Secret

Stardust

Luhan tapped his phone softly, he was just scrolling through news where Hyunjin was once again became headline all over the countries after last night performance in CNBLUE’s reunion concert. Medias made fuss over it and—again and over again—linked everything with Sisi, the only girl who ever close to him for so long. It bothering hi because he knew, the thing was not like what people think of, both of them…

 

‘Sorry we’re late,’ a voice snapped Luhan back to reality. He looked up only to find Suho and Xiumin before him.

 

Both of them settled on the empty chairs before him and soon Xiumin pulled a folder and pushed it to Luhan.

 

‘These are what I could find, there too many but I particularly fond of these,’ Xiumin explained and he flipped the pages and pointed to the files inside it. Luhan scanned through the files and made a quick reading before looked up to Xiumin. ‘Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the model who supposed to be his mistress, she disappeared in Prague.’

‘Prague?’

 

Xiumin nodded much to Luhan dreadful fear.

 

‘Luhan are you okay?’ Suho asked when he saw Luhan drain color.

‘Ethan was born in Prague,’ Luhan swallowed.

‘Ethan?’

***

‘I can’t believe that it’s been a week you’re here,’ Mari said to the man sitting across her.

‘Yeah and it’s been a week to I’m away from my office,’ Yifan chuckled.

 

Both of them were sitting across each other in the Mari’s office after lunch.

 

‘Don’t you have any concern to going back home?’ Yifan asked, Mari did not reply, she was just smile. ‘Elaine is getting old and she refuse Jimmy’s offer to move to California.’

‘I don’t know Yifan, my home is here,’

I thought, your relationship and Elaine was good,’ Yifan sighed.

‘We are,’ Mari nodded. ‘It just, I don’t think I could get back there.’

‘Is it too hard for you?’

‘I don’t know, I never think about that again, I think I already wrapped it as past, but seriously, I never picture myself living in there… once again.’

‘Well if you think so,’ Yifan raised his hands in defeat. ‘But Mari, the company needs someone to handle, Jimmy refuses to take over and I can’t lean a hand forever.’

‘I never think about it,’

‘Think about it then—’ Yifan’s word interrupted by his vibrated phone on the table. He frowned upon seeing the name on the screen, he picked it up nevertheless.

‘Yes,’

 

Yifan listened attentively when the other line spoke to him, he leaned his head to the backrest and occasionally he pinched the bridge of his nose.

 

‘Maria, please treat her good, if she doesn’t mind she can stay in my home otherwise book her proper hotel, I’ll be home tomorrow.’ Yifan instructed his PA and he hung up the call after she said she understood.

‘I hope it’s not a problem,’ Mari said.

‘I don’t know if I count this is a problem or fortune,’ Yifan chuckled rather bitterly.

‘What do you expect?’

Yifan shrugged. ‘Whatever happens, they’re still my children, Luhan, Juni and Sehun are all the same, my kids.’

‘Speaking of Luhan, I sense that he was up for something,’

Yifan nodded, ‘I think he is, but I let him, and just pretend that I know nothing, he’s a man, he needs to sort problem by himself though I hope he’ll talk to me instead he looking for answer from outside,’

‘Life is never been easy,’ Mari quoted.

 

Yifan laughed and he stood up followed by Mari.

 

‘Well, gotta go, I need to catch up with my family since I’ll be leaving tomorrow,’

‘Alright, send my hug for Michelle,’

‘Sure,’ with that Yifan left the lavish office and disappeared behind the kissing door.

***

Luhan skipped his football training today; it was such a rare occasion since he was into that sport. He could miss the whole word but not football, but today was another story.

The condo he was living was quite, his Mum went to shopping with Juniel while his Dad was off with his friend and Sehun, he was still in school. Being alone in home, Luhan scanned the files Xiumin gave him earlier, he learned it one by one and summarizing the information he thought useful. The silence broke by the sound of the front door opened, Luhan’s ears perked up and he hastily hide the folder on his drawer before he made his way out of his room to look for who was coming in.

 

‘Dad?’

 

Yifan turned around as he gulped the water.

 

‘Oh, you’re home? I thought you’re at training centre, I was about to go there,’ Yifan questioned his son.

‘I don’t feel like training do I skip it,’ Luhan said as he opened the fridge and took out two cans of beer and put it on the counter bar and he hopped on one of the bar stool.

