Don't Be Afraid

Let Me Be Your Voice

'Bye Hyesungie! I'll see you later' 

Eric waved his hand to me and smiled. That day I have another family meeting at the castle that I don't want to attend. But after my parents persuade me multiple of times, I sighed and nodded. 

When I found out that Eric won't be coming with me, my mood had dropped from 70% to 1%. I nibbled his shirt as I don't want him to leave me alone. I don't know why but I felt something would happened that day.

'Don't worry Hyesungie... I'm going to see you later, no matter what... I promise' he linked his pinky finger with mine. It made me felt a little bit relieved and smiled.

I'll see him later. He promised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'ERIC!' 

'Yes Mr Kim? Is anything wrong?' I asked when I picked up the phone only to hear my head of security yelled.

'Someone kidnapped Lord Hyesung and we couldn't track him!'

'WHAT?! HOW CAN THAT BE?!' I raised up my voice. 

'We were ambushed while on the way there... Just wait at the house and we'll be coming home now... Call every security and the FBI to the house'

After I made the call, I clenched my fist so hard that my knuckles were turning white. At a point, I blamed the security and bodyguards for not doing their work properly. But most of all, I blamed myself for not being there for him. I promised him that I'll meet him there and now...

All the securities including Hyesung's parents and FBI have arrived. Hyesung's mother hugged me and kept on crying on how she didn't want same thing happened and how she couldn't bear to lose another child. I didn't know what to reply because it was my fault this happened. If only I listened to Hyesung...

'Sir! There's a call' one of the FBI exclaimed.

'Now, my Lord... Please stay calm and whatever you do, don't panicked. Ask them for Lord Hyesung first' Mr Kim explain causing Hyesung's dad to nod.

During the call, the Duke was surprisingly suppressing his nervousness and answered the kidnapper's demands calmly. He asked for his son confidently and I sighed in relieved when I heard him grumbled. The kidnapper demanded 50 million USD and the money has to be prepared before tomorrow's end. If not, they will start sending Hyesung's body parts.

My heart clenched when I heard that. The Duchess and Duke have started crying, not because of the money but obviously because of their son's safety, they're worried that the kidnappers won't stay true to their words. They tried to track Hyesung's phone but failed miserably as the phone has been switched off or crushed by the kidnappers. 

Eh? 

Speaking of phone...

'I KNOW! Track this serial number, H11E02' I rushed to the guy who conduct the computer IT.

'Why?'

'Just do it will you?!' I raised my voice up unintentionally. After waiting anxiously for minutes, they got a respond. A positive respond!

'It's at an abandon warehouse outskirt of Seoul' 

I clapped my hand once as a celebratory sign and smirked.

'My Lord' I walked towards Hyesung's parents, it broke my heart to see them in that state.

'Eric?! Please tell me you got something... Please' Duke said with a pleading tone.

'I do... The kidnappers that we are dealing with is not professional since they didn't do a thorough check on Hyesung, which is an advantage to us... And we've located Hyesung's whereabouts'

'How? They probably took Hyesung's phone and crushed it' Mr Kim asked weirdly.

'I know but they didn't crush the keychain I gave to him... I asked my friend to insert a tracking device into the keychain if anything happen... And something did happen today' I sighed and unknowingly clenched my fist.

'Then let's gather all the teams and attack the warehouse tonight' Mr Kim instructed.

'Not tonight... Let's do it early morning when they caught off guard' 

I gripped his arm and stared intensely at him. He nodded slowly in agreement. I persuaded Duke and Duchess to go to the safe house and waited for Hyesung there. At first, they hesitated but after saying that Hyesung won't like to see them being like that, they obeyed.

*Hyesung love, please wait...*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyesung's POV

*Where am I?*

I slowly opened and glanced around. Immediately I remembered what happened. I was kidnapped and tied up to a chair while soaking wet that the kidnappers splashed a pail of water on me. When they called my parents last night, I could sense their fears and it made me cry. 

'Yah yah! Why are you crying?!' a voice yelled. 

When I looked closely, there was someone in the dark with a mask on. He came towards me and slapped me on the cheeks. They've been forcing me to talk but I didn't comply and that made them to slap and hit me hard.

I was praying to God that Eric will come and safe me. Only him that I want and trust at this right moment. Will he going to safe me?

'If it's not that stupid bodyguard boyfriend of yours who beat us, we wouldn't be so harsh on you!' one of the kidnappers hissed under his breath.

*Eric?*

'Don't pretend that you don't know'

He walked towards me and lifted my chin up. I tried to look away in disgust but he held my chin harshly. He observed my face like I'm some kind of object. But what made me terrified and frightened was that I saw a glimpse of lust in his eyes.

'Well well well... For a mute prince like you, you really do look beautiful... Has anyone do you? Or are you an amateur?' he smirked and leaned in so that our faces only inches from each other.

*Eric, come and save me! I'm scared!*

Suddenly, I heard noises behind the boxes and big containers. The kidnapper quickly untied me and grabbed my arm harshly.

'STOP!' a shout was heard from behind while the kidnapper was trying to escape with me, still as the hostage.

I looked at the kidnapper who froze in his spot but I could just smile and sighed in relieved. Why? Because I recognised the voice. 

But what I didn't expect is that the kidnapper took out a knife and held it around my neck. One move, and I'm dead for sure. He turned around together with me to face Eric. Eric on the other hand was shocked to see my condition but he tried to remain calm so that I won't get so terrified than I am now.

'Don't you dare take another step!' the kidnapper yelled when he saw Eric who was trying to walk towards me. 

