Returning Home?

All's Well What Ends...Well?

New year quickly came and brought with it the typical feeling of transition. People were drawing final conclusions upon achieved results or personal satisfactions, and were already planning what to do over the next few months to start the year in the best way.

Feeling totally relaxed from the two-day-long trip on the mountains that Ryeowook wanted to take right after Christmas with the whole group of friends - and that was another present for Kyuhyun, who loved snowboarding but didn't have time to reach the closest ski tracks, the couple returned to Paris and enjoyed what was left of Yesung, Donghae and Eunhyuk's week in the French capital.

Just merely a week into the new year, and Kyuhyun had already to leave and head to New York, in order to attend to a quite important meeting to sign contracts and establish a new partnership overseas as well. 

He had to leave Ryeowook behind, even though this one had showed his interest into following him at first, profiting of the still ongoing holiday break at the conservatory, but thought the better of it, when he understood that his lover would have been surrounded by boring people at all time of the day, preventing him to get enough free time to tour the Big Apple. 

On the other hand, Kyuhyun took the chance of staying away from home to clear his mind about the proposal. He had promised himself not to pay much importance to it, as he tried to always consider the bright side, which, in this case, involved Ryeowook's assurance on his will to eventually really marry him, despite not being sure about when that might have happened. 

With that, Kyuhyun had nothing to worry about, or at least this was what he kept on mentally repeating to himself. However, those last days spent with Donghae, who tried his best to comfort him after that little refusal, made him innerly suffer and look even more miserable in his silent way, and that alone was what Kyuhyun wanted to avoid so bad, in order not to stir Ryeowook's suspicion.

Donghae had first suggested him the marriage proposal, and therefore felt legit guilty for how things turned out in the end. He was known to be the most nosy among them -not to mention that he always spoke too much during the less appropriate moments- therefore, if he was to disclose many details on the heart to heart converstaion had with Kyuhyun on Christmas day, he might have self marked his instant death by Kyuhyun's hands.

The young man didn't want to be pitied by Yesung, or made fun of by Eunhyuk; Ryeowook's reply at his inquiries was already too much to handle for his poor heart.

In conclusion, he went to New York with the sole aim of leaving the whole story behind and take a refreshing new start from it; he was personally of the idea that being apart for three full days could help them re-enforce their mutual feelings for each other, because being a part -even though for brief periods of time- would mean finding an over clingy and touchy Ryeowook at his arrival home, and he simply loved when Ryeowook was that sweet to be around. Leaving it all to the normal passing of days would have greatly helped his situation.

However, what he didn't made into account was that, as soon as he got back home, he didn't find his lover impatiently waiting to shower him of his attention. Instead, what he found was a rather worried Ryeowook, sitting at the couch, browsing for flight fares headed to South Korea (which was something he still didn't know about, at this point, but would have discovered thereafter).

Kyuhyun was at the door, trying to get his suitcase out of the way, pushing it in a corner of the entrance hallway and carelessly throwing his briefcase atop of it, as he rushed to get out of his coat and walk in Ryeowook's direction.

"What are you so busy at, for not noticing my arrival?" he softly asked, sinking on the cushions next to Ryeowook, who sat perfectly comfortably with folded legs as he held the computer on his lap. Kyuhyun stretched his right arm behind Ryeowook's head and around his shoulder, pulling him closer.

"Oh?" Ryeowook turned his head to stare at Kyuhyun, that quiet, maybe too quiet, expression wasn't a typical one of his "Welcome back, Kyu" he half smiled while leaning to meet Kyuhyun's lips and gently kiss once, just to acknowledge his lover's presence, but soon after put on his worried pout, which included then lightly frowning brows and furrowed chin.

"Didn't you miss me?" Kyuhyun asked, feeling a little uncomfortable for not being welcomed in a more proper way by Ryeowook.

"I did!" the latter one replied, resting his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder, but still keeping his eyes on the computer screen.

"Are you leaving?" Kyuhyun asked. His eyes followed the departure dates table shown on the screen, and the little arrow that travelled from one selected option to the other. Ryeowook kept strangely silent.

"Ryeowook? May I know what it means that you are looking for flights to Seoul?" 

This time Ryeowook stopped his task and gulped, swallowing hard. He perfectly knew that the question was in the air, and he didn't even bother to hide his doings from Kyuhyun, but what he also was aware of, was that Kyuhyun would have had no good reaction to the news he was about to deliver.

