Birthday Resolutions - 1

All's Well What Ends...Well?

"Kyuhyun, I love you..."

That's all he could think of at that time of the morning, while he delicately the other man's hair.

Ryeowook was aware that soon he had to wake Kyuhyun up and get ready for their appointment, but the sight of his boyfriend, soundly sleeping in the warmth of their bed, was simply too precious and he rarely got the chance to keep an eye on him under those circumstances. It was usually the other way round.

After discussing about a difficult topic such as cheating or breaking up, Ryeowook had managed to calm down his lover and assure him that this one totally and unconditionally owned the key of his heart, however it had been several weeks after the chat, that Kyuhyun showed himself swinging between his usual possessiveness and a new, strange, but nonetheless acceptable, tenderness, which he often displayed in those crucial times when they were alone and got much more touchy and clingy one towards the other.

Ryeowook for sure didn't complain, but it was as if the younger man felt this constant need of cuddles and looked for his boyfriend's physical contact much more than what he had always been used to; a behavior, his, that was slowly getting a habit and whose nature the pianist couldn't really explain.

Sure, he liked having Kyuhyun always by his side, and didn't really ask for more, but feeling the hovering presence of the other man, who followed him everywhere around the house and grabbed onto his petite figure just like a koala could do to his ecaulyptus tree, was honestly getting a little bit tiring.

The pianist couldn't imagine that, even after several weeks from the day of their discussion, Kyuhyun could be still that bothered by that exchange of words. 

That was why Ryeowook couldn't restrain from making a little smile surface on his lips, as he laid on bed and held Kyuhyun's sleeping figure on his own body, feeling the man's chest pounding with life against his stomach. 

Kyuhyun was resting, sprawled on Ryeowook's still body, and held his hands on both Ryeowook's hips, as if he could freeze him in that position and use him as a comfortable pillow. Luckily, Kyuhyun wasn't laying entirely on Ryeowook's body, being him heavier than his lover, or he'd much hurt the latter one, but nevertheless he unconsciously blocked one of the pianist's leg in between his, as he profited of the softness and warmth issued by his boyfriend.

He didn't stir once, not even when Ryeowook's hand on his head fondled Kyuhyun's hair a little bit more decidedly, feeling the silky locks running between his thin fingers and tickling his own skin in what he could consider just like a caress.

Smirking in the dim light of their bedroom, the older man noticed the soft snores Kyuhyun was letting slip out of his slightly parted lips, and how cutely he frowned, clearly still tired by the whole night spent at the office. Ryeowook tilted his head on the feather soft pillow and managed to catch more glimpses of Kyuhyun's sleeping features, his dry lips as if he could successfully refrain his desire to kiss the other man, though a little bit too far from his reach. And therefore he let his hands freely roam on the defenseless man.

As soon as he was ready to let his free hand touch the soft lines of Kyuhyun's neck, peeping from his t-shirt collar, he stopped and held his breath, disturbed by the annoying beep of a phone. Ryeowook stayed still for a while, still a bit too sleepy to get the direction from where the noise could come from, but, once looked at his own left to check Kyuhyun's cellphone on this one's nightstand, he understood that the device was switched off, and that he had to look for his own in order to stop the buzzing vibration.

Turning his heads on both sides, he finally targeted with his eyes the place where he had forgotten his phone. Ryeowook hissed some curses under breath, when he realized that the soft chair, though situated on his side of the bed, was still too far for him to simply stretch a hand in that direction, and grab the thin rectangular tablet, visibly slipping out of his jeans pocket.

It broke his heart to know that his wriggling moves could wake Kyuhyun up, but he was really curious to know who was looking for him at that time of the morning. Ryeowook, careful not to shake too much Kyuhyun from his belly, slided the weight of his upper body on both his elbows, and tried to lean on his right hip, struggling and gritting his teeth in order to reach the edge of the bed, evidently failing.

Ryeowook completely failed at his task because not only his cellphone stopped ringing, but also because Kyuhyun, stirring and stretching, was whining like a baby for being disturbed.

"Damn!" Ryeowook hissed once again, his eyes fixed on the body moving on his own right over his. His strength soon abandoned him, as his elbows didn't support Kyuhyun's weight wound around his hips, and he fell again on the soft mattress with a thud.

Rising on his hands, Kyuhyun crawled on all four over Ryeowook's body. He was still dizzy and had his eyes squeezing shut, but soon he yawned and forced his eyelids fluttering open, directing his blurry sight on Ryeowook without really seeing him. He muttered and mumbled at a very low hoarse voice uncomprehensible things, and Ryeowook just caught the slurred question about what time of the day that was.

"Kyu, I'm sorry... Kyu? Sleep a little more" Ryeowook pleaded in a blow and tried to entour his boyfriend's shoulders with an arm, still not forgetting about grabbing the phone from his side. The older one had just moved his hips on the bed to get closer to his target, when Kyuhyun, sighing and strongly rubbing his face with both hands, decided to leave his comfortable place on his human pillow and sit on the edge of the bed.

There he looked even more terrible, as he still rubbed his eyes to erase the weariness of the sleep, but didn't fail to notice the object of Ryeowook's interest. Kyuhyun bent a little bit forwards and easily caught his boyfriend's phone, tossing it on the bed with a quick move of his wrist.

Ryeowook grabbed it and slided back up against the whole lot of pillows, resting seated against the headboard: "Thanks" he said with low volume and Kyuhyun groaned in reply.

"I hope all this mess was useful, at least" he added in a sharp sigh, that costed him a cough because he had breathed too fast, as he referred to his boyfriend's wriggles in bed.

Ryeowook's cheeks flushed in embarrassment, for having brutally woken his lover up, but his lips cracked a smile as soon as he checked the missing calls and a couple of texts, left in his inbox after realizing that he wouldn't pick the calls.

"It's your mother" Ryeowook explained, delighted by the texts he was reading: something about the menu they were having for lunch and the time they would arrive at the elder couple's house.

"What does she want?" Kyuhyun grumbled again, ruffling his hair in distress, but then stilled, struck by one unexpected thought, and turned around, facing Ryeowook with a puzzled expression: "How come do you exchange texts with my mother?" 

Shrugging, Ryeowook slipped a bit more comfortably against the pile of pillows and pulled the thick covers higher on his body, to keep the warm temperature: "She asked my phone number as an emergency backup. You know, when you are not quite reachable" he explained.

"Besides..." Ryeowook halted his sentence, just to gather a little bit of time to recollect his thoughts and come up with a pretty decent reply for Kyuhyun's mother. When he finished, he left his phone somewhere on the mattress and proceeded to approach Kyuhyun, leaning against his back as he wrapped the other man in a strong hug: "...do you know what day it is, right?"

His breath hit Kyuhyun's cheek and made him shiver, as he tried to sound as alluring as possible and his small hands looked to pave their way on the man's chest, brushing on the cotton fabric of his t-shirt.

Kyuhyun tilted his head on his left shoulder, leaving access to Ryeowook's loving pecks on his neck. He grinned and let a little laugh, his own hands quickly grabbing the other man's and feeling his t-shirt being clutched in Ryeowook's fingers: "You tell me" he challenged his boyfriend, clicking his tongue.

