The Past (Part 2)

Better Than Revenge [HIATUS]

It was Kevin’s prom night, with the theme “Liberty Lights”. The gymnasium was decorated to resemble Times Square in New York. The music played were all from famous Broadway shows like Mama Mia and Wicked. I’ve never been to the sleepless city before, but Kevin has.

“It looks almost like this.” He told me. I just smiled.

He held my hand, but I quickly pulled away. Standing next to my crush made my hand sweaty and gross. I don’t want him to think I’m disgusting… He gave me a confused look.

“I… uhh…” I stuttered. “It’s sweaty so umm…”

He chuckled. “It’s okay. Just… let me hold your hand…”

 

He did more than just hold my hand. He dragged me outside to the patio. I was a little hesitant in following him since my stiletto might sink into the soil. Also, my dress was backless so I’ll definitely freeze.

 

“Look up.” Kevin told me. I did as I was told.

“Wow…” It was the only word that escaped my mouth.

Above us were thousands of shining stars. They were twinkling brightly, just like Kevin’s eyes. I turned to my right and saw my best friend staring up at them. It became clear to me.

 

I’m in love with my best friend.

 

“Do you think… It’s possible for two people to be together?” He asked me without looking.

“Yeah. I mean, we see old couple still eating at cafes, right?”

He chuckled. “I wish I could be like that.”

“W-with… Minah?”

He looked at me straight in the eyes. “No.”

He quickly pulled me towards him and crashed his lips onto mine. My eyes widened in shock. Is he kissing me? Is this for real?

 

The warmth of his lips made me feel safe and secure. He soon pulled away and locked eyes with me. He flashed his angelic smile. His eyes sparkled. He definitely looked like an angel from heaven.

“You will always be mine. Now and forever, I declare you mine.”

I blushed. I didn’t know what to say.

“I like you, a lot. I really do.” That was the only thing I managed to say.

 

-----

“YAH KIMI WOO WHAT HAPPENED!” Someone yelled. I looked behind Henry and saw Baekhyun running towards me.

“Aish, she was explaining to me!” Henry snapped.

“Well sorry for being worried about my friend!” Baekhyun replied, rolling his eyes.

I sighed. Henry pat my head and gave me an assuring smile. Baekhyun also smiled at me.

“Thanks guys. I’ll get over him.” I told them. Henry stood up then pulled me up to my feet. Baekhyun gave me a quick bro hug.

 

[Later]

Kimi had already gone home and was nowhere in sight. Henry and Baekhyun were left behind in the campus. They were sitting in front of the giant fountain. Almost everyone had gone home. Most of the students left were the ones taking up law.

 

Baekhyun sighed. “What did she explain?”

“Something about her and Kevin Woo.” Henry replied.

“I feel bad for her.”

 

“By any chance… did she explain the meaning behind that scar on her jaw?”

“Huh? What scar?”

“Didn’t you notice?”

Henry shook his head in reply.

“I thought it was my imagination at first, but she really has a scar on her jaw. It’s on the left side of her face.”

 

Kimi Woo, you’re as mysterious as that ex-boyfriend of yours. What else are you hiding?

--------------------------

Hey hey hey! Sorry I wasn't able to update. I had a lot of overdue projects T~T