Chapter 1

Can We Have This Baby? (Xiuhan Edition) [Editing]

~Spring 2013~ 

[Minseok P.O.V]

"Oh my baby is going off to collage!" 
"Mom don't cry. It's an honor that hyung is the first in our family to go off to college." 
"He is right mom. Also I am going to see you everyday. I am not going to live on campus." 
"I know, I know but my Seokie is all grown up now. I remember when you were born and look at you now a grown man going off to college. I am just really proud of my baby." I smile and hug my crying mother. I do understand why he is feeling this way. After everything he went through he deserves to be this happy.

As long as I can remember I have been under the care of my mom Heechul. Well he isn't really my biological mother. He is actually my older brother, but I have always seen him as a mother figure. I also have a younger brother, Heejun just a few years younger than I.

Growing up let's just say it wasn't as great as it could have been. I don't have many memories of my actual parents. I was really young when the left. Hee mom was only 18 I was just a kid and Heejun was a baby.

I remember Hee mom would work two jobs just to make ends meet. There were also times we wouldn't have any place to stay. Seeing how much mom worked I would tell him that I would work hard in school so we could all live comfortably. And fast forward I am on my way there. I was able to to get a full scholarship to any college of my choice. I didn't want to bother my mom with tuition and all those endless fees. So here am I on my first day trying to calm my mother.

"Mom please stop crying." Heejun said rubbing his back.
"Oh I just can't help it." Next think I know mom is trapping me in a bear hug crying on my shoulder. Again. 

"Ma, he is going to be late for class." Reluctantly he let me go wiping his face. Aww It was so puffy. 
"Ma my class is going to start soon. I promise right after my last class I will head straight home okay." Mom nodded between sniffle. I smile and give him one more hug rubbing his back hoping it would be some comfort. I quickly waved them off and off I go. My first day.

~*~

After what I felt like forever. I finally find my class. I almost thought I entered the wrong building. Walking into class I notice there weren't as many people as I thought would be.

So many seats where should I sit...

"Min!" I look around looking for the voice calling me. Towards the back of the class I see a dark haired human waving.
"Jun!" My closest friend Junmyeon. It's a surprise to see him here. I see him motioning me over to him. 

I make my way over to him sitting in the seat next to him.
"Min how are you? How is Hee hyung and little Heejun? And how was your break?"
"They are doing good. I slept and worked. Same old same old. It took a while for my mom to finally let me go this morning."
"He was crying wasn't he?" I nod. He knew my Hee ma well.
"What did you do over break?" I ask.
"Well as always I went to China to visit Kris." Oh the one and only Kris. Jun has been dating him since they met in there first year of college. So it has been 2 years give or take. 

"How is Kris? It's been a while. Is he going to to be coming down here this year?"
"He is fine. I don't know. He said he has to ask his father, and that his mom doesn't want to let him go. Plus he isn't sure if he can stay here and the list goes on and on."
"Well you basically spent all last year up there. I think its his turn to come here."
"Right! I told him that. But still he always has an excuse. Whatever. He can do what he wants." I laugh. He always gets so worked up when it comes to Kris its funny to see.

~*~

Before I knew it I was already heading to my final class of the day. It turns out me and Jun had a two class together. Either he was taking a new course or he need to repeat a course. Most likely he need to retake a course.

In one of my extra class I meet this adorable couple. Jun and I ended up eating lunch with them. I was shocked when they told me they were a year younger than me. They said they got a early admission. These kids must be really smart. Jongin and Kyungsoo. They are a really cute pair. I could tell they don't do anything without each other. It's a really sweet site to see.

"Min!" I jump startled to see a a human in from of me.
"Jun! What is all of this popping out of no where. You almost made me drop my coffee!" I had a few minutes before my last class started. So I bought an ice Americano to pass the time. Now all I see is Jun who has an odd look on his face. What did he do know. 

