Bike Ride

Running with No Limit {Hiatus}

I'd changed my schedule to accomadate the dance and moved all my evening classes for the day to the mornings for the next couple of days. I walked fast after school to the trainee building feeling a bubbling sense of excitement inside me at the thought of going to the dance. Even if it was corny it only happened once in your school life and so .. I had to admit feeling excited about the thought of getting ready and heading out tonight. 

I got to the rehersal room and saw my dance trainer waiting with the a handful of other girls as I bowed and took my spot amongst them. We practiced and as each of us got the moves right he sent us out and watched those falling behind with more attention. My eyes kept darting to the clock as the 1 hour session slowly turned into 2 and the teacher seemed to just get more and more annoyed and therefore more focussed on details he'd let slip with the earlier girls. I felt my body starting to fall behind the beat as I breathed heavier. The four other girls with me looked just as exhausted and the group of us togther were giving beyond a bad impression. One of the girls stopped after the song finished not going back to her position.

"...Seongsaenim... I actually have another rehersal to go to in 5 minutes.." His eyes shot over to hers glaring 

"Yah, is my lesson of less importance? You can't get this one thing right and you want to move onto trying another class?" 

She went quiet as we all gulped and went back to the beginning. Just my luck, having an irritated teacher on a day like this. As the teacher walked us through the moves slower and in more detail again we heard a knock on the door as I saw Jinhwan walk in confused by the scene he saw infront of him. He looked at me with his eyes squinting slightly and then back at the teacher.

"Ah mianhae" he bowed quickly "I just have this room booked..." He saw the instructors eyes and read the atmosphere before bowing himself out and looking over at me one more time well aware today was my dance. 

Suddenly half way through a run the power went out and we all looked up as the room went dark and the music suddenly turned off. The teacher groaned frustrated as he walked out of the room into the dark hallway. I used the chance to quickly look at my phone and realise it was already too late, there was only 15 minutes before the dance started. I thought about Minji there with Hanbin feeling victorious thinking I hadn't come because of her. Suddenly the teacher walked back in and I pushed the phone into my back pocket.

He looked at each of us through the dark of the room and sighed.

"power outage, we can't really dance without music, so just go to your next lessons" irritated he walked out of the room as I grabbed up my things and walked out of the building. Outside I saw Jinhwan oppa who ran over to me smiling

"Come on! I've been waiting" he pulled me to the side of the building where his bike stood resting against the wall.

"...waiting?"

"quickly hop on or you'll be late" He motioned to get on the bike as he did the same

"Oppa there's no time left" I said as we rode back to the dorms 

"Ayyy, Sera a little late is always okay, and plus this way you have an express transport system" he said smiling as he peddaled faster. 

I jumped off the bike running up the front stairs before turning around and running back down again

"Oppa" I said before hesitating a bit. He looked over at me calm while I fumbled for a bit "do you .. want to come as my date?" I said finally and I saw just for a flash of a moment a look of suprise on his face as his eyes widened slightly. 

"I'd really like it if you would... NOT THAT YOU HAVE TO .. obviously, and I mean as like friends not like, umm... yeah"

He laughed a little putting the breaks on his bike and stepping off. "I'd love to Yoo Sera"

I let myself breathe as he smiled his signature half smile with his eyes smiling too. 

"Now go get ready" I nodded as he pushed me forward and I ran into the elevator waiting holding the door for him.

"it's okay you go first"

"Oppa, if you're going to be my date you gotta wear something else though okay" I said eyeing his trainging clothes up and down. He laughed as he pushed his bike up against a tree. 

"Arreso, go I'll come"

I walked into my apartment washing my face and tying my hair into a little loose bun by the nape of my neck with bobby pins and a few loose curled pieces playing across the side of my profile. I sat down infront of the mirror in my room and applied my makeup lightly and used a pale pink lip colour to match my dress. Finally I took a deep breath and stepped into my dress slipping it over my shoulders and zipping it up. With silver heels and a clutch in my hand I looked at myself for a moment in the long mirror feeling slightly awkward. Walking out of the building I saw Jinhwan standing there in a sleek black suit with a crisp white shirt and thin black neck tie. He looked at me for a moment before walking over and helping me down the last couple of stairs. 

"You look stunning Yoo Sera" I felt myself blush as he helped me up onto his bike and gave me his coat to hold as he folded up his sleeves and started pedalling

I held onto him around his waist and though I'd done it before too, with just the crisp white shirt seperating my hands from him I felt my heart flutter a little as my face sat on his back.

"Oppa, you look good too" I said as he took us around the corner towards the open gates of the school.

"ofcourse" he said smiling playfully as we arrived. 

He helped me down as he left his bike at the side of the entrance 

"aiiish we're so late oppa, now everyone's going to see us walk in" my voice shaked a little anxious

"Isn't that the aim?" Jinhwan said with a smile as he offered his arm for me to hold. 

As I took his arm I felt myself shiver from the cold.

"Also this way nobody has seen us pull up in a bike in comparison to a limo" he said 

I laughed as we headed to the doorway. "Aaay oppa that was the best part" I said and he stopped for a moment and looked at me and I looked back smiling

Suddenly he bent down slightly and stopped an inch from my face and breathed out slightly letting it play against my skin. He watched my eyes blink and my eyelashes reach out towards my cheek as he'd watched so cloesly on the bus and my red nose shinning from the cold. Without thinking about it Jinhwan closed his eyes and then ever so softly let his lips kiss my cheek. I stopped completley and felt a warmth move from the top of my head into the ends of my fingertips as the thought processed. The weight of his cold lips, cold from having felt the wind against his face on the way here, now felt tingly against my warming face and as he pulled away after just a moment he watched me trying to compose myself. My face reddened and I felt my eyes shift from side to side not knowing what to do as my hand automatically rose to hold my cheek where his lips had rested a second ago. Jinhwan oppa smiled taking my hand from my face and slowly placing it back around his arm as he lead us forward and pushed the door open for me.

"Let's have fun tonight Sera" he said whispering into my ear as we walked into the gigantic hall my senses all still distorted.