"Is it for work? Have you got another work offer from the agency?" Kyuhyun asked, but since he still had no answer to his bunch of questions, he kept going "Are you afraid of telling me, without discussing about it first? Ryeowook, if that was important, why didn't you talk to me about it, when we spoke over the phone during the past three days?" this time Kyuhyun's grip over Ryeowook's shoulders got loose and he proceeded to stare at his lover with worried questioning eyes "If that was so important, we could have planned it beforehand and sought a way to move together, despite my future meetings in the US" 

Ryeowook's thin fingers stopped typing on the black keyboard and, nervously biting his lips, he slowly turned to face Kyuhyun: "It's...it's not about work" he confessed then.

"Then, what?" Kyuhyun looked more confused.

"We need to go back to Korea..." Ryeowook announced, knowing that it was neither his intention nor priority to visit his native country again, after settling in Paris for so long. And it was also Kyuhyun's same idea, as he wanted to avoid keeping contacts with his family, after unveiling the dark truth his parents withheld behind his sister's death. Ryeowook knew how much upsetting the whole suggestion might have sounded to Kyuhyun, but he had a reason for the sudden request.

"Why?" Kyuhyun's lips tightened in a line, disapprovement depicted all over his face as he grimaced and raised an eyebrow.

"Just one hour before your arrival, Yesung called. He asked for you, but you weren't home yet, and he said he couldn't get through, probably because you were still onboard or dealing with collecting your luggage, anyway..." Ryeowook nervously cleared his throat to get rid of that annoying dry knot, whose existence he was trying to ignore "...he called, saying that your parents were looking for you and contacted him, instead. Your father is terribly ill and might not have much time left..." the petite man's voice had already craked at the mention of Kyuhyun's parents, but when he spoke about illness, he struggled to mantain a bit of control in his tone, not sounding convincing at all. He disquietly glanced at Kyuhyun, already imagining the swirl of thoughts that would be more likely to take his mind hostage. 

The other man probably didn't know the nature of his reaction, as his jaw slowly dropped and his eyes got slightly wider.

Kyuhyun was firmly convinced about not wanting to know anything concerning his parents anymore, and he wasn't surely someone to be that easily shaken off his ideas and convictions; but he didn't expect that to be his reaction, when hearing of such a matter. Moreover, he didn't expect to feel such a heavy chest while thinking of his dying father, and he thought that, whatever was now blocking him down deep inside, couldn't be taken lightly or gotten rid of without any difficulty.

It didn't matter how much he wanted to deny the old couple, they were still the people who gave him life and brought him up.

"I-I don't care..." he snapped, emotionless "Don't you dare to book flights! Stop whatever you are doing, or that might cost you dearly!" as cold as ice, if not even more, Kyuhyun abruptly stood up and tried to walk away, unconscious of hurting Ryeowook with his words.

Ryeowook swallowed his pride, aware that it wasn't his Kyuhyun who spoke that harshly, but the hurt child who hid inside his lover. The one who had suffered for losing his dear sister; the one who had a difficult time into adjusting to the idea that, the boy he loved was more likely to be the culprit in his truth-concealed mind; the one who denied himself happiness before being fully sure of having it handy; the one who had been betrayed by life's fairness and justice, feeling abandoned by his closest kin.

The pianist placed the lit appliance on the empty spot next to him and stood up, walking towards Kyuhyun, before this one could disappear into their bedroom. It wasn't time for silent tears and gushes of guilt. He wanted to talk him into meeting his father before it was too late. And if Kyuhyun wanted to cry, then...they could have done it together, there was no need to hurry one self into a hideout, just for fear of being pitied...it wasn't about pity, even if Kyuhyun was way too proud, prickly and stubborn to see that, it was only about love, Ryeowook's love and care, and it had always been so because Ryeowook was more willing to be Kyuhyun's shoulder to cry on, if needed. He didn't want to be pushed away.

"Kyuhyun! Stop there!" Ryeowook called out, as he sprung forwards and back hugged his lover. His grip around Kyuhyun's waist got tigther, just as tight as his small soft hands were getting, while clasping at the lower front of Kyuhyun's mustard yellow jumper. "Please...please, listen to me..."

