Chapter 9

Fate

I woke up today with a blank mind.

Only after I encountered that thing called mirror, I could finally see my face and remembered everything from the previous night.

As what I expected, I looked horrible with those black circles under my swollen eyes.

After a quick bath, I prepared myself for the day.

I decided to cover those black circles with a good amount of concealer. It was enough to avoid people's stares, I guess.

After some deep breaths and brief prayers that he wouldn't appear, I finally opened my apartment door.

Silence.

 I shrugged off a pinch of dissapointment that piled up at the pit of my stomach. He finally 'left' me alone. I should be happy about that.

I skipped to the elevator area, and I saw the doors were nearly shut.

I immediately ran to the elevator buttons and pushed them rapidly, hoping that the doors would stop their movement.

Fortunately, they did.

Or, unfortunately.

"Jinki-ssi?"

My heart nearly stopped beating when I saw Myungsoo again. I changed my direction, stepping away hurriedly. I wasn't ready to meet him yet.

Or perhaps, I just didn't want to meet him anymore.

"Wait!" He ran out from the elevator and grabbed my wrist like what he did yesterday. But of course, I struggled to release the grip with all my might.

"Let me-"

"Listen to me!" he turned my shoulders vigorously, instantly facing my face. He stabbed my orbs with his dark ones. That was it.

That was the moment when I literally froze.

My nerves were stiff, and I was forced to meet the eyes filled with anger, but also pleads.

They were contrast, like how I remembered them.

His eyes. I could never win over those eyes.

"At least listen to me. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean that way. I didn't mean that you're an easy girl. I was just.."

"Just what?" My voice was sharp, as the dissapointment of him was still filling me.

"I was just..."

"What?" I was getting really impatient, and finally I found my strength to get off again. He was off guard, and I quickly got inside the elevator.

I pushed the button to go to the first floor, and the doors closed.

Almost.

His hand blocked their way so they were opened again, then he stepped in.

I scoffed under my breath, moving as far as possible from him. He tried to get closer, but I scooted away to the corner of the elevator. 

He stopped approaching me and sighed, "Okay, I was.. J."

"J?"

"Yeah, J."

"What's J?"

"J is... just J." He groaned in frustration, "I just can't tell you what J is! Can't you just guess from the letter J?!" he ruffled his hair in frustration.

"What's with the sudden yelling?!"

"Okay, sorry! It's just.. Just forgive me, alright?"

"Do you think it's really that easy to forgive your mean words towards me?"

"But I was... I already said that I was J!" Then his yelling came back, making me winced a little. He sounded desperate. 

"But I don't know what do you mean by J!" I responded bewilderedly.

"Alright, I was jealous!" His eyes widened right after the J word escaped his lips, his hands covered his mouth almost reflectively.

Did I hear correctly?

I opened my lips to ask what did he mean by that, but my throat was dried out suddenly, causing me the inability to talk. I was left speechless.

"Aish, I was jealous of you and him, okay?! I can't believe I'm telling you this!" He faced the other side of the elevator, avoiding any eye contacts with me. His ears were red because of the embarrassment which he caused himself. 

I didn't respond, because his other explanation came shortly.

"I was jealous because you were so.. so.. friendly towards him! You were the total opposite when you were with me! At least, be nice to me. I want to be friends with you." The last sentence struck hard into my brain, drowning the last bit of hope inside my heart.

Friends, Jinki. Of course. You were a fool if you expected more.

He looked back to meet my eyes, but swiftly turned his flushed face away once more, hanging his head low.

He groaned, "So, I didn't mean to say those words to you. It was just an.."

"An outcome of your jealousy?" I .

"Yes- I mean, no! Ugh, I don't know anymore!"

The elevator bell dinged and the doors were opened. I reflectively switched my attention to the elevator entrance.

I was shocked when I felt warmth in between my left hand fingers. It was Myungsoo's hand.

He dragged me out of the elevator, with him ahead of me.

I was confused, dazed. The feeling of his skin against mine spreaded through my veins, increasing my heartbeat. I could tell my face was tomato-red.

His words broke the deserted atmosphere, "I'm taking you to breakfast."

Like he could read my protesting mind, he uttered, "I'm not going to take no as an answer. I had enough shame today."

A light giggle escaped my lips.

Oops, I didn't see that one coming. I was supposed to be angry, right?

He stopped his track, I stopped exactly before I stumbled onto his back.

He turned his head and our eyes stared at each other for a few seconds of silence. I doubted we barely even blinked.

I wasn't sure who started it first, but soon we both broke into a hearty laugh.

After our laughing ceased, we continued our way to the parking lot. Our hands were still intertwined. Both of us had a wide smile curved on our lips.

It was certain, I had forgiven him.

How? How could I forgive him so easily?

I didn't know. I just... could.

Well, the reason was maybe, just maybe, because he was the Kim Myungsoo.

Whom I, unfortunately, had fallen for. Hard.

________________________________________

A/N :

Thank you for the support.

I just... want to thank you all.

Sorry for any dissapointment I had caused you. :(