Chapter 4

To Kill A Vampire

I rolled up to the party and nothing had changed since 10 years ago. The building was still pure white and packed with people. Even though everyone here lives in the city there isnt too many of us. Probably because most of them are too busy trying to be the richest or the most beautiful or strong to have kids and increase the population. 

I'm nothing like them. I am definetely more human than vampire. I hate the fact that I have to drink an innocent persons blood to keep myself alive, I feel so selfish. But if I want to keep my house and even be slightly accepted in society I have to be as vampire as possible I guess.

I walked through the large front door and the party hall hasnt changed one bit either. The curtains that reached as high as the ceiling were still maroon coloured. The curved stairs were still lined with gold. There was still loud music playing that almost deafened me the last time.

I walked over to the sign-in table to put my name on the register. Once you get over the age of 10 you have to start signing in at these parties so that the authorities can make sure you turn up; probably the reason they found out about me. 

I signed in and that's when the weird looks started. They began to notice my silver pin and normal eyes. Did I not mention? Strigoi's have red eyes. Since I am half human I only get my red eyes when I'm experiencing a heavy amount of emotion, which hasnt yet happened.

They wasnt looking at me weird just because I was a Dhamphir. Well, I guess that is half of the reason, but everybody here is a regular at this party. I havent been in 10 years.

It was 10 minutes into the party and I was already contemplating about leaving. Everyone was indulged in their own interactions, drinking goblets full of blood and here I was standing alone with a pepsi. 

Yes, vampires do have fizzy drinks.

I'm not a very confident person. How the heck am I going to strike up a conversation with people who obviously think so low of me?

I was standing underneath the balcony that had a view over the dancefloor. It would be easy for someone to trip and spill food or drink over me from up there.

Which with my luck, is what happened.

The cold wine splashed onto me from whichever idiot dropped their drink. It messed up my hair, ruined my only suit and destroyed the smell of my cologne. I smelt like a ing alcoholic and looked like a wreck. 

The people around me, who by the way didnt get a single drop on them, looked at me in shock and stepped away. Not one bothered to help me. 

I stormed off to where the stairs were hoping to find a bathroom upstairs when I bumped into someone. I fell flat on the floor at the bottom of the stairs with the other person beside me. I shook off the dizziness of falling and looked at the stranger who was coincidently holding an empty wine glass.


And to my suprise, it was none other than my old friend, 

Byun Baekhyun.