"I don't want to! Leave me alone!" Kyuhyun cut him off, already mentally slapping himself for wanting Ryeowook to stay away, when, in truth, he was the only one person that truly mattered for him, the one he needed the most.

"I don't care what you say..." Ryeowook's voice already trailed off, as he pressed his cheek against Kyuhyun's back and listened to his hectic breath, echoing through his ribcage "...I want you to go there and try, for once, to behave as the filial son. Don't you remember what I told you? Time works wonders, time heals everything...it worked for us! It took us long, sure, but it worked and in the end we are together!" Warm tears were already filling his eyes and surged, streaking his face. But Ryeowook didn't care, he simply had to succeed in this mission, and therefore fought against his stupid weakness: his being too emotional.

"It worked and I'm sure it'll heal the wound your parents inflicted you, but look at what happened. Time is not merciful towards your father and might take him away from you before you even notice it! And when you'll realize it as the biggest mistake of your life, it'll be too late to be given a second chance to fix mistakes..."

Kyuhyun stilled while listening at his lover's heartfelt plea. It broke his heart listening to Ryeowook talking that way about how he should have handled his parents.

It hurt him, not because he felt somehow guilty or missed his parents, despite affirming of wanting to keep distant, not really.

It hurt him, because he was feeling Ryeowook's warm tears wetting his jumper, and those warm tears made him realize that his lover was truly suffering on his behalf. He knew that Ryeowook was the overly emotional kind of guy, he knew it and he loved it about him -there was no feature in his behavior to freely leave behind, because loving Ryeowook meant willingly taking the whole package- but he also knew that the family topic was one that had always much upset him.

It happened that, right after moving to Paris, his mother accompanied him to help him face proper adjustments to his life on his own; however, when she went back home, she discovered that her loving husband -Ryeowook's role model, nonetheless- had kept on cheating her with a younger colleague from work.

Pain and disbelief, not to mention shame and dishonor, were too much to take in, and the poor woman died heartbroken. Ryeowook's father eventually moved to Macau with his new lover, and quietly disappeared from his life, leaving him behind without a hint of what he was about to do, nor any spoken intention of wanting to take care of his only son. Being with a younger woman meant that, she didn't want to look after a troubled teenager who was someone else's son; not even when the said boy had already settled down in a foreign country miles and miles away.

The older man didn't even had the guts to tell Ryeowook about his mother's death, at least not when Ryeowook could have been able to attend the woman's funeral, her last steps on the living world. One day Ryeowook just happened to receive a call from his family's old tenant, who told him everything in detail -the shame couldn't have been stronger and deeper, then- and tried to sympathize with the young man.

That abruptly shoved Ryeowook into the true world of adults, making him harshly stop dreaming about fancy useless things like love in its every feature; he put all his might into forgetting his past with Kyuhyun as well...until when fate slyly butted in and brought them together, the rest is history.

"I don't want you to end up like me, dealing with bitterness and regrets, Kyuhyun" Ryeowook pleaded him with that thin voice of his, broken by sobs yet still trying to sound convincing enough: "Please, listen to what I said and think about it. Your heart will be at ease too and..." Kyuhyun suddenly jerked a little bit from Ryeowook's grip. Lifting arms, he gently placed his warm hands on Ryeowook's smaller ones, covering them and snaking fingers through the ones, which the other man clutched his clothes with. 

Ryeowook umperceptibly gasped, feeling Kyuhyun's fingers interwining with his as this one pulled his arms open to escape his back hug. He already bit his lips, feeling hopeless and useless for having angered his lover, but, some seconds later, he found himself totally confused while meeting Kyuhyun's almost teary eyes.

Deciding that it was too much to behave that harshly towards Ryeowook, who wasn't at fault after all, the younger man had just turned to face his lover, and took the other hands in his, softly the back of Ryeowook's with both his thumbs: "Stop crying now, okay?" he asked in a very low blow, fearing that, if he had just spoken in a little higher volume, his quivering voice could have betrayed his true feelings. "Do me a favor. Only by preventing those tears to fall, my heart will be truly at ease..."

"But, Kyu..."

"No buts..." Kyuhyun didn't like to repeat himself twice, but that could be an exception: "I know how you feel about this, Ryeowook. And I'm sorry that, of all the people living in this world, such a horrible thing had to happen to you... I'm truly sorry" he took his time to stare deep inside Ryeowook's eyes overflowing with tears, and his heart painfully shrunk, until he couldn't breath anymore "I'd kill whoever tries to hurt you again, I swear it here, however, although I understand your good intentions, I'm not feeling well at the idea of meeting my parents, no matter what..."

