Chapter 5: Eyes

I Don't Know You (sequel: The Real Him)

Byuls pov

“Happy new years!” Everyone yelled holding up there beer and chucking it down. It’s been a few month since we came back, and like every year we were home around the Television watching the countdown in Manhattan. Jongin wasn’t ignoring me anymore but actually he was more protective.

Ever since the time I was sick in Korea he’s been more careful over everything. I always ask if something is bothering him but he always tells me that it’s just work.

“Where is the kiss from the love birds?” Luhan who is half drunk say, eyelids about to close but he is still going strong. I laugh and turn to Jongin who was already looking at me. We smile at each other before he attaches our lips. It was sweet and loving like any other new year we spent. The other three yell and whistle and I couldn’t help but laugh afterwards.

We spent the next 2 hours drinking and talking about 2014, another year spent. While everyone was happy talking about their year and sharing stories we couldn’t share with each other throughout the year, Sehun kept catching my eyes.

Sure he will laugh and say a few things every now and then but he looked really upset and angry? While everyone was getting ready to sleep in for the night I decided to ask Sehun to go on a walk.

He wasn’t drunk which is a good thing. The first few minutes were silent. It was still dark out; the full moon was the only source of light on the streets. I inhale deeply and exhale with a smile plastered onto my face.

“What are you smiling about?” Sehun says first breaking the silence as I turn to him and link arms. He doesn’t pull away but actually pulls me in closer cause of the cold. We walk a bit more until we come to the park that’s a few blocks down from the houses. A few street lights were good enough for us to know where we were going.

“Why did you want to come out?” He asks after taking a seat on the bench. “Is something wrong with Jongin?” He rolls his eyes, “Is that why you wanted to do on a walk? Cause you’re curious about your boyfriend?” His annoyed tone was coming into play and it did kind of bother me. “No that’s not why I came out.”

“Then what is it?”

“Do you still like me?” I stare at him as he doesn’t say a word and looks straight ahead. His poker face told nothing but I wanted an answer. “I mean, I didn’t mean to sound like a jerk or anything but I just wanted to make sure everything is-“

“Why does it matter?” He stares directly at me another round of silence taking over. “Because I’m worried. You and Jongin have been giving each other weird looks and I just hope it’s not because of me.”

“Don’t be selfish Byul it’s been 5 years now since you’ve been dating each other. That’s stupid if we still fought over something like that.” Without even me realizing anger started to build up and before he can stop me I ran away.

I don’t know what I was thinking to be honest. It is dark and cold outside, probably like 2:30 in the morning. It’s dangerous to be out so late but I didn’t want to go home.

Sehun and Jongin have been giving each other really weird looks lately and it’s been bothering me. The atmosphere when those two are together is cold and silent the same feeling when they had a fight about me a while back. I didn’t mean to sound like a jerk or make him feel bad but I just wanted to know what was up with them.

I kicked the rocks as I walked through the neighborhood not caring which way I was going since I know this place really well. I leaned against the wall my hands in my pocket to keep myself warm. I put my head down and closed my eyes for a second until I heard footsteps. My eyes shoot open but I still kept it down until I heard it get closer to me.

Before I can make a sound or run from it I was already trapped. The person covered my mouth and held onto my wrist tightly making it impossible for me to escape. He intensively stared at me in the eye and I did back as well.

I couldn’t help myself from shaking in fear and the tears in my eyes finally fell on my face. The longer we were staring at each other the longer my thoughts became more clearer and the calmer my tears where but I was still shaking.

“Shhhhhhh….” He says through his black mask around his mouth as I let out a quiet cry. His eyes looked familiar as I squinted to try and see who it was. Once the eyes clicked to me I let out a gasp, my eyes widening. He lets go of me as I fall on the floor and he runs away without saying anything. My heart was pounding loudly against my chest.

“I-it can’t be him. N-no it c-cant be.” I kept repeating that out loud. I hugged myself as I leaned against the wall. The cold sliced through my clothes easily but I didn’t have the strength to move. Tears kept staining my face as I fell asleep with the eyes still haunting me.

 

Sehuns pov

The last time I saw Byul was 3 hours ago and I’m worried sick. We were supposed to come home together but she left me and I didn’t have the energy to chase after her. Luckily everyone was asleep.

I watched the time tick every second, minutes and hours past but yet no call or text from Byul. Did I do something wrong? Was I a little too harsh on her?

I paced around the living room, biting my finger nails and holding onto my phone tightly just in case it goes off. I couldn’t stop blaming myself at this point. After realizing I should have been out looking for her I quickly grabbed my jacket and went outside.

The sun was starting to rise but the weather is still brick cold. I quickly ran around the neighborhood to look for her but she was nowhere to be found. I cursed myself and at this point my heart was beating so fast you can even hear it. I just hope Bae-

“BYUL!”

Without thinking twice I quickly ran up to her and took off my jacket. She was freezing; shaking all over the place and her lips were losing its color. I carried her back home, running through the cold wind. I couldn’t feel the cold anymore all I wanted was to get her safely back home or the others will kill me.

I barged in the house and I was glad I left it unlocked. No one was awake right now which was a good thing. I quickly put her down on the couch and she was shivering like crazy. I quickly went into my room and brought out a blanket from the closet before putting over Byul.

She was sweating like crazy and when I felt her forehead she had a high fever. I quickly made my way to the kitchen and took out medicine before putting it in an eye dropper and doing the same with the water. Putting a towel in a bowl I filled it with water before making my way over towards Byul. She was shivering less but was sweating a lot.

Putting the eyedropper between her lips I squeezed it into as she swallowed it and same for the water. Squeezing all the water out of the towel I dabbed it on her forehead and cleaned her neck before leaving it on her forehead.

Getting up again, I went into out closet and took out our humidifier, filled up with water and put it on the table near Byul before turning it on. Checking everything one last time I finally let out a heavy sigh and rubbing my temple. Feeling tiredness hit me like a brick but I squeezed my eyes and shook my head.

Making my way towards her she was peacefully asleep and a light smile played on my face seeing her safe. There were no sign of hurt or being attacked so it was all good.

“Sehun-ah. . . “ Luhan was standing with his bed hair but eyes fully opened. “Morning.” I say my voice surprisingly deep and husky. “What happened to her?” He comes closer to us and gives a look at Byul who is currently in deep sleep. “I’ll explain later.” There was a long pause of silence and when I looked up to see if he was alright, Luhan was staring right at me.

I jumped but he just gave me a hard look. I was getting uncomfortable with his intense staring and when I was about to open my mouth he spoke first, “You look horrible. Did you get any sleep?” I shook my head and he dragged me across the room. “What are you-“

“Putting you to bed. You look like a student who been studying for 3 days straight without any sleep.” He pulls me all the way to my room and even though I could push him away easily I didn’t have the strength to do that.

Once I got to my shared room with Jongin he was still asleep. Luhan tucks me in bed and smiles. “I’ll take care of Byul from here but for now you need rest mister."