Reasons Behind

All's Well What Ends...Well?

Looking dumbly at the cellphone screen couldn't make it magically ring and show the only ID he was dying to see, beeping incessantly, almost desperate to get through.

No, Kyuhyun didn't have any magic power that could make him interact with electronic appliances, or he'd have known why he couldn't get Ryeowook's calls or texts anymore.

Okay, truth be told his phone was put under close observation, but despite that, even though he was monitored, Kyuhyun had managed to get a new phone which he used at home for the only purpose of contacting Ryeowook on a daily basis. 

Any other contact he kept with the external world was to be thouroghly checked and approved by Eric, who feared that his new master could indeed play some tricks and get back in touch with a past lover, that was supposed to be already forgotten.

For four months Kyuhyun had been so desperately trying to keep Ryeowook safe, and even though they lived on the opposite sides of the world, Kyuhyun could tell himself to be managing the distance fairly well. That worked more as a self-conviction, of course, because by no mean, Kyuhyun could ever accept that distant relationship and wanted to fix it as soon as possible.

Yes, four months without listening to the melodious voice that usually bid him goodnight, four months without keeping any contact with the little body that he stubbornly followed around the house and hugged like a baby koala would do, loving that cute pout that surely didn't match his lover's age, but that Kyuhyun honestly couldn't imagine anywhere but on Ryeowook's lips, had definitely strained any left drops of patience Kyuhyun was so thoroughly working on to keep.

Despite being forced to stay in a family that wasn't surely feeling like his own, and facing normal ups and downs with whatever else was included in his choice to marry Jiwon, Kyuhyun was still secretly keeping contact with Ryeowook and even set every possible clock with the French time zone, so he could easily calculate which part of the day he was more likely to be finding Ryeowook fully awake and available to take his call.

Shutting himself in the guests' bedroom, which had now become his own since he refused to share the same bed with Jiwon ever again, Kyuhyun often woke up in the middle of the night and relied on the global linking power of internet - his closest friend - in order to listen to his precious soulmate's voice. They could spend hours and hours over the phone, talking about their daily routines, gossiping about friends and co-workers, making plans ahead of time and, saddeningly, remembering how good it felt to sleep side by side, filling each other's embraces, sloppily kissing until exhaustion of the long day overtook senses and made them fall asleep at the sound of each other's heartbeats. 

The whole thing of merely remembering the happiness, that was set in the past, automatically affected both their moods as a simple lullaby over the phone wasn't enough anymore.

Kyuhyun could still listen to Ryeowook's voice whenever he desired and, if he closed his eyes while lying down on his bed, he could even pretend to imagine the other man lying there with him. But as he accidentally rolled on the side, where he fancied Ryeowook to be, and touched the cold sheets with his hands, he was bound to crash againt the sad truth and made his little, comforting fantasies shatter into million pieces, which actually hurt very much despite being purely fictional.

Ryeowook, on the other side, tried his best to keep it up and let Kyuhyun feel his closeness.

He sometimes placed his phone on speakers on the piano, just so he could play anything Kyuhyun requested for, even the first ever piece that Ryeowook had composed as a token of love and that told their personal story in a shifting melody of carefree youth: a crescendo of struggles with the first challenges of life and the allegro-moderato for newly-found, reassuring happiness.

That looked like a good enough compromise, though Kyuhyun would never admit that many of his calls ended with him shedding angry tears on the pillow, lucky to be unnoticed in the dark of his room, because he could only feel too deceived in himself for letting such a situation happen between him and Ryeowook.

Affter setting such a demanding, daily habit, Kyuhyun could suddenly feel the suffocating loss that followed days over days of compete silence from his phone. Ryeowook's availability notably decreased, and not keeping in touch made Kyuhyun nurture a boiling disquiet within his heart as he couldn't stop throwing millions questions about the reason why his lover seemed to have so little time, so little desire to spare him.

