Lullaby (JJCC)

my heart towards you is... (kpop drabble/oneshot dump)
(short drabble based on that one thing prince's sister said on asc)
 
 

 

It's 2 AM, and Eddy's eyes blink open. The room is swathed in darkness, the house in heavy silence, yet there's a sound coming from the other side of the room, Henry's side. Eddy sits up slowly, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, and turns towards the other bed. There's a blot of even darker shadow that is Henry, tossing and turning.
 
"Prince?" Eddy calls quietly. Henry's form immediately stills, then the Chinese boy sits up, and Eddy knows from the just visible shine of his eyes that he's turned to face him.
 
"Oh—you're awake," Henry says. His voice, hushed, is laced with exhaustion, a tiredness that works a thorn into Eddy's heart. "I... couldn't sleep."
 
"You've been awake this whole time?" Eddy swings his legs out from under the covers, looking at Henry incredulously as his eyes adjust to the darkness. The floor is cold, making his toes curl slightly, as he walks towards the other's bed, saying, "Dude, you need to get more sleep. Seriously." Henry's eyes are wide, but Eddy can make out the dark circles under them—he clicks his tongue empathetically. "What's keeping you up?"
 
Henry looks away, tense. "I don't know. I just can't sleep."
 
Eddy is silent for a few moments, then something occurs to him and he has to bite back a triumphant shout. "I know what we should do," he announces. When Henry doesn't respond, he continues, "Remember what your sister said that one time?"
 
"What-... oh." Realization dawns on Henry's shadowed face. "Eddy, no-"
 
"Too late, I'm gonna do it," Eddy interrupts. "Now shut up and relax."
 
"This is ridiculous—I'm older than you-!" Henry's whisper-yell of outrage is cut off when Eddy slaps a hand on his chest and pushes him back into a lying position. 
 
"Doesn't matter. Besides, you're only older than me by, like, a few months." Eddy flashes him a grin before pulling back a little bit and clearing his throat. "Any requests?"
 
"That you don't do this," Henry mutters. Eddy ignores that.
 
"Well since you don't have any particular preference I'll just go with whatever," he says. "Close your eyes and just listen to my voice, 'kay?"
 
Henry heaves a sigh, but Eddy thinks the reluctance is at least half-faked. "Fine."
 
Eddy waits a few moments, then coughs softly one last time and begins to sing. The words come from some faded memory, forming a song he just remembers from some long ago children's choir.
 
When midnight mists are creeping
And all the land is sleeping
Around me tread the mighty dead and slowly pass away
 
Lo warriors, saints and sages
From out the vanished ages
With solemn pace and reverend face appear and pass away
 
Henry's eyes start to droop; his eyelashes flutter. Eddy smiles to himself and keeps singing.
 
The blaze of noonday splendor
The twilight soft and tender
May charm the eye
But they shall die, shall die and pass away
 
But here in dreamland's center
No spoiler's hand may enter
These visions fair, this radiance rare, will never pass away
 
Henry's eyes are closed now, and Eddy can't resist reaching a hand to brush some stray strands of hair away from them as he sings the last lines.
 
I see the shadows falling
The forms of old recalling
Around me tread the mighty dead and slowly pass away
 
As the last note fades, Eddy looks down at his sleeping groupmate fondly, and realizes suddenly, with a jolt, just how much he likes the boy named Henry Prince Mak. A grin tugs at his lips then, and then before he can stop himself he's leaning down and pressing a chaste kiss to Henry's forehead, before stumbling back to his bed with a stupidly rapidly beating heart and a ridiculous flush in his cheeks.
 
Eddy's dreams are of Henry. He tries to hate himself for falling in love with one of his best friends, but every night as he sings him to sleep and gazes down at his peaceful face, he can't. 
 
Because honestly, he doesn't really mind.
 
 

 

A/N: ahh sorry its pretty short ^^; I had a couple different ideas but this was the one I was done with first and I'm trying to do one a week so... here's this! preddy mak as requested by sweetsilbi~ my other jjcc otp tbh, so if more with these two show up don't be surprised...