chapter 1

Letting Go
 
whiteflowers_zpse6fd9414.png

Chapter 1

divider_zps786883e5.png

Welcome home! Would you like something to eat" asked Kyungsoo a little surprised that Kai was home early. She helped him take off his jacket and hang it up. For a moment, she thought she smelled cheap perfume but just let it slide.

"No I'm okay, I ate at the office. I'll just go take a shower and sleep" "okay" she replied. They've been together for two years and are engaged. At first it was suppost to be an arranged marriage to join the Do's with the Kim's. But they wanted to get to know each other first, they are planning to tie the knot in eight months.

They were a perfect couple; going out on dates, having time for each other, giving each other kisses. A year has passed and things are a whole lot different. Kai comes home late because he has a lot on his hands at the office. Kyungsoo helping out at the hospital and coming home to an empty place. She would ask for an early shift so she could come home to cook dinner for Kai and herself to only get her hopes crushed.

Kyungsoo is a patient woman and just waits for Kai even though she falls asleep before he comes home around 3am. She misses those sweet kisses that Kai used to give her or when she used to back hug him to show her affection.

Or when Kai used to show his possessiveness in public when he couldn't keep his hands to himself. It seems like it has been so long but it was all just a year ago.

He used to shower her with so much love that she used to feel like the luckiest girl in the world. It's not like she doesn't feel like that anymore, she just feels a little lonely.

Kai headed towards their shared bedroom and disappeared out of Kyungsoo's sight. Kyungsoo headed towards the kitchen to eat by herself. When she was done she went to go check up on Kai and saw him peacefully sleeping. She noticed Kai's phone light flicker by the bed stand signaling that he got a message. She felt so tempted to go check who it was from but ignored it. Instead she decided to go do the laundry before she went off to bed.

Kyungsoo went to go get Kai's jacket which was hanging by the door and thought she smelled the cheap perfume again. She couldn't describe how she felt and didn't want to believe what had crossed her mind. So she decided to clean up and go off to bed. As she slept next to Kai, she felt so insecure. What made things worse was that Kai stopped cuddling with her to sleep. It feels like they're two strangers sleeping in the same bed.

As Kyungsoo woke up she noticed that she was alone in bed. She turned to look at the clock and it said 5am. She got up to look around to see if Kai was probably in the living room or in the kitchen.

To Kyungsoo's disappointment Kai wasn't home. She headed towards the bathroom to freshen up. She felt like something was off because Kai would wake up a few minutes after her. Kyungsoo would make breakfast for the both if them until Kai would head off to work at six-thirty.

She decided to call him but Kai wouldn't pick up so she called the office. The phone rang two times before Kai's secretary Krystal picked up. "Good morning Krystal! How's it going?" asked Kyungsoo. "Hello madam! I'm doing fine. How are you? " responded Krystal. "I'm great thanks for asking. I was wondering if Kai is there and if he has eaten anything yet?" Krystal seemed a little startled by the question but answered it right away " I'm sorry to inform you madam but Mr. Kai hasn't gotten here yet, he usually gets here around eight"

"Ha ha! Of course! I totally forgot, silly me. Sorry to bother you, it's just I woke up at the wrong side of the bed. Have a wonderfully day, bye!" Kyungsoo hung up before Krystal had the chance to say anything. As Kyungsoo hung up her phone rang. She answered it quickly feeling a little dizzy. " Hello, do you need anything? " spoke the person from the other side.

Kyungsoo recognized the voice right away. Why wouldn't she if it's the voice of the person she loves. "H..hello? I...I was j..ust wondering Um where Um you were because you left really early?" asked Kyungsoo with hesitants. "At the office of course, where else would I be?" asked Kai a little tense. At that moment Kyungsoo felt her heart drop and shatter into tiny little pieces. Kyungsoo didn't know what to say but she felt very betrayed. just automatically responded with a "it's just that we didn't eat breakfast together"

Kyungsoo isn't sure if she just imagined it butKai had just sighed a sigh of relief. "It's just I have a lot of work and needed to get to work early. Plus I asked Krystal to go get me breakfast right now so you don't have to worry about anything. I have to go now, I'll see you later" was the last thing that Kai said before he hung up.

Kyungsoo felt like the room was stuffy, like she was suffocating. She grabbed her keys and left the house. She decided to walk to her and Kai's favorite place, Xu's cafe. Xu's cafe us were Kai had asked Kyungsoo to be his girlfriend to make things feel less forced upon them. It's were they celebrated their first anniversary so the cafe has a very special place in Kyungsoo's heart.

As she was walking many things crossed her mind. *Why would Krystal lie to me? Is Kai really telling the truth? Have I done something wrong?* were some of the things that crossed her mind. One thing for sure was that two of her questions were going to be answered.

