Chapter 7

Fate

Byunghun chuckled because of the sight of my flushed face. I must have looked stupid.

He ushered me a bottle of water.

Without any concern, I quickly gulped the water to ease the stuffy feeling in my throat. A few seconds later, the situation was normal again.

Suddenly, the appearance of the bottle grabbed my attention. Wait, I didn't stock this brand of mineral water, did I?

"Whose... this?" I looked at Byunghun, confused.

"Mine."

I blinked at him twice. Maybe then his calm face would turn into a big grin or something that indicated that he was joking.

None.

"EEEEWWWWWWW!!" I practically throwed the bottle at him, wiping my lips with the collar of my tee.

Ew, ew, ew!! Two times of indirect kiss!! Disgusting!

But... yeah, I didn't know what word could describe the rest of what I was feeling.

No. I was still mentally healthy and I wouldn't act like a crazy fangirl upon the indirect skinship.

"What? If it wasn't because of this bottle you would have suffocated," He shook the bottle lazily in front of my face, "Who knows if you wouldn't last more than 5 minutes? I still want to get good grades, you know."

I gaped at him. Was that the same guy that told me that I was cute? I took note that most people were unexpectedly bipolar.

"What an amazing wish for me, Byunghun," my last sentence was dripping with sarcasm as I glare through his eyes. He shrugged his shoulders and muttered a  'sorry' in between his chuckle.

After that little incident, we started the lesson again. This time it didn't last longer than 1 hour.

I assumed that was enough for him to understand some parts he didn't earlier.

I walked him to the exit of my room, for some sense of manners. He waved a goodbye then walked straight to the elevator. 

I was about to close my apartment door when Byunghun came back, nearly running.

I was going to ask him if he left something, but suddenly, his lips met the cold skin of my left cheek. I reflectively covered that part with my hand. I could feel the flesh heating up as seconds passed by.

I demanded an explanation as I looked up to him, "What was that?"

"Well, I wanted to thank you for your kindness. And I still think that you're cute," there came his undoubtedly stunning grin. That explanation was still unacceptable. We weren't even 'that' close.

"We are not even in a position to give smooches to each others, Byunghun," I tried to make my facial expression serious. But it might look silly since my face was probably rosy red. 

"Alright, alright, I'll try not to do it again," that grin hadn't crawl out from his face, " But it'll be hard since you're so cute." He faked a pout.

"Wow, you're really a cassanova," I crossed my arms and as I gave him a disbelieve look.

Byunghun chuckled, but he didn't reply to my remark. This time he really procceeded to the elevator, going off the apartment building.

I shook my head in amazement. That guy could really use some help.

Me either, as I was as stupid to have a crush on a boy like that.

I turned to my left as I heard a sound. I almost got an heart attack because of that, though.

There was a boy leaning rather comfortably on the flat door next to mine.

And I didn't have to tell who was that. 

"You SERIOUSLY need to STOP POPPING EVERYWHERE!" I pointed my index finger to him. It was a motion filled with curiosity.. and a bit of rage. 

"Oh, hi. Another surprise?" Myungsoo grinned. A second later, his face came back to the usual stiff face, the grin dissapeared without a trace. That guy was totally unique.

"What were you doing a moment ago?" His voice was deep, and it was more like a command for me to answer, instead of merely a question.

The low pitch made me shuddered a bit, but I wasn't going to just give in to his imperative sentences.

"You! Explain first why you're here!"

He rolled his eyes and stepped forward, which I took as a sign for me to take two step backwards. This was getting creepy.

He stopped at his track and held a hand in front of me. I stayed still as I changed glances between him and his hand. I raised an eyebrow because of the weirdness. Well, everything about him was weird.

He sighed as he saw I didn't understand what he meant by that. He then grabbed my right hand and clasped in together with his, shaking them by himself.

"Hi, I'm Kim Myungsoo. Your new neighbour."