"Jun what's wrong now?"
"I need to go to China and I want you to come with me." 
"Seriously." I roll my eyes. He came to see just because of that. I shake my head and continue drinking my coffee.
"Yes! It's urgent." 
"You came to me to tell me that." He nodded. Sometimes I wonder if he really is older than me.
"I was thinking we make Kris a surprise visit."
"You really are crazy Jun. But if you really want to go ahead. It's not the first time you do it."
"That's the thing. I know my parents won't let go again by myself. That's why I want you to come with me!" One again I roll my eyes.
"Do you expect me to just stop whatever I am doing. Pack my bags and just head off with you to China." 
"Yes. I have plan Seokie! We can study abroad!" I mentally face palmed myself.
"Kim Junmyeon if you haven't noticed I am freshman. Come on spell it out with me slowlyF-R-E-S-H-M-A-N."
"Don't you think I know that. Kris did it when he was a freshman. I asked the dean and she said only a hand full of freshman can study abroad but in their second semester." 
"I don't think so Jun."
"Why not!"
"Well first I have my family. I don't think my mom would want me to go. We have finally gotten stabilized. They need me right now. Plus you just want me to go accompany you and then you just throw me away so you can go on dates with Kris. You will probably abandoned me the moment we land."
"No I won't! I thought I was you friend."
"Junmyeon remember. You said that last time." Back when they both started dating Jun asked me if I would like to take a trip to China. At the time I knew he was dating Kris but I didn't know Kris lived in China. I thought it would be fun so I asked my mom for weeks and after pleading he finally said yes. 

So I was really excited and the moment we land in China Jun disappeared and almost abandoned me at the airport. I looked like a child who lost their parents. And that's not the end of it. I thought me and Jun were going to be staying at his resort since his parents have a resort in China but no we ended up staying at Kris's  place. And that's when I figured out Jun only came to China so he could spend time with Kris. 

It was the most boring week I have ever experienced. All I did was stay trapped in Kris's apartment. I swear if it wasn't for his dog Momo I would have died of boredom. 

And don't get me started on my sleepless nights.... oh god I lost my innocence that week. I was only sixteen at the time. No sixteen year old needs to witness what I did. I wouldn't even wish it upon my worst enemy. 

When I came back my mom said if I ate while I was there. I lied and told him I did. I couldn't even look at food. I slightly shiver thinking back. 

"Oh come on Seokie you are over exaggerating."
"Over exaggerating. I didn't eat for the entire week we were there. I am surprise nothing had happened to you yet. Be glad my mom never found out or he would have killed you." 
"But it will be a great opportunity if you go! Plus you will be staying in a dorm."
"I don't know. You know I don't like meeting new people. What if I get stuck with a slob."
"How about this. I will room with you! It will be just like when we were kids" 
"No way! You will probably bring Kris over. And unlike you. I like to sleep at night." 
"Come on Seokie! It will be fun!" 
"Fine.Let me think about." I saw Junmyeon jump up and down in joy.
"Don't take too long! I already admitted your name to the list!"
"WHAT!! KIM JUNMYEON!!!!!!" 

~*~

Once I was finally on the bus ride home I closed my eyes hoping this raging headache could go away.

Junmyeon I swear I can't handle him sometimes. I wasn't able to concentrate in class after that. How can he do that without my permission. I swear what if mama Hee finds out he is probably going to skin Junmyeon alive. 

I opened my eyes seeing how I am at my stop. I quickly thank the bus driver and get off. Taking a deep breath trying to relax my nerves. Ahh spring is really here.

"Hyung!" Look for the voice I see Heejun coming towards me.
"Where did you go." I noticed a few bags that he had in his hands. 
"Mom sent me to buy a few things for dinner. Hyung today is your day off right?" I nod 
"Good! Because I am actually helping cook so we can celebrate your first day!" I ruffle his hair.
"Here let me help you." I take a few bags from him. And we began walking. We are lucky where we live. The bus stop is not too far from the house which I am glad for.
"How was you first day hyung."
"Oh don't even remind me."
"What you don't like your classes. Well you are a business major." I shook my head.
"Junmyeon." 
"Oh that's right hyung goes to the same university as you. But he is your best friend. Shouldn't you be happy."
"It was nice at first until he had this brilliant idea." 
"What did he do this time." I take a deep breath again feeling the headache come back.
"I was just waiting around drinking my coffee since I had some time before my next class. Jun came to me saying wanted me to go to China with him again so he enlisted me to study abroad with him."
"But hyung you are a freshman."
"Its some special project for freshman and its for the second semester supposdly."
"Mmm...Mom is not going to like it. After last time you went to China."
"Don't even remind me. I wish I could burn those memories."
"If umma knew what really happened he would have killed Jun hyung." 
"I know. So no word of it. I want to forget that even happened."
"Got it hyung."

 

Our walk home actually calmed me down. Heejunie is such a special kid. He is like my energy booster. He has always been a energetic kid helping me out whenever I had a hard day.

