Chapter 5

Can We Have This Baby? (Xiuhan Edition) [Editing]

Once again I am sorry guys updating this late. I had the hardest time writing this chapter I have no idea why....

{BUT AFTER SEEING EXO I AM STILL WONDERING HOW I AM ALIVE MY UB BIAS MR. KIM MINSEOK WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME *CRIES* If you guys want to know about my ExoDrium Experience read my recent blog!!} (I am still dead on the inside... i saw the men of my dreams... i have problems.. 10/18/17) 

But to make up for it…. I made this super long! *sigh* I hate writers block. Once again warning this chapter will have a fast pace. So there will be quite of few time skips (some parts will feel like they are cut off I’m sorry >.<) I just really want to get to the good parts. So enough of my yapping! I hope you all enjoy!

And also dark red meaning they are talking in Chinese.

Also Italic can be thoughts and a behind the scene conversations, phone calls ect.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Lu you should have lunch with us. I still have sometime before I have to go to dance practice." Yixing asked his cousin.
"Sure if that's okay with you guys." Minseok nodded a little shy. He wasn't used to meeting new people.
"Well sit down!" Luhan grabbed a chair from a nearby table joining the two.
"Can we get another order please!" Yixing called out.
"Coming right up!"
"What did you order?"
"Just a regular sandwich and soda."
“You never order anything different do you. Have you tried the noodles? Now that is what I call a good lunch.”
Yixing waved off his cousin.
“I already ordered. Oh Minseok sorry! I said I was going to practice my Korean.”
“It’s fine. I don’t mind.”
“Woah your pronunciation is amazing!
Did you live here before?” Minseok gently shook his head.
“I have been learning since I was young.”
“Wow that’s amazing.”
Your meal is ready!”
“I’ll get it.” Luhan said getting up. Coming back with a tray full of food.

 

~*~

"Aww man I am going to be late for practice! I have to go!" Yixing with his mouth half full. Without saying another word he took his half eaten sandwich and ran out of the diner leaving Minseok and Luhan. They just looked at each other and the two. Luhan started laughing, Minseok chuckling.

"Does he do this often?" Minseok asked. Luhan on the other had just laughed even more while nodding. Minseok smiled.
"He usually does this so he doesn’t have to pay the bill." Luhan said after he finally calmed down.
It somewhat fell into an awkward silence. Luhan couldn’t stand the silence he spoke up.
"So, um Minseok when is you class?"
"Umm I think it’s a 1:30” Minseok checked his phone. Realizing he had 15 minutes before his next class he quickly got his stuff. "I have to go I am going to be late. Can we get the bill??" Luhan shook his head

"Don’t worry I'll pay. "
"Are you sure?" Luhan nodded.
"I'm sure."
"Thank you Luhan."
"No worries."
Luhan said giving him a reassuring smile.
"Do you know where you are going?"
"Umm.... Well.... Not really." Minseok mentally face slapped himself. "Yixing was supposed to take me back." Luhan laughed.
"That's Yixing for you. I can help you back if you want. I did say I was going to show you around."
"Really? Thanks."
"No problem. Let me just pay for this." Luhan went to pay the three meals and met Minseok at the front of the diner.
"Which building are you headed to?"
"The economics department."

"Woah a business major! You are definitely a smart one. But yeah, that building is the first one when we go back to the campus. And since it looks like you have 10 minutes before class we better go!"

~*~

Luhan and Minseok both speed walked. Minseok may have wanted to run but had to follow Luhan he didn’t want to get lost.

Once the two reached the campus Luhan pointed out a building once it was in sight.

"That is your building you should get going."
"Thank you Luhan." Minseok said quickly going.
"Minseok wait! When does your class end!?"
"2:30!"
"Okay! I will be here later!" Minseok nodded and went inside.

~*~

"Well that's all class. I shall see you next session. Your homework assignments will all be online. So, make sure you check your email." Minseok collected all his things and prepared to leave. Finally, this day is over. This was such a long class. Note to self, do not forget to check email.

Minseok quickly packed his things and headed out the building. Wait, where am I?

"Minseok!" Minseok looking around saw Luhan waving to him. I didn’t actually think he was going to meet me back here.
"So how was your class?"
"It was okay. Boring but okay."
"I can only imagine. Knowing how many math classes you have to take." Minseok just smiled.
"So where do you want to go? " Minseok thought about it but couldn’t come up with anywhere to really go.
"Umm I am not really sure." Minseok then realized something. I really would like to go back to my room.... I do want to call back home.
"Do you think you can show me how to get to my dorm?"
"Why your dorm."

"Well since I was late this morning with Yixing I didn’t really get to figure out how to get back."
"Ahh. Well it not that hard. Come on." Luhan and Minseok began to walk.

"You aren't really that far. If you do get lost all you really have to do if find the art building and your dorm is just behind it. You'll see." Luhan pointed out to Minseok.

"See that building with the statue in the front." Minseok nodded.
"Well you just go into that little street the next building you see is your dorm." Minseok looked around trying to remember the surroundings.

"Question."
"Shot."
"Are there maps around here."
"There should be one in your dorm entrance why?"
"Because almost every building here looks the same..... Maybe I should take pictures..." Luhan chuckled.
"Not true, you can tell the differences."
"Well maybe to you. I see no differences."
"Did your school back in home have different looking buildings." Luhan trying not to laugh at a confused Minseok.

"Yes actually. You could tell which department was which."
"You'll get used to these buildings. It’s just the first day."
"Hmm I hope so. I don't want to be lost for the next 4 months."
"Is that how long you are staying here?" Luhan asked. Minseok nodded.
"It’s for a semester. My family thought it was a good for me so why not." Minseok felt a buzzing in his pocket. He took out his phone it was Kyungsoo.

