So It Begins

Better Than Revenge [HIATUS]

It was another typical Monday morning. Everyone was grumpy and slightly ticked off as usual. Henry wasn’t though. He was the only one happily walking in the halls while his tiny best friend was trailing behind him.

“Again, tell me how are you happy?” Kimi groaned.

Henry showed a full grin. “Because being upset on Mondays is too mainstream.”

Kimi chuckled. “That’s my best friend, all right.”

 

“Oh…” Henry stopped in his tracks. He grabbed Kimi’s wrist and pulled her back. He started dragging her to the opposite direction.

“Why?” She asked her friend.

“I think it’s best not to mention it.”

 

Kimi stopped and pulled her hand away from Henry. He gave her a confused look.

“Why?”

“It’s fine.”

Henry shook his head. “Aniya! I’m not letting you have another break down.”

“Pfft when did I… Okay maybe that one time.”

One time? You cried last Friday too!”

“No I didn’t!”

“Well tears fell from your eyes and… Well I’m not letting something like that happen ever again.”

His cheeks got a little pink. This made Kimi laugh.

“Aish, such a kid.” Kimi teased in a sing-song voice.

“H-hey!”

“Well thanks for your concern anyway. But if you must know, I’m planning something against that two-timing jerk.”

“Hmm? What?”

 

Kimi smirked. She tiptoed to his ear and whispered her whole plan to him. His eyes widened in shock and he pulled himself away from her.

 

“Yah that’s a stupid move!” He scolded.

“Really? I thought it was brilliant.”

Henry placed his hand on her forehead. “Not sick… Are you sure you’re okay? You talk crazy, lady!”

Kimi chuckled.

“Anyway, I’ll talk to you later. I’m gonna start with this plan today.”

“But!”

 

Henry wasn’t able to continue his sentence. He watched his best friend disappear into the crowd. He looked up at the sky and let out a sigh.

 

Kimi stood a few feet away from Kevin. She let out a sigh.

“Here it goes…” She mumbled.

Just before she can take another step closer, a girl merrily skips in front of Kevin and hugs him from behind. He turns around to see the girl and plants a kiss on her cheek. Kimi was shocked.

 

“Kevin-oppa, saranghaeyo!”

Kevin kissed the tip of her nose. “I love you more!”

 

“I’ll see you around, oppa!” The girl said. Kevin waved goodbye and turned his attention to Kimi.

 

He smiled at her. “Hey.”

“Oh oh what?” She said as she turned back to reality.

“You saw that?”

 

Kimi nodded. “I uhhh… just wanted to say ‘hi’.”

“Oh, okay. Hi then.”

Kimi didn’t know what to do. She bit her lower lip and thought of something to say.

“How about we walk and talk for a little while?” Kevin offered.

Kimi nodded. She awkward walks beside him and they started heading towards the science building. Since it was a cold morning, Kimi was waddling like a penguin.

 

“So… how have you been?” Kevin asks.

“I’m good. Got in my dream course and in my dream school… so yeah.”

Kevin smirked.

“How about you?” Kimi asked.

“Same. GUI has the best business courses. Well, it’s the best university in the Gangnam district at least.”

“I see.”

 

Awkward…

 

“Oh, here’s my classroom. I’ll catch you later!” Kimi said.

“Okay, bye.” Kevin said and waved.

He smirked. “Since when did you want to take up engineering?”

 

[Flashback]

“When I go to college, I’ll go to GUI and take up a business course. You?” I asked the 15-year-old beside me.

She looked up at the starry sky. “I really don’t know if my parents will allow it but… I want to be a fashion designer.”

I chuckled. “If I become an idol, will you make my clothes for me?”

She nodded. “Absolutely!”

---------

Hey everyone!

Since I have a gazillion activities coming up, I'm afraid I'll only be able to update every Saturday :( But no worries because I'll definitely be posting more than 1 chapter at the end of every week. Maybe two or three, or four as the maximum.

I'm also planning another story featuring my new U-KISS bias, Kim Jaeseop! :3