The pianist had been pulled into a squeezing tight hug and he could bury his face under the younger man's crook of the neck: "Kyu..." Ryeowook stuttered, voice muffled against his after shave scented neck skin. He didn't want to give up, he wanted Kyuhyun to fight for what was right, just like when he fought so bravely to win over Ryeowook's own heart.

Kyuhyun was resting his chin atop Ryeowook's head and reassuringly the man's back in little soothing circles: "...but, I'll try. I'll try for you, because you are my biggest supporter, and I hate when you bring yourself down just because of me. You make me feel so damn useless!" He gave up, in the end...and Ryeowook won. Was it because his tears never failed at moving Kyuhyun, was it that perhaps Kyuhyun really needed to take a break from his hatred, Ryeowook managed to snatch the promise of leaving together a couple of days later.

The older one, confused for what had just happened, slowly reappeared from under Kyuhyun's neck and looked at him with puffy red eyes, wondering if the other man's words had just been a mere result of his imagination. 

He curved his lips in a little smile and tiptoed while hugging Kyuhyun's again, firmly securing his grip around the latter's neck: "I promise you, that everything will be okay" Ryeowook, sounding almost too solemn, decleared with his soft voice.

"I know" was Kyuhyun's sincere reply, a gentle understanding blow from his lips, as he tightly held Ryeowook's body pressed against his and leaned forward to kiss him slowly.

---ooo---

And so they left.

A couple of days later the two men were boarding a plane headed to South Korea, not without much apprehension.

Kyuhyun didn't even fake to feel a tiny bit good about it, although he did want to pretend it for Ryeowook's sake, he simply couldn't. He was dealing with a heavy heart stuffed with all his endless worries about the upcoming meeting with his parents and couldn't think straight all the flight through.

It didn't help that Ryeowook had chosen first class seats to profit of a more quiet ambience in order to relax; or that he suggested to watch a romantic comedy together, just to kill the time and push away bad thougths.

The pianist perfectly knew that none of his little expedients would have been useful, when all that Kyuhyun could do was stare at the screen with empty eyes and gloomy face, and it actually frightened Ryeowook to watch him suffer deep inside, making all his loving efforts go wasted. He took Kyuhyun's hands in his and gently them, not willing to let him go even for a second, during the whole trip. Kyuhyun was probably too tired to handle it all, and eventually drifted to sleep for pretty long.

Despite boredom, Ryeowook found it relieving to watch over Kyuhyun's sleep. His younger lover had always been the one pulling their relationship's strings, conducting both their lives and silently watching over both bad and good happenings, managing to make Ryeowook feel the most precious and protected treasure of the world.

However, even though burdens often doubled their weight, Kyuhyun took it in without ever complaining, feeling in need of clearing their paths from troubles, before they could even slightly affect Ryeowook in any way.

Therefore this time, as Ryeowook watched Kyuhyun soundly sleep, comfortably rested against the seat and covered in a blanket, the older man felt responsible for his lover, and wanted to take care of him properly. He still didn't know what would be more likely to happen next, but he was sure that he would have bravely fought against whatever showed up on their crossed paths in order to protect him, as he deserved.

Ryeowook shifted in his seat and turned to his side, intently watching his sleepy Kyuhyun, not wanting to miss any of those small regular breaths issued through his slightly parted rosy lips, or his lashes fluttering in the air, or his covered chest slowly rising and falling at each beat of his heart. He leaned forward and rested an elbow on the armrest, supporting his head in order to lock his eyes on those loved features.

Even if he wanted to look away, in truth, he couldn't take hie eyes off his handsome lover; each time he was granted the chance to silently glance at him that way, Ryeowook's cheeks started getting tinted of pink, and that warm shade on his face eventually colored itself of a darker red.  

It was while being discreetely eyed, that Kyuhyun unintentionally woke up. He had just felt his head slipping to a side and hanging on his shoulder, when a pair of warm soft hands cupped his cheeks and gently repositioned him in a more comfortable way.