Once we got home my umma was in the kitchen.
"Umma we are home!" 
"What took you so long!"
"I am back also umma!" I yell out taking of my shoes.
"Oh you are back Minnie!" 
"That's why I took long. I saw hyung. And we ended taking the long way home. It was a nice day so we decided why not take a walk." Heejun said as we got into the kitchen getting the groceries on the table.
"You guys took a walk without me." Quick fact about Hee mama. He loves to go on walks. Doesn't matter the season. He loves to take walks. Especially at night time. And don't get me started when its almost Christmas time. Even if its cold he would make us go take walks to see all the Christmas decorations. He just loves the views especially when there is also snow. Oh and when the first snow falls he would run and and we would take a walk. I love to look at snow but its just too cold. I love the spring time the best. When the cherry blossoms start to bloom. And the green grass comes back. Spring and Summer are my favorite. Heejun loves summer. He loves the beach. So he always goes with his friends to the beach.  

"Then after we eat dinner we could go out for a quick walk." I said.
"Oh that's right today is your day off! But don't you have homework sweetie."
"Not really. My professors said they will go easy on us since it is the first day."
"Well isn't that nice of them. Now both of you start helping me with dinner." 

For dinner mom made something simple, japchae, grilled meat, some rice and bean sprout soup. Heejun and me were setting the table as mom was washing up. We all like to eat dinner earlier than usual so we can go on short walks. 
"Ma! The table is ready come eat." Heejun called out. For some reason mom doesn't like smelling like food so he often goes to change his clothes before eating. Why I still don't really fully understand why.

Mom quickly came hearing dinner was set. Mom sat in the front of the table as always. I on his left side and Heejunnie on his right.

"So how was your first day Seokie." Mom asked. Oh boy relax Minseok.
"Um it was good. I made new friends."
"Really! That's great! What about Junmyeon. Did you see him at all today. I remember you told me that he also goes to your university."
"Oh right... um well yeah I saw him we even have a few classes together." I tried to sound as normal as I could. 
"Is something wrong Seokie?" I shook my head. "Minseok." Uh oh. "I know there is something wrong. The moment I mention Junmyeon you and Junnie tense up." I felt my brother softly kick me underneath the table.
"Kim Minseok. Kim Heejun. Tell. Me. Now."
"Well Jun asked me something but its not important."
"Seokie. If it wasn't important then why are you tense. It's ok. You can tell me anything."

~*~ 

"Mom!" Here we are trying to catch up to our raging mother. 
"Mom please stop!" I have no idea how he was able to run so fast. Thank goodness Heejun does track. He was able to catch up to him
"Umma- p-lease l-lets calm down a-and we w-will talk about it." Oh god I can't breath!
"Y-yeah umma hy-hung is right."
"Talk! TALK! I HAVE NO IDEA WHY JUNMYEON WOULD DO THAT! I am am going to give him and his parents a talk they will never forget!" Quickly Junnie and I grabbed his arms so he wouldn't go anywhere.
"Umma please let's just go home."
"Let me go! I am going to skin Junmyeon alive!" I knew this was going to happen. 

~Flashback~

"Ok well... I was talking and Jun kind of startled me. And he asked me something."
"What did he ask?" 
"Well he said there is a new program for freshman that can go study abroad in China and that it would be a great opportunity for me."
"Oh really. Well if you want to check it out it will be fine with me." Once again my brother kicked me.
"Well he had already put my name on the list." My mom choked on his food.
"He what! Without your permission!" 
"It's ok umma the chance I actually get to go is slim." My mom stayed quiet for a while. I wonder what he is thinking.
"But Seokie it can be a good opportunity for you. I actually don't think its a bad idea. Junmyeon can actually be be right in this one." Me and Junnie looked surprised I thought he was going to go on rage mode.
"I am not really sure. You and Heejun need me."
"Plus umma I don't think hyung wants to go China after what happened last time." I kicked my brother on his leg. I can't believe he just said it! 
"What do you mean after what happened last time." 
"Um its n-" 
"Minseok I am asking your brother."
"Um well umma. Its just a bad experience that hyung had during his trip that he told me about." And when my mom looked at me I swear fire was going to come out of them.
"What bad experience Minseok. You said you had a good time." My hands began to sweat real bad. 
"Um its just I kind of... Felt lonely kind of became the third wheel for a few days. But it's not that important." My mom's gaze became even stronger. Oh God how can this man be so sweet like honey and the next thing you know he looks like he can kill you in a blink of an eye. 
"Minseok your are hiding something from me. What do you mean third wheel."
"Um well Junmyeon was dating well is dating someone and he lives in China and once in a while he came and I became the third wheel once in a while. But that's really it." I pray that he will believe it.
"Kim Minseok. I know you are lying to me. Tell. Me. Now!"
"Ok . Ok....