"Soo!"
"Hyung! Hi! Where are you? Jongin is at dance practice and I don't want to be alone..." Minseok just chuckled.
"Well I am near my dorm, where are you?"
"I am just outside of the music department."
"Music department... Luhan how far is the music department?" "
"Like a 10 minute walk."
"I'll be there in 10 minutes then Soo."
"Okay hyung!"
"Luhan you think take me there."
"Yeah sure. I need to ask something to one of my professors anyway."
"You are in the music department?"
"Yup."
"You aren't a dance major, right?"
"What I don’t like a dancer?" Luhan slightly pouts. Minseok laughs at his antic.
"I ask since Yixing and a friend of mine is."
"Ooohhhh. Right then let's go.”

~*~

"So what is your major. I don't think you told me." Minseok asks trying to get rid of the awkward silence. They had been walking for a couple of minutes. Very long uncomfortable minutes.

"Finally you talk!" Minseok gave the blonde man a confused look.

"Yeah, I have been trying to get a conversation out of you all day. During lunch it was just Yixing talking most of the time."
"Oh... It’s just I don’t really know what to say." Luhan chuckles.
"I can tell. Well to answer your question I am a vocal performance major with a minor in music therapy."
"That’s interesting." Luhan nods
"Music theory is boring but I don’t think I can ever sit in any of your classes."
"It’s not that bad. I don’t have to take any harder classes until my second year."
"Like you are doing business also how hard can it get?" Minseok shrugs.
"I'll let you know when I get there."

 

"MINSEOK HYUNG!" Minseok looks to see Kyungsoo not too far from them waving.

"Kyungsoo!" Waving to the younger. Kyungsoo quickly goes and gives his hyung a hug.
"Hyung how are you? How was your first day?"
"I'm fine and it was okay." Kyungsoo then notices the man next Minseok.
"Hyung is he your roommate?"
"Ah no, this is Luhan. Luhan this is my friend Kyungsoo."
"It’s nice to meet you."
"Luhan is showing me around since my roommate is in dance practice. I think my roommate might be in the same class as Jongin."

"Really! Then let's go to your room hyung. I’m so bored”
"Sure. But I really don’t remember how to get there..." Minseok looks at Luhan with help written all over his face.
"Remember the statue."
"Ahhh right the statue."
"You are just going to walk straight from here and you will see the statue."
"Thanks Luhan."
"No problem. I'll see you soon Minseok. Hand me your phone.” Minseok a little cautious but handed him his phone. “Just call me if you get lost. Okay.” Luhan saved him number handing Minseok his phone back.
“I will. Thank you again.”

“No problem.” Luhan waved the two off.

"I hope we really don’t get lost."

"Like that guy said look for that statue."

~*~

"Ahh a bed.... today was such a long day." Flopping into his bed Minseok happily stretched. This bed wasn’t as comfortable as the one of home but a bed is a bed to him.

"Minnie hyung it was just the first day." Kyungsoo said sitting next to his hyung.

"Didn’t really feel like it. I already have so many homework assignments that are going to be due by next week adding there are projects that are also due in a few weeks."

"I feel you hyung, I already have a major painting project that will be due next month." Both just sighed.

"But even with that hyung you have to make sure that you are free this weekend."
"Why?"
"Remember the party I said I was planning I have already made plans and everything."
"Already?"
"I have my ways hyung. But yeah make sure you make no plans."
"Are you sure Soo?"
"Oh don’t worry about it hyung."
"Alrighty if you are sure."
"You can invite your roommate also hyung! The more people the better. Also, he can invite people." Minseok nodded.

"So hyung what do you want to do?"

"Well I would like to get something to eat but I am not really sure where everything is. I do have a few snacks in my bag if you want them." Kyungsoo nodded and Minseok when straight to the bag taking out a granola bar.

"Wait, I think I have something." Minseok went into the closet he and Yixing shared. Minseok pulled out one of his suitcases.

"I remembered something. I made sure I had a full separate suitcase for this." Minseok opened his bag to Kyungsoo and it is making Kyungsoo mouth water. Minseok brought a suitcase full of different types of ramen, instant tteokbokki, instant jajangmyeon, and a few different types of curry.

"I don’t really like instant foods. But I wasn’t sure if I was going to get my own mini fridge I just brought these."
"Hyung this is exactly what I needed! Now all we need to do if find hot water."
"Hmmm... I am not really sure... Wait I think our advisor has a coffee machine in his office."
"Hyung let’s go! Let’s go!"

Both of them got a packet of ramen and went to find that coffee maker. Minseok remembered Zhoumi's office was in the first floor. Once they found his office he knocked just in case. Not hearing any response tho went in.

"Zhoumi? Are you here."

"I am here! Just a second." When Zhoumi came, he had hair going all over the place. His face a little swollen. It does look as if he was just woken up from a nap.

"Zhoumi, I am sorry if I woke you."
"No, no I woke up not too long ago. Ahh I forgot you name"
"Xiumin."
"Right, Right! I am sorry, is everything going good. Is your roommate helping you out?"

"Yes everything is good. I actually wanted to ask you for a favor."
"Yeah sure shoot."
"By any chance do you have a coffee machine we can borrow."
"Yeah, I do. Do you guys want some coffee." 
Hearing what Zhoumi said Minseok was tempted to get some coffee. He has been coffee deprived for the past couple of days. Since he was busy with his arrival he hasn’t had his morning coffee and is starting to feel the effects. Kyungsoo noticing his hyung wondering off he then nudged Minseok.

"Actually we just wanted to boil some water." Zhoumi gave them a confused look "We want to make some ramen I brought from home. If that’s okay with you."

