The Plot

Better Than Revenge [HIATUS]

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon. Kimi went home to her house in Gangnam to celebrate Ethan’s grades. He got the highest grade in his Economics exam. It was unlikely of her stepbrother to take his studies seriously.

The family just had their fancy lunch. The adults left, leaving the four kids at home. They were all in the lounge room, watching their favorite gag show while catching up on the latest events. Since she took engineering, she couldn’t relate to her siblings who all took a business related course. They decided to grill her with questions anyway.

“Henry’s just a friend! I swear!” Kimi defended herself. There was a slight hint of pink on her cheeks.

“Pfft! And I suppose all of the guys who tweet you are just ‘friends’ too.” Ethan joked.

Clark gasped. “YAH! No boyfriends!”

“But they’re not…” Kimi whined.

Ethan chuckled. “I’m sure Kevin is your last one.”

“Ethan! Mind your mouth!” Tory scolded. She knew that her twin sister hated hearing anything related to Kevin Woo.

Silence lingered. Clark hit Ethan at the back of the head. Kimi bit her lower lip.

“Actually…” Kimi began. “I saw him in the campus.”

“WHAT!?!?!” Everyone exclaimed.

Kimi looked away from her siblings. She knew that they hated him as more than she does.

“Aish… That stalker!” Clark exclaimed.

“I thought he went back to the US?” Tory asked.

“Turns out he’s here.”

Ethan stood up. “Excuse me…”

Tory hugged her little sister. She pulled away and smiled at her. “Go get some ice cream. We have your favorite!” She sang.

Kimi gasped. “OREO FLAVORED!!”

The girl ran out of the room, leaving the older twins behind. They avoided looking at each other. Tory hugged her gigantic white teddy bear while Ethan tightly squeezed on Kimi’s drumstick shaped plushie.

“Buddha once said…” Tory began. “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and-”

“The truth. I know.” Clark continued.

“If she does find out, and she knew who was behind it…” Tory looked at Clark. “Whose side will you go to?”

“I don’t know, Tory. What do you think?” Clark replied truthfully, returning the gaze that his stepsister gave him.

Tory sighed. She knew that her stepbrother was capable of making wise decisions, but now, it seems like he’s about to make a wrong one.

“I would have told her the truth a long time ago.”

“I would if I could.”

Meanwhile, Kimi was in the kitchen with a one gallon tub of Oreo-flavored ice cream and a serving spoon. She hated small spoons when she ate desserts. She sat happily on the kitchen counter, eating her worries away.

Ethan walked in. He grabbed a can of lemonade from the mini cooler. After opening the can, he walked over to his sister.

“Ah.” Ethan said while pointing to his open mouth.

Kimi shook her head. “Mine!”

“Yah! Tony Woo!”

Kimi choked. “Okay, okay. Don’t call me that.” She said in defeat. She took a spoonful of ice cream and fed her brother with the frozen delight.

Ethan snorted. “Victoria and Antoinette. Tory and Tony.”

“Gross.” Kimi said and rolled her eyes.

“Kimi?”

“Yeah?”

“If you want, I can help you.”

“Hmm? With my blueprint?”

“What, no! I can’t do engineering.”

“Aww, I really needed help with that.” Kimi pouted.

Ethan sat on the kitchen counter beside Kimi. He gestured for another serving of ice cream.

“I can help you get your revenge on Kevin.”

Kimi shot an angry glare at her brother

“Hear me out. Please?”

“Fine.”

“Befriend Kevin again-”

“No! Enough!”

“Wait, I’m not done.”

“But I don’t want to.”

“Befriend Kevin again, but date his best friend.”

Kimi furrowed her eyebrows. “How is that helping? Oppa, he’s a player.”

“Like I said, I’m not done yet.”

“Go on.”

“Flirt with Kevin too. Like show him signs that you like him.”

“And break his heart by dating his best friend?”

“Yeah exactly.”

Kimi didn’t even take a second to think about it. “Deal!”