Chapter 6

Book II: The Forbidden Love

 "You know, now that I think of it. Will JM be safe there? I mean Jungkook's a man and our JM is a lady. They're both at the age that well...you know...he watches...." Kyana whispered the last part to Naerin who was beside her writing lyrics. "You only thought of that now? When it's already been a day. Seriously." She said, unbothered by what Kyana told her. "You think they did it?" Kyana asked again with wide eyes. Naerin faced her and laughed a little. "Have a little trust in Jungkook will you? I personally think they wouldn't go that far. If ever, JM would have smacked him right on the face in case his hormones go on a rampage." Naerin said, concentrating once again on the lyrics then back to the piano. "True. What are you doing anyway?" Kyana asked her, sipping on her frappe. 

 

"I'm composing a song as you can see. And why are you not doing anything anyway? Did you beat up Jin again?" Naerin asked stopping momentarily to look at her. Kyana laughed and stuffed the straw on Naerin's lips. "Just drink this and continue your work. I'll hang out here for a while, I'm too bored. The kids aren't even here." Kyana said, casually laying back on the sofa behind Naerin. "Today is Monday. Don't you have class?" Naerin asked, turning off her piano and fixing her music sheets and notebook. "My class starts at 10, so it's after 2 hours. You?" "In an hour. I'll go ahead first then. See you later." with that, Naerin left the music room and went to her room to get ready for class. 

 

Meanwhile in Jeju, Jungkook creeped into JM's room and walked softly to her bed. Where she was sleeping peacefully, her blanket sprawled all over and her hair braided to one side. He crawled on top of her with his knees and arms on either side of her. She stirred in her sleep because of the movement made. He smiled at her expression and pinched her cheeks. 

 

"Wake up sleepy head, it's time for breakfast. " He announced, pinching her nose next. She scrunched her nose and remained still. "5 more minutes." she said, turning to lay on her stomach at the same time sliding her arms under her pillow. "Make that 10." he said, falling on the side beside her and getting under the blanket. She moved once again to hug him and tangle their legs together, while he wrapped his arms around her while placing her head on his chest. 

 

"Sleep. I'll wake you up later."  he said in a soft voice. He started patting her back and caressing her head while he looked at her sleeping face quietly. He blushed at the thought that she would probably hear the fast beating of his heart but it was too late to back out now. So instead, he started day dreaming while the girl in his arms remained unfazed and asleep. 

 

~*~*~

 

My eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the bright light of my room. it took me a while to process where I am then I remember what happened yesterday. I graduated yesterday...I smiled at thought of that part of my life is done and now I'm about to face another chapter of my life. I just don't know which one. The next 2 days with him  or my college life in Paris. 

 

I looked up at the sleeping figure beside me, who also managed to wrap everything of me in his arms. I remember him sneaking out last night and in this morning. Silly man. I shook my head at him and wrapped my arms tighter around him. I snuggled up more close as well and just stayed there. "You're finally awake?" he whispered. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked. I felt him play with my hair and I let him be. "How could I possibly wake you up? You looked so peaceful. And you looked like you were having a good sleep. " He said while brushing my hair out of my face and kissing my forehead. "I haven't slept this good since we...separated." I said absentmindedly. "Well I should just make sure you get plenty of good sleep from now on then. " he said, hugging me closer. 

 

"What time is it already?" I asked. He raised his wrist and checked his watch. "Uhmm. 10 minutes till 12. I guess we're having brunch then." he said. I nodded and snuggled him again. "Why does it look like you still don't want to get up?" he asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and closed my eyes and just stayed still. He must have sensed something because he asked me, "Is there something wrong?". I shook my head no and answered. "I just don't want to get up yet. Plus, I'm making the most out of my time with you." "It feels like you're saying goodbye, again." he said after a while. "Well, in case you've forgotten. I am leaving. For London, remember?" I said. "Right." He nodded and kissed my forehead once again. "Don't remind me, will you?" he asked, Hugging me tight. We stayed silent for a while but it wasn't the awkward sort or silence. Once again, it was the comfortable type. 

 

 

"So, what are we doing today?" He asked me as we walked side by side by the beach. "Well, Sohee told me about this water activities we can do here. We can do some extreme sports or scuba diving. We can go fishing or jet skiing or even riding a canoe." I said after suddenly remembering what the girls told me they had arranged for this trip "Oh, we can also try Bungee Jumping but that can be done tomorrow. You want to visit the Flower village?" he asked. I nodded and boldly held his hand as we took our afternoon stroll. 

 

"So, how do you plan on getting my sister to come back to your brother when my sister has a boyfriend?" he asked. I looked at him incredulously. "Can you ever be more frank?" i told him. He laughed at me and gave me that look that says 'Well..' "I haven't really thought of that. But what i know, is that my brother will find a way to get the girl he wants and loves, just like you and me." i said. True, i have not thought about the fact that Jungkook's sister actully has a boyfriend and my brother had zero chance as of the moment, but they'll get there, right?

 

"So you broke up with me, with no plans whatsoever about how your brother will win my sister back? Isn't it obvious that i'm actually fond of my sister's current boyfriend who happens also happens to be our childhood friend? " he said again. I can really hear the amusement from his voice. 