That happened already at the end of the second month, which brought the first signs of suspicions, intruding in Kyuhyun's mind and mixing him with the usual jealousy virus he seemed not to be able to recover from.

He simply couldn't get through and, when he did, Ryeowook found some sort of excuses to cut the call at its minimal, which upset the other man very much and filled his head with neverending questions about that strange behavior. How he wished he could have lived just next door, to check with his eyes what was happining all around Ryeowook and what exactly pushed him to keep such an elusive behavior.

The young man was on the verge of meeting insanity, while dealing with the same daily routine - waking up, working and go to sleep, three actions articulated only by meals - and no reassuring news were visible at the horizon to meet his final, dissipating hope of breaking free from a threat he needed to bear with for the sake of a still clueless Ryeowook.

At that point Kyuhyun wondered whether Ryeowook was still keeping his faith and trust in their promise.

Or was he himself the only one working for the both of them, now?

He didn't want to think that Ryeowook might be already facing struggles and was more inclined to give up on everything, instead of keeping focused on the necessary wait. Was he working on the little issues that temporary prevented them to share love? Was he willing to wait a lot more time for a person that was trapped in lies and regretful responsibilities? Could it be that Ryeowook was busy and stuck in commitments that took great part of his personal time, up to the one he had always destined to Kyuhyun's daily calls?

Although he perfectly knew that calling Ryeowook, even in the middle of Parisian night, now had lost its initial meaning, when he felt particularly down Kyuhyun resorted to his cellphone photogallery and browsed it, staring with dreamy eyes at the pictures taken all throughout their two years of serene relationship in Europe.

Each time his eyes scanned those pictures, he was able to find new, unnoticed details, and even those that he had already perfectly memorized - after the hundredth time of watching them - never failed at making him stretch lips in an earnest smile for remembering past times of genuine happiness.

Especially that very particular past Christmas, when they celebrated the holiday in Paris together with Donghae, Eunhyuk and Yesung.

Talking about Yesung, Kyuhyun relied on the lawyer's discretion, and therefore had asked his friend to investigate further into the threat pulled by Eric.

However, up to that day his faithful consultant hadn't managed to gather all the missing info yet, and so he didn't know how to free Ryeowook of that pending sentence he had been threatened with.

As if they were playing a dangerous Russian roulette, Kyuhyun couldn't risk to move without witnessing his actions compromising Ryeowook's safety and well being. It didn't matter that his patience was getting thinner, almost non-existing day by day, and what he really wanted to do was boarding the first flight headed to France so to leave that unjust life behind, he simply couldn't. Eric knew everything and, even if it didn't look like it, he had a firm control over Kyuhyun's life.

That day he was alone at home.

Kyuhyun didn't feel like showing up at work, though it was the only place where he felt slightly better, in comparison to his brand new house that he was forced to share with a wife he didn't want to have.

He felt so empty, constantly living an illusion that crept in his mind, poisoning his senses, that he often walked past the kitchen bar to scrutinize the cupboard where spirits and alcohol were hidden, considering making himself drunk the only possibility to feel lighter and happier, despite the sickeningly annoying feeling of dizziness that drinking too much always involved soon after.

He just wanted to grab a couple of bottles and comfortably slump onto the couch in preparation of some fictional, deluded fantasy that saw him protagonist of a sweet love story with the lover he had to push away. Drinking to erase the first stage of depression was just too much customary at that point, that it didn't even feel amusing anymore.

How many times did Kyuhyun try the same method when, while still thinking of nurturing hate towards Ryeowook, who seemed to be the only reason for losing his dear sister, he gulped down large quantities of alcohol to get rid of the despair that kept his heart hostage to both love and hatred, a guilt he was so desperately trying to deal with by blaming the other man, when in truth he was so obsessed by just wanting to make the said man his.

His mind didn't work properly back then, he didn't even know what he wanted from his life, though the picture of that petite, bright man always made its way in Kyuhyun's imagination somehow, and it never left him alone, feeling rather a curse than a blessing.