Kyungsoo looked up and could see the Xu's cafe coming to view. She stopped in her tracks as she saw Kai coming out hand in hand with a girl. She wasn't much taller then Kyungsoo, with dirty blond hair. She wore revealing clothes and was smiling to what ever Kai was telling her.

Kyungsoo was scared that they would turn around and notice her. But they didn't as they kept walking the opposite way from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo still a little dazed decided to follow them. Each step she took got difficult for her but she couldn't lose them. She stayed as close as she could until she saw then cross the street towards a bar.

Kyungsoo saw how Kai put his hands around the girls waste and give her little pecks on the lips. Then he hugged her and gave the girl a very passionate kiss. Afterwards he let go of her and she went inside the bar. Kyungsoo took a few steps back into a dark ally so she wouldn't be spotted. She saw Kai walk back towards the cafe to probably go get his car. She also noticed how Kai's steps had a little skip in them. She also didn't miss that huge smile that was plastered on Kai's face as he walked away.

Kyungsoo put her back against the wall and slid down to sit in the dirty ground. She didn't notice she was crying until a sob left her lips and that's when she let every thing out. She stayed there for a few hours until someone tapped her shoulder. " Um are you okay" asked a gently voice. When Kyungsoo looked up she was surprised to see who it was. It was no one other then the girl that Kai was with.

Kyungsoo didn't respond as she got off the floor and bowed. Then she just left without saying anything. *Of course Kai would like her. She is nice, pretty and better then I am. I don't know where I went wrong.* Kyungsoo got home at around three at the evening a thought to herself *Should I let our two years of a relationship go to waste? Of course I'm not good enough but I love him.

But he's not happy with me, what matters the most is his happiness. If that means me leaving his side and watching him be happy with somebody else, then so be it. As long as he's happy I'm willing to let go.* was the last thing Kyungsoo thought as she went to go pack her stuff.

Kai came home early again and was surprised to see Kyungsoo looking very stunning. She had on a red skin tight dress that went up to her thigh and her black middle sized hair was down. She had no make up on and no shoes but she looked stunning. "Is there something special that I forgot about" asked Kai still a little stunned.

"No but I feel like today is a very special day. Why don't you come and eat unless you're not hungry." said Kyungsoo as she walked towards the kitchen. Kai didn't know he was very hungry until his stomach growled. He headed towards the kitchen and was left a gape to the delicious food set up on the table.

Kai heard Kyungsoo giggle and he looked up to a beautiful sight. He has always loved Kyungsoo's beautiful smile. It would always make him smile but right this moment it made him feel uneasy. "You look so surprised, like the first time I cooked for you" said Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo took a seat and felt proud at the reactions that she was getting out of Kai. She patted the seat right next to her and said "You should come and eat before the food gets cold" Kai didn't need to be told twice so he sat down immediately. When they were done eating Kyungsoo put the dirty dishes in the dish washer. Then she grabbed Kai's hand and pulled him towards their room but not for long.

Once they were in the room Kyungsoo started to take off Kai's suit. But Kai was confused and stopped her by holding her wrist and asking "What are you doing?".

Kyungsoo sighed and said "Kai I don't think we're working out anymore so I want to end this. *She said pointing between Kai and herself* but before I end this can I be selfish and ask for a favor. Can we go back just this once to how we used to be. Can you make love to me one last time, please " she whispered out as her voice cracked while putting her head down feeling ashamed.

To say that Kai wasn't surprised would be an understatement. He knew that what he was doing was wrong but he loves Baekhyun. But he never wanted to hurt Kyungsoo. Could you even consider their relationship a real relationship if they just went out for the benefit of their companies. Don't get him wrong because he really did try but he met Baekhyun any every thing changed.

So he wanted to make it up to Kyungsoo by making her last wish come true. "Are you sure about this?" asked Kai as he put his hand under her chin lifting it up so he could see her face. But the only reply that he got was Kyungsoo lifting herself up on her tips toes kissing him on the lips. For the last time Kai made Kyungsoo feel loved.

Kyungsoo was fast asleep in Kai's arm *or so he thought* as Kai watched her sleep. Kai felt so many emotions surfing through him but one stood out the most; guilty. He didn't want to think about it anymore so he kissed Kyungsoo on the forehead. And whispered " Sorry" before going off to sleep with Kyungsoo in his arms thinking that they'll talk tomorrow morning.

Kyungsoo waited until Kai was fast asleep before getting up and out of his arms slowly trying not to wake him up. She got her stuff ready and before leaving she went to Kai and kissed him one last time on the lips while whispering "it's okay, I...I forgive you".

YAY! I put the first chap. Up, by the way it's un edited so... yeah. Hope you guys enjoyed this chap. Comment!!!

 

hearticon_zpsd6ec70c9.gif