Chapter 8

Fate

" YOU WHAT?!" My eyes nearly popped out from their places.

"How-Wh-Wha-", and I started to mutter incoherent words.

He rolled his eyes, "Remember about the thing I got to do around here? That's moving in. And yes, I'm in the flat next to yours."

"But, but, why?!" I mentally pleaded that that was just a bad dream and he would be gone by tomorrow.

"My current house is located downtown, and I think it's better to just rent a flat or something so I won't have to drive too far to get to the cafe. Effective way of working." He smirked.

"Yeah, yeah. Enough of your effective way of working. Bye then." 

"Wait," He held my arm, preventing me from going inside my apartment.

I groaned and turned back to see him. "What?" I sounded annoyed as hell.

Well, who wouldn't get annoyed if you meet a guy you wanted to ignore and forget, like almost everyday, and you get stunned only by his simple actions over and over again?

Really, I grew frustrated by myself when the other party seemed unbothered.

"What were you doing with that guy? You haven't answered that question." He narrowed his eyes.

"Why do you even care?" I narrowed my eyes too.

"Because..." He looked a bit nervous. Ha! Couldn't find any reason, Kim Myungsoo?

"Because... Because..." He bit his lip, then suddenly his eyes widened and brightened, "Because you are my girlfriend!"

"You dare to bring up that topic again?" I narrowed my already narrow eyes, "even you, YOURSELF, said that it was only a JOKE."

"Well, joking or not, you're still my girlfriend."

I blinked a couple of times at him, puzzled, "I seriously don't get it."

"Me neither." He grinned innocently. I sighed in disbelieve. Those two guys were great on looks. But really, their characters are absurd. And please, I was tired and I needed some rest, not a weird joke from a weird guy.

"Leave me alone," I muttered while shrugging his arm off. But he still didn't let go.

"I'm serious, Jinki-ssi. What were you doing with him?" His goofy expression was gone, replaced by a serious, stiff one.

I gulped because of his thick aura of authority, more intimidating than the last one.

"N-nothing. I-I was just bidding him goodbye when he suddenly got back and kiss me on the cheek-" I covered my mouth when that embarassing part slipped out from my lips. 

Me and my stupid mouth.

"Really," he scoffed, "you did public display affection that easy. Who knows what both of you could be doing inside?" He gave me a look. 

Disgusted one.

I opened and closed my mouth a couple of times, speechless.

"Are-are you saying.. that.. I'm an.. easy... girl?" I whispered.

"No, I di-" 

"Leave me alone," I hissed at him. 

"Listen-" he was beginning to panic.

"NO, you listen. Leave. Me. Alone." I pulled his hand off my arm, and rushed to my flat as soon as possible.

I banged the door close and practically ran to my bedroom. I then hugged my bolster as tight as possible. It was what teenage girl would do when they're upset and forbidding their tears to stream out their eyes.

I could hear faint knockings on my flat door from my bedroom. I also could hear faint "I'm sorry"s.

I knew I kept being harsh to him this whole time, but I couldn't deny that I still admired him. Or even, I liked him.

Despite his weird personality, I still liked him.

And being told as an easy girl by the one you like was unpleasant.

In fact, it hurted. Badly.

_______________________

A/N:

So sorry for the REAAAAAAALLLLYYYY slow update. >.<

I swear school is torturing me this whole time.

Please forgive me. TT.TT