Kyuhyun, disturbed by that sudden chill, forced his eyes open and blinked several times, trying to get accustomed with the surroundings, only to find Ryeowook's intense stare on himself. The young man was too tired to process what was going on, however he managed to crack a faint smile, when noticing Ryeowook immediately hiding his flushed face behind both his hands, lightly chuckling.

"What?" Kyuhyun mumbled, slurring that word, still affected by that dreamless sleep. He briefly closed eyes and tried to stretch stiff legs and arms the best way he could, straightening his back against the seat.

"Nothing" Ryeowook replied, still focused on Kyuhyun's awakening, his smile got wider when his lover, with a quick gesture of the hand, grabbed Ryeowook's and moved it from the armrest to his lap, where they tangled fingers. 

"This is the first time I'll ever say it but, I can't wait to land" Kyuhyun's voice sounded hoarse and deeper, while mumbling his thoughts.

"You didn't even tell me where we're gonna stay at. Did you book a hotel room for us..." 

Ryeowook was interrupted by a wide-mouthed yawn from Kyuhyun, who shook his head and grinned, looking even more beautiful despite the messy sleepy look, when he couldn't keep his eyes properly open and peeped at the world from his half-closed eyelids: "You forget I've still got a house in Seoul" he replied "I asked Yesung to take care of it and get it ready for when we'll arrive, which is - it took all his mental strength to look at the hour on the screen hung in the hallway and not confuse numbers - in less than two hours, right?"

Ryeowook nodded, happy at the idea of not staying at a hotel, but enjoying the comfortable ambience of a true house instead, which was also his, from the moment he shared his life with Kyuhyun.

"I wonder how he could get things done in just two days, without much prior notice"

"He's Yesung. He'd manage it well, in order not to receive a scolding from you, Kyu. If he ever disappoints you..." Ryeowook giggled and took the chance to rest his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder.

"I wouldn't like to get violent and beat him up as soon as I meet him. I'd very much appreciate to find my own house ready to welcome us in the middle of the night, without having to care about chores and fixing utilities right before bedtime" Kyuhyun scoffed as he moved just a little bit to look out the window at the undistinguished pitch black darkness that wrapped both skies and earth below "Moreover, I've personally picked something I didn't have yet and that we might need in the house, since we don't know how long we will be staying in Korea yet"

"What did you do, Kyu?" Ryeowook lifted his head and threw him a suspicious sideway glance.

"Nothing you should worry about, baby. Instead, I bet you'll be very happy about it!" Kyuhyun adorably smiled and made Ryeowook almost melt.

"I'll trust you then" Ryeowook closed the topic, right when one flight assistant was announcing the landing procedures' details and advised passengers to fasten their seatbelts. It took them less than another hour to safely land in their native country, which was only a different way to call Korea, merely a name, since both of them didn't feel it at all like home.

Although still a little bit sleepy, Kyuhyun made sure to follow Ryeowook around the airport as they landed, and hurriedly collected their luggage with the only intention of following the exit directions as soon as possible and stand in the night air, waiting for a taxi to ride their way home.

They both didn't speak much. It was a cold January night and the long flight had strained them either physically and even more mentally. Hoping not to bump into unpleasant thoughts of concern towards Kyuhyun's current state of mind, Ryeowook, tired and sleepy as well, allowed himself to doze off in his lover's arms while being driven home, and even though he wanted to reach dreamland so bad, he stayed vigilant, behind his shut eyes, to feel each distinguished brushing that Kyuhyun gave him on his hair.

It felt relaxing and he wished to stay that way forever, but he was forcefully snapped out to reality, when Kyuhyun, bending his head a little bit over Ryeowook's, softly whispered something, and the pianist understood they had finally reached home, because the car suddenly stopped its ride.

Kyuhyun left Ryeowook ad the entrance gate, their luggage was being pulled out from the car trunk and put side by side next to the man, while he looked for money to pay the driver. After a while, the car drove away and Kyuhyun walked again to where Ryeowook stood, silently lost in the whirl of his thoughts.

He was about to step into Kyuhyun's house for the second time in his life, the first being the decisive one: the night when the two lovers found themselves in the depths of their feelings and everything changed for good, the night when they let their souls touch each other and share what sort of purest love could exist.

Kyuhyun seemed to understand the strange feeling hovering around Ryeowook and that he was probably hiding in his stomach -which was somewhat more like his usual flur of butterflies, than anything bad- because he entoured his lover's waist and pulled him closer, placing his chin on the pianist's coated shoulder. It took him a silent questioning blink, to erase Ryeowook's look of struck confusion while examining the detatched villa's front.