"Ohhh of course go ahead, I actually have to head out to do a few things. If you guys ever need to use the coffee machine by all means use it."

"Thank you Zhoumi." Zhoumi smiled and pointed out where the machine was and excused himself.

"Soo I would really love some coffee right now." Kyungsoo laughed, he forgot about his hyung's addiction to coffee.

"I think I brought some instant."
"Hyung how about when Jongin gets out of class we go buy some coffee. Did you even have your morning coffee."

"No sadly."

"Then yes we will have to get you some coffee."

"Let's just save some water. I am pretty sure I have instant coffee." Kyungsoo just nodded.

~*~

"Oh how I needed this." Minseok said taking a sip of his coffee.

"Hyung you should have just become a barista instead."

"Mmmm, I should have." After he drank his coffee he ended up giving his ramen to Kyungsoo since he wasn’t really hungry since he now has his hot cup of coffee. Instant coffee but still coffee.

*ring, ring, ring 
"Hyung is that your phone?" Minseok touched his side pocket shaking his head.
"I think it's your's Soo." 

"It's Jong. Jongie!! Are you finally finished with dance practice? I am at Minnie hyung’s room if you want to come." Minseok watching ove continued drinking his delicious coffee.

“Minnie hyung what is your roommate’s name by the way?”

“Yixing.”

“Hyung said his name is Yixing.,,, Oh okay I’ll see you here!”

“Jongin is coming here?” Kyungsoo nodded.

“You were right hyung Jong is in the same class as your roommate. So they are both on their way here.”
“Soo hide the ramen. I need this to last through the semester. This will be our little secret.”

~*~

A few days later.

It is a Friday afternoon. Minseok was heading back to his dorm. The past few days the only thing Minseok was doing is learning his way around, well at least the most important parts. Like the dining hall for example. He made sure he knew where it was. He couldn’t go without his morning coffee. Also random visits from Kyungsoo in the afternoon since he wanted his instant food.

Minseok sighed as he entered his dorm room. Why did Soo decide to throw a party.... couldn’t he have wait a few weeks at least. I have so much to do.

Minseok had been warned in his classes he had quizzes on Monday. All he really wanted was to stay and study. But sadly, he needed to get ready.

Hmmm it's only 3 I don’t really have to get ready until 6. Maybe I should video chat with mom. Minseok quickly sent his brother a message telling him to get the family together to try out video chatting. Once he got the okay from his brother Minseok quickly went to his room.

After setting up his laptop a call finally came though.

"HYUNG!" Minseok for the first time all week he felt at ease just seeing his brother. "Hyung you can hear me right?"

"Yes! Can you hear me?"

"Yes! Mom come! I was able to connect with Minseok hyung!" In an instant mother Heechul appeared with his apron on.

"MINSEOKIE MY BABY! ARE YOU OKAY? HOW ARE YOU FEELING? HAVE YOU EATEN? ARE YOU EATING RIGHT? EVERYONE IS BEING NICE TO YOU?" Minseok smiled at the sight of his mother. Even though it has only been a week since he had seen his family it felt like forever.

"Yes I am fine. Everything's going okay. I should be asking you those questions. How are you mom? It looks like you were cooking."

"Oh don’t worry about me Minnie. I am fine. I just finished." Minseok smiled.

"And Geng pops how is he?"

"He should be home soon. He just went to pick up the rest of his things." Minseok raised an eyebrow at his brother.

"Geng hyung moved in?"

"Mom was going to tell you when you called a few days ago but forgot."

"That’s great! MOm now you won’t be so lonely."

"Yah! Who said I was lonely!"

"I did!"

"Oh shut it Han!"

"Geng appa come! Minseok hyung is on video!" Minseok waved as Hangeng came into vision

"Min! It's so good to actually see you instead of just talking on the phone."

"It's nice to see you too Geng hyung. I heard the news! Welcome home! It is about time you moved in."

"Haha, it took me a long time to convince him. Thanks to Junnie I could move in."

"Hyung mom has been so down and having Geng appa around made it less gloomy so I made sure that Geng appa stayed. For good."

"Yah! Kim Heejun!" Minseok felt a little sad. He really did like to see him mother upset. Let alone it begin because of him. "Minne it's okay I am going to be fine! You focus on your studies." All he did was nod still feeling a little guilty.

"Hyung have you gone out yet? New country, new night life!"

"It has only been a week. I can at least go to my classes the dining hall and my dorm without getting lost."

"Ayyy hyung you should go out more. You haven’t explored your campus."

"I can go my library." Heejun shook his head in disapproval.

"Hyung are you going out this weekend? I know your friends are there. Why don’t you all go out!"

"Your brother is right Min. Go at least out to town and see the nightlife. Beijing has so many fun things to do." Hangeng added.

"If my Minnie doesn’t want to go out then let him be. It has only been a week since he got there and trying to get used to things there first."

"Cinder it's just a thought relax hmm" Hangeng said rubbing Heechul's back making Minseok smile.

"My friend is having a small house warming party so don’t worry about me not getting out."

"When hyung???"

"Later today, he has been planning it when we were still back home."

"Then hyung what are you doing talking to us! You should be getting ready!"

"I don’t have to get ready until later it is only like 4. And also, I promised to video chat with you all." Heejun have his older brother a look making Minseok annoyed.

"Hyung this is your first party. You never went out when you became of age."

"It's fine I don’t have to get ready for another few hours." Once again Heejun shook his head wiggling his finger ..

"Go, go, go hyung you can all us on Sunday. That's why Sundays exist."

"But-

"Mom say bye, appa you too.

"But wai-"

"Bye Minnie!" Geng said.

"I'll talk to you on Sunday sweetie" Heechul said waving goodbye. They all waved goodbye and with that the call ended. Minseok confused staring at his blank screen. He closed his laptop sighing.

