Vague

Stardust

 

Sisi rubbed her forehead and her other hand flipped back and forth the proposal Hyunjin gave her few days ago.  After sometimes she leaned back on her leather chair, she had yet decided what to do with the proposal. She wanted to give it up and asked Hyunjin to look for somebody else but, she found it ridiculous, especially the reason was too personal.

You’re being unprofessional, subconscious told her.

Sighed heavily, Sisi fished out her phone and made a call, I’ll put aside my personal matter.

***

Sehun raised his eyebrow when he saw a figure leaned against the wall of his dance studio.

 

‘Lu Ge~’

‘Eh, hey, I thought you’re inside?’ Luhan looked at his brother and the studio one to another.

‘I just came out to take this,’ Sehun rose up his hand and showed to cans of ginger beer,’

‘Ginger beer? At time like his?’ Luhan furrowed.

 

The younger mischievously grinned and he stated to pull the double door, and he hold it gestured to the elder to come in.

 

‘What time your practice is finish?’ Luhan asked as he entered the room.

‘I’m finish already,’ replied Sehun and he called his friends who were sprawled on the floor with various things to do, there who play with his phone, there simply fooling around and such. ‘Hey guys,’ several heads looked up to Sehun upon hearing his call. ‘Here, meet my twin,’

‘What?!’ a chorus of in disbelif erupted in the spacious room surrounded by mirror walls.

‘Ya Wu Shixun!’ Luhan practically yelled at his younger brother and when he used Chinese term, it meant either he was mad or very serious, so this one too. ‘What twin are you talking about?!’

Sehun did not reply but grinned widely and replied with the same Chinese, ‘you’ve to be proud of yourself if they bought my crap, Ge,’

 

Apparently Sehun’s friends indeed bought his crap thus Luhan had no idea what he wanted to do to the younger, either he wanted to wanted to smack the back of his head or just like what he said, feeling proud of himself but upon seeing the mischievous grin on Sehun’s face, Luhan decided to do both.

 

‘Your class seems fun,’ Luhan commented as he poked his ramen.

 

Both of them were sitting across to each other in the ramen shop near by Sehun’s school.

 

‘Ehem,’ Sehun hummed and nodded, he swallowed his food before added; ‘But tiring,’

‘Life is not easy, you know,’ Luhan chuckled.

‘Yeah that’s true,’ Sehun laughed. ‘Frankly, I still can’t believe that Dad allow me to dance,’ Luhan looked up to his brother and casted him a question look. ‘I always thought that Dad will ask me to learn business like you,’

‘And what made you think that way?’

 

Sehun shrugged and reached out a glass of water.

 

‘Mostly parents are like that?’ Sehun questioned.

Luhan chuckled, ‘maybe but did you forget once Dad is basketball player?’

‘And that have nothing to do with dance,’ both of them laughed. ‘Oh by the way speaking about Dad, did you know something Lu Ge?’

‘What is it?’ Luhan raised eyebrow.

‘I don’t know exactly but it was one of the reasons why Mum and Dad hurriedly went back to Vancouver, it’s something about Juni,’

***

‘I’m very sorry for the wait Mrs. Choi,’ Yifan slightly bowed to the half aged woman who was now stood up and bowed to him.

‘No, it’s alright Mr. Wu.’ The said Mrs. Choi replied timidly.

 

Yifan ed his jacket and sit down at single sofa and he gestured her to sit as well.

 

‘So, how’s my staff treating you? Is it alright? I hope you can stay well in here,’ Yifan started.

‘They’re all treating me very well Sir, actually you don’t need to go through trouble for me, I can take care of myself,’ she said.

‘No,’ Yifan shook his head and added. ‘You’re my guest in here Mrs. Choi and it’s only right if I treat you like one. And about the matter, I’m sure my PA was already explaining to you, I hope you don’t mind.’

‘I know it’s necessary Sir,’

‘Thank you and one more thing, can we invite you for dinner Mrs. Choi?’ Yifan asked.

