Chapter 3

I Love You

After he had paid the taxi fare, he runs into the airport because he cannot wait anymore. This is the time he waits for two years. He has to find someone he really missed. He takes the stairs to go to next floor. Finally, he saw a figure that he really knows.

“Noona!!” He runs toward her. “Noona, I really miss you. Muahh..,” he hug his noona and kiss her on the cheek.

“Aigoo. My dongsaeng is really cute. I miss you too, Kyuhyun-ah. How are you? I think you have grown up after I left you for two years and you look more handsome than before,” his sister said to him and hug him tightly.

Cho Ahra is Kyuhyun’s eldest sister. She was two years older than Kyuhyun. She was studied in America for two years and do part-time job there to support her studies and Kyuhyun. After their parents passed away when Ahra is seven and Kyuhyun is five, their grandmother raised them. But after eleven years, their grandmother passed away too. So, they have no one to take care of them. Then, Ahra decided to do part-time job when she still studying. She gives her half of the salary to Kyuhyun every month to pay for the rental and school fees. That’s how their life goes on. Ahra came back before she could finish her studies there because she doesn’t want Kyuhyun to live alone in Korea. She wants to take care of her dongsaeng. So, she end up to go back to Korea.

“I am handsome since I was born, noona. Don’t you realize it before?” he said proudly and laughing as he jokes with his sister.

“Yeah, you were,” she rolled her eyes. “So, until when we gonna stay here? I’m so tired from flying for so long hours. I need to rest, my little brother. Let’s go back home.”

“Oops.. Sorry, noona. I forgot. I’m just excited to see you after a long time. Let’s go,” he said and he pushes the trolley that contains Ahra bags.

“Yeah.. Let’s go,” Ahra said excitedly and she linked her arm to Kyuhyun’s arm.

XXXXXXXXXX

“Oppa!!” Soo Jeong said loudly and stood up as she saw her brothers were arrived at the hospital. She runs toward them and crying at Heechul’s chest. Heechul pat her back and Ryeowook just her hair to calm her down.

Heechul is her eldest brother. He is three years older than Soo Jeong. He is really protective. He likes to talking and sometimes do sharp comments. But he actually has kind-hearted. Ryeowook is her second brother. He is one year older than her. His face is cute that looks that he is not older than her. He likes to cook. He always takes care of our needs. They are in the same school.

“Gwaenchana, Soo Jeong-ah. Don’t cry. We’re sad too that appa has passed away but we can’t stop it. We just have to accept the fate, okay?” Heechul said. His eyes were red and teary but he can’t let the tears out. He doesn’t want Soo Jeong see him like that.

“That’s right. Life must go on. Soo Jeong, we are here and we can take care of you. We all love you. Oppa know that you’re a strong girl,” Ryeowook said and he also was sobbing.

“I know oppa. But I just can’t believe this happened.”

“We’re also can’t believe it but it has happened. And we have to accept it. We have to continue our life. I think that appa doesn’t want to see us crying like this. He wants to see us smile even though he was not here with us. You were beautiful when you smile, Soo Jeong.” Heechul pulled back and he looks her eyes. “Please smile. I love when you smile. I will feel at ease if you smiled so that I know that you’re okay.”

Soo Jeong smiled even though it is hard. She hugs Heechul again as her smiled gone. Then, she hugs Ryeowook as her brother is sobbing. Ryeowook kiss her forehead as she hugs him. Her brothers are really protective when it’s come to her. They were lovely siblings. She was just thankful to have these two loveable brothers that can take care of her even though their parents were not here.

Appa, I hope you will find eomma in the heaven. I will pray for both of you. Appa, even though you’re not here I will always remember that you are here, in my heart. I will live here happily with oppas. They will take care of me. I will smile because I don’t want you to be sad. Appa, I love you and will miss you always.

XXXXXXXXXX

“Noona, come in. This is your room. You can rest now. I will bring your bags here. I will wake you up when it’s dinner. I’ll make you something.” Kyuhyun said to her sister.

“Thanks, Kyu. You’re so kind. But can you cook? I don’t know that you can cook. If you can’t, I will do it when I wake up later.”

“Oh please, noona. I’m here alone for two years after grandma passed away. So, I have to learn to cook for myself. I don’t want to die from hungry,” he said with chuckled.

“But you can just buy food, so that you don’t have to cook. Did the money I give you do not enough?” she asked curiously and worried.

“No, noona. It is more than enough. I just do not want to spend it on non-necessary things. If I cook at home, I can save more money. Don’t worry, noona. I can handle this thing,” he grinned.

“Okay. If you need help, just wake me up. I just don’t want the kitchen is on fire,” she laughing hardly.

“Arasso. Arasso. You just go take your sleep. By the way, I need to buy something so I will go to market. You need anything?”

“No. Just go so you can come back before dark. Take care, Kyu.”

“Noona, I’m not kids anymore. I’m 18 this year. I know how to take care myself,” he said as he pouting.

“Aigoo. You’re look so cute when you’re pouting. Arasso. I know that you’ve grown up. Just remind it to you so that I look like a sister who takes care of her dongsaeng.” She smiled.

“Okay, noona. That’s enough. I have to go now. Annyeong,” he waved to his sister.

After a few hours, Kyuhyun just got back from market and start cooking. He cooked many dishes for his sister like kimchi stews and bulgogi. After finish cooking and preparing the food, he wakes up her sister. They go to the kitchen together and sit at the table.

“Woah~ There are so many food here and it looked delicious. Kyu, you cook everything here?” Ahra pointed the food on the table.

“Yup. I told you that I can cook. Please stop asking. Let’s eat now. I’m hungry. Just eat it what you want.”

“Okay. I will stop asked and I’m feeling hungry too.”

“I will eat very well” they both said it before eating. They eat and chatted happily because they had not seen each other for a long time.

XXXXXXXXXX

“Soo Jeong, let’s eat. You’re not eating since this afternoon. You have to eat so that you could have energy. Tomorrow we have to go to the appa funeral. It’s will be a long day tomorrow.”

“I don’t have appetite to eat, Wookie oppa. Just leave me here. I want to stay with appa.”

“Okay,” Ryeowook sighed. “But if you want anything to eat, just tell me or Heechul hyung.”

Ryeowook headed to Heechul. “She doesn’t want to eat again?” Heechul asked.

“Nae. Hyung, I’m worried about her. Can you please talk to her to eat? She always hears what you said.”

“Arasso. I will talk to her. Give me the food.” He walk towards his dongsaeng.

“Soo Jeong-ah, let’s eat. You have to eat. If you don’t want to eat, I will feed you.”

"But I..." she couldn't finish her words before Heechul interrupted, "No excuses, my dear. I don't want to hear it. Please just eat it."

“Arasso. Arasso. I will eat. I don’t want you to feed me. I can feed by myself. I don’t want to be like a baby.”

“That’s good and you’re such a baby to me, Soo Jeong-ah,” he grinned and winked.