"Aren't we going in?" Kyuhyun asked him from his place on Ryeowook's shoulder and let out a little laugh, before trying to nuzzle the other's neck under the layers of his knitted scarf. Ryeowook curled his own nose and jerked a bit when Kyuhyun's cold one had successfully reached his hidden, well-protected warm skin. He stretched an arm in Kyuhyun's direction and pushed him away, disapproving his doing: "It's damn cold! Don't you ever do that again!" 

"What are you looking at, then? Let's go in!" Kyuhyun laughed in the night and made way past the iron gate, luggage in hand, to reach the threshold.

Blushing, Ryeowook pulled up his scarf and tucked it well enough so that only his eyes were visible. He stepped forwards and followed Kyuhyun inside the house, closing the door behind. Switching the lights on, the younger one hadn't taken a step out of the squared entrance yet, that he stilled struck at the sight of a fresh pale pink rose bouquet perfectly placed in a vase on top of an antique small wooden table. The heat was on too, making him understand that the house gave out those somehow "lived" feelings.

Ryeowook, gazing at Kyuhyun's reaction, took off a glove and traced the surface of the table, examining his fingertips, rubbing them to expect grey dust to dirty his hand: "Yesung's really been here" he commented, with a smile.

"I bet he hired a cleaning team to have the house thouroughly cleaned" Kyuhyun grinned as he took off his shoes and clothes, taking Ryeowook's as well and hanging both their coats at the wall rack "I expect him to have stocked the kitchen too, I'm starving" he groaned as he rubbed his face and moved the hand to his hair, wearily ruffling it.

He took Ryeowook by hand and led him across the entrance hall and spacious living room to a black doorframe under the stairs landing: "Let's go and discover it" he said, squeezing Ryeowook's hand. As soon as he walked through the door and switched the lights on though, the surprise he found made him frown and drop his jaw.

With a giggling Ryeowook by his side, his eyes landed on the three human shapes that were all fast asleep: one sitting at the high chair of the open kitchen bar, the other two at the eating table, but they all were resting heads down on to the smooth surfaces, tired and snoring.

"Yesung has really took his time to clean this place and restock the kitchen...quite literally!" Ryeowook told Kyuhyun, chuckling behind a hand, trying not to break the surrounding silence as he recognized Eunhyuk and Donghae sleeping at the table, holding each other's hand over the surface, and Yesung sprawled at the bar in a strange and rather uncomfortable position.

Some inches further on the man's side was rested a box tray with little sandwiches, canapés and other kinds of finger-food to ease the two travellers' hunger: Yesung had really thought of everything in detail.

Kyuhyun, resteless as he was, left Ryeowook, puffed cheeks and walked to the magnetic blackboard hung next to the fridge, where the three friends had taken the freedom to leave doodles and their signatures, as if to certify their visit. Snorting at first, and then evilly smirking as a result of a dark plot, he grabbed a black marker and was about to lean over Yesung's sleepy face when Ryeowook, understood his intentions, hurried to his side and grabbed his wrist: "Don't be childish, Kyuhyun!"

"Just one, please! I won't leave them all sleeping at my place without an invitation, and let them free the next morning as if nothing happened!" Kyuhyun pouted.

"But nothing really happened!" Ryeowook tried to make him reason, his chuckles disappeared behind a rather stern look: "Come on, leave it be and let's go to sleep, I'm now feeling a bit too jetlagged but look at you instead! First you want to sleep, then you're hungry. Now you're on a playful mode...get yourself together, please, and decide for once!" Ryeowook looked much tired and didn't find that amusing at all, Kyuhyun saw it in his eyes. He left the marker and that was when Ryeowook let the man's wrist go. Turning heels, he was about to step out from the kitchen, when he turned to Kyuhyun and pointed at the food box: "If you're truly hungry, bring some sandwhices to bed and leave these three poor souls to sleep. I expect you to find some blankets to cover them properly or they'll freeze to death" he let out a long sigh before walking away.

Kyuhyun widened eyes, totally shocked by Ryeowook's sudden change of behavior.