‘Oh sure, it would be my honor Sir,’ Mrs. Choi smiled. ‘If this is all Sir, I’ll take my leave, I’m sorry to disturb your time.’

‘Not at all, Mrs. Choi,’

 

The woman stood up and extended her hand which Yifan stood up and shook her hand.

 

‘Thank you for everything Sir,’

‘I thank you too Mrs. Choi. My PA will let you know when and the place for our dinner.’

‘Thank you again Sir,’

 

Yifan nodded and Mrs. Choi left his office. Left him alone and stared at the door where the petite figure once disappeared.

It’s all about the time, he sighed and turned his heal to resumed his work.

***

Sisi and Juniel walked side by side and occasionally stopped by and commented or even discussed the painting that hung on the wall. If you wonder how both of them end up in such place, let’s rewind of what happen few days ago in the Sisi’s office.

Sisi fished out her phone and dialed some numbers and waited for the other line to pick up her call.

‘Eonnie,’ Juniel picked up the call after second rings.

‘Hey, busy?’ Sisi asked.

‘No, not really, is there anything?’ Juniel curiously asked. It was not often that Sisi asked to go out considering how busy she was.                                     

‘I was wondering if you’re free his Friday afternoon, I want to show you something,’

‘If it’s okay after 3 ‘o’clock? I finish my class at 3,’ Juniel hesitantly told the elder.

‘Okay, I’ll picked you up by the gate,’

 

After about an hour walking around the exhibition area, Sisi led the younger to the coffee shop next to the exhibition building.

 

‘I don’t know if you’ll take e to the fine art exhibition, it’s so cool!’ Juniel excitedly said.

‘Glad that you find it interesting, I was afraid that you didn’t like it,’ Sisi smiled.

‘And why did you think I won’t like it?’ Juniel questioned.

 

Sisi did not replay immediately since the waitress arrived with their order on her tray. After muttering thank, Sisi looked up to the younger and smiled, ‘well, not many people like fine art.’

 

‘I like every piece of art,’ Juniel shrugged and slowly stirred her coffee floats and poked the vanilla ice cream with her straw and tasted it. ‘Dad taught me much kind of arts, so that’s why.’

‘I see,’ Sisi nodded and took a small sip of her ice coffee. ‘Anyway, can I ask you favor?’

‘Anything Eonnie, if I can help why not?’      

‘Well,’ Sisi reached out his bag and opened the fly and took out small binder which she pushed it to Juniel. ‘So, I have this kind concept for the next issue, the problem is I’m too old for these and I need the fresh one. Do you think you can help?’

Juniel quickly flipped the pages and scanned it, ‘it’s like doodling or something?’

‘About that, I haven’t decided yet, if doodling is the best choice, why not?’

 

Juniel nodded.

 

‘And the concept is; puppy love of h-schooler, and winter?’

‘Yes, that’s why, I need your help, you’re the perfect candidate for me, you know to take is as realistic as possible.’

‘Alright I get it, but Eonnie, I have no experience with love,’ Juniel sheepishly rubbed her back of her neck.

Sisi laughed, ‘just learn that first and if you come up with anything let me know,’

‘Alright, I’ll give it a try,’ Juniel agreed much to Sisi’s delight.

‘Ah one more thing, can this be our little secret?’

 

Juniel smiled and nodded.

 

‘Of course!’

***

Luhan lied flat on his back, it was past midnight but his eyes were wide awake, he hated how his brain recently worked because it looked like his memory worked too good for his liking. His brain will keep replying almost of information that he wanted to leave behind even for while.

And to irritate him more, his brain seemed bias with the thing they played. They only played something to make his curiosity grew time after time.

“It’s about Juni,” Sehun’s voice rung for nth times already and Luhan had to bury his head under pillow in hope those thoughts would leave him to sleep in peace.

But he was wrong.

What happen with Juni? Why did his parents hurriedly went back home because of it?

Arggggh you Sehun! look what you've done to me, Luhan rolled over buried his face on the matress, hopefully he can sleep now.