Chapter 3: The new neighbour.

Fate Brought Us Together >> 운명은 우리를 데려온

It had been a busy day for the Lee family. They had just moved in to their new house, since their father, Dr Lee is the new owner of J Hospital

“Lee Jaehwan, Lee Hongbin! Are you done unpacking yet? It’s almost dinner time.” Mrs Lee came into the boys’ room to check them. Even though the boys are already adult, for her, they are forever her little sons.

“I’m done, mom.” Lee Hongbin appeared behind the door with his dimples. They’re so cute! >.<

“Um.. I need your help, mom” Oh uh, looks like Lee Jaehwan is in a trouble unpacking his stuff.

“Hongbin, why don’t you go and help your dad to set the tables? Jaehwan and I will be down in a minute.” Lee Hongbin went to the kitchen, leaving them.

After several moments, Mrs Lee came down with her beloved son and the dinner started.

“So, Hongbin, how is work?” Dr Lee asked about Hongbin’s progress of work. It is his routine that once in a month he would be asking his sons about their life.

“For now, everything is good, dad. The contracts for me came flowing like waters. But for now, I will be working with the Clarks for Harper’s Bazaar.” Hongbin excitedly told Mr Lee about his new progress. His eyes were sparkling.

“How about you, Jaehwan?”

“Me? Umm.. I will be sitting for the Samsung Entrance’s Test in a week’s time. If I have no luck in this test, I guess, I will be continuing my medic’s degree.”

Jaehwan seemed not happy. Does anyone else seeing this or only me? If only I can help you, hyung.  Hongbin looked at his brother. Unlike Hongbin who is allowed to do what he wants, Jaehwan is more reserved by Dr Lee. He wants Jaehwan to follow his steps. Hongbin used to hear Jaehwan cried in his sleep about how miserable he feels to be trapped inside.

After the dinner, the family spent their time together in front of the TV. Then, Dr and Mrs Lee went to bed, leaving Hongbin and Jaehwan. Suddenly, Jaehwan came from the kitchen. The smell of the coffee made Hongbin awoke.

“Hyung, why on earth are you drinking coffee in the middle of the night? You won’t be able to sleep.”

“Chill, Binnie. I’m staying up tonight. I have to study for my exam, remember?” Jaehwan tried to carve a fake smile on his face.

“Hyung, don’t force yourself to show me that fake smile. I know you are not happy. You want to tell me something?” Hongbin saw the change of look on Jaehwan’s face.

“Brothers’ Secrets, okay. You have already know how unhappy I am right now. And now, I am more unhappier. This time it’s about, um.. Love. Yesterday, I went to my group’s reunion. Each of my boys already have girlfriend or even girlfriends. I don’t even have one. Is there something wrong with me?” Hongbin burst to laugh.

“That’s it, hyung? Oh, mother. Hyung, it’s not that there is something wrong about you. Everybody knows medic’s students didn’t have much time to social around. Don’t worry much, hyung. Your angel must be somewhere, waiting to be discovered” Hongbin continues to chuckle. What a cute hyung, he thought.