Sure that Kyuhyun knew the right answer, but he only wanted to play around, replying that way, Ryeowook sighed before finally answering: "Happy birthday, Kyu" he said, with his soft and most sensual whisper, while his lips already grazed Kyuhyun's throat and began to in small round pecks.

The younger one briefly closed his eyes and moaned, ecstatic, squeezing Ryeowook's hands in his, before he could grin wider and open eyes again, this time turning his whole body as he opened his boyfriend's grip from around his shoulders, and climbed on bed again, pushing the other one down and crawling over his prey, blocking the man as best as he could.

Pleasantly paralysed by Kyuhyun's hovering body, Ryeowook laid with both arms and legs spread open, intently gazing into his lover's eyes, which had slowly acquired their usual burning glisten despite the early awakening. He giggled and his voice raised as he wriggled, bearing Kyuhyun's warm fingertips ing his pajama shirt, pulling apart the two sides to reveal the soft skin of Ryeowook's stomach, his pillow for that past night.

"What are you doing?! Kyu!" Ryeowook chuckled, trying to wriggle from the solid grip, but in truth he was only delighted to feel those hands on his body, his abdomen while the other man's eyes never left his, too focused on their shimmering light.

"What do you think I am doing, right now?" Kyuhyun snapped back, twitching his mouth in a grin of pleasure "I'm opening my brithday present!" he said with much insolent confidence, as he bent to kiss the uncovered inches of milky white, smooth skin, grazing it with his hot lips as he freely moved on Ryeowook's shivering body.

The ticklish sensation was driving Ryeowook crazy, who didn't know anymore what to do: should he keep silent and bear those kisses, allowing them to be disastrously late to the birthday lunch at Kyuhyun's parents', or refuse those cuddles and lead the both of them into a strict sequence of things to do - like washing up, getting dressed, having breakfast, preparing the car, and so on - in order to reach their destination on time? The choice was so arduous.

Ryeowook squeezed his eyes shut and strongly pressed his back on the bed, feeling the sweet torture his upper body was being inflicted by the skillful mouth of his boyfriend. He didn't even realize that he actually liked how those every hickeys were left on his skin with such precision, until when he let out a too evident wailing moan and grabbed Kyuhyun's shoulders to push him away from his s. 

Kyuhyun lifted himself from his crawling position, and took his time to thoroughly scan Ryeowook's flushed cheeks, blinking in confusion as he had never heard anything similar to that wail before: "Wh-what was that?" he asked, startled, as his eyes couldn't leave the whimpering mess he had made of his lover.

Ryeowook blushed even harder, wanting to hide somewhere cooler where he could have erased that strange hotness spread all over his face, but probably, even if he were to cool down at the North Pole, he'd have only worsened the current situation of ice melting for how much hot he felt his whole body, and it wasn't surely preferred.

In the meanwhile, he could still feel the back of his throat vibrate for letting out that strange sound he didn't know his voice could produce. Well, neither Kyuhyun, since he had this frowning questioning stare fixed on Ryeowook's flushed cheeks and was forced to halt his doings: "I-I...I'm sorry, Kyu" Ryeowook mumbled an apology, turning away his head and thus averting his boyfriend's eyecontact.

"For what?" Kyuhyun asked, slowly opening in a quite wide grin, before nuzzling again under Ryeowook's neck, making this one jolt in surprise "Are we overly sensitive today?" the man teased his meaningful other and resumed his gentle touch on the latter one's chest, brushing fingers against his ribs.

"I-I don't know" Ryeowook uncertainly replied, bringing one hand before his mouth, nervously nibbling the tip of his thumb "You never made me feel this good with just little pecks" he revealed, careful to avoid words that might have stung Kyuhyun's pride, when it came to his known reputation as a lover.

"Then, this means that today you want me more than what you really think" Kyuhyun had still his victorious grin plastered on his lips, while he quietly grabbed Ryeowook's chin in his hand and slowly turned the man's head, so that their eyes could once again lock into contact "Don't worry. I love when you squeak and moan this much, baby. Knowing that you are enjoying yourself makes me feel exceptionally good, you know?" and with one caring, affectionate smile Kyuhyun ducked his own chin to reach Ryeowook's lips.

"Because you're just too conceited about yourself!" Ryeowook scoffed, immediately smacking Kyuhyun's back, who frowned in a little grimace of pain "Come on, get up!" he sighed and managed to push Kyuhyun down on the other side of the mattress "We should get going"

"Damn, Ryeowook! It's just 8 in the morning, my parents aren't expecting us to go there before noon!" Kyuhyun complained, sitting on bed and watching Ryeowook wearing his slippers and walking across the room to pull the curtains open "My mother never changed her habit of waking up very early since when Ahra and I attended school, that's why she texted you!"

"She texted me because your cellphone was turned off" Ryeowook explained in front of the mirror. After wearing Kyuhyun's larger hoodie over his pajama, he stood there fighting with some rebel locks on his fringe, ruffling more than once his whole hair to get a decent result, not willing to give up.

"Yeah, uhm...it needs to be charged, therefore I simply turned it off" Kyuhyun shrugged, quite a lot elusive, but Ryeowook didn't seem to care.

"Get your lazy up, birthday man, because I promised your mother my help in the kitchen today, unless you don't want us to cook all your favorite dishes!" Ryeowook threatened him one last time, before disappearing beyond the door, on the stairs.

Puzzled by that behavior, the young man couldn't help but sigh while staring briefly at the ceiling. Much tired, he managed to reach the edge of his bedside, where he sat, and decided to take a look at his cellphone. He seemed to have forgotten the reason why he preferred to keep the device perfectly mute, but it didn't take too long for it to resurface in his mind again: in his inbox and calls list, there were traces of a requested contact by Jiwon, which he purposefully ignored, annoyed by each attempt of meeting or word exchange that the girl was seeking for. Angered, he groaned in distress, still feeling persecuted by the events of some weeks before.

"Is my lazy boyfriend still in bed?!" Kyuhyun heard Ryeowook's playful squeaks coming from downstairs and he finally got up, sighing and rubbing his tired eyes once again, wanting no more than spending his birthday in a serene way with his loved ones. His cellphone was simply left on the bed, turned off to prevent further nuisances to reach him.

"I'm coming! What's with all this rush?" he yawned as soon as he had surpassed the kitchen door and entered the room. However he soon had to halt in his tracks and take quite a while to understand what was happening, because Ryeowook, happy and bouncy since earlier before, stood right next to the kitchen counter, holding a lighter in one hand. One long, thin and colorful candle was successfully lit - more for showcase purpose, than to display Kyuhyun's age - and towered, with its flickering flame, on top of a round cake, which was totally covered in whirls of whipping cream and topped with a decoration of mixed berries.

Gleaming in joy, Ryeowook presented the creation of his patisserie efforts, every single one of them spent the night before, when Kyuhyun was still at the office for an emergency meeting. Throwing a curious glance at his gladly surprised boyfriend, Ryeowook nervously bit his bottom lip, anticipating Kyuhyun's reaction to his work.

"You hid this wonder from me?" Kyuhyun asked, stepping in Ryeowook's direction and grabbing his waist with much easiness, pulling him closer into his arms, without ever averting his astonished eyes from the cake.

