Are You Asleep? (UNIQ)

my heart towards you is... (kpop drabble/oneshot dump)

It's one of those nights when they stay awake far longer than they should (i.e. when their manager falls asleep on the couch before he can tell them to go to bed), talking and messing around until finally Yixuan calls it a night and shoos them back to their respective rooms.

 
Yibo has stolen into the kitchen looking for a midnight snack, followed closely by a half-asleep, delirious Sungjoo mumbling something about having a thing for blonds. Yixuan, the ever-proper one, is quietly reading in his room, despite Sungjoo's earlier coaxing—or rather, Sungjoo's earlier whining of "c'mon, hyung, you're so boring sometimes!" Seungyoun is sprawled across Wenhan's bed with his head on the older's knee while Wenhan scrolls through the fancafe on his laptop, contently silent.
 
That silence, though, is broken by Seungyoun's voice, uncharacteristically soft. "Han-ge?"
 
"Huh?" Wenhan looks away from his computer and meets Seungyoun's half-lidded eyes, startled what he sees there. There's something like affection, wistfulness in his eyes, emotion that puts Wenhan off.
 
Seungyoun, Wenhan remembers then, gets personal at night.
 
"Ge," Seungyoun murmurs, looking up at Wenhan from his upside down position. "Do you like anyone?"
 
Wenhan hesitates, then gives the slightest nod. Seungyoun shifts, wiggling closer so his head is rested on Wenhan's thigh, still holding his gaze. "Who?"
 
"I shouldn't say," Wenhan says through a suddenly dry throat. "You wouldn't like the answer."
 
The corners of Seungyoun's lips curve downwards into a pout. "I want to know." His words slur slightly as he says, "I'll tell you who I like if you do." Wenhan just shakes his head. 
 
"Go to sleep," he tells the younger gently, running a hand absentmindedly through the Korean boy's hair. "You're starting to sound drunk." 
 
(Speaking of his hair, Wenhan is finally used to this new color, the startling blond and the dark undercut—when Seungyoun had first walked out of the stylist's room after the change, Wenhan had all but fainted because good god, what had happened? Now, though, carding his fingers through the dyed strands, he thinks he's used to it.)
 
Seungyoun grumbles, then hauls himself off Wenhan only to burrow under the covers of his bed despite Wenhan's protests. "I'm gonna sleep here," he declares sleepily. Wenhan rolls his eyes and sets his laptop on the bedside table before standing to turn the lights off, not having the heart to make the boy move.
 
He peeks out into the hall, seeing Sungjoo emerging from the maknaes' shared room with ruffled hair and red ears, and makes a shooing motion at him, mouthing, "Seungyoun's staying in this room, go away." Sungjoo blinks, then nods slowly (albeit rather bemusedly) and retreats back into the room he had just walked out of. 
 
A soft exhalation of "Hyung?" draws Wenhan back towards the bed, where his wrist is caught by Seungyoun's iron grip and he's dragged onto the mattress, Seungyoun mumbling almost incoherently for Wenhan to stay the entire time. Giving up on trying to get away, Wenhan almost laughs as he crawls under the covers, finding himself staring at the disheveled boy beside him. Seungyoun blinks unseeingly at him, eyes already glazed with sleep, then rolls onto his side, faced away from him. A few quiet minutes pass, and Seungyoun seems fast asleep.
 
Wenhan, for some reason, reaches out with one hand and ever so gently traces three words into Seungyoun's back: "我爱你," then does it again, and again, over and over, imagining things he should not be imagining as an idol in conservative South Korea (or China). He imagines kissing Seungyoun, imagines his chest flush against Seungyoun's back as they sleep, imagines trailing his hands down Seungyoun's body in the privacy of the dorm when everyone else is out, and imagines kissing Seungyoun some more—he imagines loving Seungyoun.
 
"我爱你." He writes the words into Seungyoun's skin through the thin fabric of his shirt, enough times for it to be engraved in stone if he had been carving it into a cliff face as he imagines all this; "我爱你我爱你我爱你我爱你-"
 
Then unexpectedly Seungyoun turns onto his back, a toothy grin on his face that shines in the dark, then onto his side facing Wenhan and whispers, "I love you too." 
 
Wenhan's heart stops. 
 
"You weren't- I thought you were asleep—Chengyan, I-"
 
Seungyoun kisses him. It's sudden and Wenhan doesn't know how to react at first but Seungyoun is kissing him and his lips are soft and his hair brushes against Wenhan's forehead when he moves forward and when Wenhan's heart finally reboots so he can react, he kisses back, reveling in the moment, and oh my god, this is really happening.
 
He doesn't know how long they do this, but when they finally break away (mainly for the sake of breathing) all he can say is a hushed, "Oh my god."
 
Seungyoun's smile widens. "Yeah," he breathes. "Same."
 
"How were you not asleep?" Wenhan says suddenly, rather affronted. Seungyoun shrugs.
 
"I'm a good actor, I guess," he replies. Wenhan really wants to kiss his -eating grin off his lips. Seungyoun seems to know, though, and leans closer almost as an invitation. Wenhan takes it.
 
It's almost 3 AM.
 
 

 

The next morning, Wenhan lies in bed wondering what led up to Seungyoun's arms wrapped around his waist, face nestled in the crook of his neck, and thinks it was probably a lot of things. 
 
It was probably Seungyoun's easy smile and contagious laugh, probably Seungyoun's bright eyes and childish face, probably Seungyoun's irresistible, strange charm, all so uniquely him.
 
It was probably really just Seungyoun, period.
 
 

 

A/N: i write too much wenyoun OTL

just a little thing inspired by this (though i did change it slightly lmao woops), hope you guys like it even though it's trash :D