Eric halted but still managed to hold his pistol that was pointing to the kidnapper. Eric gave him a murderous glare before looking at me. When he looked at me, he smiled and in seconds, all my worries and fears were gone. I believe that everything was going to be okay as long as Eric was in front of me.

'Just surrender, we already caught your friend... If you do, the punishment won't be that harsh in court' Eric tried to reason with him.

'BULL!' he shook his head hard and held the knife closer to my neck.

Eric gripped his pistol hard and I could heard him curse under his breath. 

'Look, er! I've asked you nicely so I won't repeat myself twice... You better release him before I rip off your soul' 

Eric said coldly like an emotionless person. I've never seen him being like this and it made me scared as I could felt a cold shiver down my spine even though it wasn't intended for me.

'I'm going to kill this boyfriend of yours before you do that... Try me if you dare' the kidnapper chuckled evilly.

Eric looked at me this time and his gaze softened, 'Hyesungie, you trust me right? I'm sorry for putting you in this situation' he apologised and gave me my favourite smile. I smiled back to him and nodded.

The next thing I know was that I dropped on the ground and I could felt pain from my leg. But a second later, 4 shotguns have been fired and I saw the kidnapper fell with blood started to cover him. Before my eyes closed, I felt a hug embraced me and it was Eric who was looking at me while saying, 'I love you Hyesungie'

Two days later...

I could hear people whispering and smelled medicines together with doctor's equipment. It felt like I was in...

A hospital!

When I slowly opened my eyes, someone exclaimed saying that, 'He's awake' and people started to surround me. That people was dad, mum, Mr Kim, doctor and nurses. But the person that I couldn't see was Eric. Where is he? Don't tell me...

Before I could ask, the doctor did a checkup on me and he said that I'll be fine and I needed some rest. I looked at my leg and it was bandaged but only my right leg. He said that it didn't break but it was just a clean cut. After the doctor and nurses gone, I looked at my parents and Mr Kim.

Mum and dad hugged me tightly and said, 'Don't worry, baby... Everything is okay now, no one is going to hurt you anymore'

I looked around the room to find my phone but I remembered that those bastards crushed it. Looking at my expression, mum knew what I needed. She gave me a small notebook and a pen, so I quickly wrote in it and showed it to them.

[Where is Eric?]

Mum, dad and Mr Kim looked at each other with a soft gaze and sighed. Mum smiled at me and patted my hair gently, 'He needed some rest, you'll see him after this' she said softly causing me to nod.

Mum and dad wanted to bring me home but the doctor said he needed to check up on me daily and if anything happened, it would be easier if I was at the hospital. Therefore, mum added bodyguards and tighten the security. 

Every night, I kept on thinking about Eric and he was doing. I tried to text and call me but he didn't reply and answer at all. Why? Does he hate me or something? Everyday he was making me more miserable because I didn't know about his condition or whereabouts.

Every time I asked mum and dad about him, they just said he needed some rest and that he'll visit me. After a week, I finally discharged from the hospital and I couldn't wait to see Eric at home. I bet he was waiting for me too.

But when I got home, there was no 'Welcome home, Hyesungie' or 'Hello Hyesungie'. I was only greeted by the maids and the butlers who were genuinely happy to see me with an improving recovery. I only used one crutches for my right leg and I hurriedly walked towards Eric's room even though I was limping. 

Unfortunately what greeted me was an empty room with no sign of Eric. I already thought about all the bad possibilities that might happened and I was praying it wasn't going to be true. I rushed down and met eye contact with mum and dad who were looking at me sympathetically. They gestured me to sit down at the living room, so I did.

They took a deep breath and started, 'Actually Hyesung...' dad said and looked at mum when he couldn't finished his sentence.

'Just know that it was Eric's decision'

I raised my eyebrows and looked at them in puzzled.

'He...

'quit his job from being a bodyguard'

*WHAT?! WHY?!*

I didn't know why but my eyes were getting teary. 

Mum bought me a new phone but I still kept my old number just in case if Eric called, I took out my phone and opened notepad.

[Why?]

Mum didn't answer, instead she gave me a letter. Mum and dad knew that I needed some time alone so they excused themselves. But I gestured them that I would go to my room to read it, not in the living room. Before I went upstairs, mum said, 'His flight is tomorrow evening... I'll text you the details' 

I smiled at her and nodded as a thank you. I slowly made my way to my room with a beating heart. When I made myself comfortable on the bed, I opened the letter with a shaking hands.

[Hello, Hyesungie ^^ By the time you read this, I'll be gone for good. I'm sorry for ignoring you texts and calls. Please don't think that I hate you cause I don't. In fact, I was ashamed to face you because of what happened. If only I listened and stayed with you, this kidnapping won't happened. I'm sorry that I hurt your leg and please bear in mind that I didn't do it on purpose. Being your bodyguard is the best job I ever had and I loved it. Getting to know you is the finest and most beautiful moment I've created. It's too late now but I just want you to know that I've fallen for you. Right from the moment I laid my eyes on you. When you slowly opened up to my heart, I was more than overwhelmed. You deserve someone better than me and truly loves you Hyesungie. Find that person and I wish for the best for you. Farewell to the most enchanting guy that I've ever met~]

By the time I finished reading it, I was crying hard and I slumped myself into the pillow while hugging the letter tightly to my chest. I called Eric wishing that he would knew my feelings but he didn't answer. I guess that this is the end for both of us. I kept on crying until I fell asleep. I wished it was a dream but it wasn't. 

It's a harsh reality.