Chapter 4 : Fate

Fate Brought Us Together >> 운명은 우리를 데려온

*Knock, knock, knock!*

The sound of a harsh knock forced Jaehwan who was asleep at the living room to wake up

Who just knocked on the door at this hour? It was 3am. Who could it be?

Jaehwan, mumbling and walking to the door at the same time. When he opened the door..

“Appa, I’m so sorry. I can’t find the keys. And I’m so sleepy.. zzzz..” Amber went into her deep sleep without noticing that she actually fell asleep in Jaehwan’s arm.

Who is this pretty girl? Can this be my angel? Oh no, Jaehwan, stop dreaming. She must have mistaken my house for hers. Must get her back safely.

Jaehwan grabbed the key and sweater. Then, he lifted Amber who was asleep.

Poor cute girl. You must be cold.

Jaehwan tightens his hold and went to the next door’s house.

*rings the door bell*

“Hello, sir. I’m sorry to disturb you at this hour, but you seemed awake, however. I just want to ask, if you happen to know this girl?”

“That is my daughter. This way, come.” Jaehwan was led by Mr Kim to Amber’s room. Her window is the opposite of Jaehwan’s. There, Jaehwan put her on the bed and covered her with a warm blanket.

Sleep tight cutey. See you tomorrow.

“Many thanks, I wish to you, young man.”

“Just call me, Jaehwan. I live next door with my family. And you are..”

“Mr Kim. That is my daughter, Amber. My one and only daughter.”

Jaehwan nodded.

“Well, Mr Kim. I have to go now. It’s not nice being here at this hour, plus you need sufficient sleep. Thank you for the hot chocolate too.”

“Oh yes. Be sure to come here again.” Jaehwan chuckled and waved back as Mr Kim waved at him.

This will be the only chance. Mr Kim comforts himself under his blanket and went to a deep sleep.

The next day, Mr Kim went outside to have a look at his beloved collection of orchids.

“Hello, sweet pumpkin. How are you today? Looking good and beautiful as ever”

“Do Hyun-a?” The calling of the name startled Mr Kim.

That voice, can it be..

“In Ha-ya !” Mr Kim and Mr Lee ran out of their gate and hugged each other.

“It has been almost 30 years since I last saw you, Do Hyun-a. How are you now?”

“I’m fine, In Ha. Do you live next door?”

“Yes, we just moved yesterday”

“Is Jaehwan your son?”

“Yes, he is my eldest one. Why?” Mr Kim then asked Mr Lee to come inside and have a cup of tea.