They didn’t even let me say goodbye. I haven’t seen their face in a week and they just hang up like this. Rude... Minseok a little angry sighed. But went to take a shower.

 

~*~

 

Doing the final touches to his hair Minseok was all ready.

“Minseok are you ready?” Yixing asked.

“Hmm. ” Minseok replied to see a very well dressed Yixing.

“Look at you.” Minseok said while Yixing did a quick spin for Minseok. Yixing was wearing  black leather ripped pants with a loose white button up shirt. His sleeves rolled up. His hair was also nicely styled back.

Why thank you. I may say you look good yourself.”

“Well you did choose it.” Minseok said laughing. Minseok wasn’t one to get so dressed up. Minseok was wearing white skinny jeans with a navy blue v-neck shirt and vest. Vest courtesy of Mr. Zhang Yixing. Minseok was originally was going to wear his regular jeans and his favorite oversized wool sweater. Yixing saw and immediately went to Minseok’s dresser pulling out some clothes. Told Minseok to get dressed, he saw something missing. Yixing went to his dresser took out one of his vests put it on Minseok. And Ta-Da! A new looking Minseok. And also fixing a little bit of Minseok's hair.
“It's just a house welcoming Xing.” Yixing shook his finger.
“Do you have any idea how many people are going to be at this you call house welcoming.”
“We just arrived here how many people can there really be.”

“You shall see my friend.”

~*~

Junmyeon and Kris were the ones that picked Yixing and Minseok.

“Long time no see Jun.”

“Min I am sorry. I have been a bit busy adjusting back.” Minseok rolled his eyes a little annoyed. He knew this would happen. Since the say he arrived Junmyeon hadn't even some to say hi. They went to the same school but didn't hear anything from his old friend.

“Yeah, sure Jun. Jun this is my roommate Yixing.”

“Yixing nice to see you again. I didn’t know that Minseok’s you're roommate.”

“It's been a while, no wonder our Kris here has been so happy. Kris is my childhood friend. When I heard his baby momma is coming I knew I wasn’t going to see him that often.” Minseok nodded in agreement.

“I had the same thoughts too.”

“YA! You do realize I also have classes!” Junmyeon huffed. He felt so wronged. How can his best friend accuse him like this.

“So do I Jun but maybe a text or call would have been nice from my friend that kind of dragged me here against my will.” Yixing gave Minseok a confused look.

“I’ll tell you the story later.” Yixing nodded.

“Well then. Now everyone into the car.” Kris nudged Junmyeon, he didn’t really want to see the two getting into an argument.

~*~

“Hey Minseok, you think you can call Kyungsoo, it looks like there isn’t any parking.” Kris asked. They have been trying to find parking for the last 10 minutes. They thought they arrived early to find a good parking.

“Soo we arrived but we can't find parking.

Hyung! There is parking garage a few blocks down, Just tell the security you are part of the Kim family and they will let you inside no problem.”

Alright Soo we will be there in a few. Soo said there is a parking garage a few blocks down that we just need to tell the guard we are part of the Kim family and they will lets us in.” With Kyungsoo’s directions they finally made it.

 

“Finally you guys made it! I was wondering where you guys were!” Kyungsoo was already outside when the group got to the apartment complex. 

“Sorry we are late Soo. Here I bought you a small gift.” Minseok handed him a small bag.

“Awwww hyung thank you! You didn’t have too!” Kyungsoo said giving Minseok a hug. Yixing also handed him a small gift.

“Thank you Yixing.”

“You're welcome. Minseok helped me pick it out. I hope you and Kai like it.” Junmyeon also gave him a gift.

“I am sorry Kyungsoo for being out of contact. I hope you like it.”

“Don’t worry hyung, you must have been busy. Here let's go in Jong also has been waiting for you guys.”

Kyungsoo led the group inside the apartment complex. Kyungsoo and Jongin’s apartment was in the heart of Beijing. One thing Kyungsoo didn’t say was that they lived in one of Beijing's most luxurious apartment complexes but also adding it was a penthouse.

Once the group got off the elevator they could already hear the bumping music. Kyungsoo led them inside.

“Welcome to my home!” The place looked huge. There were already so many people in dancing, drinking in what seemed to be a living room. It was transformed into a flashy night club. Loud music, flashing lights.

“I am going to find Jong! Explore! Have fun!” Kyungsoo yelled.

“You don’t have to tell me twice!” Yixing was the first to go heading into dancing crowd. Kris said something to Junmyeon taking him into the dancing crowd.

In a flash Minseok was left at the door. He laughed. He knew something like this would happen. So he made his way around the massive crowed. Kyungsoo did say he could explore. Before he was able to make his way around the crowd he felt someone pulling him. Yixing was leading him towards the dancing crowd.

“Min come let's dance for a bit!” Minseok wasn’t really much of a dancer so he tried to get out of Yixing's grasp.

“It's okay Xing! I am actually thirsty!”

“You can drink later! Come lets have some fun!” Yixing took him into the smack center. Yixing began dancing to the music. Minseok impressed at the mans dancing skills. Well he was a dance major for a reason. Minseok slowly started feeling the beat of the music. Trying not to bump into people, which was highly impossible.

Minseok didn’t mind as much. He did tried to stay close to Yixing. He saw some girls and guys trying to get a second with Yixing. Minseok saw some girls trying to be little extra. Trying to be all seductive to poor Yixing. They guys weren’t any different. Some guys got a hold of Yixing's waist bring him closer to them. It would be funny to see how Yixing would take them off. From time to time the two also saw Junmyeon and Kris from the distance being all lovey dovey and gross.