So, his body moved without the proper commands being issued by his brain, not really caring of what he was doing. Automatically his hand grip closed around the glass curves of a bottle and he just found himself distractedly looking at the label, as if to catch the ultimate warning to stop his actions beforehand.

Eleven in the morning was rather early to start with vodka, but Kyuhyun seemed totally focused in his little bubble that he didn't take in pros and cons of his behavior. He was just looking for a quick way to shut his eyes to that buzzing, annoying world and drown in better dreams. His focus took him temporary away from reality and Kyuhyun didn't even notice the click of the main door being pushed, as someone was making his way into the large living room, almost unnoticed.

"Oh! Look who's there!" Kyuhyun had just plopped down on the couch and finally caught the mysterious guest's presence. He waved the empty glass in an attempt of greeting Siwon, who he clearly didn't expect to appear in his house after being away for very long. He had lost the other man's traces, somehow.

"Long time no see! Tell me brother-in-law, are you a friend or a foe?"

Siwon widened his eyes in shock to find Kyuhyun in such a delirious state very early in the morning, moreover in a house that he thought belonging to his sister.

The man halted in his tracks and set his eyes on the friend who comfortably sat on the wide white leather couch, intent at getting rid of the bottle seal and screwing the cap: "What are you doing here?" he asked, still eyeing the bottle, wondering what to do, before deciding to stop Kyuhyun's doing. He hadn't heard the particular term which Kyuhyun had called him by, but among friends they usually used some kind of nicknames, so that could be the reason behind such a choice of words.

Siwon rushed by Kyuhyun's side and easily snatched the bottle away, finding no true resistance to his gesture: "What are you thinking of doing with vodka this early?!" he angrily snapped as he placed the bottle on the kitchen table, far away from Kyuhyun's reach.

"What do you think one can do with a beverage if not drink it?" Kyuhyun exhaustedly smiled, neither angry at Siwon for stealing his quick access to happiness nor too amused by his own sarcastic reproach.

"Are you planning on wasting yourself with alcohol? Why, damn?!" Siwon asked again, still in disbelief, this time carrying what looked like a heavy suitcase from the entrance up to the living room "And why are you, of all people, here?"

"The question sounds better if you are the one answering it, not me" Kyuhyun shrugged then, lifting both legs and stretching them on the couch soon after "So, why are you here?" 

"I just came back from the airport" Siwon began his explanation. He took off his black leather jacket and rested it on the armrest of the couch opposing the one where Kyuhyun was lying down, feeling better without it after the tiring commute from one of the busiest airports in the world. Moreover spring was gradually shifting into summer and the bright season lately seemed to bring a lot more hotness in the capital than usual.

Kyuhyun almost suspiciously stiffened after hearing the word airport; he had a thing going on for those places and unfortunately it was no good feeling.

"You know, I went to Kenya for a little while, to help the pastor of the orphanage I used to teach in while in Hong Kong" Siwon sunk in his seat while he was telling Kyuhyun his recent doings and whereabouts, looking ever so bright and rubbing his hands together as he felt much accomplished for dispensing a lot whole of good actions for those who needed it the most. He spoke with such a naturalness, as if Kyuhyun already knew what he was talking about, without feeling the need to go deeper into the details of his trip.

"No, I didn't know" Kyuhyun plainly stated, taking off-guard Siwon, who immediately went on asking: "How come?! I talked a lot with Jiwon over the phone during the past months and I asked her to tell you, in case you were advancing in your wedding plans with Ryeowook and I could risk to lose my chance for an invitation!"

Kyuhyun quickly shifted back to sit properly on the couch, frowning and at the same time glaring Siwon with such flashing eyes that weren't reassuring at all. He couldn't tell which of the two made him feel suddenly upset and disquiet: the news about Jiwon knowing where her brother was and suspiciously keeping it all for herself, or the fact that Siwon apparently didn't know that there was no more planned wedding to Ryeowook and that this one was in Paris, probably living his life already and forgetting all about him.

