Prologue

Book II: The Forbidden Love

"Jaemin, are you sure about this?" Himchan oppa asked me. Dad turned to look at me and as well as Mom.

 

"Yes. I've given it a lot of thought and i think i can make it. Lai eonnie is there. She can help me. I've talked about it with her and she said we can arrange my stay there. 5 months is all i ask.  It's just one semester. Please?" I pleaded. Mom and Dad looked at each other and held hands. Mom turned to me and smiled softly.

 

"Ok. Just arrange your papers for transfer. We'll look into it further." She said, patting my head. I smiled and hugged her by the waist. "Thank you, Mom, Dad." I smiled at them both. I looked at Himchan oppa and saw that he shook his head in amusement.


~*~

 

"We'll see you both next week. Take care." Dad hugged us both. Mom did the same and gave us tight hugs. "Aigoo. You two are all grown up now. I regret not seeing you two grow up beside us. Time flies so fast." Mom said. I smiled at her and hugged her once more. "We undestand mom. You two just want the best for us." I said. I kissed her cheek and broke our hug. "Get in mom, Mr.Park is waiting." I said. She nodded and did the same to Himchan oppa before getting inside the car. We both waved them goodbye and walked to our car.

 

"Kim Jaemin, spill." Oppa said as we entered the car and drove back home. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Why do you want to leave?" He asked, turning a right then going forward. I looked out the window and answered.

 

"It's hard for me everytime i see Jungkook..." I said quietly. "It's not just at school, but also at home. I see them, him all the time." I sighed. "Everything reminds me of him. It's hard." I said.

 

"Nothing is easy in love Jaemin. You know how the saying goes, 'if you love someone, set them free'. It's hard and depressing, but time will heal you. Trust me." He said. I looked down and suddenly my tears started falling down on my lap. Oppa reached out and wiped my tears. "Stop crying, you look ugly when you cry." Himchan joked. I chuckled and looked at him. "Stop." He whispered. I nodded and looked at our front gate. That was fast.. "Thank you oppa. I'll see you whenever." I said to him. He nodded and gave me another smile before spreading his arms out to me. I gladly entered it and hugged him tight. "Bye baby girl." He kissed my forehead and finally let me go.

 

 

"JM-ah! I thought you wouldn't call." Lai eonnie said. I chuckled and kicked of my shoes before laying on my bed. "Hey eonnie." I replied shortly. "Oh, by the way. How did it go with your parents and Himchan oppa?" She asked. I sighed and hugged my pillow. "They were fine with it. As long as i fix my school stuff and whatnot. Oppa asked what was going on and why i suddenly wanted to transfer abroad." I said. "And?" "Well i told him. I mean there's no reason ti hide it or lie to him anyway." I said. "What did he say?" "He just said that i'll heal through time. He didn't say much, which is actually....off." I started to wonder. I had expected him to interrogate me more but he didn't push further. He simply accepted it with a short reason. "Yeah, that doesn't seem like him. " i heard her whisper. There was a long pause before she asked again.

 

"How are you doing?" She asked softly. "I don't know. I honestly don't know. I mean, i stopped crying and stuff but now, i feel so numb. Only he can bring back the life in me. I'm actually starting to regret..." I whispered honestly. "You know you never told me why you broke up." She said. "Do i have to?" I whined. "Really, Kim Jaemin? You're leaving for London because of Jungkook and you won't tell me the reason why? Really?" She stated sarcastically. I pouted. "Why did you two broke up anyway? It's obvious you still love him." She gasped. "Did he cheat on you?! What did he do?!" "Eonnie! No! It's not like that! Sheesh." I said. Just the mere thought of him with another girl..."then what? Don't tell me you cheated on him and felt guilty." "Eonnie, seriously? You think i'm that kind of girl?" I asked her angrily. "Of course not. But it can happen you know." She stated. "No. I did not cheat on him. No cheating or betraying happened. Nothing was wrong between us. I just...I don't want Himchan oppa to suffer anymore. He sacrificed so much for me and i wanted to give him this one thing. Even if it meant hurting me." I said.

 

"How is Himchan oppa involved?" She asked confused. "Himchan oppa and Jungkook's sister had a thing back then. When he found her again, he started drinking and getting himself in trouble. That's why he got hospitalized." I said. "But Jungkook's sister has a boyfriend right?" She asked. "Yeah she does. But i think she still loves oppa. Last time i saw her with her boyfriend she was kind of uncomfortable. Now that i think of it, she kept on avoiding him." I said in a 'as a matter of fact' tone. "JM. Do you realize what you just gave up? Your happiness. You gave up your happiness for something or specifically a relationship that had no chance of getting back together. You sacrificed your love-filled relationship for a broken relationship. Do you not realize all this?" She said frustatedly. "I do." I said in a small voice. She sighed once again. "I just hope you know what you're doing. I'll hang up now, Jonghwan oppa's home. Talk to you soon." She said. "Say hi to Jonghwan oppa for me. Bye eonnie." I replied. "Bye. Take care." She replied. "You too." I said and hang up.

 

"What am i going to do?" I whispered to myself. A part of me wants to get Haerin eonnie and bring her to Himchan oppa so they can finally be happy together while the other....wants me to screw all this and go back to Jungkook. My happiness, My love.