Minseok was having a good time, but he felt someone’s hands go down his back going down to get a hold of is waist. He felt the mystery person body trying to pull Minseok closer. Minseok thinking quickly he pushed the hands away from his waist and tried to get out of the crowed.

Shaking off that uncomfortable moment noticing he has lost Yixing. Minseok decided to go outside it was getting too hot and crowded. It was also the perfect time to explore the place. Maybe there was a balcony somewhere.

And yes there was. Minseok had found it. Passed the enormous kitchen. When Minseok saw the huge kitchen he knew Kyungsoo was living the dream. Minseok saw there weren't any people out in the balcony. The moment he stepped out he saw a beautiful view one wishes to see. The sun was setting and light from it illuminating the view of Beijing was breathtaking. Minseok quickly took out his phone to take a picture of this amazing view. Note to self send it to Heejun he is going to love it. Minseok saw a few chairs and took a seat to admire the scenery.

“Hey Minseok!” Minseok slightly annoyed looked to see who interrupted his nice quiet time.

"Luhan."

"Minseok! Long time no see." Luhan smiled at Minseok. Walked up to him and sat in the chair next to him.

"It's only been a few days.” Minseok said. Well he hasn’t seen the blonde since his so called tour.

"Still. It's been a while. You want something to drink? I'll get you a beer if you want." Minseok shook his head

"No thanks I don’t really like drinking."

"You have got to be the first person I know who doesn’t like drinking." Minseok laughs.

"Well what can say. I find no point in it. There is no way I would want to wake up the next morning just to be puking my guts out."

"You do have point there. Oh and you look good by the way.” Luhan said.

“Thanks Yixing picked it out.”

“He does have good fashion taste unlike me.”

“Hey you look good also.”

“Really you think?” Luhan said. Minseok nodded.

“It took me a while to pick this out. I hadn’t done my laundry in a while.” That made Minseok laugh.

“So why are you out here.” Luhan asked.

“I should ask you the same.”

“Well I came to look for a bathroom and saw you. It had been a while so I wanted to say hi.”

“Ahhh, well I am not really much of a party person. I wanted to get some fresh air and ended up here. Did you ever find the bathroom?” Luhan nodded.

“Just down the hall. Kai told also said there was another on the second floor.”

“They have a second floor. I really want to see this apartment.”

“Well Kai told me to explore if I wanted to.”

“Soo told me the same thing….”

“Come on let's explore.” Luhan motioned Minseok and Minseok followed. They must have been out there for awhile it looked like more people had arrived. There were even people dancing in the kitchen.

"LuLu heyyyyy!" Right then a drunk Yixing came bumping into Luhan

"Xing are you alright?"

"Oh course! W W *hick* Why Wouldn't I beeeee. Min heyyyyyy w- wherre hab you beeeen. I I I thought I looost chu."

"See what I mean." Luhan laughs. Remembering the conversation they just had about alcohol.

"Xing are you sure you are okay."

"Neba beta! Now dat I know Mmin ishnt missing les go parttyyyy" Yixing with his beer in his hand went back to the mass of people. Making Luhan and Minseok laugh.

 

Hours later

 

"Hey Luhan thanks for helping me to bring Yixing back." Minseok and Luhan were trying to bring a wasted Yixing back the dorm room. After they found a drunk Yixing they just followed him around making sure he didn’t hurt himself. They talked and dance a little.

There was a dance battle between Yixing and Jongin. Jongin had finally shown to say hello to Minseok. He and Kyungsoo we a bit busy with guests. Kyungsoo may have forced Minseok into some y dancing which he completely got embarrassed. Luhan being the one to pull him out of it. Minseok had lost Kris and Junmyeon. Jongin said he saw the pair leaving in a rush. Minseok already knew why. Luhan had brought his own car to the party so he took Minseok and Yixing back to the dorm.

 

"No worries Min. This is a normal thing for me. My sister would always hit Xing whenever he got drunk." Minseok began to laugh. He remembered the time when mother Heechul got drunk and Jungsu would hit him for passing out in the living room.

"Hey I made you laugh!"

"It's just I remembered something that’s all. What are you trying to keep a personal score?"

"Nah, it's just you have a nice smile. You are always so serious. Did your sister hit you also??" Minseok may have slightly blushed. Just a maybe.

"I don’t drink remember. Well I was thinking back on how my mom would do that also."

"Your mom?" Minseok nodded.

"I remember my mom’s best friend used to hit him whenever he came home drunk. After my mom was able to drink he took that to his advantage and every weekend loved to go out for a drink but always went over his limit and well his best friend would always hit him knowing me and my brother were home alone." Luhan kind of looked at him in confusion.

"What?" Luhan scratched his neck

"Well you said him... your mother is a man?" Minseok chuckled realizing about Heechul umma.

"My mother is biologically my brother but he has been taking care of me since I was born so I have always called him my mom. He never had that brother feeling it has always been he is my mom."

"Ahh makes sense, I don’t have a brother but my sister sometimes feels like my mom too."

"Really?"

"Hmm. We moved around a lot when our parents got a divorce and both of our parents work so it was just me and my sister most of the time."

"Going house to house must have been stressful."

"Yeah, I didn’t really like flying so much but I had no other choice."

"You flew?"

"My mom lived in Korea and my father in China.”

“No wonder your Korean is fluent.” Luhan laughed

“Spending all summers in Korea well I had to be fluent.”

“So you're half Korean then.”

“Well not really, my mom was originally born in China but was adopted by a Korean family so She grew up in Korea. But when she met my dad they both got married and moved to China.”

“Ahh I see. Did you stay with your mom.”

“I stayed with my dad. My mom moved back to Korea after and since we didn’t know any Korean we just stayed in china. During the summer we would visit mom or any special holiday. What about your parents.”

“I don’t like to talk about them much.”