"Please, tell me again why are you here?" Kyuhyun clutched his lips in a tight line, still suspicious, recalling that Siwon hadn't actually given a clear reply to that question earlier.

"I received a call from Jiwon, she wanted to meet her brother and she said that I could wait for her at home. Is there something wrong with that? Are we hanging out together, or..." the other man asked, linking Kyuhyun's presence in Jiwon's house to the only most probable chance.

"No, we are not. And this is not Jiwon's house. It's mine, because it has been bought with my money after the wedding" Kyuhyun explained, not at all concerned to mask a bit of poison in his words at the memory of the ceremony held sometime before.

"W-wedding?" Siwon's temporary look of confusion and stammering words could tell that he was kept from knowing many important changes occurred while he was far, far away from home.

Kyuhyun straightened his back and rested it against the backrest of the couch, his eyes never left Siwon's "It seems that your sister didn't waste any of her precious time to inform her older brother of what was happening in Korea, while he was there taking care of less fortunate children, am I right?"

Siwon didn't like that new side of Kyuhyun. The man looked arrogant and spiteful, which clearly didn't describe him at his best condition, but nonetheless he sat there, frozen while still eyeing him "What the hell has happened?" he articulated each word by stressing them too much.

"I repeat that this is not Jiwon's house. Well it is, in a certain way, since she's living here as my wife. That's why I called you brother-in-law before, and it's not a joke. Are you happy that we're family related now?" Kyuhyun smirked in a very unpleasant way, not to mock Siwon, whom he loved dearly, rather to underline the whole absurd situation that he personally had taken too much time to accept "Yes, it looks like you really didn't know anything. I married your sister" he repeated, kind of enjoying the look of astonishment that was slowly drawing itself on Siwon's face after throwing the bomb-like news.

And the bomb finally exploded.

"What? Why?! Where's Ryeowook? Why my sister? I thought you and..." Siwon tried to shoot a torrent of questions, hoping to have them all answered in a clear way, but not really aware that his method was just confusing Kyuhyun very much, whom, at that point, didn't even know where to start his explanation from.

"I thought so too, but we had a sort of break up. Believe me I would have rather walked into hell's flames than being stuck in this situation. The thing is that Jiwon's pregnant with our child after we kind of screwed up in a hotel because we were completely drunk" Kyuhyun lowered his head in shame, not daring to confront Siwon, since he was actually the closest man in Jiwon's life. For a loving brother, how could the part about screwing up together sound at Siwon's ears, if not disrespectful towards his sister?

"That's not possible..." Siwon muttered, rubbing his temples with both hands, probably trying to figure out another explanation.

"Why not? Do you want me to draw you an example of how babies are conceived? Though not any willingly, I was unfaithful to Ryeowook for one damn night and it just happened that your sister got pregnant. One night, can you believe it?! I betrayed my lover, the only man I ever wished to have as my husband, and..."

Siwon interrupted Kyuhyun with a quick wave of the hand. He didn't want to know about Ryeowook or what Kyuhyun's love plans could have been up to that moment. The story about his sister looked more urgent to clear: "You married her? Because she's bearing your child, or better, because you think she's bearing your child?" he went for a recap, stressing some words for a better understanding.

"Yes, you got it"

"Would things change, if I told you that you made the biggest mistake of your life?"

Kyuhyun closed eyes, shook his head in sorrow and exhaled a long sigh made of pure stress: "No, because I already know that's it. That day I should have driven back home and waited for my boyfriend instead of..."

"No! Shut up, Kyuhyun!" Siwon hopped on his seat and slammed loudly both hands on the leather, as he stood up and reached Kyuhyun across the room "You still don't get it! The biggest mistake of your life was marrying Jiwon because of a child that isn't even yours!" he hollered, trying now to contain himself, since those words of just delivered truth might have completely scared or angered Kyuhyun. Somehow either one of the reactions was to be expected.

