Chapter 6: Tell me

I Don't Know You (sequel: The Real Him)

No ones pov (Byul side)

“Sehun has some explaining to do.” Xiumin says staring at the sleeping Byul. Everyone’s awake right now besides Sehun.

Luckily, her fever was down letting the boys all let out a sigh in relief having one less problem to deal with. Kai clenches his fist tightly biting the inside of his cheeks, stopping himself from waking up Sehun and punching him in the face. Once Luhan saw his friends fist clenched he placed his own hands on top making Kai look up as he smiled. It helped Kai relax but he quickly turns his head when he hears movement.

Byul groans in her sleep stirring herself awake slowly as the boys watch and patiently wait for her eyes to open.

Her eyes slowly open, closing them from the light but opening them again once she got used to it. She sat up rubbing her puffy red eyes from crying herself to sleep outside. All 6 eyes were on her as she looked at every single one of them before getting a little uncomfortable.

“What?” She casually says her voice still rough from the sleep. Luhan was the first to smile at her placing his hand on her forehead. “She will be fine now.” He gets up and heads towards the kitchen leaving Kai and Xiumin still in the living room.

“Where’s Sehun?” She asks noticing his missing present. “What time is it?”

“Sehun is sleeping. Luhan said he slept at 8 in the morning. And currently,” Xiumin checks his phone, “Its 2 in the afternoon.” Smiling at the end she lets out a long sigh putting her head down and messing with her fingers. Kai who had been quiet this whole time watched her every movement trying to think of what happened to her. “I’m going to take a shower.”

She pulls the blankets away from herself quickly scattering towards her room and closing the door with a loud slam. Kai and Xiumin stayed in their spots letting the silence fill the air. “Take her out somewhere.”

“What?” Kai almost yells. “She looks really sad and you know that just as well as I do. Her eyes are puffy and hella red. I really mean it what happened if she met Baek-“

“Don’t say it!” Kai cuts off his friend knowing what name he was about to say. Xiumin lets a sigh leave his lips before he looked at his friend giving his a slight pity look, “Really go do something nice for her. You both are off today and maybe you should tell her.”

Jongin's eyes widen but he knew Byul needs to know someday and maybe today is the right time to do it. He nods his head and once he hears the water running he gets up from the couch as Xiumin did to. He pats his friend on the back before going towards the kitchen to help Luhan as Kai turned to his room.

 

No ones pov (Baekhyun side)

“It’s her. It got to be her.” Lay says taking the black mask off his face and plopping down on the couch next to Baekhyun who’s been fidgeting the whole time. “Would you like to say something?” Kris asks his friend giving him a chance to say anything. “Are you really going to do this? I mean come on leave the poor girl alone don’t you think you did enough already to her?” Baekhyun's spats at Kris who’s tightly holding onto his cup filled with wine trying not to have an outburst towards his friend.

“You should have seen the look on her face when I trapped her! She was so scared and nervous. Tears wouldn’t stop coming out of her eyes! It was hilarious!” Lay laughs as he was telling it holding onto his stomach but that made Baekhyun furious. He slams his hand on the table that’s in front of them and Lay stops. “Stop it I heard enough.” His voice is deep but not scary enough for Lay to actually listen. “She fell on the floor when I left and I’m pretty sure she is-“

“STOP!” Right when Baekhyun yelled something quickly ran past his head and shattered on the wall behind him. Both the boys stared at the broken glass on the floor before turning their heads towards their leader.

“Shut up Baekhyun I had enough of your nonsense. I’m going to get Byul no matter what.” Baekhyun saw Kris eyes turn a darker brown and seeing his fist changing color he gulps down the saliva stuck in his throat. “Lay, I want to talk to Baekhyun alone.” Lay quickly leaves the room leaving the two alone in Kris office.

“Sit back down.” His voice is calm and back to his regular tone letting Baekhyun relax again. “We need a plan.” Kris doesn’t even hesitate but rather sound excited to get his revenge.

Baekhyun only lets a sigh leave his lips. “Ok so my plan is….”

 

No ones pov (Byul side)

"Are you sure?" Byul stares at Kai who’s been sitting on her bed as she puts on toner and lotion. “It’s been a while since we went on a date and today’s like the only day we are both free until who knows when.” She thinks about it for a bit getting up from her seat and making it towards her bed.

