Birthday..?

Let Me Be Your Voice

Oh God, what time is it now? 3:00 am. Why am I awake? 

Suddenly my stomach growled and I just realised that I was hungry. Since some nights I wake up in the morning because I was hungry, I always go to the kitchen to make my own food.

I got out from bed and made my way to the kitchen quietly as I didn't want to wake anyone up. As I was walking, I saw lights from the kitchen. My heart beats so fast thinking maybe there was some thieves in there. I wanted to go back into my room but that night, my heart said that I should check the kitchen out. I grabbed something long and hard like a bat and was in a defend's position.

I heard some noise as if the thief was opening the fridge. I was about to hit the thief when I heard him called me name.

'Hyesungie?'

When I took a clear look of the thief, I sighed in relieved and put the bat down on the floor. I sat on the chair at the table counter facing him. I glared at him because of what he just did.

'I'm sorry for scaring you... I was just hungry... What are you doing here?' Eric asked. He opened the upper cupboard and took out a cereal box.

I just kept quiet but right after that, my tummy growled loud making me feel so embarrassed. And Eric on the other hand just looked at me.

'Did you just...' I immediately shook my head and I bet he could see my red face. He dropped on the floor and started to laugh loudly. 

'Hahahaha, so you're hungry! Your stomach growled so loud that everyone in this house could hear it' he joked and kept on laughing.

I squinted my eyes and gave him a murderous glare. When he saw it, he quickly shut his mouth by putting his hands on his mouth.

'Hahaha, I'm sorry' he apologised but I could see that he was trying hard not to laugh.

'So what do you want to eat? Some cereal?' he waved the cereal box in front of me.

I shook my head. I wanted something savoury and heavy because I was so hungry. I felt like eating... 

Ramen. I looked at that one specific cupboard where the maids kept all kind of noodles in it. Eric saw it and opened the cupboard. He took one of the ramens and put it on the table.

Looking it eat made my saliva almost dripped because it looked so appealing. He chuckled when I looked at me and ruffled my hair gently. 

'Do you want me to make it for?' I nodded. He smiled and started to cook the ramen.

'But I have to warn you... My skill is not good as your cook's, so don't expect much' 

I just nodded as I didn't care anymore about that. All I know was that he was so hungry that I could eat a horse. After 2 minutes, he served the ramen in front of me.

'Tadaaa! Here's my customised ramen... Try it' 

Eric gave me a chopstick and I tried it. I swear to God that was the most delicious ramen I have ever eaten. I started slurping and eating the ramen like it's the only food on Earth. Not until 5 minutes, I've finished my food. All clean, no leftovers.

I wiped me mouth and smiled at him while giving him a thumb-up. He leaned forward to the counter and placed his hand on his cheeks.

'Do you like it?' I nodded.

'Good then... So when you're hungry, I can just make something for you' I smiled as an agreement. 

Eric took my bowl and glass and washed it in the sink. After that, he gestured me go back to sleep in my room. He said goodnight and waited for me to go to sleep as he was worried that I might have a bad dream again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Good morning, Hyesungie!' Eric greeted me the first thing in the morning. It's like a habit of him to greet me and waited for me in front of my room and I kinda like it. It made me feel special somehow.

'What do you want to do now?' Eric asked after I finished my breakfast. 

Since I was trapped in my own house upon my request, I've already done everything. Reading, baseball, basketball, playing games and everything. As we were walking pass by the theatre room, I nibbled Eric's shirt and pointed to the room. 

'Ahh, you want to watch movies?' I nodded.

'Let's go then!' he grabbed my hand and walked into the room. I was a bit stunned when he held my hands because I could felt an electric shock rushing through my blood. 

'What movies do you want to watch?' he asked.

We sat on the sofa and started looking at the movie list. There was romantic comedy, horror/thriller, sci-fi and all and I decided to watch. I admitted that the movie was funny and Eric laughed like a madman but I didn't laugh. Maybe because I've never laugh since the incident and I don't think I would.

'Hyesungie, the movie was so funny! How can you not laugh even if you don't talk?!' Eric said while still laughing. I just looked at him and shrugged my shoulder.

He nodded in understanding and patted my shoulder, 'It's going to take time but I'm sure that you'll laugh and talk one day' he said and smiled.

He stood up and said that he was going to take some snacks from the kitchen. I nodded and waited for him but after 15 minutes, I didn't see him. I was getting impatient so I thought that I've to check up on him at the kitchen. When I was about to entered the kitchen, I heard Eric talked to some of the butlers.

'Eric, you're going to take a day off next week right?' 

*A day off?*

'Yeah, next week on Wednesday. I'm going to celebrate my birthday with my family. It's been awhile' 

*Eric's birthday? How come I didn't know about this?*

'Wah, happy early birthday then! But why didn't you ask for more days... You barely take any holidays'

'Thanks... Well, it's just because I have to accompany Lord Hyesung'

'Lord Hyesung? Why? He doesn't and won't go anywhere'

'I know but I'm sure he's lonely and I don't want that for him... Oh , he must be waiting for me at theatre room! I've got to go now' 

When I heard his footsteps, I quickly ran to the room. I pretended nothing happened when he walked in.

'Sorry Hyesung, I've got to do something first... Here is our snacks!' Eric said and put a bowl of chips on the table.

'So what movie do you want to watch next?' 

I just picked a random movie as I didn't have the mood to watch any movies. I was too busy thinking about Eric's upcoming birthday. He didn't say and tell me about his birthday, so I've decided to give him a birthday present because of all the good things that he had done for me.

But what should I give him?