“I am sorry, I didn’t mean to bring anything up.”

“No, no is alright.” Luhan noticed it was late and didn’t feel like driving back home this late.

“Do you think I can crash with you guys tonight.”

“Sure if you would like too.” Luhan nodded. Minseok went into the closet to find some pillows and blankets and handed them to Luhan.

“Thanks. I am going to take some clothes from Xing.”

“If you want to wash up the bathroom is at the end of the hallway.” Minseok also handed him a small towel. Luhan “borrowed” some sweatpants and a tshirt from Yixing.

 

Luhan came back to see Minseok had fallen asleep. Hmmm he falls asleep pretty fast. He must have been tired. Luhan found himself studying Minseok’s sleeping state.

His cheeks look so squishy… He looks so much like a bun. So cute!

Luhan mentally laughed at himself. He set up the blankets he was given made himself comfortable letting sleep take over.

~*~

Sunday morning, sunshine coming through making the heavy sleeper Minseok groan.

“It's too early for thisss” Minseok rubbed his eyes. Slightly opening them only to close them. He pulled his blanket over his head turned to his side and tried to go back to sleep.

Trying to go back to sleep Minseok felt all stuffy and hot underneath that blanket. Minseok threw the blanket and huffed. It is way too early. It Is Sunday it's too early.

Minseok looked at the clock on is night stand. It was 11 in the morning. Maybe it wasn’t that early. Minseok stretched his arms. Time to wash up at least.

Getting out of bed Minseok seemed to forget a certain someone was sleeping over. Minseok stepped on something hard making him trip falling onto the floor. A groan came from the sleeping man.

“Ughhh owwww” Minseok quickly got up to realize Luhan was on the one he stepped on. The blonde man sat up rubbing his eyes in confusion.

“I’m sorry Luhan, go back to sleep.” Minseok said in a hushed tone. Luhan looked up nodding his head.

“Don’t worry. What time is it.”

“It's passed 11.”

“It is time to wake up anyway.” Luhan stretched getting out those kinks from sleeping on the floor.

“I am going to wash up I’ll be back.”

 

 

 

"We should get some coffee. It's already past breakfast” After both had washed up Luhan and Miseok where just tidying up there room. Minseok happy about the coffee offer didn’t need to be told twice. “I know those this cute café off campus. My treat.” Minseok happily agreed. Put on a sweater and ready to go.

“We can just leave Yixing sleeping here. He can handle his hangover by himself.” Minseok said practically pushing Luhan out of the room.

“You seem in a rush.” Luhan jokingly said.

“I can never say no to coffee.” Luhan laughed.

“I guess we have something in common.”

The two headed out with only one thing in mind coffee. Like Luhan said the café wasn’t far at all it was a good five minute walk.

“You can order whatever you want. Like I said it is my treat.”

“Well if you say so. Good morning.”

“Good morning what would you like to order.”

“Can I get a double espresso with a splash of vanilla.”

“Coming right up.” Minseok nudged Luhan so he can order

Ah and a extra sweet ice coffee please.”

“Will that be all.” Luhan nodded and paid for their drinks.

After they got their drinks they headed back to the dorms to make sure Yixing wasn’t dead.

“You seem to like strong coffee.” Luhan was trying to come up with some small talk. Minseok he was really quiet. 

“Hmm.”

“Have you always liked coffee? My mother was the one that started to get me addicted to coffee.”

“Really?”

“Hmm. As a child I used to see my mom every morning making a new pot of coffee. I was always curious about the taste but my sister never let me ask for a drink. Because she said that coffee is made for adults and we kids can't drink any. Then one day my sister went to a sleepover and I asked my mother if I can have a sip of her coffee.” Luhan smiled at the memory. It was one of his best memories he had with his mother. “She told me to keep this a secret from my sister since she knew the stuff my sister will say to me. After that I got a new love for coffee. My mom always woke me up before my sister so we can have our so called morning coffee. She never made my coffee so strong knowing I was only kid. Its one of the best memories I have with my mother. Drinking our morning coffee.” Minseok noticed something different about Luhan. The few times he was with him he was very energetic. As he noticed how he was talking about his mother he saw Luhan a bit sad.

“Are things not that good between you and you mom. If you don't mind me asking.”

“Yeah its fine. Well you can say that. After she got remarried she said she was too busy. I stopped drinking coffee afterwards since my sister had found out. It wasn’t until I was in my final year of high school that I had to depend on coffee in order to survive.”

“I see, I’m sorry if I brought up some bad moments.” Luhan smiled.

“It's fine. Its nice having someone to talk to. And you how did you get your love for coffee.”

“Ahh well, a few years ago I used to work at a café and my boss was the head barista. All I did was take the orders and bring them to the customers. I ended up wanting to know more. He started to give me so many types of coffee. How to differ the coffee beans. I was fascinated by all of it. I guess that is how I got my coffee obsession. After I stopped working there I self taught myself whenever I had free time. Now my mom can only drink my coffee.”

“Can I ask you something.”

“Shoot.”

“If you enjoyed making coffee. Why are you a business major? You could have been a barista instead.”

“Well….” Minseok thought back when he was young teen. He saw how hard Heechul was working just trying to put them ahead. He saw all the suffering Heechul was going through. Is was then he decided that he wanted to be someone important in life. So that his family could live a comfortable life. “Well, life gets a person thinking. I made choice and I am sticking to it. I made a promise to myself.”

“Can I ask what this promise is.” Minseok thought about it. He never told anyone why he made the choices he did. Not even Junmyeon. He just always told everyone it was something he liked to learn about.

“It’s not really a big deal.” Luhan stopped walking making Minseok confused.