Kais leaning back on his two hands smiling as his girlfriend makes her way over to him. She lays flat back on her bed staring the ceiling, thinking about it and smiling. “Ok.”

He quickly snaps his head towards his girlfriend, lying down as well. “Really?!” Kai screams a little too excited. She giggles before pinching his cheeks and nodding.

Kai cups Byul's cheeks as the two stare into each other’s eyes. Leaning in their lips touch and the kiss starts off sweet and innocent turning passionately instantly. Byul pulls back first smiling while catching her breathe. "Get ready I’ll meet you outside in 20 minutes.” Giving her another peck on the lips he happily leaves, skipping to his own room that was only a door down.

“Ready?” Kai zips up his jacket and helps Byul zip up hers. “WAIT!” They turn their head to Luhan who comes running towards them with 2 scarves. One is red and the other is black.

“Put this on before you guys go outside. It’s cold!” Acting like the mother he is, Luhan puts the scarf on for the two satisfied like a mother seeing their kids all grown up. “Call us if you need anything. We can stop by the grocery store if you want.” The 4 say their goodbyes as the couple leave the house with a positive attitude.

Walking to their first destination, the café, the two hold onto each other’s hand tightly whenever the wind blew hard scared to let each other go.

“One Americano and one hot chocolate please.” Kai says speaking his fluent English as the woman told him the price and he paid with his card. Taking a seat near the window with their drinks Byul immediately holds her drink with her two palms warming her hands.

“Cold?” Kai asks after taking a sip out of his hot chocolate. She nods her head in a fast motion getting herself slightly dizzy. “Ok so you have a choice. Do you want to go to Manhattan or ice skating?” Even though he already knows the answer to his own question he still wanted to give her a chance to pick. Without a second thought she yells, “MANHATTAN!” and he wasn’t surprised.

After spending some time at the café the couple took the train to Manhattan. Holding each other’s hand tightly they went looking around taking pictures with the big ornament balls, the electric cord, train and anything that was displayed outside for only the winter. Even though they been to the Disney store, toy are us, M&M world, Hersey world and most of the stores in time square they always have a blast always making new memories which is the reason why Byul loves coming to the city.

“I’m going to use the bathroom real quick. I’ll be back wait here.” She nods her head and watches him disappear into McDonald’s. The weather was dropping and Byul hugged herself to keep warm.

She looked around the place seeing people taking pictures or pass by her. She couldn’t help but smile seeing families and couples having so much fun with each other. Without even realizing herself she was floating away farther from the place Kai was at due to the crowd. She walked back to the store as everyone went around her but collides with someone on the way. “I’m sorry.” She says in a nice mannered voice before walking away. She can feel eyes on her but Byul ignored the feeling and came back to her spot.

Waiting for minutes, she realized Kai hasn’t come out for a long time getting her worried. Byul decides to go in and look for him herself. She went towards the boys’ bathroom but noticed there was no line getting her slightly confused. She tried calling him but his phone was either off or he was talking to someone.

Heading back outside she looked left and right for him but no sight of him anywhere. She looked around the area trying to find a trace of her boyfriend but once she found nothing, Byul was getting worried. Taking a turn from the end of the block she sees someone tall on the phone sitting on the side of someone’s stairs. Sighing in relief, she makes her way over to him but he didn’t seem to notice.

“Does she know?.... Are you sure?.... I swear Sehun I will kill you-…. I know I will tell her soon just let me do it please… ok I gotta go I think I should tell her soon before we head home… yeah ok call if you guys need anything at home… ok bye see you soon.”

He hangs up the phone getting up about to head towards where Byul should be waiting but was surprised to see her right in front of him. “Oh hey there.” He awkwardly says as Byul tilts her head. “Why did Sehun call?” She asked pointing towards his phone that’s in his back pocket.

“Just wanted to check what we were doing.” He tried to play it cool walking to the train station so they can head home. “Stop the act and spit it out.” Byul said her voice not playing around.

Kai turns back around to see his girl standing in the spot he was just at. Her arms were crossed and she was tapping her foot impatiently. Kai let out a sigh knowing this is the time to tell her. He walks towards Byul who is patiently waiting for an answer. “Baekhyun is back. And he knows where we are. No, he knows where YOU are.”

He emphasizes the ‘you’.