.” He stopped in front of her building let himself out the car and coming around to open her door for her.

“The infamous Zoey I finally got to go on a date with her. She’s pretty amazing if you ask me.” He leaned in a little so their noses could be 2 inches apart.

“I mean they say that she’s the best person to go on a date with though. She’s funny, smart, beautifu-“ His lips cut her off in the middle of her sentence. The kiss lasted for about two long minutes she unhinged herself from him and fixed herself up.

“Well, here’s your scarf.” She begun to take the scarf off and he grabbed her hand to stop her.

“Borrow it. It’s supposed to be cold tomorrow and I have a million of scarves you need to be healthy. I need you to be in tip top shape for date number two.”

He fixed the scarf back around her neck and kissed her on her forehead.

“Night, crazy lady.”

She smiled and walked towards the entrance to her apartment complex.

“Night, devious man.”

Who would’ve known she would have such an amazing date. Zoey stepped in the elevator and put her head on the wall and smiled as the doors shut.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

+ Welcome and Thank you to all the new Subscribers! I hope you enjoy the story and this chapter. As always please feel free to comment and give me some feedback. What do you feel about me introducing another guy?? Stay tuned for another update. XX+