Family

Stardust

 

 

 

‘Lu Ge~~’ Juniel sang as she opened Luhan’s room door which the latter automatically minimize the page he was reading before he raised his head.

‘Yes?’

‘Dinner is ready,’ his younger sister grinned at him which he smiled back.

‘Okay, I’ll be there shortly,’ Luhan replied, Juniel nodded and closed the door while Luhan exited from his laptop and stood up, joining his sister for dinner.

‘Where’s Sehun?’ Luhan asked as he pulled the chair before Juniel.

‘Supposed to be here soon,’ Juniel shrugged.

 

True to the word, both Luhan and Juniel were not starting their meal when Sehun entering the lavish condo.

 

‘Dinner,’ Sehun chirped happily, ‘I smell something tasty,’

 

There nothing much to say during dinner, and for while there was only the clink of goblets and the sound of chewing filled the dining room until Luhan broke the ice.

 

‘You look busier recently,’ he told Juniel, ‘don’t overwork yourself,’

 

Juniel looked up and smiled;

 

‘Don’t worry Ge, I won’t,’

‘That’s good, and you too Sehun,’ the said name shoot up, ‘don’t be home too late often, Mum will find out, she has so many eyes. Don’t deny it,’ Luhan pointed his chopstick when the younger was about to deny and defend himself.

‘Neh Ge, understood,’ Sehun solemnly replied. ‘By the way Ge, do you have any idea why Dad will visit again this weekend?’

‘This weekend?’ Luhan and Juniel asked in unison and Sehun nodded.

 

“Mr. Ong please, just this time okay? I really need the cash,” Sehun was on phone with Yifan’s assistant seeking for help from the elder.

“But really Sehun I can’t. If you Dad found out you’ll be in trouble.” Replied the old man.

“He won’t trust me!”

“Please tell me when will you leave Korea?”

“On the weekend,”

“You can’t go; your Dad will go to Korea this weekend.”

“What?! What for? He was just here like… a week?”

“I don’t know; the plane was scheduled to fly to Korea. Sehun,”

“Yes?”

“Go on holiday after your Dad get back here ok, don’t make a fuss, your Dad seemed to have loads of problem, be a good boy there,”

 

‘So Mum and Dad will come here this weekend?’ Luhan murmured.

‘I don’t know about Mum but Dad will, do you think it’s business trip? But I think they don’t have business partner in Korea?’ Sehun asked.

‘Business has many ways to expand, who knows Dad manage to expand to Asia, but Sehun,’ Sehun looked up with curiosity but almost instantly his face fell upon hearing his brother’s continuation. ‘What exactly cash did you ask from Mr. Ong? And where did you plan to go?

‘Ugh?’ Damn busted, Sehun mentally cried and regretted himself why did he ask about his Dad’s schedule?

 

Juniel inwardly chuckled as she looked at her brothers to and fro.

 

‘Well?’ Luhan impatiently asked.

 

Sighing deeply, Sehun finally speak up;

 

‘I asked Mr. Ong to help me with some cash, I wanna go China,’

‘China?’

‘Yeah, sort of holiday?’

‘Sehun, you know that you shouldn’t bother Mr. Ong anymore, you’re grown up man now beside he has lots of stuff to deal already ...’

 

Lectured, I see that one coming, you stupid, Sehun mentally scolded himself.

***

Luhan plopped himself in his bed after gave Sehun long lectured during their dinner; slowly he brought his left arm to cover his eyes. This weekend, what things his Dad supposed to do—again—in Korea, as far as he knows the company has not expand to Korea yet, well there office branch in Beijing but it did not significantly grow, even his Dad one-sidedly cut ties with Chinese partner, not that he knows the reason of. And he never heard the plan about expanding to Korea either, what would it be?

And if it right this weekend, that was mean he needed to cancel his trip.

Sigh

Luhan hauled his body and reached his laptop on his desk, switched it on and began to search some more.

***

‘You looked pretty close with Hyunjin Hyung recently,’ Sehun commented as he pushed the trolley.

‘He’s my personal teacher, that’s why,’ Juniel shrugged and kept looking at her notes of what things she needs to buy.

 

Both of them were at grocery shop, after long lectured last night, Sehun was quite a good boy, no surprise because he wanted to get his eldest brother’s good book. However it was Luhan who in charge in here and his good remark would help him to gain trust from his mother. Sehun didn’t not like to admit but his mother was not that please with everything about him, especially when it come to trust’s word.

 

“You’re still the kid of family,” she always said, much to Sehun’s annoyance.

 

‘Don’t you afraid it could backfire you?’

