Chapter 3

To Kill A Vampire

I never did forget about Byun Baekhyun. 

How could I? He's next in line for the throne. 

Here I am at age 20, living alone with no one at all to talk to. If you're wondering, my parents died 10 years ago. 

And I eventually did find out about the gold and silver pins. 

You see, there isnt just one kind of vampire. There are all different kinds. For example, I am a Dhamphir. That means I am half human, half vampire. There are some good perks I guess.. I can still run pretty fast, and heal quickly. But I still have to drink blood to keep myself alive, and I hate that. 

The most popular kind of vampire, and the strongest by the way, is the Strigoi. Those are the ones that have gold pins. They rule the vampire kingdom and have always looked down on the Dhamphir's like myself. No Strigoi is allowed to be with a Dhamphir. As friends, sure. But relationship? Heck no. My father was pretty lucky to have stayed with my mother, I mean, ofcourse he wasnt royalty or anything. I've heard stories about royal Strigoi's being killed by there own parent's for having relations with a Dhamphir. We're treated worse off than them. Almost like the middle class. 

And that brings me back to how my parents died. 

They were killed by the Jiang Shi. 

They are our enemies. There arent many of them, yet they are still highly dangerous. I guess they are kind of the 'zombie' vampires because they are basically hundred year old dead bodies that walk around stealing peoples lives. Although they are rare to find, I am still worried about ever having to face one.. For obvious reasons.

But anyway, I live alone now. And tomorrow is July 22nd. That obviously means it's the annual Blood Ball. Some name right?

I havent been since my parents died, even though every vampire who lives in this town is supposed to go, I managed to get out of going there for a pretty long time. That is until I recieved a letter telling me that if I didnt go I would be kicked out of this town or something. And since I have nothing better to do in my free time, I might aswell go.

Even though I am dreading it like hell.