"Wh-what?! How can you be so sure? I was there, I woke up in that hotel room, and she was...she was crying and I was half and..." Kyuhyun began to blabber, neither shocked, nor scared of angry. He was still sticking to the assumed truth he had been presented with during the morning of the sorrowful discovery. He was so sure that what had happened couldn't be so easy to erase from the past.

"Listen, do you remember spending the night with her?" Siwon sat on the coffee table, almost crouched in front of Kyuhyun as he placed both hands on his knees and tried to get a glimpse of the frowning face the other man was hiding in both hands, out of shame.

"Honestly? No, I dont. It's all blurred, confused, I think it was the alcohol. I was there, drinking glass after glass, and talking about...about how I wished to call Ryeowook my husband, when everything got darker and... I just found myself lying on that hotel bed with your sister, wearing nothing but my underwear!" Kyuhyun blurted out, not fully convinced of his own explanation, as he still kept his head in both hands and peeked at Siwon through his fingers.

Siwon his legs, trying to be the friendly figure he imagined Kyuhyun was most in need to meet at that time of his life, after having to push away a lover because of a totally wrong conviction. He sighed, because the gears in his brain were already overworking, indulging in many different possibilities to face, while half of himself was silently praying that his sister hadn't exploited any subtle tactic for granting herself a huge wish, like maternity was, by selfishly involving Kyuhyun in the story and not sparing for him any chance to fix his troubles.

"Then believe me when I say that the kid is not yours. Unless a woman can get pregnant for a second time while already carrying a child, which I know it's not humanely possible, therefore please believe me" Siwon gently placed both his hands on Kyuhyun's and forced that mask away from his friend's face, freeing him just as much as what he hoped to do, when he would have been done with the whole explanation of his truth "When we came back to Korea and met you all in January, she was already almost two months pregnant and the child is her ex-boyfriend's, a poor Korean man that my mother had never approved back in Hong Kong. I know her, she's my sister and I know how much she suffered when they broke up."

"This is...too much, Siwon. Please don't joke with me!" Kyuhyun was tempted to break down and forget the defiant behavior he had just resorted to, when his friend appeared on the door.

"I know. I'm dead serious Kyu, besides being geuninely shocked to hear that so many things changed because of my mother"

"Your sister, you mean" Kyuhyun tried to correct him, but Siwon shook his head again.

"No, my mother. As I told you, I know my sister, she's just a victim, like you and Ryeowook are. Jiwon wanted to keep the baby and raise him even without a father, but my mother wasn't any understanding and didn't want to deal with the shame of having Jiwon to raise the baby as a single mother. I think it's got something to do with the household reputation, old stuff that comes straight out of a history book, if you ask me."

"You knew it all? You knew that your sister was pregnant and didn't try to tell any of us?" Kyuhyun was dearly fighting against his mounting rage. His rational side still tried to tell him that Siwon had no part into this and that he was the only friendly face that could help him resurface out of that absurd farce.

"How could I? I don't usually go around to tell everyone my sister's personal stuff, first of all!" Siwon slowed down his rushing words, understanding that Kyuhyun needed a bit more time to process the news.

"Whose personal stuff?" one thin voice rejoined theirs from the main door, and the two men were soon turning both heads to look at the source of that question, shocked to spot Jiwon taking off her jacket and resting her bag on a chair. She walked into the living room and her eyes snapped open when she noticed Kyuhyun sitting so close with her brother.

"Yours, or so it seems" her brother said, glaring an unfriendly welcome at her.

"W-why?" she asked, uncertainly moving her eyes from one man to the other and still not knowing how to behave in front of them "W-weren't you headed to work today?" she retreated from the arm dangerously stretched by Siwon, who was swift enought to grab her by a hand and delicately pull her to sit next to Kyuhyun.

