Chapter 6 : Just another day, hopefully..

Fate Brought Us Together >> 운명은 우리를 데려온

That morning, Amber woke up a bit late than usual. This was because she spent her night crying on her bed while she let Jaehwan sleep on the couch outside.

Urgh.. my head hurts. Thanks to the tears that dropped last night. Amber tried as hard as she could to descend the stairs to the kitchen. She managed to descend halfway when she saw Jaehwan waiting for her at the end of the stairs.

"Amber, are you okay? You look pale. Let me help you.."

"Don't! I don't want your help! I can do it myself." Amber stopped Jaehwan from climbing up the stairs and help her. Jaehwan shut his mouth and remained silent as well as his position at the end of the stairs.

Why is she resisting my help? Do I have no space at all in her heart?

Urgh.. the headache is getting worst. This guy, why must he be here.

Suddenly, Amber's sight gone all black and she collapsed.

"Amber!" Jaehwan's reflex saved Amber from falling from the stairs.

"Amber! Amber! Darling! Please wake up!" Jaehwan held her in his arm and brought her to her room.

"Honey, please wake up. Don't leave me, please. I haven't had the chance to show you my love yet. Please.." Jaehwan was lost in his emotions. Only then, he refreshed himself and ran a check on Amber. That's the use of his medical's degree.

**

Why is all black? I can't see! Help me! I can't even scream! I hear Jaehwan's voice. What? He said that he loved me? He called me honey.. Why does his voice makes me feel calm even in this all black and dark situation? Why does his voice makes me feel safe? Why? Why does my heart beats fast when he holds my hand?

**

Finally, Amber opened her eyes. Her head still had that minor dizzyness. Beside her, still holding her hand, the sleeping Jaehwan.

This guy, who are you to me dear Jaehwan? Are you the angel that has been sent by omma to take care of me? But I have been bad to him. I scolded him, yet I wondered if I would be a suitable wife for someone else who I barely knew too, Ken. Maybe I have to except the fate that Ken and I are not meant to be since I now have, Jaehwan with me. I must say sorry to him. But, how?

Just then, Jaehwan woke up and saw amber staring at him. Quickly, Jaehwan let her hand go so that he wouldn't be scold by Amber. Amber just looked at Jaehwan and turn the opposite side from Jaehwan.

How weird, usually she would scold me. Maybe it's because she is tired.

" I'm making you a porridge. Hopefully you'll eat it" Jaehwan left Amber with her own mind.

Flashback of the first day as a married couple:

"Amber, I brought you a hot chocolate"

Amber remained silent. She refused to talk to Jaehwan.

"Amber.."

" Did I say I want? No, right? So you don't have to make it for me!" Amber shouted in Jaehwan's face.

"And I hate you!" then she slammed her room's door.

"But I love you.."Jaehwan whispered slowly so that nobody but him heard the words. Jaehwan sat on the couch. Letting his fingers ran through his hair. He realised that this marriage is a forced marriage. He admitted that Amber is in it just becuase of her father. Unlike him, willingly to be with her for the rest of her life.

Why do I easily fall for her? Unlike her, not even a bit liking me. Why? even with having Ammy whom I barely know who cares about me better than how Amber is, I'm still in love with amber, more than Ammy. Is Amber my first and true love? Urgh.. I shouldn't be thinking about Ammy. She is someone else's wife now.

***

Jaehwan was brought back to reality from his flashback. He remembered how in pain he was when the first time Amber scolded him in his face. He held a deep breath and walked to Amber's room with a bowl of porridge, a glass of water and some medicines.

*Knock knock*

"Amber?" Jaehwan peeked into her room. Amber was still sleeping. There were tears on her face. Jaehwan put the stuffs on the table and slowly wiped her tears off. Suddenly, Amber opened her eyes. Jaehwan quikly pulled his hand but grabbed by Amber. Jaehwan was shocked.

" I'm sorry. I was .. bringing the chicken porridge and some meds for you. This won't happen again. I promise." Jaehwan's voice startled. He tried to walk out off the room but his hand was still in her hand.

"Don't go. Stay. Please." Amber spoke with a soft voice and teary eyes. Once again, Jaehwan fall for that look.

"Of course, dear. I won't go anywhere. I'll be here, with you. Come, eat this. So that you'll be healthy, okay?" Jaehwan shed tears of joy. Maybe that moment wouldn't last longer but at least, he got to see Amber's soft side with her in conscious state.

"