Chapter 1

Fate

I was staring at the boy sitting at the corner of the cafe.

It was always his usual appearance, the smooth-looking, black locks, his semi-formal clothing, and his mysterious, mesmerizing dark orbs.

It was always his usual seat, the comfy-looking beige sofa beside the window. I didn't know if he had some kind of relation to the cafe owner or something, but he always had the exact same seat.

I noticed him a month ago, right in the same situation. Me and my hot chocolate, him with his hot smoky beverage beside his MacBook on the medium-height coffee table. He was doing the exact same thing as now, typing.

After I observed during our several encounters, I was certain that if he wasn't typing, he would read. Something about business, or just any light-reading.

He was always too caught up in typing whatever, and I rarely saw him sipping his drink. I always saw him here on Tuesdays, since my agenda wasn't too packed with the schedules of mine. Strangely, only on Tuesdays.

I paid much attention to him. Why? I didn't know either. I wasn't experienced in things like this. The feelings-related, irrational, illogical things. So how was I supposed to understand the situation?

Absurd much? I thought so too. However, I refused to call it fate, destiny, or anything else sounded more less cliche. For me, the meetings were only coincidence.

But, when I saw him for the umpteenth time of the month, I sensed something more than just a soon-to-end event. 

Soon I realized. Even if I didn't think it wasn't just any encounters that come and go, so what? What should I do then? Should I walk over to him and say, 'hi, who are you? I think you're cute. Will you go on a date with me'?

Hell no.

Even if I was active, I was NOT insane.

Well, but didn't world have it own ways?

"I'm so sorry," I blinked away my thoughts as reality slowly registered into my brain.

"Huh?" I answered dumbly enough. I was aware a second after that the person standing before me was the breathtaking human-being. Oh my God.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I accidentally spill some of my drink on you. I'm really, terribly sorry," he said and he reached for something in his pocket. When he found it, he handed it to me. A handkerchief.

I looked down to see that actually a little of the hem and the chest part of my white blouse was a bit brownish, I assumed due to the accident he had mentioned earlier.

"Oh.. Thanks," I stood up to take his handkerchief, hesitatingly. But I wiped my stained top with it, nevertheless. 

Oh my, was I too drowned in my own thoughts that I didn't even realize the heat from the coffee that made contact with my OWN skin?

"Umm.. I will wash this first, the I'll return it to you," I awkwardly said, while pointing to his navy blue handkerchief. There were letters bordired in black at the left corner of the cloth, KM. Were that his initials?

"That's not necessary," he smiled, and well, it doubled his handsomeness, "it was entirely my fault, I was so clumsy".

"I insist," I smiled back.

"Okay, then," he shrugged his shoulders, "but how am I going to get it back?"

"I'll meet you here, on Tuesdays, as usual and I-" my eyes widened at my own remark, and reflectively covered my mouth with my palms. I didn't just say 'as usual' did I?

Unexpectedly, he chuckled. He chuckled, when I thought he was going to be shocked and terrified, thinking I'm a stalker, then grabbed his handkerchief and ran away. Exaggerating, eh?

"How did you know I always come here on Tuesdays?"

"Well.." I stopped a while, "I come here on Tuesdays, and I always saw you here. So I concluded that you also come here on Tuesdays," I said not looking to his eyes. I was certain my cheeks burned from the embarassment.

He chuckled again, and I wondered how could a mysterious, cool-looking boy chuckle so often.

"So you paid attention to me that much, huh?"

"No, not really. I mean, I have my peripheral view," I said while laughing humourlessly.

This time he only grinned. Then he looked to his wrist where his black watch was strapped. "Well, I gotta go now, nice talking to you..."

"Jinki."

"Jinki-ssi. I'm looking forward to our next meeting," and with his wide grin he strode off the cafe.

I let out a breath I had unconciously been holding. The previous hour we were strangers.

Now?

Who knew what this official conversation and one side introduction could lead into.