"Stop it! I don't want to beat around the bush anymore" Kyuhyun groaned in distress as he ruffled his hair and soon was staring ever so badly at the woman sitting by his side "I know everything, so if you've got a little self-respect and consideration for our old friendship, I'd spill it all out if I were you, before I get really angry. And you'd never want me to get angry" he warned.

"What did our mother say about the baby? Why did you drag Kyuhyun into this fake marriage when you perfectly knew the consequences of your actions?" Siwon asked with stern voice, knowing that was his sister's weakness.

Maybe it was just a matter of unbalanced hormones, or the severe amount of guilt that she felt heavy on her shoulders, as if haunting her, but the young woman didn't need any other request to immediately burst into tears. She hugged her growing womb in an act of self-protection and hid her face on her knees.

"Jiwon, why didn't you confide all your worries to me, like you've always done?" Siwon's much sweeter tone tried to calm her, since Kyuhyun had just sprung up from the couch and began to pace back and forth the living room with one hand on his hip and the other through his hair, at evident loss of patience. Jiwon's tears were the ultimate confirmation of his fears and he only wanted to escape as farther as possible from there, reach an isolated place and shout out his anger with all the air he could take into his lungs.

"You know what she's like!" Jiwon burst out, a bit too ferociously "She's done it so I could ensure her a life of luxury, again! She's never cared for my son, she's never cared about welcoming a grandchild, she's lost her sweetness and comprehension from the very first moment we set foot in Hong Kong!"

"You're talking about mom..." Siwon murmured, lowering his eyes, feeling empathy and undirectly guilt for the woman's behavior.

"She said that if I couldn't marry a wealthy man, I wouldn't have been able to raise this child properly. Kyuhyun was the closest one and the most available..."

"The most available?! You gotta be kidding! I was happy as ever while planning my future with Ryeowook and you used me to marry my money!" Kyuhyun spat out, turning around and facing the woman with his fuming temperament "You could ask for our help, but instead the brilliant idea of troubling the relationship with my legit fiancé seemed more appealing that time, right? Jiwon you had nearly six months to relieve yourself of such a burden!"

"You don't know how I feel, so you don't have any mean to judge me!" she shouted back, nervously massaging her stomach as if the gesture could help her get in control of her wild emotions "You don't know what it feels like having your own mother threatening you to abort! She said that she'd have caused me to have a miscarriage!!"

Siwon's eyes went wider and by instinct he squeezed both Jiwon's hands in his to make her feel his comforting warmth.

"I'm sorry, I know this might sound cruel to you right now, but even if you lost the baby, you'd have find another man to try again with. That's not any closer to having a psycopath tracking my loved one and threatening to have him either sent to prison or killed for your sake!" Kyuhyun's accusatory finger didn't stop to point at the only culprit of the situation, and this time Siwon's look got even more shocked as he turned to Kyuhyun and gasped, praying not to hear any confirmation to his words.

"You heard me well enough" Kyuhyun drew in a long sigh, hoping to calm down.

"What's up with Ryeowook?" Siwon finally asked, and even his sister looked concerend now.

"That bastard you call assistant once showed up at my place when Ryeowook was alone and..." Kyuhyun felt the usual unpleasant lump in his throat preventing him to speak further, but a forced gulp made him continue delivering the update news "...he destroyed half my property, feeling then entitled to brutally him" he concluded in discomfort for recalling such terrible memories about the condition he found Ryeowook in, and how much it took him to make the man feel slightly better.

"E-Eric did?" Jiwon brought her hands before and looked astonished, which only irritated Kyuhyun much more: "Please, spare me your skillful act of disbelief because you knew..."

"I didn't!" she admitted, raising both hands in defense.

"I always tried to tell our father that he wasn't a nice person, despite his way for business, but he didn't believe me!" Siwon added his personal opinion, shaking head in front of Jiwon as if he wanted to re-open some old family discussions around the topic, that had been already taken care of longer before.

