Chapter 3

Fate
I was trapped in a traffic. Crap.

I decided to drive since I was in a hurry. I needed to get to someone's birthday party and I wanted to look presentable, not sweaty and scruffy. I thought car was the best idea I could get for the event.

Yet, I should have concerned about the possibility of traffic jams. In a busy city like Seoul, traffic could happen anywhere and anytime, and I should've thought about that before I got stuck on the road packed with vehicles. I couldn't go nowhere.

I sighed in exasperation and I busied myself with my phone. Music or games would do good in a boredom such as what I am experiencing right there and then.

I played Man Man Han Ni sung by U-Kiss. But my mind wasn't really concentrating on the music. Instead, I thought about many things. About my course, my tests, and.. Myungsoo.

I hadn't visit the cafe for sometime, and I didn't stop by to see him anymore since I wanted to continue my life without him bugging my thoughts. The tests were coming soon and I needed to concentrate on my pupils. The distraction caused by Myungsoo -well, anything-, wouldn't do any good to my hectic life at the time being.

Besides, I wanted to get rid of the silly hope lumping in my heart. 

Seriously, hopes towards cliche things didn't lead onto anything positive in reality.

Yes, we need to be optimistic. But logic must come along with the expectance itself.

I was alarmed when the song changed into Super Junior's song, Memories. Great, even my phone was making fun of me. Pfffft.

I was searching for the other decent song on my phone when there was knocking on my car window.

I looked to my left to find nothing. Who knocked?

I shook the weird thing off my mind. But as soon as I focused my sight, I was shocked. Like, really shocked.

The car next to mine was driven by no other than Kim Myungsoo! 

My mouth was agape, and I soon facepalmed myself, chanting, "delusions go away, delusions go away" for like a minute or two. I was trying to fix my already damaged brain. Did I miss him that much? 

After I inhaled and exhaled, I looked again to my left. And the great Kim Myungsoo was still there.

He wasn't looking to my direction. But he soon realized that my car was next to his.

His eyes widened for a sec, but then he laughed. He opened his car window and waved at me. He was chuckling. 

Wait, so it was real? 

I opened my car window, then his chuckling was audible.

He made a gesture of zipping his mouth, then I realized my mouth was still opened WIDE. I closed them as quick as possible.

Both of us were trapped in this traffic. Our cars were side to side. This was impossible. This was one of the events that would only project in our dreams. But dreams were, actually, where the strangest and craziest things seemed so natural.

Yet, it happened. So I think world had gotten crazy. I tried to pinch myself hard to prove that it wasn't a dream. The pinching caused a slight bruise on my arm but I was satisfied because it was ,after all, factual.

"What are you doing here?" I still can't believe that he is the boy I had been avoiding. His appearance were still the same, but now, his hair was styled spikey. Oh, how I miss those dark crescents.

"Trapped. In a traffic. Can't you see?" he said, trying to stop his laughter. He couldn't seem to believe this occasion. Well, me too.

I tried to look on to my surroundings. His car was made in America, so the driver seat was on the right. He surely was filthy rich.

My car, was made in Korea, so my driver seat was on the left. 

Could it be? No. I had promised to never believe in such things. I shouldn't betray my own saying.

So we chatted in the traffic, in a condition where I had never imagined before. We were talking to each other, from our own cars. You might think that was insane. The same thing went for me. But I had to admit, that was fun. 

Later on, I found out that he was heading to my friend's birthday party too. She was actually one of the loyal customers in his cafe.

I wasn't too shocked to hear that. Weird things had been happening lately, this is just one of them.

Oh, I took note about his intelligence too. Someone who could drive both on the right and left side, was totally genius. 

After half an hour, the traffic wasn't as crowded as before. Our cars could move, but the flow of the cars was still slow. We then said goodbye to each other and moved on to our main destination. 

Of course, when we reached, the party was already over, but we managed to give our gifts to the birthday person. Thank God.

She was so pretty. I could see that she was trying to flirt with Myungsoo.

I tried to step back a bit, encouraging her to do more. I smiled and whispered an unaudible 'Fighting!' to her when he wasn't looking at us. He seemed fond of the decorations, maybe they gave him an inspiration about how to innovate his cafe's interior. Too bad, I already loved the atmosphere of the cafe.

Anyway, I could totally understand if he fell for her, she suited him well.

I didn't really know her, she was just the older sister of my pupil. I met her a couple of times when she picked up my pupil from the course. She was playful and cute, just like the other teenagers. Boys could easily fell for her, I was asure of it.

Myungsoo was a part of boys. That meant he wasn't any exception. I was certain that he would fall for her.

But what happened later was really out of my mind.

"I'm sorry, but I already have a girlfriend," he said while grinning.

"Uh?" I was too dazed in my own world when I felt something touched me. He was gripping onto my wrist.

My cheeks automatically burned at the contact. My heart was thumping so hard it was going to drop out of my chest. I kept telling myself to control myself so I wouldn't look too ridiculous.

"This is Lee Jinki, my girlfriend."