Chapter 2

To Kill A Vampire

Authors note: I apologise for the length and also if i have made any spelling mistakes. Anyways enjoy.

_______

July 22nd 1997

"Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Park Chanyeol. I am 5 years old and I enjoy reading, dancing, studying and learning how to play many different instruments." I recited into the silver framed mirror that hung in the quiet coridoor. 

I recited what my mother had told me to remember this morning while I did up my black suit blazer. I leant down and tied the laces on my black kickers. Umma said that today was a special day and that I would have to be on my best behaviour. She told me that if anyone started talking to me I should smile, stand up straight and remember to say what she told me.

"Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Park Chanyeol. I am 5 years old and I enjoy reading, dancing, studying and learning how to play many different instruments." I whispered a few more times to myself. "Chanyeol! Are you ready?!" My dad called up to me. "Coming!" I yelled back. I ran into my room and picked up my silver rose pin. I put it in my pocket and reminded myself to put it on when we got there.

I toddled down the large stairs quickly and saw my mother standing there waiting for me.  "Chanyeol, do you still remember?" She smiled. I stood up straight and cleared my throat. "Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Park Chanyeol. I am 5 years old and I enjoy reading, dancing, studying and learning how to play many different instruments." I remembered! 

"Good boy! Now come on we gotta go or we'll be late for the party." She said. I walked out of the door and saw daddy waiting in the car for us. Some of our neighbours were also dressed nicely like we were. They must have been going to this special party too. 

We drove to a place that I did not recognise. It took a really long time to get there and once we did I was amazed. The building was huge! As big as a palace. It was white with many windows and two pillars at the front of it holding up a balcony. There must have been 100 people wearing fancy clothing and having so much fun. This was a very big party.

We squeezed through all the people and got to the front door. It was already open, although since it was so big it took both mummy and daddy to shove it open. There was even more people and the place looked even bigger on the inside. The wall were painted a dark red and there was a scent of different perfumes and a slight smell of.. Blood?..

There was pop music being played loudly throughout the area and there was many people of different ages and genders scattered everywhere. The whole town must be here!

However, I was so busy staring at everything in the room I ended up losing my parents. I twisted and turned trying to see which direction they went in but there were so many tall adults blocking my view I couldnt. 

I tried to budge pass a couple of people deep in conversation but they wouldnt move. They started to close in on me, obviously not realising I was there. In panic, I tried to run through them but it only caught their attention. There was around 5 people in the group and they all looked a bit older than my parents.

"Young man, are you lost? Where are your parents?" One of the women asked leaning down to my height. I didnt know what to do. My mother always told me not to talk to strangers. So, I said the only thing I was taught to say.

"Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Park Chanyeol. I am 5 years old and I enjoy reading, dancing, studying and learning how to play many different instruments."

They looked at each other and them back at me, not saying one word. 

"Where is your pin young man?" Another woman said. This woman looked like a witch and not at all comforting. Then I remembered I was not wearing my pin. I looked at the older people and they were all wearing gold dagger pins. I reached into my pocket and searched for the silver pin. Where was it? It must have fallen out in the car...

The woman who was crouching next to me sighed and held my shoulder lightly. 

"Would you like to go play with some other children?" She asked. 

I was feeling pretty confused. Alot happened in 5 minutes. Ofcourse I wanted to go and play. I nodded shyly and she excused herself from the conversation. We walked through the groups of people and up the largely curved staircase. She brought me to a door and opened it for me. 

I peered inside and saw about 10 kids that looked around my age. I looked up at the woman. She smiled and gestured for me to go in. I walked in and hoped that my parents would find me soon. I'm pretty awkward when it comes to meeting new kids.

I looked around and saw that they was all wearing gold pins. Why did my family have silver pins?

There was a boy that looked a little younger than me. He was staring out of the window and sitting on the sofa that was connected to it. I decided I would go and sit with him.

I walked over and sat next to him. He didnt even turn to look at me. He just kept staring at the stars. 

"Are stars fluffy?" He asked out of nowhere.

"Hmm... I dont know.. I think they are more squidgy." I said. 

He turned and looked at me. His hair was brown and he had cute eyes. 

"My name is Byun Baek-Hyun. What's your name?" He asked. "I'm Park Chanyeol." I smiled. He nodded. 

"How old are you?"

"5."

"I'm older than you!" He poked his tongue out and hopped off the seat.

"I'm 6."

I thought. How could I better him?...
 
"I bet I'm taller than you though." I smirked hopping aswell.

"Oh yeah?". "Oh yeah." I challenged.

He walked over to a table that had a bunch of crayons on it. He picked up 2 and came over to me again. He handed me a blue one and he held a green one. He grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the white wall. 

"Stand back and draw a line above your head." He explained. We both did it and obviously, I was taller. 

"What?! No! I'm older! I should be taller!" He frowned. 

I , alot. He ended up drawing stuff on my face and I did the same to him. We played and talked for a long while. I completely forgot about my parents.

"What's your favourite colour?" I asked.

"Hmm... I like grey, black and white." 

"Me too." I replied. 

"Hey, where's your pin?" He asked. 

"Oh, I lost it." I sighed.

"What colour was it?" He asked. 

"Silver." I said.

His expression altered slightly almost to a guilty expression. He looked down and mumbled something inaudible. 

"My mum said I'm not allowed to play with the people in silver." He said with a frown. 

"Why not?" I asked. What difference was there between me and him? We are both alike.. Arent we?

"Aparently the silver are bad. They arent like us... I dont know why exactly." He said.

We sat in silence for a little bit until the door swung open. Mum and dad was standing there with the woman from before. 

"Chanyeol!" Mother came running over to me and swept me up into her arms. "Why did you leave us? I was so worried!" My dad said. 

"Why do you have all these drawings on you? You look like a mess." My mum said putting me down. She looked at Baekhyun who was still sat next to me. 

They looked at each other for a while and she looked kind of.. Upset?..

"Is that your friend?" My dad asked. I nodded. They must have noticed his drawing too.

My parents looked at each other and sighed. Did they not like Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun kept me company while we was seperated." I said.

Mother looked at me. She looked kind of disappointed. She leant close to me and told me that I couldnt talk to him ever again. 

Before I knew it I was being dragged out of the room unable to even say goodbye to my new friend.

We ended up leaving, not without getting a few weird looks on the way out though..

I had no idea what was going on. Alot of things happened tonight.

The only thing I knew was that I would never forget Byun Baekhyun, my friend.