Being tired for Ryeowook was a double-edged sword, and it often unexpectedly cut Kyuhyun, whenever he held his guard down and was less careful. Because that was when sweet and cute Dr. Jekyll, in need of cuddles and hugs, transformed into Mr. Hyde, the one whom Kyuhyun preferred not to mess things with, whenever in need of some good rest: that meant Ryeowook sleeping by himself on the farthest side of the bed, not looking for his arms and staying awfully still in his position, worrying Kyuhyun to the point that he always needed to check the other man's regular pulse in order to avoid freaking out.

He complied to Ryeowook's orders and covered his friends with some warm blankets taken from a closet in the living room. Kyuhyun then decided to skip the eating phase and hurried to his bedroom on the first floor. He found Ryeowook standing in front of his bedside-to-be, taking off his clothes and changing into his warm pajama. The dim orange light from the nightstand lamp was wrapping him all and Kyuhyun couldn't help but grin at that smooth back being revealed in front of his eyes.

Ryeowook hadn't noticed his arrival, since Kyuhyun's feet padded on the soft carpet as he walked, and thus jolted in surprise when he felt Kyuhyun's hands snaking greedily around his waist, slipping from his bare hips to his stomach, before Kyuhyun could tangle his own ten fingers together and secure Ryeowook in that hold, as if he had just fastened him with a belt against his body.

"Stop it, Kyu" Ryeowook let out a suppressed giggle, but didn't refuse that back hug at all, feeling the warmth issued by Kyuhyun's chest through his soft clothes spreading all over his back.

"What if I don't?"

"I'm cold...you'll have to wake up at dawn to go buy me medicines, if I ever fall sick, and I wouldn't like that to happen" Ryeowook rested his hands over Kyuhyun's and his fingers began to trace the man knuckles, moving back and forth on the skin.

"I always knew you thought so high of me" Kyuhyun playfully whispered in a grin, bending his head over Ryeowook's right shoulder and began nuzzling at his neck, lightly pecking every inch he could touch with his lips "You don't want me to go out in this cold"

Feeling much overwhelmed by Kyuhyun's kisses, Ryeowook pushed his head backwards to rest on his lover's shoulder and closed eyes, wanting to enjoy every single movement he felt on his skin. He curved his lips in a little smile and softly moaned: "I wasn't talking about you" he said right when another small moan climbed his throat and was hummed soon after "I was talking about me not falling sick"

Kyuhyun disentangled his fingers and placed his hands back on Ryeowook's hips, slowly turning him around. He lovingly smiled while diving into the pianist's tired, yet still bright eyes and moved one hand to tuck Ryeowook's chin, reaching his plump lips and carefully kissing them, showing his uttermost respect, before quickening his moves. He felt their two mouths perfectly combining, recognizing each other as the legitimate missing piece of a familiar puzzle, and the loss of breath didn't stop them to deepen the kiss, as their tongues danced together and caressed each other.

The younger man briefly parted from Ryeowook, just to rest his forehead on the man's. In the meanwhile his hand had just moved from Ryeowook's chin to his cheek, and his thumb was softly his pretty and defined cheekbones: "Am I not your most efficient medicine, already?" he asked, smirking before he could steal another lighter kiss from Ryeowook.

"You are..." Ryeowook contentedly smiled back, not knowing exactly how to reply after being deprived of his breath both by the kiss and Kyuhyun's unexpected sweetness.

"So, even in case you fell sick, I'd be your only cure" Kyuhyun tried to catch his lips once again, but Ryeowook then laughed and dodged the kiss, smacking Kyuhyun's chest: "This goes slightly against the medical principles, don't you think?" he asked, as he turned to grab his clothes still neatly folded on their bed, and proceeded to get dressed.

Kyuhyun frowned and scoffed, as he let his lover part from his hug and watched him climb onto bed and slip under the warm covers. Soon after, a little muffled sound could be heard, as Ryeowook patted twice on the empty spot next to him and invited Kyuhyun over.

Luckily the light from the lamp didn't hit enough the spot where Kyuhyun stood, and he was sure that Ryeowook couldn't possibly notice his rolling eyes in the dark. He saw his own pajama placed on the bed and quickly undressed to change clothes.

"I know you're watching" Kyuhyun snarkily pointed out, when he heard the light sound of the rustling covers and Ryeowook's shifting his position to a curled one, trying to hide his face under the sheets.

