Chapter 11

Let's stay strong

“Do you want me to send you off tomorrow?”

Time flew by fast and today was the last day Bobby would be in States before flying miles away tomorrow. Both were currently lying on her bed, comfortable with each other’s present as they snuggled closer. Bobby had his hand under Raein and moved his arm a little so that Raein was now lying on top of him, with her head on his built chest.

She closed her eyes as she listened to the thumping of his heart and moved accordingly with every inhale and exhale he took. Bobby hands were encircling her waist, pressing her closer to him, slight smile on his face.

“No.”

“No?” She reached for his arm and poked at his biceps.

“No.” He whispered, gazing into a distance, seemed to be lost in his thought.

“Why?” She tilted her head up to see him looking down at her.

“My mum is going to cry a River Nile tomorrow and I think I won’t lose in that competition as well.”

Both of them laughed at the mentioned of that. Bobby could be a cry baby when he wanted to.

He shifted her a little so that she could comfortably rest her head on his arms, saving herself from a neck ache later. He lifted her chin, eyes right on hers, his gaze filled with nothing but love with a hint of sadness.

“It’s already hard for me to leave my family behind and it would be a lot harder to see you and my family there for my departure from US.”

She smiled and rested her hands on her cheeks.

“Hmm, you made me seem like a very important part of your life.”

Eyes disappearing into a crescent shape as he lifted her slightly to plant a kiss on her nose.

“Cause you are occupying a huge chunk of my mind.”

He tightened his hug, nearly squeezing the life out of Raein. She could only laugh at that as she enjoyed his presence.

The conversation dropped death then, but they felt comfort in each other’s arms and they stayed like that for a while. Both of them were going to miss these moments. They would be missing the voices that they had accustomed to hearing every morning after they woke up and every night before they sleep. Hearing voices from the speakers just didn’t feel the same.

“I miss you already.” She voiced out her thought, breaking the silence as she snuggled into him.

“I have always been missing you.” Words came up as smooth as silk from Bobby’s tongue.

She folded her arms and rested them on his chest. She then lowered her head and rested on her arms.

Bobby smiled at her as her eyes graze over her, taking in everything about her. His fingers strained towards her cheeks and slowly moved to touch her other face features, feeling how soft her skin was under his calloused fingers. When he was done admiring her face with both visual and tactile sensation, he cupped her face and she leaned towards the warmth.

“You’re so beautiful.”

Raein giggled and cupped his face. “One thing I learnt about you is that enhanced sweet talking skill.”

“I’m just stating the truth.” He placed his hands on her hands and pulled them down.

“Don’t use it on other girls. I am warning you.” She gave him a glare and pointed at him with her index finger serving as a warning.

That earned a laugh from Bobby as he mentally noted how cute his girlfriend was.

“Aww. I won’t. I promise.” He moved his head towards her and sealed their promise with a kiss.