‘Backfire?’ Juniel asked as she stopped in the vegetables section and picked some of them.

‘Don’t take much of them,’ Sehun pointed to the carrot Juniel currently holding.

‘But it’s good…’

‘Whatever just picks any veggies but those,’

 

Juniel shrugged and put down two bags of carrots back on its place before she took other veggies with Sehun tailed closely behind.

 

‘You know, boy and girl tend to have complicated relationship,’

 

Juniel looked her brother over her shoulder and laughed.

 

‘Hyunjin Oppa?’ Sehun nodded and he reached out boxes of cereal and dropped it into the trolley. ‘I believe he prefer mature woman like Sisi Eonnie instead of high school girl like me,’ Juniel amusingly chuckled.

‘No one knows what happen in the future,’

‘I still rule out the possibility,’

‘If you say so,’ Sehun shrugged and continue to push the trolley.

***

 

Luhan rubbed his temple upon seeing the tower of folders in Sisi’s desk, she was never change, he sigh as he whipped his head around, looking for the owner of the lavish office.

 

‘Oh,’ Sisi who was reading her folders when she entered her office, startled by unexpected visitor on her office.

‘You always overwork yourself Jie,’ Luhan said in disapproval tone.

 

Sisi chuckled and crossed the room only to toss the folder she was holding on the desk before she headed to the mini fridge to take out two cans of greentea.

 

‘Well, I’ll be busier since Mum will step down; I still have not decided to take up the challenge to be Editor in Chief though, but since I’m the Vice right now, I’ll get all the fuzz,’ Sisi shrugged and handed on of the can to Luhan.

‘Auntie will resign?’ Luhan asked as he sat down on the single couch and popped the can open. Sisi nodded and she too, took seat before the younger. ‘Why though?’

‘Why what?’

‘Auntie’s resignation,’

‘Oh, well, Mum said she wanted to spent her time alone with Dad and sort of,’ Sisi shrugged.

‘Wow that’s so romantic,’ Luhan chuckled. ‘What about you Jie?’

‘Mum offered the Chief's chair but I haven’t decided yet,’

‘It isn’t what I mean,’ Luhan leaned back to the head rest and playing with his almost empty can while Sisi looked at him with questioning look. ‘I mean your private like boyfriend, settle down or such?’

 

Sisi bursted into fit laughter upon hearing the younger’s question.

 

‘I’ve never think about that, it’s still long way to go for me,’ she shook her head as Luhan simply shrugging his shoulders

 

Silence befallen over the lavish office, Luhan mindlessly playing with his now empty can while Sisi leaned into backrest and closed her eyes, resting.

 

‘Anyway,’ Luhan started and lightly sighed before he continued, ‘I decided to find the answer by myself,’

 

Sisi opened her eyes and furrowed;

 

‘What kind of answer you willing to look for by yourself?’

‘I find a trace about Ethan,’

‘Ethan?’

 

Luhan nodded.

 

‘Alright,’ Sisi sat up straight and looked at the younger with serious expression, ‘can you tell me who this Ethan is? You mentioned him quite often yet I have no idea about him,’

‘He—‘

 

Knock Knock Knock

 

‘Come in,’ Sisi called and effectively cut Luhan’s reply. It was her PA.

‘There message from Mr. Hyunjin, he said he’ll pick you up at six,’ the girl said and Sisi tilted her head to checked on her wrist watch and nodded. The girl excused and once again the door closed.

‘You’ve date with Hyunjin’s Hyung?’ Luhan asked.

‘Date?’ Sisi asked with eyes widened, Luhan shrugged and stood up, grabbed his bag that lied on the floor, ‘where are you goin’?’

‘Home,’ Luhan shortly replied but he stopped his track after several steps and called the elder in the room, ‘Jie, I know you’re close to Dad, but I hope you know that I told you any of these stuffs, my stuff, is because I trust you.  I trust you; you’re wise enough for either told him or keeping everything only for yourself.’

‘Why are you telling me this?’ Sisi frowned and she too, stood up, only to find Luhan was standing with his back facing her.

‘Just in case, with you being Dad’s God daughter and all, I’m home Jie, don’t over work yourself,’ with that Luhan made his way to the door without looking back.

 

Hello, sorry for late updates, I've been on Eid holiday with my family so yeah, no time to catch up with all the updates, plus, Fanfan keeping busy too.

Eid Mubarak to all you you that celebrated it ^^

Welcome to new subs, (I forget the account but still thank you for your support ^^) I hope you guys enjoy my story.

Ps: I'm thinking to fasten the pace of this story, what do you think?