"Nice person?!" Kyuhyun scoffed, not believing his ears for how light a description Siwon had just made of the criminal "That's being awfully kind on him! He's a devil, that's what he is! Do you remember what I privately told you about Ahra's accident? I don't really like talking about it, you know it, but he said he dug into it and he would have accused Ryeowook of being the culprit, if I hadn't accepted the marriage deal with Jiwon. He said he's got some papers that certify the presence of Ryeowook's digits on the weapon and that's what he could use to harm him and send him to prison for something he hasn't even done!"

"You knew nothing about it?" Siwon asked his sister, whose eyes now were looking elsewhere and spoke of her attempts to elude the question. Drenched in cold sweat for lying, she nervously bit her bottom lip and shook her head vigorously in deny, fooling her brother "Where's Ryeowook now? How is he?" Siwon went on, not hiding his concern for the poor man.

"He's gone back to Paris. I sent him back, he knows that I had to consent to this marriage by force, and although he didn't like it, he doesn't know what truly pushed me to have him far away from here. He kind of understood that I was doing it for the baby though" the hurt in Kyuhyun's words was palpable and made the atmosphere thick in tension and longing "I couldn't tell him the truth or else Eric would have probably acted his threat towards us way sooner, and I'm scared of making Ryeowook suffer for nothing. I discussed about it with Yesung, asking him to help me find any proof that might save Ryeowook's reputation once and forever, since this story has been dragged on forever and never seen a proper end" 

Jiwon kept silent as the topic of the conversation slowly switched from the reason of her cheat, to Ryeowook's safety. She never averted her eyes from Kyuhyun, while listening to the whole side story she apparently knew nothing about.

In the meanwhile she forced herself to keep calm and clutch her lips tight in a firm line, probably not wanting to have any more part in the story. 

It was too late anyway, Kyuhyun was legally married with her and, willingly or not, he would have been the perfect father for her future baby.

"I was about to ask you the reason why you couldn't refuse to marry my sister from the very beginning, but now I can get you've been victim of a trick" Siwon covered his face with both hands and rubbed it, groaning in realization of how much complicated the whole thing appeared to be "Listen, you pack your things now and fly to Paris" he suggested to Kyuhyun in the end, as he got up from his place and went to the bag to look for his cellphone.

"What?!" Jiwon exclaimed in horror, disquiet that Kyuhyun's expression could literally bright up only at the mention of the place he had always wished to be.

"You get up and follow him too!" Siwon ordered, stretching a hand towards his sister and uselessly waiting for her to accept the help offer.

"Where to? Paris?!" Kyuhyun now responded to the order with just as much horror as the one previously shown by the woman "Oh, no! Forget it! I won't have her following me to France and have my last chance to make up with Ryeowook fade away!" he avoided Siwon's questioning stare and began to walk away from the couple of sibilings, while shaking head. He halted in his tracks just to add a little, meaningful detail that could have ruined his journey of hope: "If only I could get to the airport and leave the country... Eric's been monitoring me ever since the wedding. I can't step outside this house without him knowing!"

"What am I doing here then, if not to help you? No, it's time for you to go back to where you belong. Go back to Ryeowook!" Siwon snapped out, this time really on the verge of losing his iron patience "I'll help Yesung with looking for evidence and keeping an eye on Eric's doings; you try to fix this misunderstanding with your lover and in the meanwhile Jiwon will be safe out of reach of our mother. You will give birth to that baby over there and start a new life in freedom and hopefully without interefering in Kyuhyun's privacy" the tall man finished his plan recap while speaking directly to his sister.

Expressionless, Jiwon tried again to dodge her brother's advice, looking elsewhere, but she hadn't taken into account that scary look in Siwon's eyes whenever he was really angry. He rarely was and preferred to keep calm and serene while dealing with daily things, but in those rare occasions when he brutally snapped out and showed all his pent up discomfort, it was never advisable to stay close to him as he became a true burning flame of rage.