Ryeowook nodded, giggling, as he closed his arms around Kyuhyun's neck and from there looked down at the cake as well: "Hurry up, because you'll have more, since your mother said I'm in charge of preparing another dessert when we reach your parent's house" 

"I really wonder what you two plotted against me, this time" Kyuhyun snorted, planting a smirking peck on the pianist's temple.

"No need to be afraid, we both love you and we're showing you this way" Ryeowook replied, hinting at what was to be a generous and delicious lunch, one usually worth a king's taste "Now, come on. Blow the candle and make a wish!" still wrapped in that hug, the petite man's hands slipped on Kyuhyun's chest as this one, accepting the suggestion, made the both of them lean over the cake.

"I wish to have Kim Ryeowook always by my side, till the end of my days" he whispered with full voice, before rounding his lips and blowing on the candle to extinguish the little flame, replaced by a thin streak of grey smoke.

"That's not the way you are supposed to do it!" Ryeowook pouted then "You must not say your wish, you just have to keep it for yourself otherwise it won't come true!" 

"Do you really believe it?" Kyuhyun laughed at how much overflowing cuteness his lover could convey with just a little apparent deceived pout of his.

"Well..." Ryeowook began, shrugging for not being really able to recall a single time in which cake wishes weren't granted after saying them out loud. Perhaps it was only one of the many urban legends...

He soon forgot to look for those examples though, because Kyuhyun had already placed his hand on the fruits atop the cake, picking a plump, juicy blackberry and making it disappear in his mouth. Ryeowook looked at the other man smiling while eating, and fell in love again. It was especially when Kyuhyun lightly widened his round dark eyes and smiled, combining his two rosy lips together, that, looking almost like an innocent quiet baby, Ryeowook's heart accelerated its pace and pounded with love, stronger than ever.

The pianist immediately chose a little strawberry from the mix and, plucking it with two fingers, offered it to Kyuhyun's mouth, which gladly parted to accept the token. He thought that Kyuhyun would have munched it all, but this one, instead, waited for Ryeowook to join him. Since the older man didn't immediately understand his intentions, Kyuhyun moved one hand from Ryeowook's waist and reached the man's left hand placed on his own chest, squeezing it like in an encouragement signal. Ryeowook shyly smiled, but understood and soon tiptoed to meet Kyuhyun, welcoming the other round side of the strawberry in his mouth.

One clear move allowed them to share the fruit and enjoy the sweetest kiss ever...until Ryeowook gasped and laughed in the kiss, trying to wriggle from the hand that had profited of his quietness to unexpectedly and generously get a squeeze of his bottom.

"This..." Ryeowook pushed Kyuhyun away and swallowed his bite of strawberry "...is ual harassment, mister Cho!" he poked at the taller man's cheek with a finger, annoyed by that seemingly irreverent smirk "I know that I can't lower my guard whenever you are around"

"Then please put me in jail and throw the key away, because it appears clear that I can't get enough of being with you. At this rate I've already abused of you countless times!" saying that, Kyuhyun his lips from the strawberry juice spilled when the berry was split between their lips "It's my hobby..." he sighed.

"Shouldn't you change it?" Ryeowook uselessly suggested, perfectly knowing the the answer.

"I could..." Kyuhyun stopped just to kiss Ryeowook's forehead again "...but you like it, therefore I won't. I find nothing wrong in keeping my hands on my baby" 

"Yeah, sure. But at this rate, we will never start getting ready to leave" Ryeowook replied, while being gently pulled under the crook of Kyuhyun's neck, where his own breath hit the visible skin in a warm blow "I promise, you'll have me as your present, but later tonight. Be patient and I'll let you do on me anything you wish for"

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, puffing cheeks in a clearly not pleased grimace, in fact he was far from be happy about the conditions Ryeowook was setting. It was his birthday, yet he couldn't have his lover all for himself, nor cuddle with him or kiss him or even hold his hand, because they were to be confined all day long in his parents' house, where their love seemed to be labelled as wrong, risky and probably sinful. How could he be able to get a hold of himself and patiently wait until they could reach home again? Ryeowook was too mean for asking such a thing!

While he was lost in his little delusions, he didn't notice that Ryeowook had managed to slip away from his arms, and turned around on the other side of the counter, where he was pouring coffee in a mug: "Wait there, you!" Kyuhyun ordered, suspicious "Where's the real Ryeowook? He'd never promise me such fun so freely! You must be a fake..." he pouted in the end, sitting on a high chair.

Ryeowook offered him the filled hot coffee mug and it was his turn to smirk at that statement: "You don't believe me?" he asked, while Kyuhyun vigorously shook his head "I know what I said, so trust me, it's not a trick. I'll let you do whatever you want on me, with the only condition that we don't arrive too late at your parents'. This is not the right time for being naughty, Kyu" cutting a slice of cake and resting it on a plate, Ryeowook sunk his fork on the soft vanilla sponge, digging in the berries flavored yogurt cream, and began feeding Kyuhyun.

Unwilling at first, Kyuhyun puffed his cheeks in a small pout before giving up and allowing himself to taste his birthday cake. However, thinking the better of it, Ryeowook never ate back his words, and, if he had just given him his permission to do anything he wished for, it meant surely just as much. It sounded such a promising night, and, looking forward to it with quite a lot of anticipation, Kyuhyun already couldn't seem to stop his brain from making plans and think of anything that could have helped them spending a very unforgettable intimate night.

"You should bake me cakes for breakfast everyday!" Kyuhyun suggested, cheeks full like a chipmunk as he chewed a larger bite of the sweet.

"In your dreams" Ryeowook rolled his eyes and replied very casually, feeding the man with another bite of cake, and lifting his teacup with the other hand.

"Adding that to the list" he sighed "You don't know how many things you do in my dreams, that you probably would never do in real life!" grinning for those naughty allusions, Kyuhyun revealed a stain of whipping cream at a corner of his mouth.

"I'd prefer never to know then. What I don't know, won't hurt me, right?" Ryeowook lowered his eyes and focused on his jasmine green tea "You've got cream all over your mouth" he pointed out, leaving the fork as Kyuhyun already rested both his elbows on the table and leaned forwards, approaching Ryeowook and hoping that his boyfriend could do the same and decrease the distance.

"Kiss me then and help me to get rid of it" Kyuhyun sounded almost commanding in his little tease.

The other man, seated right in front of his boyfriend, moved just like Kyuhyun and supported his weight on his elbows, getting closer and closer "Sure" he whispered, wanting to sound as sensual as possible. Excitedly waiting for his kiss, Kyuhyun smirked even wider, but soon had to change idea...and expression, because no kiss ever reached his lips. Instead, Ryeowook took a paper tissue and shoved it on Kyuhyun's mouth, staying there as if glued thanks to the smeared cream.

"You know how to hold a fork, right? Then go on and finish your cake on your own. I'll go have a shower now and...no, don't even think of joining me, because I'll lock the door!" Ryeowook quickly added, extinguishing the excitement in Kyuhyun's twinkling eyes.