 

"Hey, i am not that smart with the whole 'how to get the girl' thing. You were my first boyfriend, actually the first person i had an intimate relationship with-" "i was?" he asked me. He was smiling at me with narrowed amused eyes and as i was looking at him, i asked." Why do you have that look on your face that looks like i said something weird and you like it?" " it's because i do." he said, ruffling my hair lightly. I looked at him for a while before shrugging off what just happened. 

 

"Anyway. As i was saying, i really haven't thought of 'how' i just thought about the 'know'. And what i know is that, if you truly love someone, you'll find a way to reach to that person. Because love, always finds its way. " i said as i looked at him in the eyes and a sudden honk from somewhere broke our stare. "O-Or am i wrong? Why am i nervous talking like this? And embarrassed that it's you i'm talking about this?" i blurted out. Dammit JM, talk about embarrassing yourself. 

 

He laughed and pinched my cheeks. "Since when did you become so talkative and vocal about your thoughts?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders and answered, "nervousness?" "hmm, maybe." he replied. I let out a sigh and smiled. "So you plane pn leaving everything up to the heavens above. Ok, sounds good. " he laughed. I rolled my eyes at him and lightly punched his shoulder. "Ok smart , help me then. Inspire and sparkle me with your ideas." i told him. After some actual thought, he answered. "Ok, i'll help you. But i'm only doing this so our break-up wouldn't be meaningless." he said. I smiled and raised my hand to give him a hi-five. "and because despite everything we've been through, you're still my best friend and apparently, the woman i love." he said as he raised his hand and gave my hand a slap. I smiled as he pulled my hand and gave me a kiss on my cheek. "Ahh. The small things that makes me not hate you." i said as he pulled away and continued our stroll

~*~*~

 

"So, seafood or barbecued red meat?" he asked as we stared at a whole street of restaurants from across the road. "Pasta." i said. "Yup, definitely Pasta." i said once again. "That wasn't even on one of the choices but okay. Seafood pasta it is." he said as he held my hand and looked at the road before crossing with me behind. I looked left and right and suddenly saw someone familiar, very familiar. "Oh bloody hell." i whispered behind Jungkook's ear. 

 

"No way, Kim Jaemin?" she approached with her not so surprising still friend. I turned to look at them and flashed a fake smile. "Hey, Eujin. I didn't think you'd recognize me. " i told her in the most nice tone i could make. Jungkook must have noticed my expression and squeezed my hand. "Of course i do, how can i not? But what happened to the fatty nerd 2 years ago?" she asked, laughing with her friend, Sera. "Well, i did a lot of dancing." i said nodding at Sera who was openly flirting with Jungkook. "Who's this? Another friend of your brother?" Eujin asked, looking at Jungkook as well then back at me. 

 

"No, he's mine." i said. Wait what? "I mean he's my friend, not my brothers friend." i said again when Jungkook gave me an amused look. I can tell, he was holding back his smile but man am i too nervous to feel anything right now. "Oh cool." Eujin said. I nodded and slowly backed away when She and her friend took a step closer to him. "Right. Uhmm, it was nice seeing you. But we should really get going." i told them, finally stepping infront of Jungkook. Damn, if i just have the nerve to tell them to back off. "Right." He finally said something from behind me. "It was nice meeting you two." he bowed his head and so did the two girls. I gave them one last smile before walking inside the restaurant with Jungkook beside me. 

 

"What was that?" He started laughing when we got inside as i led him to an empty table. I turned around and gave him a knowing look. "hey, come here." he pulled me and held both of my hands. "Sorry for laughing. i just thought you were adorable back there." he kissed my cheek and sat us down. "But what was that out there? you seemed nervous and tense." he asked. I stared at him for a while in silence until i let go of his hands and hugged him instead. "I'll tell you after we order our food." i said. He laughed once again and kissed the top of my head before rubbing my arms and letting go of me. "Ok then, food first." he smiled at me and i smiled back. 

 

"High school bullies? "he asked. I nodded with a pout and continued explaining. "remember when I told you about those bullies who used to make fun of me because I used to like that guy Mark?" I asked him. he nodded and said yes. "Yep, that's them. They're one of the reasons why I went to extreme measures just to lose weight." I said truthfully. It's this kind of times that I miss about us being together. Other than him being all sweet and adorable to me as a boyfriend. he's been always there for me, listening to me and accepting me for who I am and who I used to be. He's so open and cool with my past and opinions about everything. I had my bad side, I had my not so nice moments, but he always tells me I was perfect in his eyes. Because of that, I grew so into him and I became so comfortable with him about everything as well. 

 

"I've said this before, but I never thought I would meet you kind of guy but thank heavens I did." i told him. He flashed his wide satisified smile at me and held my hand. He stared into my eyes and said, "and thank heavens, this kind of guy does not only like you for who you are outside but also loves you for who you are inside. Besides, one, you look hot when you're not so nice and jealous. and two, i'd still love you even if you were chubby anyway. and three, i'm a lot more better than that Mark guy. " i shook my head at him and pinched both of his cheeks. "How can someone not love this kind of guy? Cocky but still sweet." i said. He leaned closer and gave me a peck on my forehead just right before our food was served and we started eating to our hearts content. 

 


 

Part 2 coming up!