Meet Henry Lau

Better Than Revenge [HIATUS]

Ah, finally! Today is my first day in Gangnam International University (or GUI for short). I’ll be taking up Mechanical Engineering as my major. I know that it’s a very unconventional choice for a girl but hey, don’t be ist. I learned how to disassemble a gun on my own back when I was in high school.

I looked around for a free seat, preferably next to a girl. I’m not really good with guys.

 

“Where’s my seat?” Someone behind me whispered.

I turned around and saw a seat plan laid out. “Ah, row G. It’s so far!”

There’s a seating plan? Wow, that’s so grade school! Oh well, not like I have a choice in this. I walked over to the sign and carefully looked at it. There were some names colored in pink and blue. I guess some people have the same surname.

“Woo… Woo…” I mumbled as I tried pinpointing my name. Ah! There it is!

 

Hang on a sec… Why is my name in pink? Oh no don’t tell me…

 

“Aniya, it can’t be. It’s a huge world, Kimi-ah. Nothing will go wrong today.” I assured myself out loud.

“What’s wrong?” Someone asked me.

I turned my head and saw a tall, long-haired girl. She was really pretty. She must be a model because she looked perfect from head to toe.

“Ah, I just got worried about something.” I replied. She smiled warmly at me.

“Don’t think about it too much. It’s only the first day – Oh, I’m Irene Kim by the way.” She said, extending her hand forward.

I shook her hand. “Kimi Woo.”

“Omo! It’s you!” She said.

“Huh?”

“Your sisters with Tory Woo, right?” She asked. I nodded.

She smiled. “Ah, we worked together for Style Nanda. Anyways, nice meeting you. Don’t hesitate to look for me when you need something.”

“Thank you.” I replied. She then walked off to her seat, which was in the left most side of the lecture hall.

 

I headed to me seat, C-18. While walking to my seat, some people were pointing at me. They must think I’m the famous 165 cm model for Style Nanda, Tory Woo. Oh wait, how come Irene didn’t mistake me for Tory?

I touched my jaw. Oh right…

 

I finally got to my row. There weren’t a lot of people in Row C. Must be coming in late.

I plopped my bag down and settled my laptop on the arm rest of the chair. Beside me was a brown haired guy who was fiddling with his pencil. He bit his lower lip. I took my seat and examined the boy’s features. He was as white as snow and his eyes were very small. His hair was very fluffy like a marshmallow. I couldn’t see it very well because he was wearing a snapback.

 

Hmm… Could he be a bad boy? Nah, he looks too innocent to be one. Maybe it’s just the way he dresses that gives off a bad boy aura. He’s really cute, to be honest.

 

“Ah, hello there! I’m Henry!” He said with an aegyo.


“Kimi Woo. Nice to meet you, Henry!” I said cheerfully.

“What’s your major?” He asked me.

“Mechanical Engineering.”

“Really!? Oh cool, me too!”

 

He then started telling me about how he thought that most of his classmates will be guys and the girl to boy ratio would be 1:15. We started conversing about our high school life. It turns out that he came from Toronto just yesterday so he’s still a bit jet lagged. His main purpose in Korea is to take care of his aunt’s mansion in the village across mine.

 

“Random question. Are you related to that person?” Henry asked. I look at the direction he was pointing to.

“You mean that girl?” I asked. Henry looked at to where he blindly pointed earlier.

“Weird, he was there a minute ago.”

“Hmm? Who?”

“I don’t know his name but I saw that his surname was also ‘Woo’.”

A small wave of fear came over me. He doesn’t mean… No, no. It can’t be. The world is too big and there’s no way it could be him.

“O-oh… W-well, I don’t know if I have any relatives in this school.” I stuttered. Henry mouthed an ‘oh’ and nodded.

“Quite a common surname then.” He said.

“Mhm.” I replied.

“So!” Henry said without looking at me. “Do you like Doctor Who?”

I gasped happiness. Okay, this year will be incredibly awesome.