Revelation

Let Me Be Your Voice

'It's not funny when you do that to your own brother!' 

'It's April Fool!'

'So? It hurts my heart okay?!'

'Too bad! You cannot take any jokes!'

'I HATE YOU! I WISH YOU'RE DEAD!' 

'FINE! THEN I'LL BE DEAD!'

Little Hyesung was crying hard in his room after having a fight with his older brother. They went to a family party and apparently his brother pulled a prank. When little Hyesung was about to sit, his older brother pulled the chair causing little  Hyesung to fall on the floor hard. He could see many people around him trying hard not to laugh except for his brother. 

That night...

'HYESUNG, WAKE UP!' his brother rushed into his room and shook his body hard.

'What?! Trying to make fun of me again' little Hyesung glared.

'No... Come here' his brother dragged him out from the bed and forced him to lay down under the bed.

'Just whatever you do and see, don't make a SINGLE sound... Don't cry, don't shout, don't talk' his brother said seriously.

'But why?'

'I said don't talk! Just listen to me please... Hyesung-ah, I'm sorry about today and I really don't mean it... Just remember that you're the best brother I ever had and I'll always love you' his brother kissed little Hyesung on the cheeks and went out from his room.

He listened to his brother and kept quiet. Suddenly he heard screams and loud voices. He wanted to get out from his bed but he remembered what his brother said. The next day, someone saw him under his bed and when the person tried to persuade him to come out, he shook his head. 

But when he saw his parents, he quickly got out and ran up to them. They were crying and little Hyesung started crying because he felt something bad happened. He kept on asking his parents where was his brother but they only cried harder. When he saw people coming out from his brother's room, he ran inside ignoring his parents.

'Hyesung!' 

He froze in his spot when he saw his brother laying motionless on the bed and blood covered the body. He slowly walked towards the body and touched the cold corpse. Little Hyesung saw something in his brother's hand and when he looked at it closely, it was a small figurine that Hyesung made for him for his birthday.

Little Hyesung started to cry and hugged his brother. All his words last night came true. His brother is dead. All because of his words and childish act.

'It's not funny, Kangta... Wake up!' 

'Yah, you have to wake up now so that we can play our toys' 

'Please... Wake up!'

'I would hate you if you kept on lying on the bed'

'HYUNGGGG!'

All the people around little Hyesung including his parents started to cry at his actions. Little Hyesung didn't want to accept that his beloved brother had died. 

It turned out there was a contract killer broke into the house. His job was to kill the children of the Duke and Duchess. After he managed to kill his brother, he couldn't find little Hyesung so he wandered around the house looking for him. Apparently the head of security saw the killer and fought with him. The head of security was in the army special force and he took down the killer in minutes by killing him brutally. He woke up everyone in the house and that was when they knew what happened except for little Hyesung.

Since that day, Hyesung swore that he will not talk anymore due to traumatise and thinks that talking is a curse. And people would die if he said a word. Ever since that incident, he couldn't forgive himself for what happen to his brother. The first few years was hard for him as every night he would went into his brother's room and slept there while crying. But now he started to be more mature although he couldn't stop feeling guilty about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'AHHHH!' 

My eyes were wide opened because of the nightmare again. I hid under my blanket and cried hard. I've been having the same nightmare for a few weeks but this time it was worst. It was the whole incident, not bits by bits.

I heard the door swung open and instantly I know who. When he touched me head as usual, I would felt calm but not on that night. I was more terrified and took a step back while shouting, 'GET AWAY FROM ME!! IT'S MY FAULT!' 

I don't know how I got the bravery to speak but I didn't bother to care that night. Suddenly he hugged me tight and rocked my body with his.

'Don't say that Hyesungie... It's not your fault... It's never been' Eric shushed me down by saying that but I shook my head.

'I know what happened and I know why you don't want to talk' he confessed. Even though I was still crying, I managed to look at him in puzzled. I never told anyone the reason before, so how did he know?

'Talking is not a curse, Hyesungie... And please, don't blame yourself for what happened... Do you think that your brother wants you to be like this? No, he doesn't... He loved you, and he still do by watching after you from heaven. I'm not forcing you to talk but what I want you to do is to stop blaming yourselves... Looking at you being like this every night makes me hurt' Eric said while still hugging me.

I calmed down longer than I usually did. Eric said that he'll be sleeping on the couch as usual but I did the most unusual thing I've ever done. I tapped my bed as a sign that I wanted him to sleep beside me so that I won't get lonely.

'Sleep... Bed' I managed to let out a few words.

'You want me to sleep on your bed?' I nodded.

'With you?' I shyly nodded. Please don't tell me that he is disgusted by the idea.

'Well okay then... I'll sleep beside you tonight' Eric smiled and made his way to the other side of the bed.

'Good night Hyesungie' 

'N-Night'

I didn't sleep right away after the wish, instead all I did was thinking about Eric's words. What the older guy said was true,  and that I have to try to stop being guilty. I'm sure that Kangta wouldn't like that. With a new determination and bravery, I drifted to sleep and hoping that things will change tomorrow.

When I woke up the next day, I saw Eric sat on the chair at the table in my room with breakfast. He didn't talk about last night at all and I kinda felt relieved. But what he just said was, 'You can count on me every time you want' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the evening, mum and dad wanted to see me as they have arrived in Korea two days ago. 

'Ah! Hyesung dear, come sit with us' mum gestured and I made my way to sit in front of her and dad. I could see Eric who stood still behind them and when he looked at me, he gave me his usual warm smile.

'I met my friends few days ago and guess what' she said excitedly.

I raised my eyebrows.

'They want you to meet their daughters! And I think it's a really good idea! Like a blind date' 

My jaw dropped and I didn't know how to respond. I didn't know if my eyes fooled me but I think I saw a sad look on Eric's face. 

Mum kept on showing me the pictures and introduced them one by one. One is a doctor and one is a psychologist. They are pretty I admit that but they aren't attractive to me. Because the only I'm attracted by is the guy standing in front of me.

I clenched my fist hard that my knuckles were turning white and I stood up. Mum and dad looked at me puzzled and asked what was wrong. I decided to change so I gathered all my courage to talk.

'I-I don't want' I said softly.

Everyone in the room looked at me shocked like it was the end of the world. But when I looked at Eric, he looked proud and gave me a silent thumbs-up. It made me overwhelmed and smile somehow. Mum and dad dramatically stood up and hugged me. Mum cupped my face to check whether if I was okay or not.

'Y-You talked... You finally talked!' mum said with teary eyes.

'I knew that this day would come and that God will hear my prayers' dad's turn to hug me and I could also see teary eyes from him. It was unusual for dad to cry but I'm glad.

That night, mum and dad brought me to eat outside for a little celebration. They were so happy that I talked but they didn't force me to talk some more which I thanked them for that. Before I go to sleep, I received a text. The whole night during sleep, I was smiling widely.

[Very proud of you Hyesungie ^^]