1

Everything, Everything.

Zoey took a step out of the airport breathing in the familiar air of Seoul, the place she had escaped for a year. She had traveled the world for a whole year doing shows, press conferences everything to keep herself busy and now she was back home. Home, those words were chilling, home had felt like a ghost town. She took a deep sigh and rolled her luggage to the van waiting for her arrival, her manager greeting her with a huge smile on his face quickly grabbing the luggage and setting them down in the van.

“There you are! Let me take a look at you, you got thinner, your hair is longer than before and you got shorter!” He patted her on the head. Zoeys' manager was a small man with a big belly, came from a small town by the water, he always had this stern look on his face the look as though he was ready to complain about something at any given moment but never did. He had been managing her ever since she had arrived to Seoul about 4 years ago when she had been only 19 and not knowing a thing of Korean. He helped her out with everything, when holidays came around he would bring her along so she could spend them with his family and not have to feel alone. When the time came for Zoey to sign a contract he reread the contract over with her and explained in detail what exactly it was that was expected from her. He was a small man with big dreams, he cared for her like a father.

Four years ago Zoey came to South Korea from the United States traveling as a solo artist after making her name in the US she had decided it was a time for a change. Time to do something out of the ordinary life in the US was becoming tiresome and lonely. She hailed from New York but had to move to California because she just could not take the stress that was going on at home, which is what she had told herself when she moved to California and then to South Korea. The truth was that it was her father, her best friend, the man who made her feel as though everything was alright he was sick and she could not bare to deal with it. Ignoring things was her expertise, how could she have possibly face that the man who said he would always protect, was no longer going to be there. The night before she made the decision to move to Korea, Zoey had gone to New York to visit her father who was in a home with twenty-four hour care due to his condition. She could not remember much from the time her father was sick, mostly because it was a part of her life that she had wanted to block those painful memories away but there was something that she would always remember which this;

*Flashback*

“Hey Daddy, how you’ve been?” she grabbed her fathers cold leathery thinning hands. Her father had these eyes that could see into a persons soul, the eyes that made you feel all warm inside and made you smile it was a kindness that isn’t taught to you but it’s something that was born in you. “Hey sweetie, I’ve been good. I haven’t seen you in a while, you don’t call me anymore what did Hollywood get to your head.” He gave her his famous crooked smile. Not being able to look in his eyes any longer she started playing around with the bracelet around his wrist, “I’m sorry dad. I didn’t mean to I’ve just been really busy with recording and photo shoots, How can I forget about my best friend?” “I missed that laugh of yours music to my ears. Sweetie have I ever told you that you are beautiful?” Her father was always the one to compliment her ever since she was a child. “Yeah like about a million times. Dad, how about when you get better you come to California with me? You’ve never been to Disneyworld and they have Disneyland over there we could go!” Her father gripped her hand and let out a small chuckle. “Sweetie, where ever you go daddy will always be there, no matter what.” Zoey felt her eyes becoming foggy, her dads face became a blur as she looked up.  “Dad what are you talking about, you’ll always be here.” Zoey gave him a small nudge to lighten up the mood. “Honey, you know what makes me sad is that I won’t be there to see you get married. I could only imagine how lovely you would look. Who ever the man is that marries you is a lucky man and also crazy man because he will have to go through hell to get you to say yes.”

That was the night she decided that she could no longer stay in New York, it was her time to leave.

*End of Flashback*

Four years later Zoey found herself back at the same airport, in a similar situation.

“Oppa, it’s nice to see you too. I didn’t get thinner it’s just that I’m wearing black and baggy clothes. I forgot about how much the fans cared about airport fashion.” She pulled him into a hug, Zoey wasn’t big on hugs or any types of sign of affection, but being away from someone that you were so close to for a year took a toll on her body. He grabbed her her shoulders and took a step back from the hug. “Ya, are you still getting accustomed to the air down here after being seventeen hours in a plane. When did you become all affectionate?” Zoey gave him a playful glare before stepping into the van, “Hey, that will be your last hug.” She pointed her finger at him and warned him. “But I missed you. It wasn’t the same you know, no one to make fun of the way I carried a tune, or no one to point out the flaws in my dancing.” He looked at her from the rearview mirror and laughed. “You make me sound like a bully. I miss you too, who told you to go travel the world without your backup, ah? Does anyone know you are here?” “I needed to be a big girl and travel by myself see how it was like, plus I wasn’t completely alone Jason was with me he kept me company. But to answer your question, no, no one knows I am here apart from you and Hyorin.”

“Aish, your make up artist doesn’t count as your team that’s just one-eighth of your team. Oh boy, well get ready.” He kept his eyes on the road but the expression on his face was a worrisome look. Zoey laid back in her chair and gazed out at the streets of Korea nothing seemed to have changed, everyone looked the same, cars were still driving crazily, kids playing outside in the parks and buildings were in exactly where she had left them. Zoey closed eyes and went to sleep until she reached her apartment.

 

Ok everyone please leave a comment down below and tell me what you think so far! Thank you so much more updates on the way.