WestayedatJun'sboyfriendhouseandthenIrealizedJunjustwantedtobewithhimandIwasleftwithhisdogandtheydidsomeintimatethingsthatgrossedmeoutandthatswhyIlookedthinnerwhenIreturned."

"HE DID WHAT!"

~End of Flashback~ 

The moment those words came out my mouth mom put his shoes on he ran out saying he is going to kill Junmyeon. He didn't care that his parents help us out. He wasn't mad that I had the chance of going abroad. He just hated that Junmyeon took my innocence. Okay that sounds so weird.

Me and Junnie were basically dragging him back home. It didn't help he was pulling away.... 

After so much kicking we were finally able got home I told Junnie to make his favorite tea so he could calm down.

"So you are telling me that Junmyeon and his boyfriend had intimate relations while you around." I nodded petting his back. Heejun also came to give mom his tea.
"Umma drink this it going to help you." And of course he chugged it down. 
"Umma it was over 3 years ago I have already forgotten."
"There is no way you are going to China with him. You are prohibited to go anywhere with Junmyeon unless either his parents me or your brother go with you." For some odd reason I feel like I am prohibited to see my lover. Oh this has been such a weird day

"Umma even if I do get to go I will be living in a dorm. And you know I don't like dorms and I hate meeting new people." My mom grabbed my hand.
"Even though I want to do unspeakable things to Junmyeon. I think that it would be an amazing opportunity for you." 
"But you guys need me." 
"Seokie I am able to handle things now. Don't worry. I have a job that can cover all the bills no problem. One thing that I am grateful to Junmyeon's parent's they let me study so I could provide better for you and your brother. So if you get the chance to go and study abroad then go. Plus your Mandarin is great!" Ever since I was little I was put in a Mandarin class. I took classes until I graduated high school. According to my teachers I almost sounded like a native. Apparently knowing how to speak Chinese makes mom really proud. Also mom like to brag about how Junnie knows how to specks English. Calls us her multi language kids.

"I'll go if you are okay with it umma." 

"Of course I am ok with it! More than ok. And when is the program supposed to begin."
"Jun said the second semester. And that by the end of this week they will announce who is going." 
"I am so excited for you sweetie!" This is not how I imagined things would go...

~The next day~

It's lunch time and I was having nice a lunch with Kyungsoo and Jongin. Junmyeon was on the phone as always with Kris. He really doesn't do anything else.

I had told him what had happened the day before this morning and all his color faded. He said he wasn't going to be over my house anytime soon. I just told him to watch out my mom could get him anytime anywhere and looked like he was about to faint. I honestly enjoyed him seeing like this. Karma.

"So hyung is it true that you will go to China?" Kyungsoo asked.
"Well it's not official yet I haven't gotten a call."
"Jongin I think we should sign up too. If Minseok hyung goes to China its going to be very lonely."
"I am not sure Soo.."
"Oh please Jongin! You said you always wanted to go to China! We don't have to stay in a dorm we can stay with your brother." 
"Jongin you have a brother in China?" I asked drinking my iced coffee.
"Yeah he does! It's his older brother. He has been living in China for a few years now. Jongin you know how much your brother always wanted us to stay with him." Kyungsoo kept pushing and pushing poor Jongin. These too are really something.

"Ok I guess I can call him." I saw Kyungsoo burst with happiness.
"Ok let's go sign up. Right now. Get up I bet we have a lot of work to do." 
"But what about lunch!?"
"You aren't going to dye from hunger. See you later hyung! Tell Junmyeon we said goodbye." I laugh and nodded at the couple. I looked over and.... Junmeyeon is also gone. Well its just me. I wouldn't mind the time alone. I wonder what time it is... 

2:45

Oh no I am going to be late for work!

~*~

"Minseok you are late.... again." 
"I know. I'm sorry Jungsu hyung." 

