A Bad Dream

Let Me Be Your Voice

'I HATE YOU! I WISH YOU'RE DEAD!' 

'FINE! THEN I'LL BE DEAD!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'AHHHHHHH!!' 

I woke up after my horrible dream and hid under my blanket as if it was the safest place on Earth. I don't want the dream to come back but it did. After several months. I don't want to think about that horrible dream but it came to me so sudden.

Suddenly someone placed his hand on top of me gently. It made me frantically rolled backwards while holding my blanket tight. I was praying to God to keep my safe and not getting hurt until I heard a calm yet soft voice.

'Lord Hyesung? It's my Eric' 

I slowly came out from my blanket and peeked at him. Even though my room is still dark but I could see his sharp features that was shone under the moonlight. I could see him looking at me softly and slowly held out his hand trying to touch me. When he touched my hair, it made me feel secure and I slowly crawl to sit beside him.

When he looked at me, he was stunned and I don't know why. He stood up and walked towards the door. I wanted to call out to him but I don't. But it turned out that he took something on the table and sat right next to me. 

It was actually a tissue paper and he gently wiped my face, specifically under my eyes and around my cheeks. When I touched that area, I just realised that I was crying and I'm still am. 

'What's wrong Hyesung?' he asked softly.

When he asked me that, I cried harder. He hugged me tight and said gently, 'You had a bad dream is it? Don't worry, Hyesung... I'm here... Right here...' he whispered.

He constantly consoled me by saying, 'Just cry... I'm not going to leave you' 

And for God knows how many minutes or hours that I cried, I finally stopped. When I looked up, I saw Eric looking at me. He gave me a warm smile as if he was trying to say that everything is okay now.

After I made myself comfortable in my bed, I looked at him. I don't want him to leave me alone in here, I'm scared. But I'm don't have the courage and too scared to say anything. 

'I'm going to stay with you tonight'

'I'll be sleeping at the couch if you don't mind' Eric said and made his way to the couch.

I quietly nodded in agreement. The couch was placed right next to my bed so when I looked to my right side, I could perfectly see him. I'm starting to blush when I sense Eric who is gazing at me intensely, so I quickly shifted my position to my left side. 

I couldn't sleep when I could still feel Eric's aura. But after a few minutes, his presence feel is gone. When I changed my sleeping position, I could see Eric who is sleeping on the couch. How can he look so peacefully when the couch isn't comfortable at all? 

I got out from my bed and searched an extra blanket from my cupboard. I placed the blanket on top of him and after making sure that he's comfortable, I decided to get my own sleep. The whole night, I ended up sleeping while facing him. I had the most peaceful sleep that night in my life since the incident. 

Beep...Beep...Beep...

I slowly opened and rubbed my eyes as I was trying hard to get out from bed. I look at the couch where Eric slept and he isn't there anymore. But there was a note on the couch.

[Thank you for the blanket ^^]

The next thing I know is that I'm smiling and keep on reading the note multiple of times. I guess that maybe he's not a bad guy but nevertheless, I couldn't keep my guard down yet. I keep the note in my drawer and goes to the bathroom to take a shower.

While I was walking down the stairs, I saw him smile at me and bowed gently. I slightly nodded and made my way to the dining table. I seriously didn't expect to see mum and dad as they said that they were going to stay in Milan a little but longer than expected.

'Good morning, Hyesung dear... Come, join us for breakfast'

I smiled at them and take my usual seat next to mum. As we were eating, I didn't notice the signals that mum and dad were giving. When I heard a fake cough from dad, I looked up to him.

'Hyesung, you've turn 25 this year and...' dad stopped and looked at mum for help.

'And it's about time for you to go out'

My heart dropped, so as the glass in my hand. The maids around us quickly cleaned the glass shattered and I just nodded slightly as an apology. Then I looked at mum and dad with an intense glare because what they said was bull. Hell no that I'm going out to the public!

I shook my head and looked at them pleadingly. But when I saw the expression on dad's face, I know that what he was going to say. I just sighed as I knew that what they said was right. 

I stood up and nodded in agreement. They were a bit stunned as I said yes instantly but I just ignored them. I bowed politely and made my way to my room. I kept thinking about the day and all the insecurities and worries were getting to my head. 

I could sense someone was following behind me and I know who. I just kept walking to my room and before I shut my door, I glared at him and slammed the door. Hard. Even though it's not his fault, but I released all my anger to him because I was mad and scared.