Chapter 12

To Kill A Vampire

"Absolutely dreadful!"

"'Hello would have been nice." I said.

Baekhyun had already made himself comfortable on my sofa leaving me holding the door open like an idiot. I slammed it shut and sat on the sofa opposite him.

"What happened?" I asked.

He was rubbing his temples and had a tired look on his face. He was wearing grey trackie bottoms and a white t-shirt. He had casual white trainers on and a grey hoodie. A much different colour scheme and style to what he usually wears. He had obviously gotten changed out of the clothes he wore for his 'date'.

"Ugh, you don't even wanna know. It was ing horrible."

"Language!" I said. It was a habit. He looked up at me and snickered lightly with a smirk on his face. His smile soon dropped when he obviously began thinking about that girl.

I stood up and walked into the kitchen. I could still see him since my kitchen and living room were connected, all that was separating the two rooms was a white counter that went all the way around the kitchen. I walked over to the cupboard and pulled out two glasses.

"Hey, want a drink?" 

"Sure, why the heck not? I need one."

"What would you like? I've got water, cola, juice. I could make you some coffee or some tea if you'd like?" Then it clicked. He's a freaking Strigoi. He doesn't drink those kind of drinks.

He turned his head and looked over the counter at me. He burst out laughing and although I was embarrased, the sight of him laughing at something I said in his moment of misery made my stomach flip in happiness. His perfectly pristine, white teeth caught my eye. His canine's were sharper than blade knives. I found them to be strangely attractive. Considering he used those things to take the living souls of humans.

"Seriously? I'll take blood thanks." He said grinning.

I smiled feeling the remaining layer of awkwardness leave between mine and Baekhyun's relationship. I opened the fridge looking for the glass bottle filled with blood at the back of the fridge. I took out the chilled bottle and poured it into one of the glasses. I went for the more civilised choice and made myself a glass of water. I took the two glasses into the living room and noticed him looking around.

"You keep this place really clean by the way, it's nice." He smiled taking the glass thankfully. I sat down and crossed my legs on the sofa.

"I try to keep it as clean as I can. But that doesn't matter, what happened with the girl?" I asked taking a sip of my drink.

He sighed deeply. He shuffled in his seat and cleared his throat.

"She was the worst one yet. She came to the palace and like always my parent's left us alone in the dining room with some exotic meal to try and impress her. She wasn't ugly or anything, but what a ing bore-"

"Language!"

"Anyway, she had absolutely nothing interesting about her. She's the complete freaking opposite of me. All she kept on about was her excellent grades and diplomas and how she was much more intelligent than all the other princesses. Yeah right, they're all the same. The last 3 have all had about 2 billion diplomas. And how did they get them? They didn't study for them I'll tell you that because they are all thick. They are royal, ofcourse they are going to get all those fancy degrees and awards. Everything is handed to them on a plate!" He sulked.

"You shouldn't call a girl thick." I said. I felt like I was telling him off every time he said something. But shouldn't he know better manners.

"But she was. They all are. And that's not the point. They have no morals. They all fling themselves at me and all the other men they set their eyes on. It's pitiful. My parent's keep forcing me to talk to these girls and find the new suitor but I can't do that when I'm not even attracted to..." He suddenly stopped in the middle of his rant.

"... Those kind of girls?" I finished for him.

"... Yeah..." He looked up at me and sighed.

He took a generous gulp of his drink. I watched how his oesophagus lifted the skin on his neck as he washed down the red liquid. Frustrated, he wiped the remains from his lips with his hand in a fist and took in a deep breath. His collar bones were exposed and it took almost every fibre of my being to stop myself from pouncing on him. He's attractive when he's annoyed.

"You keep doing that."

My eyes snapped from his body back to his dreamy eyes. 

"Doing what?"

"Looking at me like you're gonna eat me alive or something." He snickered cockily.

"I'm not that kind of boy."

Baekhyun smirked and stood up. He put his drink on the table and run his fingers through his light hazel hair. He slowly walked over to me and sat next me on the sofa. I tried not to falter, I took a sip of my water and leant over to place it on the table. As soon as I layed back on the sofa I could feel Baekhyun's eyes piercing into my soul. I dared to look him in the eyes. His lashes were dangerously long and it seemed as if his upper lids were naturally lined. They had a dark tint around the edges which made them even more intriguing. His pupils were like black holes that could you in and kill you if you stared into them for too long. His irises were an alarming shade of crimson and they almost made me feel intimidated. I felt as if I was under a trance just looking into this young boy's eyes.

"Have your eyes ever turned red?" He whispered seductively. His lips were now mere inches away from my cheek.

I gulped deeply and diverted my eyes away from him. What was he trying to achieve?...

"Uh... No, uh... Not yet... I uh, just havent experienced, um... Many emotions in like uh, ten years..." I stuttered. I could feel his warm breaths against my jawline. This boy doesn't know that I'm attracted to men and yet here he is somehow knowing how to drive me crazy. Even I didn't know what made me feel that way.

"Well then, maybe I could be the one to push you over the limit." 

You could hear the smirk in his voice perfectly. What the heck was he implying? My heart skipped a beat and I closed my eyes gently. Stop it Chanyeol, stop. He's taunting me. We have seriously only just become friends and here he is basically flirting with me and I'm already hanging onto his every word like he has control over me. 

I slowly opened my eyes and Baekhyun was magically sitting back on the other sofa. My eyes gapped open in confusion. I didn't even feel him get up! How the heck did he get there that fast and so silently?! He was looking at me like nothing had happened.

"You okay there?" He asked looking slightly concerned.

I was absolutely baffled. What the heck happened there? If felt so... Real.

"Yeah, yeah I- I'm fine..."

He simply shrugged and took the last sip of his drink.

I cleared my throat and slapped on a smile.

"So... More blood?"