Karaoke

Running with No Limit {Hiatus}

We all sat down at a long table with two grilling plates in the middle. I sat next to Lena and incredibly unfrotunatley Minji on either side of me. The two lent over me constantly laughing and giggling and I just awkwardly sat in the middle nodding along without anything to add. I looked over at the opposite side of the table to see B.I and Bobby laughing together and Jinhwan oppa two seats over quietly eating and charmingly smiling along to the mindless banter of the girl next to him. 

I sighed as I stuffed my face full of meat and chomped down. I notice as Bobby and Meena's eyes flicker to each others blushingly making eye contact. All around the table sparks fly. I look over to see Jinhwan oppa avert his eyes from your direction and you feel a warm comfort and can't help but let yourself smile. 

"Okaaaaay!!" Bobby suddenly shouts standing up as everyone looks up at him smiling. " Next stop, karaoke chinguss" 

Everyone gots up happily cheering 

"Mianhae, but I'm out" Says Jinhwan oppa as he smiles and bows politely. 

"ahhh waaae" the girl sitting next to him winges 

He smiles sweetly " Mian, Mian, I have a lesson in exactly 6 hours from now, I think I need to sleep" he says and I watch him as he goes to leave. 

He looks over and for a moment the two of you just look at each other.  You think of the chocolates in your bag for a moment before he gets up and walks up next to you and whispers into your ear. Everyone else is busy gathering their things but you still feel two pairs of eyes trained on you in the moment 

"Happy Valentines Sera" he says before he walks out and you look to see a smug expression on Minji's face and look across to see Hanbin gritting his teeth with his eyes focussed eleswhere. 

You all head over to the karaoke room together and you want to leave but something keeps you from going. 

Inside the small room squashing too many sweaty teens together you sit on the sliver of seating you can find. 

"Yah everyone put in 5 bucks and we can use it to split all the bills and stuff" 

I open my bag and take out mywallet placing my share in on the table before turning back to see Minji intently staring at my half open bag 

"Yaah!! guys, look heere" she say opening the zipper of my bag and pulling out the box of chocolates.

"Unnie, looks like you were prepared for the day" Minji said waving them about with a sly laugh as everyone else ooooohed and aaaaahed along with her. 

My mind panicked not knowing what to do and I just went forward to grab them out of her hand and stood there holding the box. Minji crooked her head lookign at the empty name tag on the box. 

"Unnie, Unnie, you have to tell us. Who are they for? there's no name on the tag"

I felt my throat thick and murky as I failed to speak

"Jinhwan oppa?? hmm but he's already left ... then maybe" she looked around the room spotting B.I. frozen infront of the screen at the front of the room eyes directly on Sera. 

But before she could say anything else 

"I gave them to her" B.I said suddenly 

I looked up to see B.I move forward past everyone else towards me. 

"I gave them to her okay, you were a bit off the mark there Minji" He said with a sharp glare that pushed her aside 

"Let's go" he said quietly grabbing my hand and pulling me and my bag out of the room

We walked out of the building leaving the rest of the stunned trainees behind. He let my hand go after a moment and I took a deep breath for the frist time since leaving that room. We walked in silence towards the dorms before I stopped and he turned back slowly expressionless. 

"They're not for Jinhwan oppa" I said, feeling like I needed to say it. 

"You don't have to explain to me Sera" 

I just looked at him 

"I-I made them just randomly and I was gonna eat em myself, you know me ! I was literally planning on eating these myself!" I said in a pleadingly high tone 

His eyes watched mine and he turned back around

"It's fine, please, please don't explain to me" He said before starting to walk again 

"WAIT" I yelled out 

"...But, but why'd you do that... for me? I thought we weren't talking again" 

He didn't reply 

"It's cause we're friends right? " I said cautiously and he turned around eyebrows slightly furrowed with a face unreadable. Was he angry, or sad or upset I couldn't tell 

He sighed looking at the ground and then walked back over to me and looked me piercingly straight in the eyes. 

"We're not friends anymore Sera. I can't be friends with you" 

I felt my heart drop and anger boil up twisting inside of me 

"YAH... then why'd you do it" I said waiting "Please Hanbin your my best friend, don't say we can't be friends" 

"WE CAN'T BE" he said angrily as I felt startled 

"You wanna know why Sera, because...." he said faltering 

"Because ... " his eyes shook and the moment dragged on and his voice grew smaller and smaller. The nights cold englufed us and I felt my heart race and tigheten as we stood cms apart with him looking down into my eyes and his eyes looked at my bright red nose as his eyebrows furrowed further. He looked at the scarf around my neck and swallowed 

"... because Sera...I think I'm falling in love with you" He stopped and looked at my silent expression carefully. His voice shook but he tried to remain as determined as his mind,"No. I AM in love with you, like crazy. And and I kissed you because all I wanted to do was kiss you because ... I really really like you Yoo Sera... not just as friends"

We both stood silent after that and watched as the air crystalised with our breaths. 

"Wait.. wait,Hanbin...what about Minji " I said confused not making sense. "I'm, I'm sorry I, just ... I just thought you were being random and implusive and ..."

I looked up at him and he looked away not able to make eye contact.The charasmatic Kim Hanbin, not being able to make eye contact

"Hanbin..." I almost whispered and not another word would come out 

"Sera" he said so very quietly and stepped back as his face sunk after waiting  "I get it, you like Jinhwan and that's fine but ...." 

He suddenly looked puzzled and frustrated and just turned around and started walking again... and I let him walk away and just stood there mind still racing not working fast enough.