Chapter 6

Let's stay strong

She woke up to the buzzing of her mobile phone and reluctantly left the warmth and comfort of her bed to take a shower. The year end holiday started today and as much as she wanted to stay in bed for the rest of the day, she had things to do. After brushing her teeth and having a quick shower, she went to the kitchen, always having a habit of drinking a tall glass of water upon waking up in the morning.

She was about to go her bedroom when the doorbell rang. She glanced at the clock, wondering who would visit at 8 in the morning. Her parents were out of the country at the moment and in addition to that, her family rarely got visitors.

She clicked on the device fixed onto the wall and an image of a person appeared on the screen. She knitted her eyebrows in confusion before walking towards the door.

The door opened to reveal Bobby smiling adorably and waving at her. She couldn’t help but cracked into a smile as well before stepping aside and pulling him in.

He dressed casual today. Snapback, along with a black tank top, throwing a comfortable jacket on to shield from cold and dark baggy trousers. Every fibre of his body screamed hip-hop. To her, he looked good in this kind of outfit but she kind of missed his fluffy hair already.

“I thought we agreed to meet at –- ” She didn’t get to finish her sentence when Bobby cut in.

“It’s alright. If there’s any chance indicating that I get to spend more time with you, I’ll take it.” Bobby gingerly took her hand in his, trying to make it less awkward as it seemed.

She silently laughed at his antics and gave his hand a firm grip for a few seconds.

“Are you still feeling awkward with this?” She gestured towards their entwined hand before looking up to meet his eyes.

“I’m getting there.” His eyes twinkled with mischief and both laughed at his remark.

It had definitely felt more comfortable today than two days ago and his palm didn’t sweat as much.

“So where are we going, Jiwon?” She swung their hands a little, trying to make Bobby relax and also indirectly suppressing her enhanced heart beat by taking slow deep breathes.

He smiled again, showing his infamous bunny teeth.

“I heard from hyung that there is a café near this apartment that provide good breakfast.”

She nodded, knowing perfectly well which one he was referring to. She excused herself to grab her handbag from her bedroom. After checking herself in the mirror, she walked to the café hand in hand with a surprisingly cheerful than normal Bobby. Not that she minded though. It felt good to be able to walk in town with her boyfriend and do what couples usually do. With that thought, she unconsciously leaned closer to him when there was a crowd of people walking against them.

Bobby noticed warmth radiating from his side before glancing at her. The tip of his lips moved slightly up before feeling more confident to walk alongside of her. He slightly tugged on their entwined hand towards himself, their arms knocking against each other. And both of them smile when their eyes met. There was no need for exchange of words between them. They had a mutual understanding regarding what they felt about each other and were silently enjoying the comfort as simple as hand-holding.