Love At First Sight (Again) (UNIQ)

my heart towards you is... (kpop drabble/oneshot dump)

Dinner was going pretty well, until the boy with the copious amount of silky black hair tipped his head back to take a drink of water, his dark locks falling away from his face to reveal plush lips, a perfectly curved nose, and half-closed bright eyes framed by long lashes.

Seungyoun choked on his food, startling Yibo beside him. He coughed a few times, cleared his throat, then straightened and flashed the younger a (hopefully) reassuring smile. He glanced back toward the heart-stoppingly beautiful oh my god boy with the long black hair; he was talking now to the older boy with the deep voice (Yixuan was his name, Seungyoun remembered vaguely) in Chinese. Yixuan said something, and the boy threw his head back in laughter.

Ba-dum, went Seungyoun's heart, and he knew he was in love.

Again.

But this was different. This was actually someone, a real person in the flesh in front of him (or across the table and a few seats down, in this case), not the ridiculously quirky female lead in any of the stupid dramas he watched. And not to mention, this was a guy.

"Hyung, your soup's getting cold," Yibo said in stilted Korean.

Seungyoun blinked. Yibo looked at him with raised eyebrows, then turned back to his own food silently. Seungyoun shook himself and hesitantly took a sip of his broth. He grimaced. It was, indeed, cold.

He couldn't help but sneak another glance at the boy who had caught his attention. He was smiling widely at something Yixuan was saying, his whole face lit up with that beautiful grin.

Seungyoun should have scolded himself for falling in love yet again, but all he could really think about was the warm fizz running through his veins and the words forming themselves in his head.

I like it when you smile, were the first words. 

The moment I first saw you
You made me smile
Will you only smile at me?
But how do I say
How do I say

Maybe, Seungyoun thought, he had an idea in mind for a new song. He'd never tell anyone what inspired him, of course, but it's an idea nonetheless.

 


 

And just his luck.

They were going to be in a group together.

Seungyoun leaned forward and swept his eyes over the other four - long-legged Zhou Yixuan with his white-striped hair; Kim Sungjoo, serene-faced and broad-shouldered; Wang Yibo standing cool and expressionless; and Li Wenhan.

Li Wenhan.

His dark hair was shorter now, but still fell low over his forehead, framing his handsome face. As Seungyoun stared, he caught his gaze and held it, smiling faintly.

Seungyoun straightened abruptly and fixed his eyes on the far wall, heat turning his cheeks red. Finally, the man standing in front of them spoke.

"So I'm assuming you all know each other, a little bit, at least," he began. There was a mutual nod. "And you know why you're here." Another nod. "So starting today, you start training as a group."

 


 

A hand appeared in Seungyoun's field of vision. He started and looked up. Wenhan was smiling down at him, offering a hand to shake. Seungyoun stood up quickly, putting on his best grin, and took it.

"Hi," Wenhan said. Just a simple greeting, and Seungyoun already felt his heart speed up.

"H-hi." He realized he was still clutching the other boy's hand, and released it, a faint blush coloring his face. "Li Wenhan, right?" Like he didn't know.

"Yeah. Cho Seungyoun?" Seungyoun nodded. "So..." Wenhan laughed awkwardly. Seungyoun's heart skipped another beat. 

This was going to be difficult, this whole training with Li Wenhan thing. But Seungyoun had a song in his head, and he'd put it to good use. "Falling in Love", he had named it.

How fitting.

 


 

A/N: bluhh, this is super dumb omg

because apparently seungyoun falls in love really easily