"I'll leave your change of clean clothes on the bed" Ryeowook added. Walking around the table and chuckling in a delighted state for having tricked his more expert boyfriend, the petite man entoured Kyuhyun's shoulders and pulled him closer to peck the top of his head, before leaving him completely alone in the kitchen, unaware of the shocked widened eyes that were following him on the back, when walking out of the door.

---ooo---

"I'm starting to get worried about what you'll have to do with all this stuff!" Kyuhyun snapped, as he helped Ryeowook to collect the shopping bags which miraculously fit in the car.

On their way to Kyuhyun's parents', Ryeowook had been kindly asked to buy last minute missing ingredients which would be soon used to prepare lunch. The tour at the supermarket unexpectedly lasted longer and, although they ran a little bit late, Ryeowook managed to get everything needed, a whole lot of supplies now divided into six heavy bags.

"It's not that heavy!" Ryeowook told him, making the effort of lifting Kyuhyun from the weight of two bags, leaving him with carrying the other four. He walked into the garden of the familiar villa and reached the threshold, ringing the bell while Kyuhyun followed along.

"Sorry, we're late" Kyuhyun muttered as soon as her mother appeared at the door, her face already beaming in joy as her eyes landed on her son.

The two men were gladly welcomed and they moved straight to the kitchen to rest their bags. Soon after straightening up again, Kyuhyun was attacked by the trailing presence of his mother, who was following the duo from the main entrance to the other room, and now blocked his taller son in a squeezing hug, exclaiming her birthday wishes, and putting much emphasis on the fact that Kyuhyun had grown up really fast without even realize the passing time.

He turned for a while, smirking, very happy for being surrounded by those loved ones, but he suddenly stopped on his spot because he had just met his father standing not too far away from the living room arched door.

Kyuhyun widened his eyes, astonished for witnessing what was probably the best present he could ever get - besides Ryeowook - because his old father, who swung between his usual bad health and rare brief moments of nice condition, this time showed a surprisingly good state.

Carefully helping himself with a rigid cane, he even walked uncertain steps towards Kyuhyun, showing a smile which, coming from a strict man like he was, surely meant a lot: "Good that you finally came! Your mother swore not to start cooking unless Ryeowook was here, so I was fearing that I might have never filled my stomach today!" he laughed, hoarsely.

Kyuhyun hugged him, even if a bit too awkwardly, still not fully used to those displays of affection with his older father, and listened to this one's birthday wishes as well.

"Grumpy man, don't worry! I've got my hidden ace now" Kyuhyun's mother gently tugged Ryeowook's arm to get him closer and smiled widely, not noticing Ryeowook's growing embarrassment, as this one blushed from the received compliments and tried to hide his face behind a hand "You can go and wait in the other room, while we cook. In the meanwhile Kyuhyun, you could also do me a favor and set the table"

It appeared clear that Ryeowook wasn't the only one who bossed Kyuhyun around, whenever too busy in the kitchen. Old habits never really died.

Drawing a long deep sigh, he threw a last glance at Ryeowook, knowing that they would stay away from each other at least a couple of full hours and therefore wanting to imprint in his mind the neat beautiful image of his boyfriend, as if scared he might have forgotten what he looked while bearing the separation, and turned heels, disappearing in the other room with his father, already plunged deep into a conversation about work.

The plump little woman giggled by herself, as she closed and locked the door, winking in Ryeowook's direction: "This lunch will be a surprise, we won't let my son spoil our efforts, right?" she abandoned her place from against the flat white surface and walked to the squared kitchen island, rummaging in the plastic bags to draw many different ingredients.

Ryeowook took the red apron she was handing him and tied it around neck and waist, to prevent his brand new jumper to get dirty and stained. Focusing eyes on what the woman was doing, he soon was instructed to collect very specific ingredients and gather them together on one corner of the table: "I want to teach you how to prepare a perfect tiramisu" she exclaimed, animatedly clapping her hands.

"You said you never tried, and I think it's time for my son to deal with it once again" she sighed as she concluded her statement, stirring curiosity in the other man.

"I don't particularly like coffee, therefore I never really considered to learn how to prepare this dessert" Ryeowook explained, still confused by the words she said about Kyuhyun.

"You should, instead. It's always been Kyuhyun's favorite" she explained, setting aside some vegetables, to open the egg box. Leaving the stuff on the counter, the woman turned to grab a bowl and proceeded to mix eggs with sugar there.

"I didn't know..." Ryeowook couldn't stop to blush, taken aback by what he still didn't know about his boyfriend. Why didn't he ever mention a silly thing like that one? He'd have gladly learned how to prepare his favorite dessert, if only Kyuhyun could wisely use that lovely mouth of his for purposes other than teasing him, or kissing, or...

"I can get why you don't know" Kyuhyun's mother lowered her eyes on the yellowish mixture she was quickly stirring in the bowl. The speed of her moves decreased, as if she had been suddenly struck by a thunderbolt, and lingered on the edge of the table for dear life. A couple of sobs interrupted the silence, and Ryeowook couldn't help but intently stare at the woman who was on the verge of crying, feeling slightly useless for not knowing how to comfort her: "This was Ahra's favorite dessert, to be honest. When Kyuhyun was little, he copied everything Ahra did, including getting to like tiramisu. After her death, he'd hate even hearing the name"

She was trembling while holding the metallic whisk and Ryeowook, placing both his hands on the woman's shoulders, patted softly and tried to calm her down, until she turned in his direction and handed him the bowl, asking for help: "Would you mind?"

Shaking his head once and much pleased to be of any help, Ryeowook tried to comfort her with a gentle smile as he grabbed the bowl and started again the stirring motion, just like she did before, until the mixture got softer and bubbly.

"I'll tell you a little story" looking around the kitchen, Kyuhyun's mother walked away from Ryeowook's side just to get back to it soon after grabbing a tissue, which she used to wipe away her tears: "You know, coffee taste is really bitter, plus it is definitely not healthy for little kids, just like Kyuhyun was, therefore we would never allow him to eat the original dessert or he might have turned too hyperactive. However, one day Ahra, who didn't want me to stop preparing it because of Kyuhyun's sensitive reaction, came up with the idea of trying a different version and employ chocolate and cocoa powder instead."

The woman interrupted her words and glanced up at the ceiling, in a figurative way to reach for her late daughter who was somewhere up above and protected them all: "Well, it worked and Kyuhyun never really told the difference. He felt extremely happy and proudly said he was quickly growing up because he could eat something which contained coffee, just like adults" she laughed dearly and contagiously, making Ryeowook smile at the tender memory of his lover acting stubborn and prideful even as a child.

"That's okay for now" Kyuhyun's mother instructed and helped with unpacking ingredients for the following steps "We add this and stir everything again with more strength" she said, pouring a large quantity of a sweet creamy cheese.

"Why do you want me to learn this recipe?" after keeping silent for long, Ryeowook took the courage to ask, not without blushing a little bit for his bluntness.

"I want you to prepare this for him everytime he feels down. I fear he never completely recovered from the loss and this might help him feel more like at home, you know?" the woman once again left him to get the coffee jar and pour the dark drink in another smaller bowl, where she soaked crispy ladyfinger biscuits until these absorbed the liquid through its spongey consistence, and were ready to be integrated in the final composition.

