Chapter 5 : The Day of The Unexpected

Fate Brought Us Together >> 운명은 우리를 데려온

“Do you, Lee Jaehwan take this woman, to be your wife, as long as you both shall live?”

“I do”

“And do you, Amber take this man, to be your huband, as long as you both shall live?”

I wish I could say no. But I can’t.

“I.. do”

“I now pronounce both of them as Mr and Mrs Lee. You may kiss the bride”

Now, this is a problem. She obviously won’t let me. Jaehwan thought in his mind.

“Just the cheek” Amber told Jaehwan as if she understood what was palying in her husband’s /uhukk / Jaehwan’s mind.

Jaehwan and Amber’s face turned all red. That was the first kiss between them.

Mr Lee and Mr Kim looked at each other with a happy face. They felt glad that the wedding came true as they had planned.

Flashback #1:Mr Kim vs Amber

“What?! No way, appa. No. I don’t even know him. Why would you want me to marry a stranger?”

“If I don’t do this, do you think that I will ever get to see your wedding day?”

“Appa, you know that I have no feelings towards guys, then why force me to get married?”

“Because you are my only child, Amber. No father or mother who have only a child would not want to have grandchildren. Please, Amber, I have never ask anything from you. Please grant me this one wish, Amber. At least, before I die, I already have someone to watch over you”

Tears came rolling down Amber’s cheeks.

Die? Oh no, appa. You know I’m weak when speaking about losing you.

“I need time, appa. Please, leave me alone for a while” Mr Kim left Amber in her room. She took out her Samsung Note 2 and sent a text to Krystal.

To : Krystal

Help me, Krystal! My appa wants me to marry a stranger!

Ping!

From : Krystal

Wow, that is a good move by him. Then, fulfil his dream. You are his first and last child.

To ; Krystal

I would like to fulfil it just because of him. But, I don’t even know and love the guy.

Ping!

From : Krystal

Love can be nurtured day by day. Yes, Marriage is build and strengthen based on the feeling of needing and caring for each other. Also the ‘already-been-there’ love. But, you also need to have the fresh feeling of love to keep a marriage from falling.

Amber reread the last text from Krystal.

Is that true? What if that stranger hurt her more than that jerk. Ergh.. what should I do now..

Flashback #2 : Mr Lee vs Lee Jaehwan

"Woah, dad ! You want me to marry her? We hardly know each other? What if we get a divorce?"

"Calm down, Jaehwan. Parents knows best for their children. And for me and Mr Kim, we think getting you and her daughter to get married is the best. You are not getting young, Jaehwan and that implies us too. Hongbin has many experiences with girls but not you. It's my fault that I kept you locked all the time for your medic's degree. To make things right, I found you a wife."

Jaehwan looked unbelievably at Dr Lee.

In the deepest corner of my heart, I would like to scream thanks, dad. But, I've seen her aggressive side a few times dad. What if she rejects it but I accept it? Wouldn't it break me apart?

Jaehwan then, walked silently to his room and opened the window which was the opposite of Amber's room.

Amber.. what a nice name. I have fallen for you the first time we met and you don't even realize that. How pity I am.. Having a one sided love.

Suddenly, Amber appears at the window. They both stared in awe at each other.

Who is that guy, so warm to be looked, soothing to my heart. Omo! why my heart is beating so fast? Can it be?

Amber then ran away from the window.

Why do you ran? That clearly shows how she hate me. I have to stop myself from hoping to marry her.

Jaehwan landed on his bed, trying to sleep.

"Hyung?" Hongbin's head popped out from the door. Jaehwan gave him a sign to come in.

"Are you nervous hyung? Well, I saw the girl just now. She was at the lawn."

"Amber, her name is Amber"

"That kind of girl's name is Amber?" Hongbin burst to laugh and stopped when Jaehwan gave him a sharp look.

"I'm sorry hyung. I was testing you. You passed. You are a different man."

"What do you mean?"

"Appearance doesn’t matter. What matters is the power of love. At your first sight, you should know either she is the one, or not" Hongbin then left his hyung in questions.

I should know that she is the one, just by at first sight? Feeling dizzy, Jaehwan finally slept in questions.