"We are here!"
"You 3 have to stop arriving late! I don't care that you three are my best workers. I have been slacking too much on you guys. I really wish I could have a drink." I saw my boss scratch his head and leave.
"Looks like we upset him. Again. So let's get work hard today. Baekhyun, Chanyeol I wonder why are you guys always late. I actually have an excuse. My campus is like 10 miles away you guys live really close." They blushed. These two Baekhyun and Chanyeol are always a hassle. I have worked with them for 2 almost 3 years. They are late about 90 percent of the time they make up for it since they work hard. We work in a cafe/ dinner. During the day it's more of a coffee shop and at night we become a small restaurant and the three of us change into waiters. If we work the night shift. Which is almost always. "Ok let's change so we can start setting tables." I told couple. I can already tell this is going to be a long day...

~*~

After we changed and set the tables I went to check on Jungsu hyung. He is the one who owns this place. 
"Knock knock hyung are you feeling better?" I said as I entering his office. 
"I am better now. Have you guys set things up." 
"Yeah Baekhyun and Chanyeol are handling tables now." *ring* ring* *ring*  "Umm hyung can I take this call real quick?" I saw him nod

"Hello?"
"Is this Kim Minseok."
"Yes."
"This is your dean."
"Oh hello."
"I hope you aren't busy at this time. I have good news for you Minseok. You were accepted. The board was very impressed with your grades and they approved for you go study abroad." 
"Really?"
"Yes. More information will be given to you once the semester is close to the end." 
"Oh okay thank you."
"No problem. Have a nice rest of the day." 
"Thank you. You too." I hung up the phone and I kind fell... happy? 
"Something special happen Seok?" 
"I think so." Jungsu hyung laughed.
"Well congratulations Seok. Oh and can you do me a huge favor. Tell the cooks to we changed the special to not forget.
"Alright hyung. I am going to head down." My bos nodded and I head back downstairs.  

I quickly tell the cooks hyung's request and see the couple taking orders.
"Hyung you look happy. Did you get good news."
"I guess you can say that. Let's get to work. I feel like we are going to have a long day." 

~*~

After 6 hours on my feet I am glad to go home. Over the past few months  the shop as gotten even more and more busier. I know hyung loves it. But I wish he could hire a at least one more person for the night shift. 

When I finally got home. Junnie and mom were watching TV.

"I'm home!" I tool off my shoes and threw my bag somewhere and sat on the couch with my mom.
"How was work."
"Brutal. As weeks pass by the shop gets even more and more busy. Oh guess what."
"What." Both responded.
"I got a call today. I was approved to study abroad."
"Really hyung!"
"Yeah. My dean called me before I started my shift. She said they were impressed by my grades."
"I am so proud of you sweetie!" My mom said as he patted my head. I am the first to go to college and now I am going to study abroad. What a turn of events.

"Aren't you excited?"
"I am not sure what to feel. I think it will hit me once the date gets closer.." My mom gave me a smile.
"Well everyone reacts differently." I put my head on my mom lap. "Aigoo Seokie."
"Shhh. I really am tired."
"You should eat something. I bet you haven't eaten anything."
"I couldn't. The place got packed. We couldn't even take a 5 minute break. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were on the verge of passing out. One good thing though. We are getting raises. Jungsu hyung said its for us working so hard even though we are late most of the time." 

"How is Jungsu anyway." Quick fact my mom and Jungsu hyung have been friends since kindergarten.
"He is somewhat stressed over the shop and his personal life." 
"Is he still with Kangin?" Another quick fact my mom set up Jungsu hyung with Kangin ended up with them getting married.
"Yeah it's that Jungsu hyung's hormones are driving him crazy."
"Hormones? Wait don't tell me.... Jungsu got pregnant!" I nod my head.
"He is like only 3, 4 months in. Jungsu hyung was going to come over with Kangin hyung but he has been busy with the shop he hasn't had time come over." 

"I see I'll just give him a call." My umma started to pet my head. It felt so nice. But I have homework to do..
"I am going to start my homework now."
"Ok I'll make you something to eat." I nodded.
"Hyung I'll come get you once mom is done." 
"Okay." I got up again dragged my body to my room and started the piles of homework ahead of me. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N First I want to thank all my subbies!! I never expected 28 subs and 2 upvotes! Usually I put m A/N in the beginning but since it is the first chapter I wanted to do it in the end. I also want to say I am sorry for the late chapter. I was planning on posting this a few days ago but I had so many problems but anyway.... I hope you like this chapter! I shall see everyone in the next one!