Chapter 27

To Kill A Vampire

A/N: Just wanna say a quick thanks to all the love and popularity this fic has been getting! I never expected it to get this far, so thank you all! By the way, we are almost half way though! I estimate maybe 20 more chapters until the end! Anywho, I hope you enjoy this chapter and gave a great day!~

--------------------

A small whoosh of cold air hit my face. It still didn't manage to wake me. 
Then it happened again. I still ignored it. 
It didn't happen for a few moments, and just as I was about to drift off once again, a warm hand crept up to my face and started fiddling with my fringe. 

I really didn't have the energy to wake up. So I let it happen. 

"Chan..." A soft voice whispered. I still didn't wake up. 

"Channie... Wake up... I miss you..." The room was so silent you could hear his lips parting and closing. You could hear his light breaths. You could hear his soft fingers twirling my hair around and around. 

"Babe... Time to wake up..." 

My eyelashes slowly fluttered open to reveal the red eyed boy laying infront of me playing with my hair. I tensed my muscles slightly, stretching out a bit. I looked at him in my half-asleep state and found his eyes, sparkling and gleaming in the dim light. I let a smile onto my face. He was so beautiful.

"Good morning, gorgeous." I breathed out, almost inaudible.

"Good morning, -face." He giggled.

I rolled my eyes and hit his arm lightly. 

"There I was trying to be all romantic and you had to go and spoil it." I poked my tongue out.

"Romantic? Pur-lease! If you wanted to be romantic you would've woken up before me a prepared breakfast-in-bed for me." He rolled over crossing his arms.

"Heck no. You're not at the palace anymore. I'm not your slave." I chuckled throwing my arm around him and turning him back over to face me.

"That doesn't matter. You must serve me, peasant! You are in the presence of a Prince!" He said in a posh accent. He was so silly sometimes. His goofiness just killed me.

"Yes, but I am no peasant. I am the Princes lover and he shall kiss thou right now." I laughed mocking his accent. I leant my body on him a little and pressed my lips to his.

We kissed for a little while, until he started kissing down my jaw. He trailed soft pecks down my neck bones and all the way to the crook of my neck. I was lightly and letting my eyes open and close slowly. He was driving me crazy.

That's when he sunk his teeth into my neck.

I yelped out in pain, quickly sitting up straight. 

"What the heck was that for?!" I yelled.

"Oh my- I- I- I'm so so sorry I didn't mean that I just- I was- I- I mean-" He was flustered and obviously apologetic. It was painful, it was like getting an injection. With really thick needles. It was lucky I reacted before he pierced through one of my veins. I could've died. I knew he wouldn't do this on purpose. It was obvious he didn't through the way he was acting.

"Why did you do that?" I asked looking over at him. His skin had turned super pale and it seemed as if he had sudenly turned sickly. 

"I... I haven't eaten since yesterday..."

"Yesterday night?"

"Yesterday morning." 

That's why. He hasn't eaten for a whole day. I couldn't really get angry at him then. He really didn't mean it. How could I forget. He never ate anything yesterday while he was here. I'm so stupid sometimes.

"Baek, you need to eat. C'mon, get dressed and go get some food from home. You don't look well." I said getting out of bed.

"No, I want to lay here with you all day." He complained grabbing my hand as I tried to walk off.

"No Baek. Come on, get up. It will do you good. You need to go see your parents to, they'll be worried sick I'm sure." I said.

He sighed and looked down at the floor, remembering his parents most likely. I wanted him to stay too. But it wouldn't be good for him. He needed blood, and I wanted to avoid it at all costs.

I lean't down to where he layed and took his hand. I took the back of his palm and kissed it lightly. I stood up again and walked off to the kitchen. I took out a bowl from one of the cupboards and poured some cereal into it. That was my breakfast sorted. I started eating my meal and halfway through, Baekhyun came walking out of my room, dressed and ready to go.

"I don't want to go." He sulked.

"You need to go. You need to eat and you need to be with your parents." It was true. Maybe not the part about his parents. But you never know, they could've patched things up. Then I remembered everything last night. He wanted to kill himself last night. He was going to kill himself last night. I had no idea what his parents relationship was really like, I guess no one ever knew unless you were part of the family. But they must be pretty bad if they could make happy-go-lucky Baekhyun wanna die. Literally.

I could understand why he didn't want to leave. We had an amazing time last night and almost I didn't want him to leave. But I knew it was for the best.

"Just let me eat you." He said.

"Hey! Do you want me dead or something?" I laughed walking over to him.

"I'd rather eat you than leave and be with my parents." He laughed with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I'm sorry. I wish things were better..." I didn't know what else to say. A moment of silence fell between us before he took my cheeks in his palms and placed his lips against mine. The kiss was soft, tender and lasted a little while before he opened the door and left me alone.

~

Baekhyun had left about an hour ago. I had managed to take a shower and get dressed into some clothes before falling back into my boring routine of life. I simply sat on the couch and played a video game. Most of the time I just picked out any random game, which was no different today. I started to play Dying Light, just a simple survival game. That was until there was a knock at my door. 

I paused the game and stood up from the sofa. I strode towards the door and opened it to find Baekhyun leaning against the door frame with a cheeky smirk on his face as he asked,

"Wanna spend the night at a palace?"