Sunrise

Let Me Be Your Voice

'Hyesung, wake up now! Hyesung...' someone called me when I was having a peacefully and comfortable sleep.

I grumbled to the voice and pulled my blanket over me. But the figure kept on shaking my body as if I was dying. I grumbled louder and hid my head under my pillow.

'Hyesungie, there's a fire!' the figure shouted.

My eyes were wide opened and I quickly sat up on my bed while glancing around my room. But I see no smoke, no fire. All I saw was Eric who was grinning widely at me.

'Finally! You're awake now' 

I couldn't believe that he just lied to me just to wake me up. I glared at him so hard and continued to sleep. This time it was him who grumbled and pulled me out from my bed.

'Get out from the bed Hyesung... I wanted to show you something!' 

I looked at my alarm clock and it was 5 am in the morning. What the hell did he want to show me in this very early morning?! I shook my head as a no and walked to my bed but he gripped my wrist and dragged me to the bathroom.

'Go take a shower now and come down for breakfast... I wait for you there' he said and threw my towel to me.

'Don't go back to sleep OKAY!' he said loudly and closed my door. I cursed him under my breath and walked into my bathroom to take a shower. 

After breakfast, Eric dragged me out from my house and stood in front of me.

'Okay! The reason why I woke you up this early was because we're going to see the sunrise... I know that you want to watch it, so don't bother lying' he explained.

I looked at him in awed because I never told him about that before. It was true that I've always wanted to see sunrise since my house is located on top of the hill and I've always saw the sunset from the library. 

'I noticed' he said when he saw the look on my face as if he was reading my mind.

'Without wasting our time, let's go!' 

Eric grabbed me and we started climbing on top of the hill behind my house. The sight for sunrise was in my house compound so I would feel much more secure and safer. 

It was been awhile since I last stood here, on the hill facing the beautiful nature scenery. Mum and dad used to put a bench for us to watch the sun rise and set and it was still there. Eric and I sat there and we talked while waiting for the sunrise. 

'Hyesung! The sun is about to rise!' Eric said excitedly.

I didn't know that Eric brought his camera and right when the sun rise, he captured the picture of the scenery. I was in awed when I watched the sunrise.

'P-pretty' 

Eric looked at me in a total shock and I looked at him back with a puzzle look. 

'Did...Did you just talk?!' Eric said in disbelief.

I couldn't process what he said but right after I knew what he said, I closed my mouth with my hands and looked away. I couldn't believe that I talked after 15 years... 15 YEARS! He ran as I started to walk away and stood in front of me while placing his hands on my shoulder. 

'I can't believe that you just TALKED!' Eric exclaimed again. 

I shook my head and walked down the hill. Suddenly, Eric shouted so loud that all the people and animals could hear him.

'HYESUNGIE JUST TALKED AFTER SO MANY YEARS!!' 

I wanted to shush him up but he managed to get away by running right in front of me and ran into the house. Luckily the house was empty except for the butlers, maids, cooks and bodyguards because my parents weren't around. 

'Hahahaha, you just talked Hyesung' I just pouted at his laughs.

'And just so you know, I'm really proud of you talking... I like your voice, it's beautiful' he ruffled my hair.

After he said that he made his way to the kitchen and I just followed him with my head lowered down. I was blushing and embarrassed but I felt some kind of an overwhelming feeling and secure about it.

'T-Thank you' 

I said softly after gathering much courage to talk again. I didn't notice a smile on Eric's face as I said that. Maybe talking is not a bad thing... I can't promise to anyone that I'll start talking but I have a little courage to do so. All thanks to that guy. The guy who seen me in my worst but still be on my side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep...Beep...Beep...

As usual, after I heard my alarm clock I got out from bed and took a shower. When I opened door to go to the dining table, Eric wasn't in front of my door. I started to get anxious for no reason and immediately went to the dining room. When I arrived there, I didn't see him at all.

Where is he?

I saw my maid who was cleaning the dining table, so I walked up to them.

'Yes, my Lord?'

I took out my phone and opened my notepad.

[Where is Eric?]

'Oh Eric oppa has a day off today... It's his birthday, but he'll come back tonight' one of my maids explained.

I slapped my face mentally for forgetting about Eric's birthday but luckily I have his present with me. So I waited for him until he reached home. I spent my day by watching online shows and reading some books.

'I'm home' 

A sound echoed across the house lobby and a figure walked pass by the living room to go to his room that was located on the 3rd floor. He halted when he saw another figure waiting at the living room and when he looked closely, he recognised the pretty guy.

'Hyesungie? What are you doing here?' he said to the mute prince.

I smiled and walked towards him. I took out my phone and typed something.

[I'm waiting for you to come home]

'But why? Are you okay?' Eric asked with a concern look and cupped my face. I chuckled and removed his hand while nodding my head softly.

I took Eric's present from the couch and gave it to them. He didn't know what was happening so he just took it. When he opened it, he was stunned to see a pair of red knitted gloves with a Christmas tree design. 

'H-Happy birthday' I softly said but Eric could heard me well.

[I'm sorry if it's too ugly]

Eric kept on staring at the gloves but when I asked him, he looked up with a confuse look.

'Y-You made this?' I shyly nodded.

What he did next was completely unexpected. He hugged me. He freaking HUGGED me and said thank you multiple of times.

'Just to hear a birthday wish from your own mouth has already making me happy' Eric said after he pulled himself from the hug. Eric took out the gloves and and wore it.

'I'm going to wear this every time I go out so that I'll remember you always' he grinned widely at me.

[But you can only wear it during winter]

'Call me crazy but I'm going to wear it every season' Eric grinned widely and stared at the glove in amazed.

[Pabo yah :P]

Eric chucked and said, 'I know hahaha... Now, let's go back to our rooms' 

Eric gestured me to walk first. He said his usual goodnight and went inside his room after I went into mine. Even though I was in my room, my heart couldn't stop thumping as I kept on thinking about Eric. Suddenly it hit me...

He has captured my heart!  

The guy named Eric Mun...