"I'm not..." Ryeowook's innocent reply came as a faint mumbling pout, muffled from the thick covers that wrapped him all. He blushed as he was almost discovered by Kyuhyun while peeking at the man when this one changed clothes. 

"What's wrong about you watching me?"

Ryeowook rubbed his face against his pillow and foolishly grinned by himself, not wanting to admit that watching Kyuhyun always gave him those excited thrills, his stomach butterflies were unleashed to their free furious flur and he always got so easily, despite tiredness or any other reason that might have prevented them to get intimate and touchy. Admission would have surely increased Kyuhyun's already huge ego.

The pianist was so absorbed in his thougths that didn't notice Kyuhyun quietly slipping into bed, his hands already looking for Ryeowook's waist to hold against his body.

"So...why can't you answer?"

Ryeowook was brought to reality and shook his head, grinning as he rolled to Kyuhyun's side and landed in his hug, sighing for the warming comfort he found: "I was just thinking"

"About?"

Ryeowook then snuggled closer to Kyuhyun and buried his face on his chest, slipping a leg between the man's and gripping the fabric of the pajama top before him. Ryeowook was thinking of his luck and the sincere love he felt for Kyuhyun, however he didn't speak it out loud, worried that Kyuhyun could have taken advantage of his words and get even more full of himself.

Thus he lied and switched to another topic, one that, sooner or later, would have been brought up in order to further arrange their stay in Korea: "Have you thought of when you'll be meeting your parents?" Ryeowook asked in a low whisper.

"Me? We'll do it together. I won't allow you to leave me alone, baby" Kyuhyun scoffed, resting his chin atop Ryeowook's head and inhaling his sweet shampoo scent "I won't be able to face them alone, or, worst, I'd easily lose my temper"

"I know you need me as a mediator" Ryeowook replied "But, are you sure they'll be okay with seeing us together?"

Kyuhyun backed off a little bit and tucked his chin, lifting Ryeowook's for having a better glimpse of his features: "Kim Ryeowook. They are basically the reason why we couldn't be together in the first place, the reason why I was kept from knowing the truth and try to fight for us when we were still in our early twenties. They will be clearly against us!" he explained, but upon seeing the hurt expression depicted on Ryeowook's face, he quickly planted a reassuring kiss on the man's forehead, and another on his disappointed pouting lips: "Don't worry though, nobody will ever get between us"

Ryeowook was used to listen to Kyuhyun's words. His promise always sounded sincere when spoken that softly, as the man held him against his body and his back in that caring way of his, but, although he really did want to believe it, the pianist felt as if something wrong was about to happen, something that might have threatened what precious bond was between them. Clearly, he didn't wish for anything of the kind, however he sensed a strange and wicked atmosphere since when he had set foot on Korean land. Ryeowook might have as well been wrong, and he only prayed to be, because another tough challenge would have been just too much to handle for the both of them.

And while Kyuhyun spoke of his brave knight-like intentions and promises, Ryeowook was struggling not to drown into those unpleasant thoughts. His lovers' words slipped past his ears as he told him he wanted to meet his parents already on the morrow - because the faster, the better, and they could fly back home without losing any more time.

"...and I was thinking of heading to the office as well later, just to check how the partnership project with New York is progressing..." at those words Kyuhyun, was interrupted by one deep peaceful sigh, and he looked down at Ryeowook, finding him fast asleep. 

He had to notice it from the fact that Ryeowook had already stopped giving him his replies a few minutes before, and by the way his slender fingers had loosen their grip on Kyuhyun's clothes.

Ryeowook's head fell a little bit backwards on the pillows and his hair fringe flipped back as well, clearing way for Kyuhyun -naturally attracted to Ryeowook as if they were the two opposite poles of a magnet, constantly looking one for the other- to kiss him softly good night.

"You were really tired..." he mumbled, lips still glued to the man's forehead, and smiled "...but still, you took in all my insecurities today, and never rested once during the trip. You did it for me..."

And for that I'm thankful, Ryeowook.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! This chapter might also look a little bit pointless (it's not, since what will happen next, will take place in Korea and here's the reason why they need to go back home) but because of the lack of action it might just look that way. However I really liked the idea of giving them the right fluff time, which clearly lacked in the previous series, and that's how I came up with this pretty long chapter for you. I hope you'll still enjoy it and leave some comments below ^^ I'll be working on the next parts from tomorrow, I promise! Love you all xxx