‘That’s new,’ Yifan pointed out and he too, hopped next to his son. ‘Anyway,’ Yifan reached out for a can and popped it open, ‘I don’t think that Mum will agree with this,’

Luhan laughed, ‘It’s already on the fridge for more than a week yet Mum didn’t say anything,’

‘I hope you’re right,’ Yifan nodded.

‘So Dad, can I ask you something?’

‘Sure,’ Yifan sipped his beer as his eyes fell on his eldest son.

 

Luhan did not immediately ask but he took a long breath instead. He was waiting for this almost half off a year already and now… why it seemed so hard just for asking?

 

‘Well?’ Yifan questioned when Luhan did not ask anything yet.

‘I was wondering,’ Luhan started after he sipped rather large amount of the golden liquid on his hand. ‘Who is Ethan?’

 

Yifan turned his head almost immediately and he swore his body stiffened upon mentioning the name.

 

‘Ethan?’ he repeated and Luhan nodded. Yifan sipped his beer, his brain frantically processing the question and trying to find the best answer possible so instead of answering, he questioned. ‘You’ve done the background check I supposed?’

 

Luhan nodded.

Silence befallen over the spacious kitchen both of them occasionally sipped their beer without saying anything.

 

‘What kind of answer you want to hear?’ eventually it was Yifan who broke the ice.

‘Have you ever planned to tell anything about him?’

‘Only when he’s ready,’

‘When?’

‘Look, I didn’t defend myself for keeping him all by myself—’

‘I just wanna know the truth Dad!’ Luhan’s voice rose up.

‘I’m asking what kind of answer you wanna hear because I can’t tell you anything,’

‘Why?’

‘I won’t tell you with my mouth, I wanna show you instead and you’ll know by yourself who is he, how he end up in the place where he is right now, and why I kept quite all these while,’

‘So Ethan is true or not?’

‘True,’

‘Oh my god,’ Luhan muttered and he brought his both palms onto his face, buried it.

‘Spare time and go home, I’ll show you,’

‘Just tell me everything now,’ Luhan said merely a whisper, face was still buried on his palms.

‘I can’t, the last thing parents wanna do is hurting their children’s feeling,’ Yifan shook his head.

‘I’m already hurt now; it wouldn’t make any difference,’

‘Your pain is not even a tip of Ethan’s if you know the whole story of him,’ Yifan sipped the last drop of his beer and playing with the empty can. ‘When you go home, I’ll take it that you’re ready to feel the pain and I’ll show you,’

***

Luhan leaned against the headboard in his dark room, alone. The conversation with his Dad kept on playing inside his mind like a broken record.

‘Your pain is not even a tip of Ethan’s if you know the whole story of him,’

What kind of life Ethan has been through?

Reluctantly Luhan reached for his phone and dialed a speed dial.

 

‘Yes Lu?’

 

Cue for a smile boomed as soon as the line picked up the call.

 

‘Are you busy?’ Luhan asked when he heard some shuffling sound.

‘No, I just reading some magazines,’

‘In your office?’

‘In my bed,’

‘That’s good to hear,’ Luhan remarked. He knew how much Sisi likes to do everytime almost everyday she was pretty much workaholic for sure.

‘…u …Lu, are you still there?

‘Yes Jie?’ Luhan snapped back into reality.

‘What happen?’ Sisi asked softly.

‘It’s nothing, I was just distracted by something,’ Luhan replied but apparently Sisi did not buy his lie.

‘What do you take me for? I know your mood just by your voice young man, so tell me what happen?’

‘I forgot that,’ Luhan chuckled. ‘I found something intriguing,’

‘About?’

‘Do you ever hear someone named Ethan?’

‘Ethan?’

 

Luhan automatically nodded when Sisi repeated his question unaware that Sisi could not see it.

 

‘Who is Ethan?’ Sisi questioned once again.

‘He’s just someone, I guess? I don’t know,’ someone I wish never exist maybe; Luhan finished the sentence in his head. ‘Well, I’ll go to bed Jie, you too, it’s late already.’

Sisi chuckled upon hearing that, ‘Alright, you need to go to school tomorrow, sleep tight Lu,’

‘Sweet dream,’ Luhan bid Sisi goodbye, ‘Don’t stay up too late Jie!’

‘Alright, got it,’ Sisi laughed before she heard “beep” from the other line and the call disconnected.

 

Somehow, the small talked with Sisi put Luhan’s mood at ease and for now, all h wanted to do is to rest his mind completely and re-think about the mess tomorrow.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

 

 

 

Hi...

Update again ^^

Hopefully this will continue and I can update regularly ^^

Enjoy the update and see you around ....