“How it isn’t a big deal. I can tell it means something to you. While we were waiting for our coffee I saw how you looked at the barista with fascination. You can tell. I promise I will never tell another soul.” Minseok just gave Luhan a weird look. “What?”

“Why do you want to know so much.”

“Well, well. I am your friend right?” Minseok pondered for a bit. He really hasn’t had many conversations much with the blonde.

“I guess.”

“What we can't be friends? That hurts.” Luhan faked being hurt placing his hand over his chest. Making Minseok laugh.

“Don’t be so over dramatic. Of course we can be friends.” Hearing that made Luhan smile brightly.

“Now as your friend I think I can know why you have given up doing what you seem to love to do.” Minseok wanted to switch things around and thought of something.

“Are you doing what you love?”

“Don’t try to turn this around but to answer your question of course. I always loved to sing. I always loved performing. It was well still is one of my stress relievers. But I never wanted to become a celebrity. I didn’t find any interest in the lifestyle. So I wanted to help people. I did some research and found I could make people who are sick find some comfort in music. I immediately got interested and here I am. Even if my dad and sister didn’t like the idea I still continued. I always say you only have one life to live. Why not live it the way you want too.” Minseok saw Luhan in a different color. He always just thought of Luhan as his roommates relative who helped him get around a few times. But sees someone new.

“Now will you tell me why aren’t you a barista.” Minseok sighed.

“You really want to know don’t you.” Luhan nodded. Minseok took a deep breath. “Well back then. Things were tough. My family wasn’t really stable and I made a decision. I will work hard so my family doesn’t suffer anymore.” Minseok felt a little open. He couldn't really describe it. He felt a hand in his shoulder. Luhan gave him a comforting pat.

“It must have been hard then. Having to give up what you enjoyed to do. I can tell it's making you uncomfortable. We don’t have to talk more about this if you don’t want to. I just want to get close to you. Be a friend you can rely on.” Minseok smiled.

 

“Thanks Luhan, I think you're already a better friend than my supposed best friend.” Luhan laughed.

“I have that capability.”

“Hey as long as you don’t leave me stranded somewhere you are best.” Luhan but his hand over his heart with his other hand in the air.

“I Luhan promise you Minseok I will not ever leave you stranded.” Minseok laughed at his antic.

“I am going to hold you accountable if you ever do!” The two laughed and before they knew it they arrived back.

“I think it is a good time to check on Xing. We need to make sure he isn’t dead.”

“I think he is fine, this isn’t the first time he does this. I bet if he is awake he is saying he will never drink like that ever again for the rest of his life. He has that habit. But just wait for the next party it is a story that just repeats itself.”

“As long as he doesn’t puke all over the room we are good.”

 

~*~

 

Weeks have gone by it was now mid semester. Minseok has grow custom to the new country and is enjoying it. His classes weren't as difficult as he thought when he first arrived. After spending time with Luhan the day after the party the pair surprisingly got incredibly close. Well one of the reason may be since Minseok also saw a different version of his roommate. He and Luhan had to nurse the hangover Yixing. Only to have the same event happen a few weeks later when Yixing was invited to go clubbing. Minseok had warned Yixing he wasn't going to nurse him if he came back drunk but alas Yixing did and Minseok spent the day with Luhan letting Yixing nurse himself back to health.

Luhan and Minseok ended up always together. They made a routine to have a morning coffee, every single day. Neither of them could function correctly without their morning coffee. During the week they had their coffee at the dining hall. On the weekends they would go to the cafe. One weekend Luhan would treat Minseok and the next week Minseok would treat Luhan.

 

The two learned so much about each other. Luhan would tell Minseok funny stories from when he was a kid. How once when Luhan was in Korea visiting his mother one summer and Luhan didn't even know any Korean at all, his mother has sent him down to a convenience store to get some ingredients for dinner. His mother explained she need some spinach, sesame seeds and chili powder. She showed him how to pronounce it in Korean. So little Luhan went off all confident practicing what his mother had told him.

So when one of the workers asked him what he was looking for Luhan said what he was told. The worker wasn't sure what he was asking and when the worker asked him again Luhan kept repeating. So little Luhan was beginning to get frustrated and started to speak in Chinese what he wanted. The worker was so dumbfounded and confused. He just told Luhan to leave with his alien language. But Luhan didn't give up he went back into the store and demanded the same worker to get him what he asked for.

Long story short the owner of store was half chinese and scolded his worker for being rude to a child. That was one of the reasons his mother sent him to that specific store since she knew the owner knew chinese. Little Luhan asked his mother why she made him speak in korean. It was a lesson for him so he could learn korean. Which worked since from then on Luhan began to learn Korean.

 

Minseok also told Luhan the disturbing story of his visit to China and why he came again as an exchange student. The only reason why he told him the story was one day Junmyeon decided he was finally free to call Minseok. The last time he saw his best friend was at school. One of Minseok’s classes merged with Junmyeon’s and throughout the entire class Junmyeon was trying to made amends with his best friend. For not spending time with him. Minseok of course couldn't get mad at him and they chatted for a while before getting called out by the professors.

 

But this time when Junmyeon called Minseok it been about two three weeks since Minseok heard anything from his friend. So when he got a random call he was suspicious. Minseok had suspected right. Junmyeon called Minseok since he was had a fight with Kris and wanted to go home. Telling him he was going to take the first plane back to Seoul.

Minseok had to give a long lecture to Junmyeon. Stating how much of an idiot he was being and how he could just give up and leave him stranded again. Minseok ended up convincing Junmyeon to just relax. Junmyeon’s family had three hotels in Beijing to go to one of them if he really didn't want to see Kris. Which he didn't, Minseok already imagined why.

Luhan had begun asking questions which turned into telling the story. Also of how when Heechul had found out. Heechul wanted to kill Junmyeon.