He bent closer and closer to the woman and grabbed her by a wrist, pressing firmly, so that she could feel his scary attitude, but never hurting. She whimpered a little while, before gulping and nodding to the last of her brother's words: "Don't waste any more time, I said. It's already too shameful and disappointing having to deal with you for accepting our mother's terms and not confiding your worries to me, Jiwon. Now, you play at my rules!"

Kyuhyun resurfaced from the hallway with a bag full of clothes, his personal computer and some other necessary electronic devices, not forgetting any of his documents to get ready to reach the airport: "Come on, go ahead!" he incited the woman, even though he was still boiling in rage "I don't want to miss the daily flight out, you better hurry up because tomorrow I already plan to be on my knees in front of Ryeowook and beg like I've never done before!"

Jiwon sighed, fully convinced and resignated, and headed to her bedroom to prepare a bag that could scarcely keep everything she needed.

"What are you gonna do now?" Kyuhyun grabbed the softer edges of the bag he had placed on the table and stared at it as if that object could withhold a certain interest worth of his whole attention, while in truth he was waiting for Siwon to reply.

"I don't know" Siwon run a hand in his own hair and ruffled it, totally honest with his answer "One thing I know is that I want you to leave as soon as possible, before Eric can figure it. Secondly, I hate to see you, my dear friend, stuck in this difficult situation, and that's why I'll join forces with Yesung. You needed to call me way sooner though! Why am I always the last to know things?" he twitched his mouth in a grimace of disappointment, as he lifted a hand and placed it to pat Kyuhyun's back in a gently, yet hope-rinvigorating gesture.

"Yes, where were you almighty Choi Siwon, when I needed to know the truth way earlier than breaking up with my fiancé?" Kyuhyun sighed, long and sharp, and slumped his shoulders in discomfort.

"I was helping less fortunate children with their education and...wait, repeat that! Does that mean that you did finally propose to him?" Siwon's mouth parted in wonderment for such a good news.

"Of course! And he accpted, just... your sister ruined everything right when I was planning my wedding in joint collaboration with my father. Am I not a less fortunate child that needs your help now?" Kyuhyun pouted, hoping not to give in to his stupid wimps and tear up for good.

"You are. Come on, hurry up. I think that Yesung will need to get your divorce papers ready as soon as possible, because when everything will be back to normal, I absolutely don't want to miss attending your wedding to Ryeowook!"

"Neither do I, honestly" Kyuhyun managed a faint laugh, affecting also Siwon who responded with a smile.

Right when Jiwon was getting ready to leave the house, she preceded the two men outside and walked into the elevator, glancing for a last time to the weak illusion that she had managed to create with her hands and that was embodied by the expensive apartment, in which she wished to live her fake marriage life.

While the group was now driving to Incheon, with the airport getting always closer and closer, she silently looked outside the window and noticed the stillness of the scenery that passed fast by and that in truth didn't move.

The comparison appeared meaningless at first, but then she realized that, unlike the buildings and natural elements all around, she was asked to move on and find a way to live in complete sincerity with herself.

A little smile appeared on her lips as she already envisioned herself living a happy life in Paris, alone with her baby. A last glimpse at the nervousness Kyuhyun had depicted all over his face made her convince that all the lies said and professed during those months needed to be seriously ceased, but...there was no real need, or rush, to start right from the morrow. Truth could be waiting a little bit more.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Finally an update for this too! I know I promised to update it yesterday, but I had some issues and could not do it earlier. So, the truth is slowly being unveiled. Siwon's not bad at all, like you all first suspected at the very beginning, but he's playing the role of the good fairy! kkk *imagines Siwon all dressed in a glittering outfit with fluttering wings and wand* o.o Ergh...uhm, yes...>> 

Okay, back to us...as usual, I'd like to read your comments about this. Next chapter will have a surprise twist ._. And in the meanwhile, since I'm feeling kind, I might update also my other ongoing fanfic On A Rainy Day - Angel Wings (*advert time*). Please support both works! xxx