Chapter 1: 8/16

I Don't Know You (sequel: The Real Him)

Byuls Pov

4 years… It’s been 4 years since I left Korea and been living in America with my other 4 friends. We live in the same apartment. Sehun and Kai share a room as Xiumin and Luhan share another and I have my own because… well because I’m a girl.

We stopped going to college and decided to live just on our own. Sehun and Kai don’t hate each other anymore. Actually both their jobs are at a dance academy called Star academy. Luhan and Xiumin work at a café together that’s just a few blocks down from our apartment building. I tutor kids and work at a deli part time.

Living in America was better than I thought it would be. We all learned English pretty quickly and even though we didn’t really make friends, we still got each other for support.

“Hey Byul let’s order pizza today!” Sehun said jumping up and down the bed like a little child. Kai hand was twirled with mine as we made eye contact and smiled at each other. “Why not? I don’t feel like cooking anyways.” I said about to getting off the bed but was stopped when Kai grabbed my wrist.

“Sehun go call.” He looked at Sehun as I gave him a confused look. He tugged me back down as I sat back on the bed. Sehun pouted but when he saw us on the bed again he smirked before leaving.

“Is something wrong?” I looked at Kai with a worried face. Our hands never separated as he looked straight out instead of looking at me.

“The boss asked if Sehun and I can go somewhere to teach kids for a week. He said that he will pay for all our plane tickets and apartment rent if we go.”

“Really? That’s so nice to hear!”

“But that means you and the other 2 are going as well. He knows that we live with 3 other people and he is willing to pay all the bills if we go.” The smile on my face slowly disappears as I stare at him with no words coming out of my mouth. “But the problem is… Where going to Korea. 8/16 is our plane date.”

Korea… korea… out of all places it has to be korea…

‘Byul? You ok?”

“H-hu?”

“Are you ok with that?”

Again, my voice was stuck in my throat my heart was pounding against my chest. We abandoned that word in this house and it’s been 4 years since anyone ever said that word, Korea.

“Should I deny the offer?” He looked at me waiting for an answer but I had nothing to say. Is it a good Idea to go? Do I really want to step foot in Korea and make all those painful memories flow back?

“N-no don’t. Let’s go.” He gave me sincere eyes as I painfully smiled at him. Our lips attached as I let a tear drop flow out. Our hands were together still, eyes closed enjoying the sounds of our lips moving in sync.

“Pizzas here!” Luhan barges staring at the both of us. “Sorry to bother the moment… carry on.” He says before closing the door behind him. Kai wipes my tears away before kissing my cheek. He held my hand and we left the bed room together.

 

Baekhyuns pov

It’s been 4 years since I last heard about Byul. I don’t know where she is or how she’s doing but that’s a good thing. I don’t want to hurt her anymore.

In the beginning, Kris asked me to find her. Of course, I didn’t and couldn’t cause I didn’t know where she was going. He would hit me a few times but once he realized himself that Byul won’t be back, he gave up and moved on finding new girls to with.

“Baekhyun! Baekhyun! Bring more bottles were running out!” Kris yells at me, showing me the empty bottles in his hands as he has 3 other girls already all over him. I roll my eyes as I hand him the bottle and sit next to Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol was already eating a women’s face and Lay was drunk from drinking 3 bottles on his own. He passed out minutes ago.

“Baek, our boss told Kris that we have to go to America so we can fill out some paperwork and do other for him.” I rolled my eyes before opening up a glass of soju and chucking it down my throat. “Really? Why can he ing do it himself?” I said lying back on the couch letting the blasting music outside settle inside the room we are in.

“Come on you know the boss doesn’t know English.”

“Well you got that right. Where are we going and when?”

“To New York, 8/16.”

 

Byuls pov

Even though Kai kept telling me to eat at least one bite of the pizza, I didn’t have an appetite to eat right now. I just left the living room and came into my room. Making sure the door was closed I went to my desk and took out my old phone. Lyying on my bed I watched my phone turn on. It was just the same from the last time I stopped using it.

Getting under my blanket I put it over my face. I looked through my pictures; most of them were with Baekhyun. I felt my heart clench from looking at them tears gathering in my eyes once again. I missed him so much even though I hate his guts.

Does that even make sense? To hate someone so much but to miss them at the same time as well?

Once I was done looking through the pictures I went to my messages. There is only one I never deleted and that was Baekhyuns. Nothing was said though but his last message to me before I left Korea officially.

I felt my tears roll down my face as I rubbed my thumb over the message whispering his name. I knew today is going to be a night that I have nightmares about Baekhyun. I stared at the message, making sure I wasn’t reading it wrong. That what he said was real, and I need to accept the fact that he’s not the Baekhyun I knew anymore.

I waited for my eyelids to become heavy as I hear the door to my room open and close, that last thought that was in my mind was Baekhyun. Only Baekhyun.