Hesitancy

Stardust

It almost 10 in the evening when finally Sisi reached her condo, she was tired to the bone for all the office work she did all day. Being a chief editor was not easy, well, it was never been. But as soon as she opened the door her eyebrows knitted together upon seeing a pair of guy’s shoes which she could tell whose was it.

 

‘Oppa?’ Sisi called but her voice echoed back in the spacious room. Sisi frowned deeper when she could not find the owner of the shoes.

‘Oppa?’ she called when she opened every door of her condo.

 

Still none.

 

‘Op—’ she trailed her call upon seeing a figure curled under the blanket hugging one of her plushie.

 

Sisi sighed and quietly went inside her room to change and then went out again to prepare supper for both of them because she was sure—after witnessing the knocked out Hyunjin—her Oppa had not eat anything for dinner. Sometimes—well, most of the times actually—he was just as stubborn as her when it comes to work. There times when they will nag to each other but to no avail, the habbit was still continue.

Sisi was about to put the last dish on the dining table when she heard muffled foot steps followed by faint yawn. She looked up only found that Hyunjin was approaching her.

 

‘What’s for dinner?’ he asked as he pulled out a chair.

‘Just normal dinner?’ Sisi cuckled.

 

Hyunjin however, picked up chopstick without saying anything else, meal with Sisi means balance diet food, there always green veggies—which he prefer not eating it but knowing Sisi, he would not set himself at trouble—aside meat and he had to accept it.

 

‘Don’t you eat?’ Hyunjin asked when Sisi was busily against kitchen counter.

‘After this,’ Sisi shortly replied.

‘What are you making?’

 

Sisi did not answer; instead, she put a baking pan to the oven before she sat accros Hyunjin.

 

‘Are you busy?’ Hyunjin asked. And the question alone made Sisi furrowed.

‘I always busy Oppa,’ Sisi stated a matter of fact.

Hyunjin chuckled and mockingly said, ‘right I forgot that you’re the-busy-editor-in-chief,’

 

Sisi stucked out her tongue.

 

‘What is it?’ she asked.

‘I’ll show you something later,’ Hyunjin grinned.

 

A half an hour later, both Sisi and Hyunjin settled themselves down on the carpeted floor in the living room, couple plates of apple pies lied on the coffee table bearby; Hyunjin started to rummage his bag and took out a folder.

 

‘Here,’ he handed over to Sisi, which she received. ‘So, this is concept I’d like to have for new album,’

‘Have you showed this to Appa?’ Sisi asked.

‘No, not yet,’ Hyunjin shook his head. ‘I’d like you see these first and tell me what your opinion is?’

 

Sisi opened the folder, she was about to check what inside it when she froze. She barely listened to Hyunjin’s explanation about the concept itself. This was the thing she afraid the most, fact she had no courage to face.

 

 

 

The ugy truth.

***

‘I’m waiting for you at home, go home whenever you think you’re ready,’ Yifan quietly told to his son, they were at Incheon airport, about to going back to Vancouver.

 

Luhan heaved a deep breath before nodded, he did not know if he was ready with the truth his Dad about to reveal but that was one of his reasons to move up in here. Why he should move if the truth was in his own home? He had no idea.

The plane was long take off but Luhan was still in the departure longue, sitting alone staring at nothing particular.

 

‘Lu,’

 

Luhan looked up only to find Sisi stared down at him.

 

‘Everyone is about to go back home,’ Sisi told as she took the seat next to him.

‘You go ahead Jie, told the other too, I’ll be here for moment,’ Luhan replied without looking at her.

 

Sisi sighed before she fished out her phone and quickly typed a message.

 

‘You know you can tell me,’ Sisi began.

‘Why didn’t you leave with the other?’ Luhan asked, he seemed surprise upon hearing Sisi’s question.

‘And left you alone in here?’ Sisi scoffed.

 

Luhan puffed out a deep breath before saying;

 

‘I tempted to going back to Vancouver right now but at the same time I’m afraid.’

‘Did Kris tell you anything?’ Sisi carefully asked.

‘I guessed it right Jie,’ Luhan paused.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘I’m adopted.’

***

‘Lu Ge,’

 

Luhan turned to the side, Juniel’s head poked from the cracking door behind him.

 

‘Yes?’

‘Can I come in?’ Juniel.

‘Sure, why not?’ Luhan smiled and he closed the files he was reading and turned his swiveled chair.

‘Are you busy?’ Luhan furrowed upon hearing the question. ‘Recently you seemed busy and often shut yourself in the room or going out and get back late,’

‘Am I?’

 

Juniel nodded. Luhan seemed surprise by his sister’s concern; he thought there no one would notice his change behavior.

 

‘I thought you’re busy as well?’

 

Juniel scoffed and she threw herself into his brother’s bed.

 

‘I’m busy but I still have time to pay attention of my sibling,’

 

Upon hearing the “sibling” word came out from the girl in his bed, Luhan wondered what does she felt about being adopted.

 

‘Where’s Sehun?’ Luhan asked.

Juniel raised his eyebrow, ‘still in school? I heard he’ll have training after class.

‘How did you cope with your feeling?’ Luhan asked as he swiveled his chair around, to hide his uneasiness.

‘Huh?’ Juniel sat up straight, confuse with the question.

‘When you know you’re adopted,’ Luhan quietly explained. Opposite from what he expected, there a smile bloomed from her small lips, a proud smile.

‘I’m proud of Mum and Dad,’

 

However the answer was not the thing he could understand, Luhan looked at Juniel with questioning look. Apparently she understood and she sighed before start saying;

 

‘Well, it’s not something nice to know at the beginning but when I think about this over and over again, I know that I shouldn’t let my self down just because of this. I’m the luckiest girl alive for having such nice live, great parents, although they’re foster parents and cool siblings like you and Sehun—and Luhan could not hide his smile upon hearing that—there los of kids that unlucky and had to live in orphanage or street. So I have to be greatful for what I have right now.’

‘Don’t you want to know your biological parents?’ Luhan asked again.

‘There time I wanted to know, and why I end up with Mun and Dad, but that’s not necessary. If one day they show up then I’ll acknowledge them otherwise, it’s fine. Frankly, I don’t need them; Mum and Dad are more than enough.’

 

To say that his conversation with Juniel did not affect his feeling definitely was a lie. Luhan was still holding the files Xiumin gave him last week, he had the feeling of which one from those was his father, but, should he go to find them? Or going back to Vancouver and let his Dad reveal everything?

 

 

 

 

Jie, what should I do?

 

 

Hey, update again ^^

Enjoy reading :)