Ryeowook nodded then, taking the task as extremely important. After all, according to the woman's words, it was just another mean to pamper and soften his beloved Kyuhyun, he couldn't simply stay still when the chance of knowing many more little things about the man was basically shoved into his face with such generosity. Kyuhyun never mentioned how really attached he was to this kind of dessert, and, following his own particular tastes, Ryeowook never bothered to ask, but he guessed he could understand that certain people remained linked to old treasured memories through certain senses rather than others. 

Just like he happened to better recall past events by listening to sounds, musics and melodies, or smell specific sweet scents, Kyuhyun had got infallible gifted taste buds and a very sensitive touch, which were only improving his already genius-like status.

"Is there a chance for me to see Kyuhyun as a little child?" Ryeowook asked, his cheeks flushed with hot blood as he averted the woman's stare and focused on building layers of buiscuits and cream, too scared to be caught for blushing in that usual embarrassing way of his.

"Don't worry dear, I already planned on expose all baby Kyuhyun's embarrassing funny pictures after lunch!" she grinned, and Ryeowook understood where Kyuhyun's habit came from. After all sons had to take something from their parents.

"I can't believe he turned twenty-nine today!" she let out a sigh in between sadness, blaming the unmerciful fast-forwards motion of time, and resignation, since her son could actually grow into a great example of a man.

The two cooks stood again side by side, while Ryeowook finished his first attempted tiramisu by sprinkling cocoa powder on top and, following the woman's suggestions, made it rest in the fridge. After a while he was ready to face the other tasks and fought with a generous amount of vegetables to wash, clean and cut in smaller pieces. Every move he took around that kitchen, he did it thinking of the final outcome, thinking of how happily Kyuhyun would have smiled at the sight of all that homemade food. Imperceptibly squeaking and giggling by himself, the pianist executed every task at his best, having his boyfriend in his mind and unawarily confirming that he did really pour all his love while cooking for the latter one, after all.

After thoroughly completing every step needed to cook a perfect lunch, including a hot seaweed soup, privilege reserved to the birthday man, the four of them began eating all together. Just like this, the day went quickly by as the little family enjoyed the gathering, filling their stomachs and chitchatting like they usually did at each visit made by the two young men.

Ryeowook couldn't hide his thrilling excitement as he finally enjoyed a proper gathering, perhaps that was the couple's longer visit ever made since their return in Korea. Although it was difficult not to feel even a tiny bit evnious of Kyuhyun's luck, Ryeowook never truly felt out of place, like it probably should have been, since that wasn't his family of origin. After so many years on his own, he also forgot how having a true family around felt like. If he were asked to, the pianist couldn't describe the feeling, but the difference in loss was surely too palpable.

A longing smile appeared on his face as he lowered his eyes and focused them on the bunch of little, thin marinated soybean sprouts he had just picked with his silver chopsticks.

Kyuhyun, who sat at the table just on Ryeowook's right side, turned his head and caught a glimpse of that sad smile. Worried, he successfully sneaked a hand under table and reached for Ryeowook's thigh, which he gently and squeezed, knowing that none of the two elderly people could notice the gesture.

"When are you two going back to Paris?" Kyuhyun's father suddenly asked, discreetely eyeing the tender smile his son was exchanging with the man known as his friend.

"What? Are you telling your son that he should go back to the other side of the world, now?" his wife, standing up to collect and stack some of the now empty dirty dishes, threw him a bad, scolding glare: "Aren't you grateful he's spending some time with us?" the old man then lifted an eyebrow, not sure of how or when his wife began nagging that much. 

"No, dad's right" Kyuhyun replied, leaving his set of chopsticks and, still not letting go of Ryeowook's thigh, sunk in his chair, massaging his full stomach with his other hand: "We should go back at some point. Ryeowook's got classes to resume..."

"Don't get me wrong, but if he really has to, Ryeowook can go back to Paris on his own. Though, I'd be very sad to say goodbye" Kyuhyun's mother interrupted her son and innocently stated, halting in her tracks while balancing a pile of little bowls that previously contained some sidedishes "If I didn't know that you two are friends, I'd probably say that you're a dating couple!" she chuckled on her way to the kitchen, not knowing that her sentence actually made Ryeowook choke on his sip of water.

"Are you okay?" Kyuhyun turned in his direction, patting Ryeowook's back as he wanted to help him soothe his harsh coughing.

"I-I'm f-fine!" Ryeowook nodded, his face tinted of a brighter pink for a reason equally divided between the almost suffocation and the statement about the two of them dating. The old man couldn't help, but simply burst into genuine laughter.

"I'm preparing coffee right now" Kyuhyun's mother's voice echoed from the kitchen "Ryeowook, would you like to have your tea right now with me, or..." she popped up from under the arched door and asked.

"Now is fine, thank you" still a bit embarrassed, the pianist nodded, accepting the request. The woman went back to the kitchen for a while, before reaching Ryeowook's side and, brightly smiling, winked to the pianist, clueless to the quick slap this one gave to Kyuhyun's hand on his leg, forcing it away: "I'm going to look for those pictures I promised you earlier, would you mind to serve dessert for everyone in the meantime?" she asked with a light squeeze on Ryeowook's shoulder, who immediately nodded and stood up, directed towards the other room.

"Wait?! Which pictures are you talking about?!" Kyuhyun's voice raised in a worryingly way, his eyes slightly widened as he didn't know which figure to follow: Ryeowook's headed to the kitchen, or his mother's disappearing somewhere upstairs.

"If I know your mother, she was probably trading Ryeowook's help with your childhood pictures" his father closed eyes and nodded, his mouth curled into a grimace of wise resignation.

"What?!" alarmed, Kyuhyun abruptly stood up and ran to reach Ryeowook in the kitchen, wanting to know more about the pictures' matter.

Ryeowook suddenly jolted, as he felt two hands strongly gripping him around the waist and pulling his whole body into a back hug. The petite man, shocked by that unexpected move, turned to look into Kyuhyun's eyes, not understanding why he was now breaking all their set taboos while staying at his parents'.

He quickly wriggled from the hold, annoyedly hissing incomprehensible curses: "Kyu!" Ryeowook whined, already red all over his face, which wasn't the only place of his body where blood flushed furiosly. His heartbeat had gone crazy for fear of being caught that close.

"What's the matter with the picutres?" Kyuhyun asked, threatening Ryeowook with a kiss, if he didn't reply.

"I want to see baby Kyuhyun! Your mother promised me some of your old pictures from childhood!" Ryeowook planted both his palms on Kyuhyun's face and tried to push him away from that dangerous hovering position on his lips, since this one practically envelopped the pianist in a tight, unreleasing hug.

"You needed to ask for my permission, first!" Kyuhyun umperceptibly growled to play around, loving to piss Ryeowook off that much with his being touchy. But really, he couldn't control himself.

"Okay, I'm asking you now!" Ryeowook replied with a frown, slipping hands between their bodies, thinking he could better push his boyfriend away and increase the rate of success in that way: "Let me go, please! What if your parents saw us? - he pleaded with thin, scared voice - You heard what your mother said! We are already enough suspicious! I don't want her to be upset, if she discovers that we are actually a dating couple!"

