Flashbacks

Better Than Revenge [HIATUS]

Kimi sat alone in the school cafeteria, hoping that Kevin wouldn’t break his promise. He arrived 5 minutes late, but he made up for it by treating her to a full meal. The two ate in silence. There was still an awkward aura around them.

 

“So-” The two said at the same time. They chuckled.

“How was class? AJ told me that your prof was a little high strung today.”

“Little? That guy seemed like he was on his period or something.”

 

Kevin burst into laughter. His laugh made Kimi laugh as well. The two began talking about more campus things like the weird “” statue in the College of Arts and their awesome chancellor. The two had a great time just talking casually.

Their talk lasted for an hour. Kimi had to leave because she had a class right after, while Kevin was done with his classes for the day. They exchanged goodbyes before Kimi left.

Kevin smiled brightly at the thought of him befriending his ex-girlfriend. However, it quickly broke when memories of her from the past returned. Their shared laughs, their fun times together… they stung his heart.

 

*If it wasn’t for that accident, I’m sure we’ll still be together.*

 

Kevin scoffed. He got up and started walking to his car in the parking lot.

 

He got in the driver’s seat, shut the door, and let out a sigh. He hit the steering wheel with his fist.

 

[Flashback]

The car screeched. There was a sound of metal, glass, and bone breaking. Kevin stood from a distance in shock. His heart felt heavy as he watched her tumble over the car and fall down on the pavement. His stomach dropped at the disgusting sight of blood quickly spreading across the pavement.

The car drove away like nothing happened. People around started to panic. Kevin just stood there in shock, unable to see the sight in front of him.