 

Luhan also was getting to know Minseok’s family little by little. Luhan would even sometimes join Minseok when he video chatted with his family. Everyone was glad their Minseok was able to make a close friend. Heechul especially. He found something interesting about the blonde one. He said to Minseok once Luhan is a special one. He didn't know why but his motherly instinct is never wrong.

If the pair felt lazy they either watched soccer games, or watched movies all day. Since Yixing was always busy with dance practice Yixing wasn't around as much. Making it another reason why the to got close. Kyungsoo often joined the pair for movies adding Jongin also had dance practice.

Sometimes Luhan would talk Minseok into watching movies or games with him to avoid studying. Minseok would get very, very annoyed. Minseok always had some type of surprise quiz in his classes.

And today was one of those days.
Its is a Monday afternoon Luhan went to see Minseok after his last class. The only thing Minseok had in mind was going to the library to get some work done.

 

“Minnie, Minnie, Minnie,”

“Hmm.”

“Come over my house today. I know you are good at math can you help me with one of my assignments.”

“I am not sure I can today. I have a major test tomorrow morning. I still need to study a few things.”

“Awww come on Minnie you know this inside and out. Just help me for a little while hmm. Hey you can even stay over at my place for the night and I will bring you back in the morning. Please.” Luhan threw those deer eyes to Minseok and he couldn't resist. Luhan had a bad habit of playing those big doe eyes on Minseok. 

“Fine but you are going to get up early to take me to class.”

“Deal!

~*~

"Minseok lets go to the park." Minseok annoyed looked up from his text book.

"Are you serious, its like 10."

"You over exaggerator its 9."

"Wow one hour difference." Luhan whined trying to pull Minseok’s book away.

"Aww come on baozi~~~" Minseok took his notebook and hit Luhan on his head

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me a bun!" Quick fact. After the two had dinner one night Luhan had begun calling Minseok a baozi and Minseok wasn't having it. He always hit Luhan whenever he called him a bun.

"I can't help it you are just so adorable. I just want to pinch your cheeks!" Minseok just shook his head and when back to his textbook.

"I thought you wanted to study." Minseok said in between of writing some notes.

"We have been at it for like 3 hours we need a break. The park is only like 5 minutes away."

"Luhan it's dark." Minseok replied.

"Come on Minnie we need a break. Hmmm~~ come on the fresh air will be good for you." Minseok just sighed. Luhan was giving him those big deer eyes again and he can't really do anything about it.

"Alright fine. But you are buying the next coffee run."

"Deal!" Minseok just laughed. Free coffee why not.

 

As Luhan said the park was only a few minutes away. Of course it was empty knowing it is late at night.

"Come, there is a big fountain that is always lit at night." Luhan said taking Minseok away.

Luhan pointed to Minseok as the fountain was in close view. Minseok was in awe, Luhan was right it is beautiful.

"Now I see why you wanted to show me this. It is calming." Luhan smiled.

“I knew you would like it. You needed to get away from those books for a while. You have been studying too much lately.” Minseok pushing Luhan aside hearing his remark. Minseok only studied so much because Luhan was always distracted him when he tried to study.

Luhan playing hurt saw a bench close by.

“Hey let's go sit over there.” Luhan said led the slightly annoyed Minseok.

The two sat down watching the fountain changing colors. It quiet for a while. Quiet moments like this one weren't awkward for them anymore. Luhan learned Minseok liked these types of moments. Sometimes they would go on walks and it would stay silents at times. Which Minseok was glad for. He cared for Luhan but sometimes when the blonde would talk to much it would agitate him.

But today Luhan had something he needs to get off his chest.

"Hey Minseok can I ask you something?" Luhan asked taking a small pause. Making Minseok curious. "What do you think of me?" Minseok gave him a confused look.

"What do you mean." Luhan took a deep breath

"Well, like what do think of me. What type of person am I?" Minseok pondered for a while.

"Well, to me you are a very nice person. And...." Minseok paused for a moment. "And you are someone I can trust" Luhan smiled knowing getting Minseok's trust was something hard.

"Minseok." Luhan gently held Minseok's hand. "There is something I have been meaning to tell you but I wasn't sure if i could. But now I think I can." Luhan stood up and kneeled down in front of him. He held both of Minseok's hands. Minseok looked confused and nervous. His heart began to beat faster he wasn't sure why. Minseok was used to Luhan’s shinship. It was just something Luhan did, but this time it feels different. The way Luhan looked deep into his eyes. Is not what was normal.

"Minseok from the moment I saw you in the diner something moved inside of me. Something I wasn't sure of. I was so confused. All I wanted to do is make you smile. I wanted to make you laugh. I wasn't sure why. But the more time we spent together, the more I got the honor to know about you I figured out what it was." Luhan paused, brought his hand to cup Minseok's face. "Kim Minseok I don't know if your heart will feel the same for me but I have to say this to you. Even if this jeopardizes our friendship I have to tell you this. I can't wait any longer. Kim Minseok I am falling in love with you. Do you think you can give me a chance?" Minseok just stared at him not knowing what to say.

"Please say something.." Luhan looked into him pleading, hoping for his answer.

"I... I.... I don't know what to say..."

"Well maybe this can help." Luhan shortened the distance between them while taking one last look into Minseok's eyes. He captured Minseok's soft lips onto his own, pouring his heart out. Minseok frozen from shock before the feeling of righteousness consume him. Unknowingly Minseok closed his eyes, and wrapped his arms around Luhan. Luhan tightened the embrace and kiss.

Luhan softly parted and looked into Minseok's eyes. "So is that a yes?" Minseok blushed but nodded. Luhan stood up and brought him into a tight embrace.

"Kim Minseok is finally mine!"