"We are beyond that!" Kyuhyun corrected him in a smirk, letting go of Ryeowook's waist. The pianist tried to back off some more steps, but Kyuhyun was faster and swiftly grabbed both his boyfriend's wrists in one hand, making him twirl around so that Ryeowook was once again trapped in the other man's embrace, feeling his towering presence glued to his back.

"Kyu!" Ryeowook whined again, completely wrapped in those strong arms. Kyuhyun's left hand held his wrists pressed on the petite man's chest, while his right arm was placed on his belly. He finally secured the grip by resting his chin on Ryeowook's right shoulder. He didn't seem to have noticed the dessert resting on the counter just before them.

"This is..." taken aback by what he saw, a speechless Kyuhyun immediately opened his mouth to say something, before realizing that he wasn't really able. Too many memories were flowing back into his mind.

"...tiramisu" Ryeowook softly replied, profiting of that standby moment to try slipping his hands away. He had just successfully pulled one from the grip, when Kyuhyun, understanding what was happening, snapped out and closed his fingers around the wrist he was still holding, startling Ryeowook for his speed.

"Your mother believes that you could suffer from homesickness in Paris, so she taught me how to prepare this" Ryeowook explained, his eyes set on the brownish cocoa powder sprinkled on the surface of the dessert.

"How can I be homesick, when I'm perfectly fine in Paris? You are my home, Ryeowook, I don't need anything else" Kyuhyun pressed his lips on his boyfriend's ear and whispered softly, making the other man pleasantly shiver in his arms.

"Your way of being romantic never fails to amaze me, Kyu" Ryeowook replied in an adoring sigh as he closed his eyes and selfishly enjoyed the warmth issued by those strong arms wound around his body, which began to rock him lightly from side to side.

"Is it a positive thing, right?" Kyuhyun nibbled the lobe of his ear, their exchanged whispers almost inaudible then.

"Definitely positive" Ryeowook confirmed with a giggle, trying to turn around in the rocking embrace and respond to it with one as tight as Kyuhyun's. He didn't find his way to succeed in the task though, because Kyuhyun was yet again too fast and nuzzled on Ryeowook's neck. While sneaking one warm hand underneath Ryeowook's clothes, his fingers brushed past below the rubber band of his boyfriend's underwear, aiming for the trail of thin veins that could lead him further down.

"C-can't you be...a little bit more considerate?" Ryeowook gasped. Torn between a little moment of unexpected wanting lust and the mounting fear of being caught red-handed, the petite man strongly grabbed with both hands the forearm Kyuhyun used to block him by the shoulders, and dug his nails on the soft fabric of the man's cardigan.

"You know I'm not even half as considerate as you'd like me to be" Kyuhyun replied in a little scoff before his tongue could resume the man's jaw "And right now, I can't really get a hold of myself, I'm sorry. I don't care about the others, I care about you and me only"

"Try to stop, for God's sake!" Ryeowook moaned in between his gritted teeth "Your parents are here and..." he had to stop talking or the only thing he could have let out of his mouth, would more likely be another dangerous squeal of pleasure "...we are in the kitchen!" he tried to make Kyuhyun reason with an unconvincingly indignated scoff.

"What's with it? I've always fancied doing it in the kitchen" Kyuhyun pressed a smirk on Ryeowook's throat, delighted by the heavy breath he was listening to.

"O-okay, let's do it in the kitchen, but not here, please! As soon as we go home you can have me wherever you want, as many times you want just...stop! You're freaking me out! I don't want your parents to find us in this state" Ryeowook whimpered and pleaded, trying to convince Kyuhyun to let him go. Fear was taking the better side now, as he thought of either one of Kyuhyun's parents bursting in the kitchen and finding their son's hand literally busy in his friend's pants. 

How would he be able to explain that to the old couple?

Oh, well, we lied to you. In fact I'm your son's boyfriend, we are madly in love with each other and it happens that Kyuhyun is one hell of a man, who can't stop getting his hands on me whenever we are together. Since today is his birthday, I allowed him to unleash his every fantasy in order to relieve him from the pressing stress as best as I can. It seems that everything from me is much of a turn on for Kyuhyun... 

Ryeowook violently shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut, pushing the strange thought far far away from his weakened mind. It wasn't the right time to have this kind of inner speeches within himself.

Suddenly Kyuhyun sighed, sounding defeated and convinced. He unexpectedly released both Ryeowook's arms and took his hand out of the man's jeans, headed to the sink in order to wash up. Startled for the sudden move that interrupted his laboured breath, Ryeowook bumped with his right hand into the edge of the counter and, trying to cling onto the border, accidentally dipped one finger into the first plate of dessert he had almost finished filling.

"Kyuhyun!" Ryeowook exclaimed then, totally in distress and on the verge of a serious nerve-wrecking collapse. He waved his cream dirty finger right before Kyuhyun's face, sadly pouting because he was too scared and anxious to predict Kyuhyun's moves, whom, on the other hand, didn't do anything to calm him down, if not the very opposite.

"Come on, it's not a big deal. I'll help you" Kyuhyun reassuringly smiled.

Turning again in Ryeowook's direction, he took the man in his embrace and his hair to calm him. He gently took his boyfriend's hand too and parted his lips to welcome the tiramisu flavored finger, which he without many compliments, clearing the cream off with such precision, that Ryeowook couldn't do much but deal once again with his fast pounding heart. It was such an intimate and delicate gesture, and he loved whenever Kyuhyun played with his hands, he loved the man's kisses on his skin and the neverending chills he got rolling along his spine.

"W-what if..." he weakly questioned, once again pleasantly speechless, his low mumble almost inaudible and interrupted by a gasp when Kyuhyun, done with tasting his dessert in that unconventional way, kissed his hand, lingering a lot on his palm. It seemed just like one of thir usual shared moments, but Kyuhyun simply loved to nuzzle on Ryeowook's neck, ready to find his sensible spot on the soft skin behind the ear.

Soon Ryeowook found himself closing his eyes and blindly looking for his boyfriend's arm with his free hand, grabbing his fluffy cardigan, firmly clutching it in his fingers, while Kyuhyun wound it around his small waist, completely wrapping him again.

Totally defenseless, this time Ryeowook seemed not to care about their surroundings anymore, because the way Kyuhyun had it too easy on him was so contagious and convincing that the pianist tilted his head to give the other man more access, and Kyuhyun followed along, as he ducked his chin just a little while before placing his lips on his boyfriend's jawline, travelling until he found Ryeowook's lips: "No one is here, except for you and me" Kyuhyun breathed a whisper as he combined their mouths together, in some small pecks at first, then in teasing nibbling bites and finally deepened the kiss, trying his best to hold a bit of self-control to avoid making Ryeowook a too loud mess of moans, which could dangerously happen in any time.

The sensation for breaking Ryeowook's set of rules, and touching, hugging and kissing him that inappropriately in his parents' house, was quickly poisoning his senses, as he wanted no other thing than loving his soulmate wilder than ever in broad light, without anyone to judge or tell them it was wrong. His excitement was quickly taking the better of him and he abruptly stopped, when he realized that the hand, that he pressed on Ryeowook's back, was sneaking again underneath his jumper and grazed up and down the warm line of his spine with his thumb.

