First Event

Let Me Be Your Voice

Today is the day and I'm nervous as hell. It's been 15 years since I last step outside to the world. The reason why I have to go was because it's my uncle's birthday and every royalty is invited and it's compulsory. 

Don't ask me why it's compulsory.

After getting dressed, I started walking towards the cars and I bet that mum and dad has been waiting in the car. Before I opened the door, someone grabbed my wrist. 

'Wait, Lord Hyesung'

I don't know why but I feel uncomfortable when I heard him called my name with a Lord in it. I saw him took out a piece of paper and placed it in my hand.

'I don't know whether this is going to help you but this is my number... Just call me if anything happened and I'll be there' he smiled at me.

I didn't give him any respond as I was too busy looking at the paper in my hand. He then tapped my shoulder gently and opened the door for me. I step outside and was getting into the car with mum and dad in it. But when I look at Eric, he was getting into another car.

I raised my eyebrows and apparently, he saw that. He smiled at me and said, 'I'm going to be there first because I have to check the safety and security' 

I just nodded quietly in understand and get into the car. While on the way to the event, mum and dad kept talking about how the event is going to be fun because everyone will be going to be there. I just ignored their conversation and looked outside the window. Sometimes, I would look in front to see Eric's car who was in front of ours.

When we arrived at the place, I didn't expect to see so many reporters gathered. When we walked out from the car, they looked at us and started taking pictures. How they called my name and asked me so many questions made me feel so scared that I felt like running away. Before I started to have a panic attack, someone grabbed my shoulder.

'Just ignore them...' Eric said and guided me safely into the building.

After the 'mess', everyone has already arrived and they gave us the same reaction. They were shocked to see us, no, they were shocked to see ME. 

'Hyesung, we're going to that table okay... You can talk to your relatives over there' mum said softly and patted my head. I quickly gripped her wrist, not wanting her to go like a 5 years old child.

'Hyesung dear, it's time for you to socialise... You're 25 now...' mum persuaded again.

I sighed and made a sad face causing mum to chuckle and caressed my cheeks. I looked at them walking away and after they left, I sighed and went to an empty table instead of mingling with people around my age. I thought that I would be in peace and alone but I was completely wrong. They surrounded me like piranha fishes and started to ask many questions.

'This is the first time you go out! How do you feel?' 

*Anxious*

'Are you okay now?'

*I don't know*

'Have you forgot about your past?'

*No. Not now, not never*

'Wah, you're so handsome'

*Thanks*

'Why didn't you talk? Is it from birth?'

*Talking is a curse*

I was so suffocated by the questions and one thing that occurred in my mind was that guy. I took out my phone and texted to a person.

[I don't like being here... They're disturbing me]

I don't even know why I texted him that because we don't usually talk much. No, we haven't talked at all. While waiting for his reply, I decided to take some food.

'How would you like your pancakes? Steam or fried?'

*Steam*

I didn't respond to that because I don't talk so he just smiled and said, 'I think fried is better'

*But I don't like it*

'Make him steam pancake please... He doesn't like fried' a voice appeared behind me.

When I looked behind, I sighed in relieved when I saw him. His brown eyes stared at me and gave me the warmest heartwarming smile to me. My heart was thumping hard and unknowingly I was starting to blush. I looked away and focused on my pancakes making.

'You know, even if you don't talk... You have to tell people what you like and what you want... Understand?' Eric asked with a soft and gentle voice causing a shiver down my spine. 

I shyly nodded and waited for my food. After I received it, he lead me to my seat but I nibbled his shirt.

'What's wrong, Lord Hyesung?'

I pointed to the outdoor balcony at the side of the ballroom. He looked at the direction and nodded.

'Ah! So you want to eat outside?' I nodded.

'Let's go then' he gestured me to walk in front of him.

When we were outside, we enjoyed the beautiful scenery from the balcony. We could see city with lights and stars shining brightly above it. It wasn't too cold but it was comfortable. 

'Wah, the scenery is so beautiful Lord Hyesung!' Eric exclaimed.

It was beautiful indeed but I frowned when he called my name like that. 

'What's wrong Lord Hyesung? Are you okay?' he looked at me with concern. He must've seen my frown. I took out my phone and wrote something on the notepad.

[Don't call me Lord Hyesung... Just Hyesung]

I gave it to him to read and he chuckled when he read it.

'Finally, you said what you want... Fine, from today I will call you Hyesungie because Hyesung is too common... Is that fine with you?'

I nodded my head and smiled. That evening we watched the sunset together and enjoyed the comfortable silence. To me, it was comfortable but I'm not sure about him. But when I looked at him, he looked comfortable too. 

I pushed my plate to him for him to eat some but he just shook his head and said thanks for the offer. Hearing that making me frown because I didn't see him eat anything from just now. I grumbled softly at him causing him to chuckle softly.

'Fine fine, I'll eat some... Thank you Hyesungie' he said and took some of the pancakes and eat it. 

His eyes lit up and said that that was the best pancakes he had ever eaten. When I finished my food, he asked me whether if I want some more which I quickly nodded. 

'Wait here okay. Don't go outside alone' he said and made me stand at the door near balcony for him to see me clearly.

After a few minutes, we continued enjoying the scenery while eating some pancakes. That night, I was proud of myself for socialising even though the only person that converse with is Eric. He told me lots of story and I enjoyed listening to them. Sometimes he would ask me and I started using notepad to talk to him. 

Before we went to our rooms, Eric said, 'I had a good day today conversing to you... You should do that more often'

I blushed at the remark and shyly nodded. Yeah, I think I might do that more often.