"Yummy, the tiramisu was exceptionally yummy..." he laughed, coming up with illogical nonsense when parting from a messy Ryeowook. This one looked so shocked he didn't know how to react: too many little yet meaningful things happened in less than five minutes, his mind was totally blown away and he gasped for air as if on the point of dying, suffocated.

"It's okay, baby. My parents didn't see anything! We are alone!" noticed his dumbfounded expression, Kyuhyun kept on Ryeowook's hair to calm him: "I'm sorry for taking advantage of you this way, I'm sorry for breaking the rules, but I can't help! I love you!" he apologized and admitted, planting a chaste peck on Ryeowook's forehead

"This would be obvious in my parents' eyes, if, and I repeat if they ever saw us. But that's not the case, though I'm truly looking forward to introduce you as my lover instead." Kyuhyun sighed.

Still unsure on how to react, Ryeowook simply nodded, allowing himself to be pulled into another hug, this time clutching Kyuhyun's clothes on the back as if to brace himself. He sighed as well, thinking of how much he'd have gladly paid in order to have such an understanding family around, to be loved and accepted just like Kyuhyun was. He wanted to be part of that family, his family, and his strict convictions, about keeping their relationship hidden from the two older people, were slowly but inesorably falling apart, leaving place for a mounting impatience. Ryeowook wanted nothing more but become Kyuhyun's only source of happiness.

However, little Kyuhyun knew that he was wrong, so very wrong, when saying that nobody saw them.

Not intending to spy on purpose the couple of young men exchanging loving gestures, uncertain steps retracted from the doorframe, allowing Kyuhyun's father to reach the coziness and comfort of his favorite softchair, where he sat and pretended to leaf through a newspaper.

Although very small, a crease on his mouth appeared, indicating that the man was smiling for what he had just seen.

After a little while, he was rejoined by the couple, which looked happy and seemed not able to stop giggling while carrying two dessert plates each into the living room. It was their contagious happiness that clicked and everything made perfectly sense for Kyuhyun's father, then.

When the two men first began to visit the house, he couldn't really explain the longing glances his son threw to Ryeowook. They were good friends and Ryeowook even helped Kyuhyun with his housing in Paris, they coped well, it was obvious, but the old man couldn't say it was a good justification for the look in Kyuhyun's eyes every time he met Ryeowook's gaze.

And with every visit, Kyuhyun didn't say much about himself or his new lifestyle, because he was busier at explaining Ryeowook, in a sort of encyclopedia from A to Z, as if he wanted to introduce the other man in his best light by eagerly telling this one's good nature or personal achievements. 

Moreover, the marriage topic was what finally made him strongly suspect that his son might have been hiding something more, something bigger.

Surely, if Kyuhyun used to say that he wasn't involved in any relationship, that must have been partly true, but why then he couldn't recognize his son through those little misunderstandable actions? It was as if almost a stranger had walked back home, because Kyuhyun was way sweeter and gentler than what he recalled, and that result was greatly due to the effect of love, the old man was sure.

Though much closer and friendly with each other, Kyuhyun's father couldn't expect that his son's love had already fully blossomed into a relationship he was mutually building with his friend, the pianist.

Yes, differences between father and son's generations were evident, but another certain thing was that kissing a same gender friend couldn't just be done without an ulterior reason behind it, not even when that kind of risky love was slowly appearing into those days' society and fought to be accepted and recognized.

When he decided to walk to the kitchen, it was because the old man surely thought it strange for Kyuhyun to take too long for asking one question only to Ryeowook.

It wasn't his plan to interrupt them or what, but noticing that the two younger men hadn't noticed him yet, since he wasn't entirely visible while standing at one side of the half closed door, convinced him to take a sneak-peak into the room.

There he found his son kissing the other man, gently holding him as if Ryeowook were made out of glass, too fragile yet too precious to be broken, or that was the feeling conveyed.

He realized that whenever Kyuhyun was with Ryeowook, he completely bared his soul and manifested his best side, pouring all of himself into a brand new world. It was a world consisting of the two of them only, and he'd have let no one else creep inside it to ruin the flowing stream of happiness that surrounded them. It was clear, like the sun shining high above.

Kyuhyun's words about feeling totally satisfied with his life in Paris made perfectly sense too.

Of course, they did: he lived with the man he was madly in love with, how come things could go wrong?

He only wondered why they felt the need to keep their relationship hidden. Despite not knowing what to think, for having discovered his son's preferences that way, he couldn't even think of being mad at the two young men either.

The mere fear that his own son could be dealing with cool-hearted judgements, and the same difficulty of many other men and women stuck in his situation, made his heart shrink in pain. 

They really did nothing wrong while taking care of each other, and as long as his son had a warm home where to live, a steady job, he was pampered and was completely happy with how things were proceding for him, his father wouldn't have objected to that relationship.

Surely, without any doubt, he needed a couple more days to process the uncovered truth, before fully accepting the fact of his son loving another man. Plus, he needed to conduct further researches on the couple, for example: for how long they had been together, what their intentions were and if these were serious enough to lead to a marriage, or it was just his son's nature of a player that disturbed the cute whole ensemble.

He sighed imagining his only son's marriage.

How he wished to witness the day in which his son would have finally tied the knot with a trustworthy person, who could completely take care of him. It didn't matter if it were to be a man or a woman, as long as Kyuhyun was happy, he concluded.

But in his current uncertain conditions, he could tell himself lucky enough if he ever got the chance to gaze at the sunlight every morning after waking up. It was a constant risk and he couldn't really wait any longer, or the day of Kyuhyun's marriage would never be visible before his eyes. He needed to find out more about Kyuhyun and Ryeowook's lovestory before it was too late for him to bless them.

Yes. Everything made sense.

Before him, the two men spent their afternoon digging into boxes of old pictures, photo albums and diving into the past with the help of his wife, enjoying each useful moment to tease Kyuhyun.

"Mum, I'm going to steal this, if that's okay with you" Kyuhyun announced, pointing at one picture in particular, as he lifted himself from the wooden floor covered in scattered, pretty old, with faded colorings pictures from his childhood, and sat on the couch next to Ryeowook.

Receiving his mother's consent, he put away in his jeans pocket the little picture of a dark haired baby holding a teddy bear, and lightly elbowed Ryeowook, looking at the time ticking on his own watch: "Don't you think it's time to go? It's getting dark outside and you know, I forgot my present at home" his reminder made Ryeowook blush once again.

"Present? What did you get?" the young man's mother butted in, but her curiosity faded away as soon as his son shared a grin and shrugged, simply saying that he didn't have time to open it yet and therefore he absolutely had no clue about its content. Of course he lied, for his present was his boyfriend, and he wanted to rush out of his parents' house to spend the night cuddling with Ryeowook.

Sighing for grasping the tiny naughty allusion, Ryeowook followed Kyuhyun as he stood up and bowed to the two older people: "Thanks for inviting me over today as well" he showed his politeness. Kyuhyun, handing him his coat, smirked too much satisfied: "I'd have never left you behind on my birthday" he commented in a little snort.

Ryeowook flashed him with a glare full of stubborn indignation; how much he'd have really liked for Kyuhyun to take small but meaningful precautions in that situation, it didn't matter if the man's comment stirred other laughs from his hypothetical in-laws.

Taking a bag filled with containers of leftovers, much for his mother's happiness, Kyuhyun waved his goodbye and followed Ryeowook in the chilly winter air. All smiling and giggly, he was already tasting the moment when he'd step into his house and...

...too bad, his thoughts were interrupted as soon as he bumped into Ryeowook, who had halted in his tracks. Snapping out to reality, he took a look at what seemingly bothered his boyfriend, and he understood.

"Kyuhyun!" in other circumstances he'd have much liked to meet his friend, but that wasn't the case, since he couldn't see her as his friend anymore, but as an unpredictable mistake which could have resulted into a major flaw in his relationship: "Happy birthday! I knew you would probably be spending the day at your parents'!" Jiwon walked in his direction, trying to hug him, but not managing to, because Kyuhyun closed the gap between himself and Ryeowook, entouring this one's right arm to slip his hand into Ryeowook's, interwining fingers with him and squeezing the gloved skin.

"Hi Jiwon!" Ryeowook greeted her, with a little smile, too focused on keeping his eyes on the tall man that accompanied her. The memory of that irriverent grin, the little waving that interrupted his sweet kiss with Kyuhyun, everything was still fresh in his memory, and Ryeowook was scared to lift his eyes and incur in the magnetic charm of those two icy blue eyes fixed on his face. They were clear and cold, however they unexplicably made Ryeowook feel too hot and suffocating behind his scarf. 

"Oh!" Jiwon exclaimed, noticing the strange expression that both men were wearing, while studying the tall man standing by her side "This is Eric. He was my father's personal assistant in Hong Kong, but he was so good at his work, that both my parents doted on him very much, just like family. He lives with us now" she smiled, as she stepped a little bit on his side and turned to him, in order to introduce the new figure.

"It's nice to meet you, we saw each other some weeks ago, right?" his low voice sounded so warm and alluring, that Ryeowook couldn't help but gulp for how much the whole ensemble hypnotized him "I was waiting next to the car, when Mrs.Choi and miss Jiwon came here to greet your parents, Kyuhyun-ssi"

"Yeah, I remember" Kyuhyun grimaced in discomfort at the memory "But let me be honest, it was kind of creepy to be eyed that way" he admitted, certainly not refraining his sharp tongue from such comments "Your presence scared my boyfriend" Kyuhyun's hand squeezed strongly Ryeowook's hand.

"Ryeowook-ssi, it's a great honor to meet you. I've heard great things about you!" the man named Eric, with a too sugary smile plastered on his face, suddenly moved and grabbed Ryeowook's other hand, hovering with his mouth on the back of it, and trying to kiss it as a true gentleman.

Unfortunately for him, Kyuhyun moved even faster and managed to push his hand away from Ryeowook's, pulling the latter one into a tight protective embrace. 

Not at all pleased by such an unwanted encounter, Kyuhyun mentally cursed the other man for his bluntness. How dared he to touch someone else's man that freely? Maybe somewhere else a kiss on the hand as a greeting to a new acquaintance was considered polite and still worked, but for him it was simply too old-fashioned. Plus, being his boyfriend, he was the only one who could touch Ryeowook, not to mention that he was obsessed with treasuring the pianist's fragile hands, too important for his career as a musician. How could this stranger creep into their intimate gestures? Blood already boiled in his veins, and Kyuhyun feared a rude turnover of events, as he already planned a quick way to punch the blue eyed man and knock him out.

Jiwon lightly tapped on his shoulder, making Kyuhyun once again stop spacing out: "Kyuhyun, I'm here because I want to talk to you..." she began, her quivering tone of voices perceived as too worrying according to his tastes. Lifting an eyebrow, the young man stared the girl before shaking his head: "Not today" he sternly replied in a snap.

"When, then?" she turned around, wanting to follow Kyuhyun, whom already walked farther away with Ryeowook trailing still close to his body "It's important!" her voice raised.

"I told you not today!" he replied, raising his voice just as much as her, while opening the car door for Ryeowook and helping him inside. Some seconds after, he was sitting in the car to fasten his belt and start the engine, wanting to escape from Jiwon's suffocating presence. What if she crumbled down right in front of Ryeowook and revealed details from a night he was slowly erasing from his memory? 

Stopping at a traffic light somewhere in Seoul's downtown, Kyuhyun remembered that he still had his childhood picture in the rear pocket of his jeans. Hoping not to have spoiled it with unnecessary creases and folds, he lifted a tiny bit from his seat and managed to fish it, just to hand it to Ryeowook then: "I took it for you. I saw your twinkling eyes when my mother showed you this" Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook, who studied the little child and his teddy bear with much adoration, caressing the baby's face with a finger on the plastic surface, as if he could manage to touch him for truth.

"You were so cute!" Ryeowook happily giggled "This picture actually makes me think that I've got something similar to give you" he said, looking for his own wallet in the coat pocket. Whe he found it, Ryeowook immediately took out a little picture of another child.

This time the baby showed on there, crawled on a carpet and wore a fluffy candid white suit while carrying by the neck a stuffed giraffe toy in his small chubby hand: "This is me" Ryeowook announced, slightly embarrassed, as he profited of the stop at the traffic light to show Kyuhyun his favorite baby picture.

"I gave you mine, I'm going to steal yours!" enthusiast at the unknown sight of his baby lover, Kyuhyun immediately snatched away the little picture and studied it at a closer look: "It's not fair, you were stunning even as a toddler!" he sighed and pouted, quickly storing the picture in his own wallet, to resume his drive.

"You were cute as well!"

"See? Being cute and unfairly stunning are two different things. But most of the babies are really ugly right after birth, it takes time to grow up and get nicer, you didn't have to deal with such a problem, I bet" Kyuhyun explained, before concluding with his personal theory: "It must be genetic, you're too beautiful!" 

"Maybe? I've got a distant cousin who looks like me" Ryeowook nodded, recalling the times where his relatives couldn't tell the two boys apart whenever they attended family gatherings, their similar names didn't help as well.

Kyuhyun snorted, curling his nose in a displeased grimace: "I'm sorry, I'm not falling for fakes! It has to be you, Kim Ryeowook, or nothing" he stated in a grin, stretching arms as he held the steering wheel in his hands and drove with much easiness.

Glad that the little incursion of Jiwon and her minion didn't actually manage to spoil either of their moods, Kyuhyun showed his wider evil grin and slowly his lips, pre-tasting the upcoming sweetness of a worthy birthday night.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry, I did take a while to post this, and I apologize. You may be thinking: "where's the angst she told us about?" Well, once again, I'm slowly writing down the all the important events, therefore the angsty part is still in transition and will be clearer later. Anyway, here we finally have another discovery: Kyuhyun's father kind of approved (in his mind for now xD) his son's relationship! Yay! Did you expect him to be the understanding one? Many of you actually already figured it out in the previous chapters XD This one was too long to post and I had to split it into two distinguished parts. The second one will be published in two days time (I'm busy, so please wait for it ^^). As always, I want your comments about this! Jiwon is such a nuisance! She's always around Kyuhyun! ==^

Leaving you a gift: I liked to think that Kyuhyun might carry this baby Ryeowook's picture with him (though I inserted a giraffe in the ff XD)